The car pulled up to the theater, Jenna seeing the long line to get in. “It’ll take forever,” she sighed. 


“The show starts in an hour, and Eric is in line for us.”


“Josh, we can’t cut the line…”


“You’ll see,” he sighed softly. They got out of the car, Jenna nuzzling into her jacket at the cold hitting her. JC led her around the line until he saw Eric, using a side door to go in.  “I don’t do things like this often, but there are perks like this for big name people wanting to see a show. Thank god I still fall into that category somehow,” he chuckled. 


“You damn near break the internet every time you post or Eric tags you in something. People freaked out over seeing you we coming here, then the Peloton thing.  I don’t think you’ll ever lose that notoriety.”


They went inside, getting to their seats. Before they sat down, JC pulled out his phone. “A picture so we remember your first Broadway show.”  He pulled her close, snapping a picture of them, with the stage behind them.


“We’re 5th row, Josh. This is incredible.”


“Your first show, I couldn’t have you sitting in the back where you can barely see.”


They were seeing SIX, Jenna admittedly having no idea what the show was about until she read the program.


“Is this for work as far as being historical?” Jenna asked him. 


“Don’t worry about it. Just enjoy the show. I’ve heard great things about it and thought you’d enjoy it, regardless of why I’m interested.”


The lights dimmed, JC sitting in the middle of the three of them.  They took in the show in very different ways, Jenna eager to discuss it when they were finished. She was blown away by the musicality of the show and how well they could sing, curious if Liam would take after her or JC. 


She smiled, remembering her dream like she had just woken up. His dark hair and blue eyes, hearing his little cry. For being hungry, he had been quiet in her dream. She wondered what he’d be like, her hand resting on her stomach. 


JC looked down, seeing her lost in her own world. “I hate to do this, but there’s a show going on,” JC whispered. 


Jenna blinked back to the present. She glanced up at JC, feeling him take her hand in his. She wished they could be more like a couple, but it was her first time being somewhere JC was known to be and could draw attention. 


The show ended, waiting for most of the crowd to dissipate. Eric had left, Jenna curious what was left beyond the obvious at the hotel. 


“Where to next?” Jenna asked.


“You’ll find out, we have a short ride ahead of us.”


They got outside, the private car waiting for them. Jenna was still transfixed on what she saw out the window as they drove through the city. 


The car came to a stop, Jenna having no clue where they were, the buildings blending together in the dark of night. JC got out of the car, taking Jenna’s hand to assist her out of the car. 


“Where are we?” Jenna asked again. 


“I’m taking you to the top of the world. The Empire State Building.”


They walked into the building, Jenna surprised no one else was around. “You need reservations,” JC said, knowing what she was thinking.


He gave his proof of reservation, the two being ushered into the elevator by a guide. “Your first trip to New York?” the man asked Jenna. 


“Yes. Quite the trip, and today’s my birthday.”


“Happy birthday, I hope it’s one to remember,” the man replied. 


“I have no doubts,” Jenna smiled, looking up at JC.


JC wrapped his arm around her waist, holding her close as they rode up to the 86th floor. The doors opened, opening to a short hallway before going to the main observation deck. It was a long hallway of windows to look out onto the city, Jenna stopping to look out each window. She had no idea what she was looking at for the most part, but taking it all in as she looked around. 


They reached the area to go up to the 102nd floor, getting back on the elevator. Jenna was excited, though worried about how windy it was going to be up there. 


The elevator stopped. “Close your eyes and trust me,” JC whispered. Jenna was suddenly nervous, but did as she instructed. He led her by the hand out of the elevator. She heard something familiar, music playing as they walked. She recognized the intro, but the voice she heard on the verse caught her off guard.


“It’s you, your voice,” she said softly. “What is going on?”


“Giving you a birthday to remember,” he smiled. 


The music got louder as they went, JC stopping at a certain point. “Open your eyes.”


She slowly opened her eyes, her breath sucked from her lungs. It was dark, save for flickering candles along the floor, rose petals spread out. “I want to dance on the top of the world with the most beautiful woman in the world,” he said, taking her hand in his. 


He led her into the middle of the area, pulling her into his arms. They danced to songs JC had recorded with Justin for her.  She heard that song she’d played for JC, one she’d been curious to know what it sounded like with his voice on it. It was as beautiful as she could have hoped, gasping as she heard Justin’s voice take the second verse, their voices harmonizing like it was the easiest thing in the world. 


The song ended, silence taking over, the hum of the city an afterthought. 


“Jenna, I had no idea when I saw your car crash, that my life would change in almost every way imaginable. Your dream about Liam made me want something I’d never wanted before. A dream I had today confirmed that this is the path we’re meant for. I was at the hospital, going to see you in the labor and delivery ward. Our parents were there, no fighting. I walked into the room, and you were beautiful. I held Liam’s hand, putting him on the bed to meet his baby sister.”


“Josh…” Jenna sucked in a gasp. 


“I want Liam, I want our little girl. I want a family, and can’t imagine a family or the rest of my life without you.”


He got down on one knee, Jenna audibly gasping as he pulled a small box out of his pocket. 

 

“Jenna Pollard, will you marry me, be my wife, and spend the rest of your life with me?”

Chapter End Notes:

Yes, I'm ending it here.  I'm writing part two, Meant To Live, and will post once I have a bunch of chapters in reserve.

 

I hope you enjoyed part one and hopefully won't have to wait long for part 2!

 

Feedback is appreciated.  What would you like to see in part 2?


Incomplete
nsyncsfan2001 is the author of 23 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Save My Life also liked 88 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story