I feel like every time I take a few steps forward with my one-sided relationship with Justin, something comes along that pulls me a few steps back. This time that something goes by the name Jessica.

The good news:

Between flying around Europe for Shrek promos, I convinced Justin to teach me how to golf. Now, normally when a girl has her eye on a guy she pretends to have no clue what she’s doing just to make up an excuse to be close to the guy. I didn’t have to pretend. I couldn’t even hold the damn golf club correctly.

So Justin positioned himself behind me and enveloped me in his arms, putting his hands on top of mine on the golf club to show me how it’s done. Having Justin Timberlake pressed up against you from behind is very nice. :nods

We didn’t get very far because I could tell Justin was exhausted and because … surprise! … here comes the bad news:

Justin announced that Jessica is flying in to spend some time with him.

“Haven’t heard from her in a while,” I said as casually as I could manage.

Justin shrugged. “You know I’ve been busy.”

Don’t get me wrong. It’s not that I dislike Jessica. It’s just that, well, ever since the whole her kissing Justin thing back towards the beginning of the European leg of the tour, she’s been the one thing (besides my complete lack of guts) preventing me from getting to Justin.

Luckily, I had a plan. I decided it would be best if I just got everything out in the open with her. So when we had a moment alone, I sat her down for a “girl talk.”

“So,” I said.

“So,” she said.

I sighed. “I guess I should just be blunt with you. What’s going on with you and Justin?”

She shrugged just like Justin had. “Nothing; we’re friends.”

“Friends … with benefits?”

She laughed. “No! Just friends.”

“But I saw you guys kissing and …”

“It was a mistake.”

“What?”

“We both realized afterwards that it was a mistake.”

I eyed her warily.

“Why? Would you be jealous if there was something more between us?”

I guess if I could be blunt, then should could too. I didn’t say anything in response, but I felt my face heat up. Suddenly she stopped laughing.

“Oh.” We both sat in an awkward silence for a moment. “Is there something you want to talk about?”

I opened my mouth to say, “no” but instead I found myself pouring my heart out to her. I told her everything “ how I was in love with Justin and desperate to let him know and terrified all at the same time.

“That’s so sweet,” she said once I was done talking. I rolled my eyes and buried my face in my hands. Then she said the three magic words. “I’ll help you.”

“W-what?”

“I’ll help you. You’re pretty cool and I’m sure Justin likes you “ he just doesn’t know it. Yet.”

And thus, an unlikely alliance was formed.

Comments:

SexualCoco

(06/19/07 5:48 PM)

Wow...she said she'd help you? I'm glad you got your feelings out, but I just hope that she doesn't have any ulterior motives that can ruin your chances. I hope everything works out for the best, keep me posted!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story