They walked in, Eric giving his name to the young man at the check in station.  They were promptly taken to a table towards the back of the restaurant.  Jenna was in awe of the space, she hadn’t been to anywhere with such an elegant feeling to it.  She suddenly began to feel like she didn't belong, even with JC and Kelly by her side.  It felt foreign, alien, and her stomach began to twist into a nervous knot.


“Hey, you ok?” JC asked as they walked.


“It’s a lot to take in.  The fanciest place I’ve been with you is Olive Garden,” she blushed.


“It takes a while to get used to.  It seems odd that by the time I was 21, I was somewhat used to this.  Little did I know…”


Jenna knew exactly what he was talking about.  Dinners ‘paid for’ by a man they trusted, not realizing it was coming from their paychecks. She wasn’t sure how she felt about him bringing up that part of his life.  On the one hand, she loved it and wanted to hear more, having not really discussed it much. On the other hand, to hear him only bring up the sadder parts of his career, past and present, made her wish it could all go away.  


They were seated at a table on the highest tiers of leveled seating, getting a view of the whole restaurant, including a giant statue of a multi armed goddess.  JC and Eric sat with their backs to the rest of the restaurant, facing away from the statue, with Jenna and Kelly sitting facing the statue.  She knew it was in an effort of giving them some privacy, no one seeing him and taking pictures.  It was still a possibility from the upper levels, but they’d have to be more obvious if they wanted a photo.  


Jenna felt awkward asking for a Shirley Temple, the only thing she could think of that didn't have alcohol that felt fancier than just a soda or water.  JC pulled their server down to whisper something into her ear, the woman nodding at JC in understanding.  


She looked over the menu, her eyes drawn to lots of things on the menu. “Birthday girl, any ideas of what you want?” Eric asked.


“Only a little bit of everything,” she laughed.


“Whatever you want, we’ll get.”

“Eric, no.  I can’t do that…”


“We all know these types of places don’t give you much food on each plate.  It’s my treat, so get whatever you want.  I mean it.”  His eyes were sincere, Jenna wondering if this was the real Eric, or if he was trying to butter her up for something.


“The pan fried chicken gyoza and the pork potstickers, the hot edamame and satay of chicken, to start?”


“How about the peking duck spring rolls, or the vegetable egg rolls?  Enough for each of us to have one,” Eric suggested.  


Jenna nodded, continuing to look down the menu.  “I’d like the hot and sour soup, I have to try it anywhere that offers it.  As for the entree, we can all choose what we want, but I’ll order what I want.”


“Any sushi, for the table?  Jenna, JC told me you’re not a big sushi person, but how about the shrimp based ones, at least for you?”


Had Eric and JC really talked about her that much that Eric knew her food preferences?  “That would be nice, thank you,” she sighed.


“I’m glad you’re a bit more comfortable now,” JC whispered in her ear, a reassuring hand on her knee under the table.  His hand lingered as he held the menu in his left hand.


Their drinks arrived, Jenna’s looking just as fancy, if not moreso, but not resembling a Shirley temple.  She looked at JC.  “What is this?”


“I told our server that my girlfriend has seizure medication she can’t mix with alcohol.  Technically true but also not exactly.  I asked for the fanciest thing they could make without alcohol.  My guess is that it's a virgin mai tai, with the red and orange swirling colors,” he said quietly in her ear. “I think the pineapple wedge and cherry for garnish give that vibe as well.  Feel free to have as many as you want, even play around with different versions of drinks.”


She took a sip, her eyes widening and eyebrows raising at how good it tasted despite not having alcohol.  “This is great.”


“We can try others throughout dinner,” JC assured her, squeezing her knee before going up her thigh a little.


Eric raised his glass.  “To Jenna.  To your health, your happiness, and the love you have for others. To 40.”  He took a short video of them clinking their glasses, keeping any faces out of the shot.  He took video of the statue, showing the people down below them.  


“I’ll post these later, and I’ll tag JC since people know he’s here after the posts earlier today. I’ll put that it’s for your birthday, but leave him out of any pictures so you two can be cozy.  By the time I post these, we’ll be on to our next stop.”


“Next stop?  I thought this was just dinner?” Jenna replied.


“One more stop, but you wouldn’t have bought a dress like that for just dinner.  You very rarely post where you are in the moment, it’s easy for fans to find you and take your privacy away.”


“Kelly, when you have a minute, I have a favor to ask for this woman right here,” JC smiled, putting his hand higher up Jenna's thigh.  “Part of her birthday surprises tomorrow.”


“Sure,” Kelly replied, taking a sip of her vodka cranberry.


Their appetizers arrived, filling the small table with food.  JC wished he could feed her, be romantic in that moment.  He’d have his chance at dinner on her birthday, but was fighting his urges to just say fuck it and throw caution to the wind.  His hand moved further up her thigh, his hand barely touching the edge of her dress, his fingers slowly caressing her soft skin.  Jenna tried to clench her legs, JC smiling softly while also providing resistance.  


She looked at him, the smirk on his face as if he was doing nothing wrong.  He picked up a piece of food from the table, taking a bite as if to tease her.  He bit down slowly, running the tip of his tongue across his lips.  She noticed the way his jaw moved, reminding her of dirty things he could do to her.  


‘Jesus,” Kelly whispered.  “Just go fuck in the bathroom already…”  Eric all but spat out the sip of his drink he’d just taken, coughing and choking it down.  “I mean, you guys are so great together,” Kelly said sweetly, as if she hadn’t just said something so suggestive.


JC had ordered sushi, managing to eat with his left hand so he could keep his right hand on her leg.  She wondered if he was playing some sort of game, touching her in plain sight of people, knowing at any second they could get caught.  Whether he knew he was driving her crazy, making her need him more than she thought possible.  Whether he planned on making her his next course.  She wondered if he’d done this before with Jen, seeing how well he held the chopsticks in his non dominant hand.  Not that she could complain, she supposed, if it meant that he was well practiced and using it on her.  She had certainly benefited from his years of perfecting other skills, in and out of the bedroom.


He smiled at her, admittedly loving the look on her face of both ‘what are you doing?’ and ‘don’t stop’.  He turned his hand slightly to dip under the fabric of her dress.  He fought a groan as he felt the lace that met his touch.  He ran his index finger along her, already feeling how much she wanted him.  He slowly pulled his hand away, licking the tip as if he’d gotten something off her cheek, savoring the taste of her against his tongue.


Watching him almost made her cum right at the table, knowing what he’d just done.  Kelly and Eric were lost in their own little discussion that neither of them noticed.  It could have been intentional, but Jenna didn’t care at the moment.  She craved his touch, her leg feeling cold without his hand on her.  


They continued dinner, Eric getting to know Jenna better.  They asked about her class, what she missed about not working, funny stories of the kids and things they did or said.  JC smiled, seeing them getting along so well. 


Just when she thought they were finished, the empty plates being taken from the table, she saw a set of servers approaching their table.  They began to sing to her, her face turning several shades of red as other diners around them joined in.  It was more than she had room for after everything they’d ordered, sharing the plate with the table. 


JC took a fork, digging into a piece of a chocolate cake and a bit of vanilla ice cream, putting it to her lips.  She gladly opened her mouth to take the bite, their eyes twinkling as they held each other’s gaze.  It was a memory that would stick with her when she told stories of this trip for years and years.


Eric stood up, putting his jacket on.  “Are you ready for the next part?”


Jenna nodded nervously, wondering where they were going next.  They walked down the leveled seating area, Jenna walking next to Kelly to avoid drawing attention of walking with JC. Eric led them within the restaurant, and down some stairs into a long hallway.  There were paintings along one wall before leading to a long halled archway with twinkle lights leading to an elevator.  Jenna was nervous and curious, then going down a short hallway to a bodyguard in front of a door. 


Jenna and Kelly exchanged confused looks, even confused as the door opened and loud music blasted their ears. Jenna felt JC grab her and gently in his, pulling her through the doorway. 


Jenna held tightly to his hand, grabbing Kelly with her other hand, moving through the sea of people as they followed Eric up to the upper level. They sat at a table in a secluded corner, Jenna feeling a little less claustrophobic. 


“Jenna, let’s go dance while these guys get drinks,” Kelly suggested.


“I’m not going down there, Kel.”


“Then dance with me up here. Someone can pull you away once I have a drink in my hand,” she smiled, looking at JC.


“I ordered bottle service, so that should be coming soon,” Eric said.  “Kelly, another vodka cranberry?”


“Please.”


“We’ll be back once the champagne comes.  Jenna, can you have enough to toast to your birthday?”


“Just a couple sips, I guess.  I’ve been afraid to go into mom groups and such, even though if need totally anonymous as far as anyone was concerned.”


“I’ll get you Jess’s number, and Karly’s.  They might be helpful for you without having to put yourself out there online,” JC offered. 


“Thanks, I appreciate it.”


Bottle girls came with a bottle of champagne, Eric requesting the making for vodka cranberries and a couple other things.  


“Are you really going to drink all of that?” Jenna asked. 


“I’ll have some, but I don’t plan on too much, given my plans with you tomorrow,” JC answered. 


“You know I’d drink that bottle of vodka all by myself,” Kelly laughed. 


“And have one hell of a hangover the next morning,” Jenna replied. 


“Fine, I’ll share, or limit myself to a few. Someone needs to drink for you.”


They poured the champagne, toasting to Jenna once again. Eric got a couple videos in to post later to his stories, mostly of the view of the club from their table and the railing nearby.  JC assured her he’d get drinks like she had for dinner, he definitely needed her sober for once they got back to the hotel.


Her body was buzzing with sexual electricity, knowing he would love what she had on underneath, and assuming she’d wear her special set for him the following day for her birthday.  JC followed Eric to the bar to get a drink for Jenna, leaving Kelly and Jenna to dance in their little section, Jenna knowing better than to leave a table full of alcohol unattended.


She was used to the music from being at Heart, but current club music wasn’t her thing.  She was starting to feel her age, not knowing most of the songs being played.  “Hey,” Kelly said, “I know that look. Cut that shit out right now.  You’re a badass bitch, it’s your birthday tomorrow, and you have a fine ass man who I'm sure can’t wait to get you out of this dress…”


“She’s right,” JC whispered in her ear, presenting a drink to her.  Jenna sipped on it as she danced, JC pulling her closer to their booth.  “I wouldn’t mind a little making out with my beautiful girlfriend…”


She gently pushed him onto the sofa, climbing onto his lap, their lips meeting.  She could taste alcohol on his tongue, making her feel a little dizzy with excitement.  His hands roamed the back of her dress, making sure she was firmly in place.  She started to grind against him, JC groaning in her mouth.


“Careful, or I might not be able to wait until we get back,” he growled in her ear.  He opened his eyes, looking into the club beyond her.  “Though it looks like maybe Kelly might be headed that way.”


Jenna turned her head, seeing Kelly dancing with a man, the alcohol removing any and all inhibition.  Dancing turned into a heated kiss, roaming hands, before seeing them walk off together.


“I’m glad, she was hoping to get laid during this trip somehow,” Jenna smiled.


“Let’s just make sure she comes back with us to the hotel, or at least texts that she’s safe.”


“Her phone isn’t here, so I’m guessing she has it tucked in her dress somewhere.”


“Do you wanna dance a little?  Up to you, birthday girl.”


“Nothing wrong with a little bump and grind, right?” she smirked.


“With you?  Absolutely nothing wrong with that.  I still remember the first time I held you in my arms at Heart.  I felt something then, but I had no idea it would lead to anything like this.”


They danced, JC holding her in his arms, the music merely a formality in the background.  They locked eyes, nothing else in the world mattered but that moment.  Jenna felt a familiar feeling, remembering when she wished JC had kissed her at Heart.  Thankfully, he closed his eyes and pressed his lips to hers, taking the step now that he hadn’t taken then.  


They sat in their booth, dancing and having a couple drinks, Eric indulging more than they did.  “Any chance we’ll see Eric pull a Kelly?” Jenna wondered, still waiting for Kelly to come back.  


“No, not this trip.  He cuts loose on his longer trips.”


“You mean THIS isn’t cutting loose?” she laughed.


“You haven’t seen half of it,” he replied.  “You think Kelly’s ok?”


“Let me text her.  Hopefully there isn’t a long line for the bathroom if they’re taking this long…”


Jenna took out her phone.  Hey slut, saw you go off with a guy.  You OK?


A couple minutes later, he phone buzzed.  I GOT SOME!!


I figured as much.  Feel better?


No.  I want more.  We’re dancing downstairs, you should join us.


Or you come up here so I can dance with Josh.  


Ugh, fine bitch. But he’s already asked me back to his hotel for more. He just fingered me, but OMG…


Jenna rolled her eyes, Kelly definitely drunk. Get your ass back up here.


Kelly came back up, a goofy smile on her face as she swung the man on her arm around towards Jenna. 


“I’m Brian,” he said, a little inebriated himself. 


“Jenna,” she replied. 


“You here with anyone?” he asked. 


“You suggesting a three way?” Kelly laughed loudly. “Could be hot, but…”


“She’s with me,” JC interjected. He put a firm hand around Jenna’s waist. 


“It’s all good, Kelly and I are vibing.”


“What hotel are you at? I need her tomorrow morning for this one’s birthday,” JC said, reminding Kelly of her tentative plans with Jenna.


“The Ritz-Carlton down the street from the Plaza. She’ll be back, though I can’t promise what condition she’ll be in…” Brian growled, kissing her neck and running his hand over Kelly.


“No more alcohol for either of you, then.  If you’re lucky you’ll remember some of this in the morning,” Jenna chided. 


“Wait, it’s your birthday? We should drink to celebrate…”


“She can’t, she’s pregnant,” Kelly stumbled on the words coming out of her mouth. 


“Oh, well, double congrats.”


They went back and forth between dancing and sitting and giving Kelly and Brian a chance to sober up, Eric down by the DJ booth getting more videos for Instagram.  


Eric made his way back up, JC deciding they were ready to go back to the hotel.  His hands on Jenna in a subtle way that told her exactly what she was in for when they finally got back.  They offered Kelly and Brian a ride since they were on the same block.  


They rode in silence, Kelly fighting passing out on Brian’s shoulder on the drive across town. As they pulled up to the Ritz-Carlton, Brian thanked them for the ride. 


“I promise I’ll go easy on her,” he winked. 


“Don’t you dare, I need it bad, baby…” Kelly practically begged. “If you’re half as good with your dick as you are your-“


Brian closed the door before Kelly could finish her sentence, waving sloppily before walking them inside. 


“He’s a catch,” JC chuckled, shaking his head. 


“She didn’t need a catch, she just needed some-” Jenna caught herself before she finished her thought.


“That much is obvious,” Eric sighed. “I’m glad your bed is against the wall of her room so I don’t have to worry about being kept up all night.


Jenna turned five shades of red. “Eric…”


“I have no delusions that nothing will happen tonight. It’s after midnight, so it’s already your birthday, so you might as well start celebrating now.  You’re pregnant, it’s not like there’s another way that happens…”


Jenna still felt embarrassed that he knew what was coming. To his credit, it was probably a given, but it didn’t make it any less uncomfortable.  They got to their hotel moments later, JC helping Jenna out of the SUV. They rode the elevator up to their floor, Jenna trying not to make eye contact with Eric as they walked to their rooms. 


“Happy birthday, Jenna.  I’ll see you later today, since it is officially your birthday now,” Eric said. 


Jenna smiled softly. “Thank you.  Goodnight, Eric.”


JC opened the door, trying to not show how much of a hurry he was in to start things. 


“Happy birthday, baby,” he smiled, taking her in his arms. 


“I bought something for you,” she said, returning his smile. 


“Yeah? What did you get me?” he asked, somewhat confused. 


“Undress me and you’ll find out,” she replied with a smirk. 


His hands pulled her dress over her head faster than she could register what was happening. 

 

He took one look at the black lace teddy, sucking in a breath. “Best. Present. Ever…”

Chapter End Notes:

Be ready for an epic birthday.  I'll post on Tuesday as a special treat instead of Wednesday :)  As always, feedback is appreciated :)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story