Author's Chapter Notes:

Drama!

" Houston, we have a problem." Eliza spoke into the phone.

 

" What's wrong? Is something wrong with my daughter?" Justin asked, not liking the sound in Eliza's voice. She didn't normally call like this. Something wasn't right. 

 

" She got a copy of that damn book that Brit wrote.  Now she has her head filled with full of all that bullshit that she put out there. This is the exact thing that you have been trying to protect her from her entire life, Justin. She does not get it."

" No , she doesn't. But, if she tries to meet her mother and the boys, she will sure as hell find out. I'll Talk to her. Thanks for the heads up LIza."

" Justin, I love her. I cant watch her go through what you went through with them. Please do something." Eliza pleaded with him. 

" I know. All I can do is try."

 

**********

My phone rang, as I crossed the quad to go to my car. I was gonna drive over to the law library for a study group for one of my law classes. I fished around in my bag for my phone. Which, Of course, had taken up residence in the bottom of said bag. My hand finally fund it and I pulled it out of the bag as I reached my car.  Seeing that it was a FaceTime call from Justin, put a smile on my face.

I slid the icon to the right, and smiled into the camera, " Hi Justin."

He smiled back at me on the screen, and replied, " What have I told you about calling me that?"

" To call you Dad."

" Well?" He said, waiting.

" Hey Dad." I said and a slow smile spread across his lips. " I love the sound of that from you., Ava. I know that I wasn't there a lot for you when you were younger, but I.."

 

" You did what you had to do. You were young. You made sure that I was safe and well cared, and provided for. And I have been, Dad. I have no regrets." I said to him, getting nasty about this conversation.

" Liza told me that you read your mother's book. " He said, and there it was. The reason for his call.

" I did." I confessed. 

'Is there anything that you need to know?"

I sat there in my car, in the parking lot near my dorm....And started to cry.

" Aw Honey. I didn't mean for you to cry. I knew that this was not going to go well. Shit."

" I want to know why. I want to know why she would lie in a book like that. About me. OR not having me. WHY? Millions of people have read this. And think that is the gospel."

" To get at me, Ava.She did it to get at me , and inadvertently you."

" Why? What purpose does it serve?"

' To try and hurt me again.For the things that she can't let go of. She is not stable. Never really has been. I thought I could change her, But I could't. "

" Why did she not want me, Dad?"

 Justin sat there for a moment, Then said," She did want you. That was never the problem."

Hel lowered the boom on me. My mother had wanted me. She wanted me....

" Then why have I been kept away from her for so long. Why has she not tried to see me or at least asked about me? " 

" It was the only way we could keep you away from the nut jobs she calls family."

ANger filled my entire being. I had never been angry at my father before, But, I sure as hell was now. He has said so himself, My mother had wanted me. And he had purposefully kept me away from her for my entire life. AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY .

" Ava Lea.. there is no excuse. We were really young. Neither one of us was worthy of raising you at the time. She made the decision to leave you with me.Because she knew that my family was way more stable than her's.  It was the best thing for you at the time."

Chapter End Notes:

Feedback/



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story