Epilogue - The Book

5 years later

…pride was flung aside once and for all. A destiny was fulfilled, proving that fate was alive and kicking. Still don’t believe me? Just ask Piper and Justin – they’ll set you straight.

With a sigh, Genevieve closed the thick book and set it carefully into the bag amidst the white and gold tissue. A frown marred her features and caused creases to appear in her usually flawless brow.

“Are you still looking through that?” JC questioned as he came up behind his wife and put his arms around her bulging waist.

“I’m just so afraid they’re not going to like it or that they’ll be mad at me for doing something like this,” Genevieve confessed, leaning back into his arms in the process.

“Sweetheart, they’re going to love it,” JC responded, smiling at his wife’s over-emotional state, “It’s the most unique gift for a wedding, that’s for sure.”

“Is that a good thing?” Genevieve asked, her worry flaring up again. JC wanted desperately to groan, but he made sure to refrain from doing so, not wanting to spend a night on the couch.

“It’s a very good thing. You remember our wedding? I’ll never forget how many sets of dishes we received,” JC reminded her, grinning as the memory crossed his mind.

“Tell me about it,” Genevieve agreed, her spirits suddenly lifting as she grinned, “I’m pretty sure we’ve got at least a set for each month.” JC laughed.

“There, you see? You’re just worrying too much,” he said as the two stepped apart, “Now come on, we said we were just stopping by to check on the baby before the reception.”

“Alright, let me check in on Chloe and then we can go,” Genevieve agreed as they left their enormous bedroom, “I’ll meet you downstairs in five.”

“Sure sweetie,” JC agreed as he placed a kiss on her forehead and headed down the stairs.

Genevieve quietly opened the door to her daughter’s room and peeked in. She smiled when she noticed the two-year old, fast asleep in her crib, her grandmother gently rocking back and forth a few feet away.

“Back already dear?” Laura Micelli questioned the moment she noticed her daughter in the doorway, “Why, I must have fallen asleep without even realizing it.”

“We just stopped by to grab the present,” Genevieve supplied as she placed a soft kiss on her daughter Chloe’s forehead and then approached her mother, “You know Josh, wanted to make sure his baby was okay and that she wasn’t misbehaving too badly.”

“Well, for being a two-year old, she’s been pretty good,” Laura stated, rolling her eyes, “Genny, you worry way too much to be healthy, especially in your state.”

“Mom,” Genevieve whined, not really in the mood for another pregnant-women-need-to-take-it-easy lectures.

“Your father will be here in about half an hour to keep Chloe and I company. Really Gen, you’ve got nothing to be worried about,” Laura simply stated, easily reading the annoyed tone in her daughter’s voice.

“Alright,” Genevieve finally agreed with a sigh, “I guess I’ll see you later on tonight.”

“Have fun sweetie. And give my best to Piper and Justin,” Laura concluded as Genevieve began to walk towards the door.

“Will do mom, bye,” Genevieve responded before walking out of her daughter’s room and shutting the door.

“Ready to go?” JC asked his wife as he met her at the bottom of the stairs, the gift bag in hand.

“Yeah, let’s get out of here,” she agreed, smiling up at him.

With that said, the couple quickly left their house, hand in hand, and were soon en route to their destination.


“Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure and honor to introduce to you, for the first time ever, Mr. and Mrs. Justin Timberlake,” the announcer stated above the noise of the crowd.

Genevieve grinned and squeezed JC’s hand as she watched Justin walk through the door, one hand closely entwined with Piper’s. The two, amidst the cheering and clapping, somehow managed to make it to their table and sat down. The room immediately began to quiet down as JC quickly got to his feet.

“Attention everybody, can I have your attention please?” JC questioned above the din, “As best man, it’s my job to give the speech.”

“Yo C, we’re not stupid you know!” Chris called from his table; he received a smack in the arm from Cameron, his wife of three years.

“Nobody asked you Chris,” the younger man shot back as he rolled his eyes and raised his glass higher, “As I was saying, before I was rudely interrupted, it’s my job to give the speech…”

“How drunk do you think he is?” Piper whispered as she leaned close to her new husband.

“On a scale of one to ten? Probably eleven,” Justin snorted with a grin, “He’s had a rough time lately, what with Genevieve eight months pregnant. I swear, the woman looks like she’s going to pop any second.”

“Justin!” Piper scolded, “Don’t say that. I don’t want any babies being born at my wedding reception.”

“Hey, I was just stating my opinion. You got a problem with that woman?” he challenged as he poked her in the side. Piper rolled her eyes at his childish antics, despite the fact that he was now twenty-nine years old and a grown man.

“Ugh, you’re hopeless. Just shut-up and listen to JC’s speech like a good best friend,” Piper stated, fully enjoying her new position on Justin’s lap.

Justin squirmed uncomfortably as Piper adjusted her position and fully exposed his growing erection. This was not good. He was supposed to be listening to his best man’s speech and all he could think about was getting Piper naked and doing unmentionable things to her.

“Justin?” Piper began as she suddenly realized precisely what she was sitting on.

“Just ignore it,” he told her.

“Whatever you say Jus,” Piper replied with a role of her eyes. She didn’t want to let on how excited Justin’s hornyness was making her. Instead, she quickly turned her attention back to JC.

“Well, for starters, these two have quite a history together despite the fact that I’ve known Justin longer than Piper has,” JC began, his glass wobbling a bit, “Of course, it’s easy for me to say that not all of that time was good. No, Justin and Piper’s relationship isn’t exactly what you would call the usual sort, and I’m guessing that it won’t ever be. Not after all they’ve gone through together.”

JC took a deep breath as the world suddenly went out of focus. He could feel Genevieve’s glare on his back, which only made him more aware of the fact that he had consumed way too much alcohol in a short period of time. But he would get through this; he wasn’t going to sleep on the couch, god help him.

“Justin has been my best friend for what seems like forever. Our friendship goes all the way back to the MMC days when he was a scrawny kid who didn’t know anything about women, love and heartbreak,” JC continued as soon as he had gotten himself together, “Believe me, though, when I say that there is no better friend a man could have. He was the one who helped me through my own tough times; the one who introduced me to my beautiful wife.”

From her seat, Genevieve felt the tears well up in her eyes. JC hadn’t wanted to share his speech with her, which she hadn’t been too happy with. Now she understood why and she was downright touched that he had mentioned her.

“As for Piper, there is no better woman I could lose Justin to. When I first met her, I was utterly convinced that she was just another teenager only interested in Justin’s name and money,” JC continued, smiling, “Boy was I wrong. I don’t think I’ve ever met somebody who is so caring, so selfless, so understanding – well, besides my wife…”

That got a few good laughs as JC adjusted his stance as the alcohol slowly began to settle in his stomach. Piper still sat on Justin’s lap, both of their attention completely on what their friend was saying.

“I guess what I’m trying to say, is through the ups and downs, these two have stuck it out together,” JC concluded as he raised his glass towards Justin and Piper, “Here’s to many more years of love, devotion, and a wonderful relationship. To Justin and Piper – congratulations you two.”

A round of applause shook the room as the toast was completed and everybody drank to the newlyweds. A few moments later, the couple stood up and made their way to the dance floor for their first dance as husband and wife.

“I’ve got a surprise for you,” Justin whispered as he led Piper by the hand.

“What?” was all Piper could get out before the music began.

The familiar melody made her smile, but her mouth dropped open when Joshua Kadison began to sing ‘Beautiful In Your Eyes’ just for the two of them. The two of them shared a passion for his music, but never had Piper imagined that Justin would go to such lengths as to get the man himself to come and sing at their wedding.

“I love you Piper,” Justin quietly stated as he pulled her close and wrapped one arm about her waist and the other behind her head, “You are everything to me.”

“I love you too Jus,” the young woman replied as she snuggled up against him, her head resting on his chest, her hands clasped behind his neck.

The two swayed back and forth together, oblivious to the many eyes watching them and the whispered conversations going on at the same time. Joshua Kadison’s soothing voice swept over them as they danced, creating a magical fairyland only they were privy to.

You're my peace of mind
In this crazy world.
You're everything I've tried to find
Your love is a pearl.
You're my Mona Lisa
You're my rainbow skies,
And my only prayer is that you realize
You'll always be beautiful in my eyes.

The world will turn
And the seasons will change,
And all the lessons we will learn
Will be beautiful and strange.
We'll have our fill of tears
Our share of sighs.
My only prayer is that you realize
you'll always be beautiful in my eyes.

You will always be beautiful in my eyes.
And the passing years will show
That you will always grow
Ever more beautiful in my eyes.

When there are lines upon my face
From a lifetime of smiles,
And when the time comes
To embrace for one long last while,
We can laugh about how time really flies.
We won't say goodbye 'cause true love never dies.
You'll always be beautiful in my eyes.

You will always be beautiful in my eyes.
And the passing years will show
That you will always grow
Ever more beautiful in my eyes.

The passing years will show
That you will always grow
Ever more beautiful in my eyes.


Four hours later – Aruba

“Piper, have you seen my toothbrush?” Justin questioned as he began to search through his luggage, clad only in a pair of boxers and a white beater.

Across the room, Piper sat on the enormous bed of their honeymoon suite, her unpacking already finished. She glanced over at her husband, who sat on the floor, a puzzled look on his face as he continued to dig through his belongings. With a little laugh, she quickly got up off the bed and tackled him to the ground.

“H..hey!” Justin cried, surprised when he felt the small body of his wife pinning him to the rug.

“Why don’t you finish unpacking tomorrow?” she questioned as she straddled his waist and pinned his arms above his head.

“Mmm, I say that’s a wonderful idea,” Justin lazily agreed as he flipped them over and cradled Piper to his chest. The two shared a passionate kiss before Justin pulled his wife into his arms and began to walk towards the bed.

Night quickly crept into the room, bathing the loving pair in ethereal moonlight. They, however, were oblivious to everything but each other.

Across the room, on a table, sat a thick book; the wedding present from JC and Genevieve, that they had received a few hours earlier. A soft stir of the wind shuffled the pages a bit before dying down once again.

“It’s actually quite funny how fate can intervene so drastically in a person’s life. No? Don’t believe in fate? Well call it destiny, karma, coincidence, chance, whatever suits your fancy, but it’s there…”

Chapter End Notes:
Featured song: "Beautiful In My Eyes" - Joshua Kadison

Completed
ComplicateMe is the author of 8 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 13 members. Members who liked Snapshot also liked 260 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story