Author's Chapter Notes:

Ava Reads her mother's book...... What will happen now?

I laid on the floor of my old room at home in Knoxville. Staring up at the stars that were still fixed to the ceiling of my old room since I was a kid. Trying to wrap my head around the words I had just read. They stared back at me as I read the same passage over and over again. I closed the book and let fall to the floor beside me. 

 

I tried to fight off the tears that stung my eyes. Was I really a mistake??? Had my Dad lied to me and not really wanted me at all?Was that why my cousins had raided me as their own?Was what my mother had written true? Why the hell was I even here?

 

Snapped back into reality by the knock on my door. I sat up and tried to pul myself together.IT was my 'Mom" Eliza. She loved me like no other had, and ever would. Sh always had a sixth sense about when something was wrong with me. Like a damn Bloodhound.

 

" Ava Lea?" She said, opening the door. It was like she could smell my tears. 

" Yes Mama."

' Why are you laying down here on the floor.  Crying no less? Did that Idiot Jeremy stand up my little girl again?" She asked. Then catching sight of the book that was laying beside me, she sighed. Picking up the book, she  looked at the picture on the front cover. 

" She never was much for wearing clothes on the top half." Eliza said, as she gazed at the picture of my mother on the front of the book.

WHen she got no response from me, she put the book down on my bed, and sat down  next to me on the floor. " You read the part about your Daddy, didn't you?"

I couldn't speak, I sat up and took comfort in the arms of the only mother I'd ever known. I could no more help the sobs that wracked my body than I could help my situation. 

" Why am I here?" I cried. 

" Ava Lea. You are here and you are wanted and loved. Just know that."Eliza murmured into my hair. 

" I'm not a mistake?" I asked her, wiping my eyes with the back of the Henley t shirt I was wearing .

" NO. Absolutely not , Ava. You have to know that what she wrote was a lie  You are living proof of that.  She did not have an abortion.She wrote that to get attention That was her main problem anyway. She wanted to be the center of attention all the time. Not a patent. She wasn't ready for you. Neither your mama or you daddy was ready for you at the time. That is why you came to be with Me and your Papa."

 Eliza had always had a way of knowing just what to say or do when it came to calming me down. She was truly my mom. And I loved her. 

 

" I just want to know why. Why she would write that kid of crap.It's not true ."

 

My Mom sighed, " She wanted to save face. She wants to put the screws to your daddy and watch him burn. Even though it has been 24 years now. She just had never been able to let go."

" Let go of what?" I asked her confused.

" Justin. And he let go of her a long time ago, to get you."

" I want to talk to her. " I confessed. Not really understanding the pull this woman , I had never laid eyes on except in pictures . Why she was on my mind constantly.

Eliza looked at me like I had shot her in the chest. " Now why would you want to go and do something like that?"

" Because I want to say that I have met my mother. I need to make the decision for myself weather I want her in my life or not. I want to meet my little brothers."

" You have met your little brothers." Eliza said, confused by my behavior. 

" I mean Sean and Jayden., Mom." I rolled my eyes and stood to go sit on my bed. 

" You are opening up Pandora's box Ava Lea."

" They are as much my family, as Justin and the boys are."

'That may be true, but you have no idea what you are getting yourself into with That AVA Lea."

" Is meeting the woman one time gonna hurt anything? NO>" I said, getting defensive. 

" AVA LEA TIMBERLAKE, Is that anyway to talk to your mother?"

I got bold and looked at Eliza right dead in her eyes. "I wuoldn't know. I've never met her."

My mom stood there in the middle of my bedroom, a single tear ran down her cheek She said nothing, but walked away and shut the door behind her. 

Chapter End Notes:

And so the story continues. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story