Story Notes:

I was finally inspired to write!  This is just a short story.  I was writing something with these characters and it came to me.  I thought it was cute enough to share as a stand alone for now.  (or should I say "for Meow"?)

Happy 8/8

 

Jamie seemed extra frazzled this morning.  Being Chris’ personal assistant tended to frazzle even the most unflappable people, so it wasn’t totally unexpected.  Jamie usually handled Chris’ scheduling with aplomb, so her frazzledness was a little unexpected today.

She was trying to sort through all the last-minute changes to Chris’ schedule and make sure that it matched up with his regular band schedule.  She was sorting the pages in her clipboard when Joey walked up behind her.  He sniffed deeply. “Dang girl, why do you smell like cookies?”

Without looking up from her work, Jamie replied, “Huh?  Oh, it’s probably my vanilla lip balm.”

“Well, it smells good!”

She started to walk away.  “Yeah, um, sure.”  She stopped for a moment, reached into her pocket, and held the tube of lip balm up, all without taking her eyes off her papers. “Want some?”

Joey smirked.  “Sure do!”   He took the tube from her and tossed it over his shoulder.  He grabbed Jamie, placed one hand on her cheek, the other hand around her waist and planted a smooch right on her lips.

Jamie dropped her paperwork across the floor and her eyes bugged out. She threw her arms around Joey as he moved his hand from her cheek to her behind her neck and proceeded to dip her while deepening the kiss.  Joey gently tried to gain access to her mouth and before she thought too much, Jamie parted her lips.  Joe softly licked her lips and his tongue slipped into her mouth. It had been a long time since Jamie had been kissed and even longer since someone kissed her with such love.  She knew Joey didn’t love her that way, but it was still nice. Her knees went weak, and her heart fluttered.

It was the clapping from Justin and Lance that broke them apart.   Joey straightened them up, gave her a final peck on the lips and started to walk away.  “Nice lip balm,” he winked.

Jamie was left in a kiss-induced daze. Lance bent down to pick up her papers. Justin laughed. “Jamie, you good?”

“Huh?”  She touched her lips with a smile. Then she came back to herself. “Oh, Justin?  What can I help you with?”

Justin shook his head and patted Jamie’s shoulder. “There, you go, Lance. He clearly hypnotizes women with his lips.”

“Yeah, wait until JC finds out she’s been Fatoned,” Lance laughed. “This is not going to end well.” He handed Jamie her file, took her by the shoulders and aimed her toward the door. “Interview with Chris, remember?”

“Yeah, right.”  She looked at her folder, “which interview?”

Lance scanned her calendar over her shoulder, “This one hun,” he pointed to the large, highlighted square.

“Oh!  Yeah, got it. Thanks, Lance!”  She kissed his cheek quickly and ran down the hall.

“Damn, he’s good!” Justin laughed while shaking his head.

 

After several interviews with Chris, Jamie spent the concert time answering emails and setting up Chris’ calendar for the next day. 

When they were all back on the bus, Jamie started digging through her pockets and office bag.  She started taking everything out of her bag and piling it on the table. 

“What are you looking for, Jim?” Chris looked over her shoulder to see the pile on the table.

She grumbled, “I can’t find my new lip balm.  I just got it.  I’m sure I had it with me today.”

Lance and Justin met each other’s glance and tried not to laugh.

“Oh, uh, Jamie, I owe you a new lip balm,” Joey piped up as he grabbed a drink from the fridge. 

Jamie looked at him, “What?”

“I threw your lip balm somewhere earlier today and I have no idea where it went.”

She gave him a funny look.

“You remember, when I tried it today?”  Joey smiled big.

Her face went pale. “No, that was a dream or something.  That didn’t happen.”

Justin laughed, “Oh it happened, girl.  You got Fatoned!”

Jamie blushed, remembering the feeling of being in Joey’s arms, with his lips pressed against hers.  As nice as it had been, she’d been trying to get JC to notice her for weeks.  Joey winked at her, clearly enjoying his own memories of their moment. 

They heard some shuffling behind them and JC moaned loudly, “She got Fatoned?  Noooooo!”

Everyone laughed.  Chris elbowed her and whispered, “Pretty sure he’s noticed you now, Jim!”

 


Completed
PopDiva is the author of 17 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story