Author's Chapter Notes:

Gettting Juicy!!!!!!

Justin was driving down the i 20 twoard Kentwood when he finally made the call. The call that he had been dreading for years. The call to Britney. This superseaded all of his feelings. This was about their child. It was still weird to him to think of Ava as " Their" Child.This was about their child , and  maybe something she could help with for once.

 

The phone rang once, twice , and again a third time. Before going to voice mail. She never answered her calls, even with caller ID. She always screened them, as long as he had known her. When the beep sounded, he cleared his throat.

 

" Hey. It's J. I really need to talk to you. It's about Ava. Please call me back."

Not even two minutes later his phone rang. He hit the button on the steering wheel and answered the call.

" Hello?" He answered Nervously. Not knowing how to even start this conversation, let alone where it may wind up.

"J?" her familiar voice filler his truck.

" Hey Brit."

" What's going on? You said this is about Ava. Did something happen to her?" She asked, He noted the edge in her voice.

" She read your book. She had some questions and I tried to answer them to the best of my ability. But, she is angry. She wants to meet you and your boys. But she got so mad at me last night that she took off.:

 

" What do you mean , she took off. Where is she, Justin?" Britney cut him off. 

" I mean that she got mad at me, and she took off. In her car to parts unknown. But she forgot about the taacker on her phone. She is headed to Louisiana, Britney, She's going to your mom."

" What?"

" We need to get to her b fore they do."

She sat there for a moment, stunned to silence. Then breaking that silence," What can I do, Justin? She doesn't know me,I don;t know her. What if she doesn't like what she hears from me.?"

" I can guarantee you one thing, Britney. She is not liking either one of us right now.But right now we both need to be there for our daughter. She does not realize what this will do if it gets out that she exists. Especially after all the crap that you wrote for that book. Why in the hell did you let them publish that shit? When you knew that it was not true, and that she had access to it?"

" I .....I was...:" SHe fumbled with her words, as she always did when she was caught with her hand in the cookie jar. 

Anger coursed through his veins at her. But he pushed it aside for now. Their kid was the most important thing now. " Never mind. Is there anyway that you can make it down to Kentwood?"

" You ...You mean you want me around Ava?" Britney asked, taken aback by his statement. 

" It's not up to me anymore.  It;s up to her now." He said, feeling the sting of those words all the way down the highway as he kept driving. 

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry it's so short, but Needed to put it out there. As usual. Keep the feed back coming.!!!! And THANK YOU FOR READING.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story