Story Notes:

Thank you so much for the amazing feedback I got in my Awesome August story and the interest in a sequel. This ended up going a bit off the rails but I'm happy with where it landed and I hope you all enjoy.

 

TW: Excessive alcohol, recreational drugs (pot and ecstasy), extremely NC-17 sexual content

“There’s my girl!” Joey bounded over and scooped the young woman entering the arena into his arms.


“Your girl?!” Mackenzie half laughed, half screamed as her feet left the ground. “Last I heard, “your girl” was a 9 month old little cutie.”


“She is,” Joey beamed as he set her back down. “Remind me to show you pictures.”


“Block out like three hours, he has a ton,” Lance chuckled as he gave Mackenzie a hug. “Good to have you back.”


“Good to be back,” Mackenzie let out a large breath, eyeing the stage. “Not gonna lie, glad you guys went smaller with this one. That last tour was massive.”


“You weren’t even on the last tour, what are you complaining about?” Chris joked as he came over.


“Word travels around,” she winked at him. 


“Same with you,” JC emerged to join the group. “Heard you are making quite the name for yourself. We’re lucky to have you back; personally and professionally,” he gave her a soft smile.


“Yeah, well, gotta go where the work is,” Mackenzie shrugged with a smile. “At least babysitting you all helped prep me for Limp Bizkit.”


“We can’t be as bad as those guys,” Chris commented.


“Oh no, they’re far worse,” Mackenzie laughed. “That Anger Management tour was non-stop testosterone for like nine months with all the performers hopping on and off but no one was trying to wrangle them so more time to actually learn my craft,” she gave them all a look. “Plus I got to see a bunch of Europe, which was pretty amazing.”


“And you flew straight from Hawaii for this?” Joey asked her.


“Timing worked out. Janet’s tour is a wrap so I could get here in just enough time to start setting the sound into place. Janet sends her regards, by the way.”


“Well thank God cuz Steve’s been trying and it’s just not…” Lance started.


“My brother is a dip shit,” Joey continued. “He’s good, don’t get me wrong, but he’s in over his head with this one.”


“That explains why Tim sounded so frantic on the phone,” Mackenzie chuckled. “Don’t worry, I’ve got you boys taken care of.” She paused, looking the group over, “Well, not so much boys anymore, are you?”


“Lots changed in two years,” JC looked at her, noticing the changes in her too. She had more of an overall confidence than she did when he’d last seen her at the end of the No Strings Attached tour, her hair shorter and more fashionable and her clothes more fitted. It was definitely the difference between a girl fresh out of college and a woman finding her place in the world.


“Wanna talk about change? You haven’t seen Justin yet,” Lance laughed and yelled for his band mate. “Yo Curly! Come say hi!”


“Don’t fucking call me that,” Justin yelled back, causing the men all to giggle like children. Justin trotted over a moment later, pulling a t shirt down over a sweaty tank top. He paused as soon as he recognized the woman in front of him. “Well shit,” he gave a low chuckle.


“That you are,” Mackenzie raised an eyebrow, causing the other men to howl with laughter. Justin shot them all a look. “Good to see you, Justin. Hair looks good.”


“Or lack thereof,” Chris chuckled.


“Good to see you too,” Justin ignored Chris and responded to Mackenzie. “Hopefully I’ll be seeing a lot more of you,” he winked and walked away.


“Well, that was awkward,” Joey noted with a laugh. “Don’t worry, you can bunk with me if Justin’s being too aggressive.”


“You both are gross,” Lance laughed and literally pulled Joey away.


“I won’t be gross but, uh, wouldn’t mind another sleep over again,” Chris gave a sly smile.


“I knew what I was getting back into,” Mackenzie smiled back. “Let’s get through rehearsals then we’ll discuss bus arrangements.” Chris took that as a positive sign and raised his hand for a high five, which Mackenzie quickly returned, then ran off after Joey and Lance.


Mackenzie turned and was met immediately with the blue of JC’s eyes, her breath catching for a moment as she had nearly forgotten how intense they could be in person. “Zie, it’s, uh, it’s good to have you back.”


“You mentioned that,” she smiled at him.


“Yeah, I did,” JC scratched the back of his neck, trying to find the best way to say what he wanted. “We’re…cool, right?”


“I wouldn’t have taken the job if we weren’t,” she reassured him.


“I just…we didn’t exactly leave things…”


“Look, we were both pretty excited to wrap the tour and things had gotten…tense, between us. It was definitely my favorite time to unwind,” she winked.


“Mine too,” JC had to physically keep himself from shuddering at the memory of Mackenzie’s sweaty body writhing underneath him as he drove deep into her. He shook his head, getting back on track. “I just want you to know, I don’t, like, expect us to, you know, pick back up, like that. I mean, I’m not opposed but, I can keep it professional.”


“JC,” Mackenzie smiled softly, closing the gap between them and giving him a chaste kiss. “I’m not opposed either but let’s see where things go, ok?”


“Ok,” JC smiled and fought not to kiss her again before he could focus on his real concern for her. “Uh, speaking of that, kind of, ummmm, I don’t know if you heard, about Justin…”


“It’s headline news. I’m pretty sure the President has heard about Justin. How’s he doing?”


“Not great,” JC admitted. “Super dialed in for work, like, I’ve never seen him more focused but when he’s not working, it’s…”


“As I said earlier, word travels around,” Mackenzie told him. “Sounds like he’s enjoying being single.”


“That’s one way to look at it,” JC bit his lip. “The other way is that he’s being self destructive and trying to numb his pain and I, ummm, I don’t want you…”


“You’re afraid he’s gonna try to sleep with me.”


“I’m afraid he’s gonna consider you a conquest,” JC said flatly. “I know this might be coming off as, I don’t know, possessive, but I promise I’m not trying to be. Justin wants to fuck around to feel better, I’m not gonna judge him for it, but I don’t want you getting used in the process.”


“JC, I appreciate you looking out for me and I thank you for giving me a heads up. I,” Mackenzie sighed, “I remember what he’d say after every late night on the bus. “God, you are lucky I have a girlfriend.” Now he doesn’t. I considered that before taking this job. I considered you too.”


“Really?” JC raised an eyebrow.


“We’ve both grown in the past two years and, well, let’s just say if something did happen, I wouldn’t be the one getting used,” Mackenzie smirked.


JC let out a deep chuckle. “You’ve certainly grown from the girl just trying to deal with us after a show.”


“I’m enjoying the road life for right now. I’m not looking for a relationship but I’m far more open to sharing my bunk than I was before.”


“That an invitation?”


“Maybe,” Mackenzie giggled then grew serious. “Will it be a problem if someone else gets an invitation?”


JC seriously considered it. “As long as it’s an invitation and not an invasion, no. You’re a grown woman, you do what you want.” JC paused a moment, “Just maybe don’t do it in front of me.”


“Fair but I thought you liked to watch.”


“Who told you that?” JC gave a surprised laugh.


“Told you, word travels around,” she winked and laughed, linking her arm into his as they headed out of the arena.


**********************


The first week had its sticking points with the sound but by dress rehearsal week, Mackenzie had found her groove. Three days before the tour officially kicked off, Mackenzie sat at the board making some final adjustments in her notes to tweak when the stage was reassembled in Portland a few days later.


“You’re here late,” a voice a tad deeper than she remembered caught her attention.


“So are you,” she smiled up at Justin. “Just wanna make sure we’re all set. Want you guys to sound as amazing as I know you are.”


“As long as you don’t let Steve anywhere near the controls, we’ll be fine,” Justin chuckled low. “Need a ride?”


“I’m just at the hotel across the street. I can walk.”


“Zie, it’s almost 1am. You aren’t walking. Let me take you.”


Mackenzie eyed Justin, trying to figure out his angle but she was just getting gentlemanly offer from him. “Ok, give me a second to pack up.”


Justin watched as Mackenzie stuffed some notes into her backpack and cleaned up the area. She was hotter than Justin remembered, had some edge to her. He liked it. “You look good,” he stared at her ass then quickly recovered himself. “I mean, you know, in good shape. Healthy.”


Mackenzie turned back to Justin with a flip of her hair and a wide grin on her face. “Thanks, so do you. I’m ready to go when you are.” She purposely let the statement hang there, just to see how much Justin might squirm.


He smiled back and led Mackenzie to his Jetta, holding the door open to let her in. “Huh, not as flashy as I expected from you,” Mackenzie commented.


“A little bit of practicality goes a long way,” he winked as he shut  the door and got in the driver’s side. “Any place else you’d rather go before the hotel?”


“What did you have in mind?”


“Bar?”


“Are you even old enough to drink?”


“I turned 21 last month, smart ass,” he gave a comical snear. “Not that that would have stopped me.”


“I have no doubt about that,” Mackenzie chuckled. “Hotel is good. It’s late.”


“As you wish,” he smirked as he started the car. 


The ride was less than five minutes as Mackenzie really was staying directly across the street from the venue. Justin pulled up to the entrance and turned to look at Mackenzie. “Want me to walk you up to your room?”


“Nice try,” she laughed. “Pretty sure it’s safe.”


“You can never be too careful,” Justin gave a toothy grin.


“The only danger around here is you,” she joked.


“Only if you want it to be,” he licked his lips.


Mackenzie gave a laugh, throwing Justin off. “Jesus, tone it down a little. I get it.”


“Come on, Zie. So much teasing last time around. Nothing holding us back now.”


“Nothing holding you back. Did you even think to ask if I was seeing someone?”


Justin pulled his head back slightly, realizing he had never thought of that. “Uh, are you?”


“No, but that’s not the point,” Mackenzie informed him. “Things are different this time around and not just cuz you’re single. We’ve both lived a lot of life in the past year and a half. Breathe; let it evolve, see where it goes.”


“I’m not real good with that right now,” Justin admitted, a little defeated.


“I understand and,” Mackenzie sighed, “You do what’s best for you, no judgment, seriously. But I’m gonna do what’s best for me as well.”


“Meaning?” Justin asked.


“Meaning you’ll know if I decide to take you up on the offer but forcing it will definitely ensure it doesn’t happen.”


“I’m not used to not making the first move.”


“And I’m learning that I like making the first move,” she leaned in closer.


“Tell me something,” Justin lowered his voice as he locked eyes with her. “Those late nights on the bus? Did you ever want to, you know, act out some of those movies?”


“Very much so,” she breathed, “but that was against the rules.”


“Rules are made to be broken,” he moved to close the gap between them.


Mackenzie pulled back, placing a finger on his eager lips. “And sometimes the anticipation makes the reward that much sweeter.”


“I have no doubt that it’s sweet,” Justin didn’t miss a beat as he put his hand on Mackenzie’s thigh.


“Only one way to find out,” she smiled as she removed his hand then pointed at him. “Behave.” Justin gave a mock pout as Mackenzie couldn’t help but laugh. “Thanks for the ride, Curly,” she rubbed his shaved head and got out of the car.


Justin watched her walk away, his mind racing with the possibilities of how he was going to unwind from his performance high each night.


**********************


“Thanks for letting me crash,” Mackenzie huffed as she hauled her large duffel bag onto the bus. 


“You’re lucky we wanted to stop and see Joshua Tree at night,” JC smiled as he took Mackenzie’s bag. “Besides, wouldn’t dream of leaving you stranded in the desert.”


“What happened?” Chris got up from his bunk, looking like he had already got some sleep for the night.


“Whole cabin started filling with smoke. I think the engine caught fire somehow. Nothing besides the bus damaged but that means you’re stuck with me for a few days.”


“Pity us,” Justin rolled up from the back, his eyes pink and half lidded.


“Jesus,” Mackenzie choked and waved her hand in front of her face. “You smell like a frat dorm.”


“Is that a good thing?” Justin half giggled.


“Sorry, we weren’t exactly expecting company,” JC gave a small laugh as well.


“God, not you too,” Mackenzie rolled her eyes, turning to Chris for some help.


“Why else do you think we wanted to stop at Joshua Tree?” Chris shrugged.


“Fucking children,” Mackenzie huffed more than she actually meant. “You’re like two weeks into this tour. You’re never gonna make it.”


“Come back. Relax. Unwind,” Justin smirked, his arms making a grandiose gesture towards the back of the bus. “We have off tomorrow so a good night to…indulge.”


Mackenzie just chuckled as she was too tired and stressed to put up a fight as she headed back. “Is there porn on too or just the hot box tonight?”


“Just the hot box, for now,” Justin grinned as he felt the bus lurch forward. He sat in his usual spot by the tv and grabbed his bowl. “Want some? I can pack a fresh one.”


“Not much of a smoker, thanks. A beer would be great though,” Mackenzie settled on the couch.


“I got you,” Chris turned and went back out to retrieve her one.


“Justin, if she doesn’t smoke, put it away. We’re good for the night,” JC told him.


“No, it’s fine,” Mackenzie reassured him. “Trust me, contact high is enough; just not my primary indulgence.”


“And what’s that?” Justin looked up.


“Wouldn’t you like to know,” she smirked as she turned and accepted the open beer from Chris, took a swig and leaned against JC. 


Justin looked at the two curiously as JC languidly threw his arm around her. There was a casualness to them he didn’t remember and he wasn’t quite sure Mackenzie wasn’t doing it on purpose.


“Yo, earth to Justin!” Chris’s voice suddenly burst through to Justin’s ears. “Put the movie back on.”


“Oh, yeah, right,” Justin fumbled with the remote and resumed their viewing of Rollerball. 


A little less than an hour later, the credits rolled as Justin turned back to find Chris and JC sound asleep. “That movie was terrible,” Mackenzie gave a tired smile.


“Blame Chris, he picked it,” Justin shrugged and turned around to the small table behind him, pulling out a baggy of weed.


“Justin, it’s,” Mackenzie looked at her watch, “2:30 in the morning. You don’t need another bowl.” Justin shot her an angry look. “Roll a joint at least if you need to smoke. We’re gonna be at the hotel soon enough.”


Justin grumbled but had to inwardly admit she was right as he grabbed his pack of rolling papers. Mackenzie watched him meticulously distribute the product, his fingers delicately but expertly rolling the joint as his tongue provided a few long flat licks to seal everything together. “Impressive,” she noted as he lit it, trying not to let him see his actions had turned her on a bit.


“What’s going on with you two?” Justin pointed towards her and JC.


“This is how we used to sit,” she said nonchalantly.


“Not like that,” Justin blew out some smoke. “Next to each other but not, like, on top of one another.”


“Jealous?” she smirked.


“Yes,” Justin said so deadpan it wiped the smile clean off Mackenzie’s face.


“Oh? I didn’t mean to…” Mackenzie suddenly didn’t know what to do. “I’m not using JC to tease you, Justin. I respect you both and I wouldn’t do that to either of you.”


“Respect,” Justin scoffed, “not something I’m real used to lately,” followed by a long drag of his joint.


“I can see that,” Mackenzie remarked as Justin quickly blew the smoke out. “This is not the guy I remember.”


“A lot changed between now and then. I mean, look at you. You are definitely not the girl I remember. Guess we all gotta grow up sometime.”


“Yes, we do,” she said pointedly. “You think getting stoned is helping? Honestly?”


“Helps me sleep, honestly,” Justin took another drag. “Takes the edge off. That and sex and performing; anything where I don’t have to think really.”


“So it’s very sex, drugs and rock & roll right now, huh?” Mackenzie gave him a slick smile.


“Guess it is,” he chuckled. “After this tour, I don’t know what happens. I’m working on some stuff, Lance is going to fucking space, Joey’s apparently in talks to be in a Broadway show. This is gonna be the last tour for a while. I’m single, I’m 21, I’m taking advantage of it. I don’t see the harm.”


“The harm is you’re using it all to numb your pain. Have fun, absolutely, but don’t abuse yourself in the process,” Mackenzie cautioned him.


Justin took a long look at her. “What the hell happened while you were away from us?”


“There was a lot of drinking on the Anger Management tour, lot of drugs…hard drugs. Lot of groupies. As much as I made fun of your porn nights, those were exponentially tamer by comparison. I had to learn to adapt quickly or they were gonna fire me. I’m too good at my job to be let go cuz I couldn’t hang. Don’t get me wrong, I like to party, but the things they were doing…”


“I don’t think I want to know,” Justin looked away.


“Nothing so scandalous for me. I didn’t sleep with Eminem or anything like that, but I had to see a lot of shit and figure out what I could and couldn’t deal with. Extremely trial by fire, I wouldn’t recommend it. That’s why I didn’t go back for the second leg and luckily I had proven my skills enough to get the job on Janet’s tour. Lots of great nights there.”


“I bet there were,” Justin smiled at her. “Well, I guess here’s to the next chapter for both of us,” Justin raised his joint in the air before pulling the last bit he could out of it.


Mackenzie curled her finger as she leaned forward, Justin bending towards her to meet in the middle. She quickly grabbed him by the back of the neck and enclosed her lips over his, nearly making a suction. Justin forced himself not to smile as he quickly realized what she wanted and blew the smoke slowly from his mouth into her own.


JC stirred when he felt Mackenzie move and took a moment to remember where exactly he was. His hazy eyes found Mackenzie’s back as he saw Justin pull away from her. Had they been kissing?


“What are you guys…?” JC slurred, half from sleep and half from still being high. Mackenzie casually turned around and smiled, putting her finger over her lips to indicate he should be quiet. JC obeyed as she crawled up into his lap and ran her hand into his curls and pulled his face towards her own.


JC accepted the shotgun of smoke easily as Mackenzie breathed into him. Justin watched as JC’s hands pressed into Mackenzie’s back as he clearly enjoyed the sensation. When Mackenzie was done, she pulled back, brushing JC’s hair back and staring down at him, smiling at his happy docile state.


“Damn,” JC breathed as the smoke began to escape him. “That was fucking sexy, Mama.”


“Go back to sleep, JC. We’ll be at the hotel soon,” Mackenzie told him. Too tired and stoned to do much else, JC smiled and was back sound asleep within moments. “Damn, you men have it so lucky,” Mackenzie chuckled.


“Now that was being a damn tease,” Justin smirked.


“Ok, maybe a little,” Mackenzie turned back around. “Let’s just say I picked up a few tips on Janet’s tour as well.”


“You are dangerous now. I kind of like it,” Justin’s eyes sparkled with desire.


“Just having fun. Just like you say you want.”


“I am having fun.”


“No, you aren’t. When you wanna fuck to have fun instead of trying to escape your feelings for twenty minutes, you know where to find me.” With that, Mackenzie got up and headed to claim one of the bunks for the remainder of the night. Justin could only laugh, knowing he’d been rightfully called out but also knowing, with Mackenzie at least, it would be the actual fun he’d been searching for.

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story