While standing out in the hallway, out of earshot from the girls. He did something that he normally did not do. He called his father , Jamie. 

 

" Well, This is a surprise. " Jamie said into the phone. It had been at least a year since he had spoken to his eldest child.

"Dad. You need to come over to the house, NOW." Bryan said quietly into the phone.

" You know that if your mom is around that I don't go to that house. "

" You need to see this. "

"See what?"

" Britney's daughter. "

There was a dead silence on the other end o the line. After a moment, Jamie cleared his throat and said." Excuse me? Did you say Britney's daughter?"

" Yes. That's what I said."

" Are you sure?"

" There is no other person she could be."

" She could be anybody, Bryan. Tryin to get money out of your mother and her mother. "

" No. You don't get it , Dad. This is Ava. Justin and Britney's daughter. She is here and in living color in the living room."

" Are you serious now?"

" Would I have called you if I wasn't ?"

Jamie actually felt his son's words sting. " I guess that you are then. Well, do what you have to do to keep her there. I need to make some calls. "

" Calls? Calls to who?" Now regretting ever making this phone call, Bryan grilled his father. 

" The press. This is a big deal."

" NO. I don't think that Ava wants that. She just wanted to meet her family. "

" I don't care what she thinks. This is about what will affect her mother. "

" You are not in charge of that anymore. She can make those decisions for herself now. She does not need for you to do that for her. And if she wants to meet her daughter. I think that she should. Maybe then she can start to heal from all this bullshit. " Bryan said in defense of his title sister. 

" She's nuts , Bryan. It's high time that you all realized that . She does not have the facilities to make those kind of decisions for herself. "

" I will not let you do to my niece , what you did to my sister. I'm sorry I called you"

He heard foot steps in the hallway, Turning to see his mother standing there. 

" Bryan, what the hell did you just do?"

" I called Dad. "

" Why would you do that? We finally got our girl back and here in this house, and you go and call him.  I will not let him touch Ava Lee. " Lynne said, Her next words were drowned out by the doorbell ringing. 

Lynne could not believe any of this at the moment. She turned on her heel and went to answer the door. Not ready for who stood on the other side. Two Timberlakes in one day. 

Justin stood on the other side of the door. " Lynne, Please tell me my daughter is here. "

" She's here." She said as she let him into the house. Ava came into the entry way to see her father standing there. A look of relief washed over his face/ " Thank God. You scared me to death Ava Lee. "

She doubted that very seriously. She was still angry at him and her mother. " What the hell do you want? "

 

Chapter End Notes:

As always , feedback is appreciated. Enjoy.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story