Story Notes:
Installment 3:
Author's Chapter Notes:
Glad I got this next part up. I hope you all like it. It's the third installment to the series. There's two more to go. :-D. Enjoy.

 

 

3. Blood Secrets: Dark Dreams


It's drilling into my consciousness
Threatening to kill
It's pushing at my sanity
Causing me to shrill
It's eating at my insides
An unbearable pain I feel
It's taunting my emotions
Unable to mend or heal
My fear...it finds me in my dreams.

 

Shooting up in cold sweat, I inhale sharply. For some reason, the air doesn't fill my lungs fast enough. Gazing around the pitch dark room, I take in my surroundings realizing I'm in my bed. Sighing a bit, I realize it was only a dream. Shit, but it was a fucked up dream. It's the same dream that's been haunting me for almost two weeks now. In fact, I haven't slept much in the past few days.

My body has been going crazy on me. I can't concentrate most of the time. I'm not fully digging this undead thing. It feels weird not having a full blown heartbeat yet. I'm still breathing even though it's a bit different. It's odd really, especially since the way to kill a vampire is a stake through the heart.

My cravings have intensified to the point where I'm almost like an animal after its prey. Justin has brought me out a few times in the night to claim his victims but I still feel awful. And I've refused to kill anyone just to feed. I don't really condone the whole cold blooded murder thing even if it's essential now for me to survive. So, I've been feeding off Justin.

He kind of understands it, although he's told me my conscience is a human trait that would soon diminish with time. But until then, he respected my wishes. I guess it's kind of weird but, Justin and I have spent almost every moment together since the night we made love. I don't know what it is about him, but every time he's around me I'm on edge. Maybe it's always the intensity of the situations we're in.

I've decided to drop out of University since well, my life isn't exactly the same anymore. And to think I was studying to be a doctor...oh the irony. It was hard for me to even survive since my dad could only afford tuition. He doesn't know I've made that decision since I haven't spoken to him but what am I supposed to say? ‘Hey dad I'm dropping out of school because Justin Timberlake, who's my soul mate, turned me into a vampire and now I can't walk in daylight?' He'd freak out and try sending me to the loony house for sure. Or maybe not, since Justin mentioned he knew about vampires or whatever. This makes me intrigued in finding out just what my dad knows.

I've become increasingly sensitive to the sun and I don't go out in daylight anymore. I've finally lost my reflection which is a bitch when I need to get primped and ready. However, I don't think I could handle seeing the monster I've become. The monster I know Justin is deep down inside. He's only ever considerate or gentle with me.

I've seen the blaze of fury and fire of hell in his eyes when he's going to kill. It's so intense that most times I turn away. The first time I saw him sink his teeth into a poor unsuspecting victim, I contorted in disgust nearly throwing up at the site.

Damn, I really hope we can kill this Vampira person so I can turn back to normal. I honestly don't want to be a vampire forever. I certainly don't want to be damned to hell, because that's for eternity.

 


Still calming my nerves, I walk into the bathroom and grab a glass of water. I really don't know why I bother. I can't hold anything down except blood. Everything else tastes disgusting to me. But it's a habit. Looking up at the mirror, I stare back at nothing. I'm use to it now, even though not being able to see yourself from another perspective can be irritating.

Placing my hands under the running water, I dash my face lightly as I think for a moment. With no source of income, I won't be able to make payments on my apartment house. I hadn't even thought about that. I could have gone back to my job at the store, but Justin insisted I didn't for what ever reason unknown to me. He told me I wouldn't be staying here much longer and that I'll come to live with him soon, but I have no idea where he calls home, so I'll have to wait and see.

I realize he cares. And I care too. I mean, I love him. But he's so mysterious. And it seems like he's keeping stuff from me. He doesn't explain anything to me he just acts on shit. It's a bit frustrating but I trust him. I know he'll give me more answers when the time is right.

He also mentioned something about teaching me how to use my powers. Whatever that means...because I haven't felt any difference physically in terms of that. He's ensured me it's there but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Taking a sip of the water, I gag and place the glass back down ignoring it completely. "That's horrible." I mumble, making my way back into the room to try and get some more sleep.

Fixing myself under the covers, I relax into my pillow a bit, trying to calm my nerves. I really don't understand those dreams. They are so vivid. I wish I knew what they meant...

 


My thoughts are interrupted when I hear a very low, smooth voice echo off the walls of my room.

"You look terrible." He says, causing me to seat up, scanning the dark room for him.

"Justin?" I call out, not quite finding him in the darkness.

"Yeah." He replies, coming into sight as I see his tall dark figure standing next to my window. The moonlight filtering in, bounces off his form giving his pale skin a porcelain glow.

Frowning a bit, I study his stature. He's leaning against the window frame, hands in pocket, drinking me in with his eyes. Even through the darkness I can see his piercing blue eyes. "How long have you been here?" I ask curiously. I don't even want to know how he got in here or how he does anything for that matter. I can live with not knowing.

"Long enough to know you were having that dream again." He adds before coming over to me and taking a seat at the foot of the bed. He keeps his eyes locked unto mine for a minute. There's a brief silence between us.

Damn, he looks so good tonight. I could just eat him up. Since I've bugged him about always wearing black he's switched up his wardrobe a bit. But he didn't do it without defending himself, explaining that black kept him ‘hidden in the shadows' as he liked to put it. In other words it was his camouflage to blend in with the night, but I didn't buy it. The whole thing was clichéd anyway. He's wearing a blue long sleeved shirt now and some dark jeans. His short, golden brown curls are tamed on his head and I notice the arch of his eyebrows as he studies me. He actually looks...almost...normal.

"Why won't you tell me what the dream is about? I can't read your mind and make sense of what you're dreaming when it's full of all these abstract thoughts and images." He finally inquires when he notices I haven't said anything else. Hell, I'm too caught up with the sight of him now. I can feel the strong attraction we have towards each other. It's unwavering and engulfs all my senses.

"I would tell you if when I woke up I remembered what it was. It's just so hazy." I admit, moving over to him.

He nods in response. "Ok, but whenever and whatever you do remember you need to tell me."

Pausing briefly in movement I ask, "Why?"

"Just tell me when you remember ok?" Is the only reply I receive from him. Shrugging it off I say ok, and instantly straddle his waist.

Smiling at me a bit, he wraps his cold arms around my waist. "I think someone has a few dirty thoughts right now." He muses, licking his lips seductively as he continues to examine me with his eyes.

Grinning evilly, I instantly crash my lips down on his. I feel his grip tighten around my waist as he pulls me into his chest on the bed. Groaning profoundly, he snakes his tongue into my depths, both of us lost in the intensity of the kiss.

Finally breaking the lip lock, I attempt to remove his shirt, but his hands grip mine stopping me. "What's wrong?" I ask, wanting so badly to take him right then and there. But, he doesn't answer.

"I've missed you." I coo, moving forward to kiss the side of his neck delicately. Snaking out my tongue, I lick at his exposed flesh instantly feeling the heat radiating through my body. I hear him suck in a breath, still keeping his tight grip on my hands.

Smirking, I begin grinding my lower half into him, knowing it's probably driving him insane right now. He's really good at self-control though.

"Hailey..." He chokes out, engrossed with what I'm doing to him.

"Hmmm?" I hum, still tracing patterns on his neck with my tongue. Suddenly, I take in a sharp breath, smelling the sent of his blood. As if on cue, I feel my fangs slowly descend from my upper jaw involuntarily.

"Fuck!" I hiss, pulling away from him as I grip my jaw painfully.

Opening his eyes to glare at me he just sits there with an inquisitive stare. Typical Justin.

Standing abruptly, I slide my tongue over my fangs, underestimating how sharp they are. I feel a light trickle of blood and suck on my teeth a bit agitated. "I'm never going get use to those fucking things." I hiss.

Getting off the bed to face me I see a comical glimmer in his eyes. "You were going to bite me?" he asks as I see a small smile twitching at the corner of his mouth.

"No." I reply defensively crossing my arms over my chest.

"But you wanted too." He states, now fully smiling. "It's ok you know Hailey, I don't mind. Besides, I've never let you feed of my main neck artery before." I crinkle my nose a bit. I'm still not use to this whole thing. Chuckling, he pulls me towards him. "Do you want to?" He enquires.

Shaking my head no vigorously, I move away.

"Ok then, that's fine. But you'll be hungry soon. And you can't feed off me alone forever. My blood isn't the same as fresh human blood. You're going to have to kill eventually." He replies knowingly.

"Ugh...I'll put it off for as long as possible." I respond sternly.

"Suit yourself. Get dressed then." He demands.

"What? Where are we going? I don't want to come with you if you're going to kill again." I retort.

"It's ok. We're not. I did that already. I'm not hungry or anything. But I know you'll be soon." He replies nonchalantly. I swear Justin has no heart or remorse. It just doesn't faze him that killing, no matter what reason is still wrong. I don't even know if I have the guts to go through with this whole killing Vampira bit.

"Then where are we going?"

"You'll see. Now go put something on other than your bunny pajamas." He chortles, causing me to blush in the process. "I can't believe you're a vampire. What vampire wears bunny pajamas?" He laughs a bit harder, scanning my outfit. "Aw, you're blushing it's cute." He coos, passing his hands through my curly hair.

Pouting, I stick my tongue out at him. "Whatever. I like them." And with that, I leave him alone still chuckling.

Heading over to my wardrobe, I take out a pair of jeans and a shirt to wear so I could get ready for wherever it is he plans on taking me tonight. If there's one thing about Justin I like, it's his spontaneity. It keeps you on edge, not knowing what's coming next or what to expect.


*****


So.....not that I'm complaining or anything, but one, it took us a hell of a long time to get here, maybe over an hour. And two, I don't see what the big deal is. Oh, and did I mention Justin drove us here? Vampires drive? I'm confused. Don't they fly and levitate and teleport or something? When I asked him he just laughed. He said we could have flown but I'd be too freaked out since he'd have to basically carry me the whole way. Apparently I can't fly yet or do the ‘crazy matrix shit' I know they are capable of because of their incredible flexibility and agility.

I asked how would he know I didn't want to fly and he retorted with a ‘you're scared shitless of flying on planes, much less for this.' Then he had to add the ‘I read your mind' part. Damn it was true too. But, oh well.

We're standing on a secluded beach now. I mean, seriously, this is California. It's crawling with beaches. There is a peaceful tranquility to the place though. I can hear the roar of the ocean as I see the waves crash delicately unto the shore. Gazing up at the sky, the moon is bright tonight, as its light and reflection bounce of the surface of the sea painting the water with its radiant glow.

"It's beautiful" I breathe out in awe. "But, why are we here?" I finally ask, noticing Justin's muteness as he takes in the breathtaking scenery.

Turning to look at me, his eyes are as black as night. "Because." He responds lightly. "This is home." He replies and I frown.

"Home? There's not a soul or single sign of human life. This beach is secluded or maybe deserted." We did have to walk a dirt path to get here. I'm not sure many people know about this place.

"I know." He sighs contently. "It's perfect."

I swear he's so weird to me. But I love him. What can I say?

"Come on." He grips by hands and we begin making our way down the beach. Stopping slightly, I hop on one leg, taking off my sandals, and then do the same for the other side, feeling the grains of sand slip through my toes.

 


Continuing our little journey I finally notice what appears to be a beach house off in the distance. Well I'll give him one thing. This is a damned good getaway spot. That's for sure.

"You live there don't you?" I ask knowingly.

"Uh huh."

"Wow, this is insane." I giggle.

"Tell me about it." He laughs.

"How long have you been living there?" I'm intrigued in knowing just how long he's known about my location.

"Since I found you." He responds emotionlessly.

"I'm looking for a time frame here."

Slowing down his pace, he cocks his head to the side to stare at me. His eyes are still dark. Why won't those misty blues come back? What's wrong with him?

"Nothing's wrong with me." He shakes his head with a large grin.

"I hate it when you do that...my thoughts are private you know." I smile.

"I know. And to answer your question, I've been living here for about two years now."

He doesn't miss the stunned expression plastered on my face, because he yanks my arm and pulls me so we can continue heading towards his house.

"So you've been spying on me all this time?" I ask incredulously.

"Not spying. Watching over...protecting. Kind of like a guardian angel." His tone is flat as he picks up the pace, his gaze never once landing on me.

"Bullshit Justin! You're no angel." I spit angrily.

"No shit." He mocks.

"Damn it. I want answers. Tell me something! Why did you wait this long to make your presence known?" I ask curiously yanking my arm out of his grasp.

I hold my breath when I see his eyes flash between black and red. What the fuck was that?! Holy shit! He shoots me one of his unnerving glares then continues walking. I catch up to him, as we finally make it to the house.

"Because I decided to wait for the night I had to change you. I told you this. Would you have preferred I came to you before? If I recall you didn't handle the news well." He spits furiously.

Note to self...try not to piss him off so much. "Ok I understand. I guess you're right." I sigh in defeat. "I'm sorry Justin." I apologize, not knowing why really. All I asked was a question because I wanted answers.

"It's ok. Come on let's get in and then we can talk ok? I know you have a ton of questions for me." He smiles, clasping my hands in his own as we make our way up the side stairs. The place is completely pitch dark. But what did I expect? He's a vampire after all. He hates light period.

 

*****

 

Finally entering his humble abode, he turns on a few lights, all of them yellow. I glance around at my new surroundings gasping in awe. The place is amazingly beautiful and spacious. It looks like something out of the 18th century. The cabinets, tables, and other furniture are all of purely crafted mahogany. There's a chandelier hanging above the living room giving off its yellow glow. There's also a dark and distinctive ebony dining room set. Still gazing around, I notice the indigo tinted wood adorning the design of his plush antique sofas. I could smell lavender in the air as I relished in the sight in front of me. All the curtains were a mixture of different red, white and black patterns. Not surprising if you ask me. Damn, how much did he pay for this place? It was something straight out of a fairy tale.

"Do you want to see the kitchen?" He whispers in my ear, his breath tickling the side of my neck.

"Kitchen?" I ask incredulously finally locking eyes with him. My beautiful misty blues are back. I'm happy about that. "What do you possibly cook? Some sort of blood concocted soup?" I joke and he actually laughs at my joke. That's a first.

"It kind of came with the place." He beams proudly, and leads me into the kitchen, turning on the light which unsurprisingly is yellow as well. Well, I know if it were the white florescent lights that give off white light, they'd burn, so I'm assuming he knew that already. I gawk at the spacious room. It's just as beautiful, with dark marbled tiles and countertops alike.

"This place is amazing Justin." I compliment.

"Thanks. It's yours too you know." He winks at me.

"This is so surreal" I reply dazed. "Wait a minute, do you mean I'm not going back home? But what about all my stuff?" I ask when realization hits me.

"You don't need it. And you have a full wardrobe of clothes in the room. Follow me." He instructs and I shrug obeying.

 

When we round the corner, I follow Justin through a door which leads to a massive master bedroom. Frozen in place, I quickly dart my eyes over the king size bed, velvet rug, stoned fireplace and stereo system. Everything has a black and white color scheme.

"What is with you and black really?" I speak up, when he disappears into a walk-in wardrobe.

Finally coming out he hands me some kind of piece of cloth and I glare at him oddly. "I like black. What's wrong with that?" He removes his long sleeved blue shirt, remaining in just a black wife beater and I groan with annoyance at his color obsession, or lack there off, and the sight of his toned muscles contracting.

"Put that on Hailey." He breaks through my guilty pleasures as I can't help but picture him nude.

"What?" I respond.

"What I gave you."

Glancing down at the object in my hands I lift it up to the light, examining it. "This is a red piece of see-through silk cloth." I smirk.

"What's your point? Put it on, and come lie down with me. I'm tired." He simply states, walking into the bathroom leaving me alone.

"Uh...ok then." I hesitantly remove all my articles of clothing except my maroon bra and panty set, and slip into the rather revealing nightgown. He's such a pervert I swear. But I'm not embarrassed. I mean it's just Justin right? It's not like he hasn't seen me naked before anyway.

When he returns from the bathroom I notice his boxers are black as well....he's dressed all in black again. The fucking hell man! "Geez!" I yell irritated as I raise my hands in the air.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He retorts arching a brow, but can't keep in his laughs since he knows exactly why I'm frustrated.

"You're doing this on purpose" I smile.

"I honestly don't understand you. You're obsessed by my obsession with the color black. It's amazing." He ruffles his curls as I notice his eyes slowly traveling up and down my figure. Placing my hands on my hips in attitude he finally looks into my brown orbs giving me a loving smile.

"Come here girl. Damn, you're beautiful." He growls, sensually slicking his tongue over his fangs. I feel my body moving towards him and my toes are the only things sliding across the bedroom floor. I'm amazed at how powerful he is. He's like some mini god or something.

 


Lifting me easily into his arms, he places me to lie down under the comforters, and then he climbs in next to me. Pulling me into his embrace, I relax against his chest, feeling a sense of rapture empower me. He's lazily stroking my curls as he stares up at the ceiling. He's thinking about something...hmm I wonder what it is.

"Don't vampires sleep in coffins?" I ask abruptly.

"Don't start." He chortles. "And no, not anymore. Not in this modern day and age."

"Oh..." I remain quiet again, leaving him to his thoughts. He's just always so reserved most times.

"Go ahead and ask." I hear him say in a raspy voice.

"Ask what?" My head moves up to look at him.

"Everything you want to know." He gazes down at me briefly, and then diverts his gaze to the ceiling again.

Taking in a shaky breath, I think about my situation, trying to make sense of everything.

"Tell me about myself, my family, my mother. I know there's more to this story." I state.

Tensing, he shifts uncomfortably under me. "Ok, well to put it simply, you come from a long line of vampire slayers."

"WHAT?!" I shoot up instantly. I wasn't prepared to hear that.

"Would you calm the fuck down? I really don't want to deal with Mark right now if he hears I'm home." Justin bellows.

"Mark?" what the fuck? I lie back down anyway.

"He's somewhere on this beach, maybe in one of the sea caves. I don't care what he's doing, as long as he doesn't come here to bother me." Justin's voice is low again, as he loosens his muscles.

"Why is he here? Why didn't you just kill him?" I ask curiously.

"Because I needed a servant, slave, laky...call it what you will. But I needed him to hunt for me since I was so preoccupied with you. I also need him to guard this place and be my lookout if anyone or other vampires should wonder around here. There are some who know I'm here, although none have been able to find me just yet. It's a little trick I like to call the vanishing or disappearing act." Justin snakes his hands down my side and I nod in understanding.

"Ok, anyway, continue with your story." I probe.

"Like I was saying, you're from a long line of vampire slayers. Look Hailey, this battle between man and beast has been going on for centuries. Your family has been trying to kill Vampira for ages, none of them quite succeeding. It's rumored that she was the very first vampire to walk this earth. I don't know how old that makes her, but she's been alive for centuries. And I also don't know how it all started or how, if the tale is true, she came to be. All I know is, part of the legend, indicates that our blood lines were going to mix, where a vampire would combine with a slayer, creating the ultimate bond of magical powers and all that bullshit. I never believed it at first, until I started having these very lucid, vivid dreams of you. It wasn't long after they started, that I sought out your family from back in that time."

"I won't lie, they tried to slay me at first, but when I explained my dreams and everything I saw, they were beyond shocked that I was divulging every detail of the old tale, legend...whatever...to them. The man I spoke to, his name was Theodore Foxworth."

"That's my surname." I say pathetically too engrossed with the story to really care anyway.

"Yeah it is. Anyway, he's actually an ancestor of your father. They were originally from Rome, but over the years, families migrated and blood lines mixed."

"Amazing." I mumble although I always knew my dad mentioned family from Europe. I had a grandmother living in England once, but she died some years ago.

"Yes, so basically, this was all prophesized or whatever mumbo jumbo. Killing Violet, since she was the first, will wipe out the entire species existence of vampires." Justin blabs, not really interested. "Your family told me about you. They knew about us even before any of us were born. It was fate. It was meant to happen. All because of Violet and her bullshit. Basically, we're the only ones who are strong enough to kill her and put an end to this entire vampire species." Justin twitches as he sucks in a breath.

"What's wrong?" I giggle.

"Well think about it Hailey. If we fail, we die. If we don't fail, we turn human and eventually die. I'm starting to see a lose, lose situation here."

"Aww don't say that. You'll have a chance to redeem yourself and be saved so you can grab an opportunity at walking through the pearly white gates." I smile at him, leaning forward to place a light kiss on his lips. "I have faith that we can do this. We can kill her. I know we can." But that doesn't stop me from grimacing at the idea.

"Oh I have no doubt we can, but if she succeeds in killing just one of us, we both die. This means that I can only save you by staying alive and vice versa. You know, we'll need to work together? We'll begin your training tomorrow." He adds.

 


"Ok." I think for a second then call Justin's name.

"Justin?"

"Shoot." He already knows my curiosity is getting the best of me.

"Why didn't my dad tell me if he knew? And, what happened to my mother?" I asked curiously.

"Well for one, your dad already knows you've changed. You've had family looking over you that you never met. It wasn't your time to meet them. Not until you changed and can explain that dream to me you've been having. I can't quite seem to lock into it for some reason. And Vampira killed your mother in hopes that she could kill you to stop this from happening, but your mom was a fighter and protected you to the bitter end. The rest of your relatives were too late to save her in the hospital, but they did manage to scare of Violet, and take you away, hiding your identity from her. Don't ask me how they did it. They still won't tell me." He chuckles.

"Hold up. You've met them? My dad? All of them? And what is it with this dream thing? It's annoying." I whine, stunned beyond belief by now. It all makes some sick twisted sense now.

"I've met your family of protectors yeah. You know, your vampire slaying family. I'm the only vampire they like. Go figure." He muses.

"I wonder why." I joke heartedly.

"Your dad didn't like me at first, but he accepted it was your fate a long time ago. I know the pain of the loss of his wife still plagues him, so I'm sure he wants nothing more than to seek out his revenge through us. Ask for the dream thing, it unlocks the secrets on how we can get rid of Violet." Justin explains further.

"What? Why am I the one to have them? Why can't you?" I ask incredulously. If I remember correctly, those damn dreams have been more like nightmares.

"I'm only one half Hailey. I see some of what's to come, and what's happened in the past, but I don't know how it turns out or ends. You see that part, since you're the slayer. Not me. You see the future better than I do. I see into the past clearer. The only future I ever saw was you." He looks down at me with desirable eyes and I take a large gulp under his stare.

"Well, I guess it all makes sense. So, when do I get to meet this mysterious family of mine?" Honestly, usually, I'd maybe freak out and tell Justin he was crazy but let's face it. We've passed that stage. All I want to do now is end this.

"When you can predict that dream, they'll come to us. Hate to say it, but the fate of human existence kind of rests in your hands." He pulls the comforter higher over our bodies, then claps his hands twice, before I notice the lights go off.

"Oh shit...you have a clapper? That's priceless." I burst into a fit of giggles as the room is now pitch black with only the moonlight seeping through the curtains. I can feel his body trembling beneath me and I know he's stifling his laugh.

"Is there anything else you want to know? I really need some sleep." He replies.

"Uh ok let me just get them out. How can you walk in sunlight? If we kill vampira and we're human again what do we do? And will all vampires turn human or will some die if she dies?"

"Fuck, you are quite the inquisitive one aren't you?" Justin laughs, placing a light kiss on my forehead. "Ok, one, I can walk through sunlight because of her. She did something to me when she changed me and I don't know what it is. So, light doesn't hurt me. Secondly, if she dies, we go on living normal lives, well as normal as possible. And thirdly, all the vampires with no souls will die if she dies."

 


He exhales deeply. "I've never talked this much at once in my life! It's very draining let me tell you. I prefer the silence." He laments and I can't help but smile.

"Thanks, I've got my information overload for the night." Making myself more comfortable in his embrace, I hum lightly, listening to the crashing waves outside the beach house.

"Damn, I'd make love you right this second if I didn't feel so beaten up." Justin admits to me suddenly.

"Why are you drained?" I inquire.

"I've been dealing with your family today. We sort of had a rough day, I'm sorry. Don't worry though. I'll make it up to you and when you meet them, everything else will be answered." I hear the assurance in his voice and I believe him so I won't pry anymore.

"I'm not mad. I'm just content being here with you right this second." I coo.

"I know. Night Hailey, get some sleep." He informs, resting his head on top of mine while inhaling the scent of my hair. "I love you." he exhales.

"I love you too Justin...always." I beam into his arms, as I close my eyes encouraging the sleep to take over.

 

*****
Dreaming...

 

She was the epitome of pure evil and disgust. Every time her name was heard, some poor soul paid with their life. The bloodshed was gruesome and nauseating for any one with a weak stomach. Even in her victims' darkest hour she was merciless. They'd beg and pled for their lives to no avail. Her eyes would darken to a red glow before she devoured every last drop of that hot, sticky liquid running through their veins. Everyone feared her because they knew who and what she was...

"Vampira..." She hears her name beckoned, whipping around with fright and delight. She's been expecting him for some time now.

"Justin, so nice to see you again. It's been centuries." She laughs evilly, approaching him, but stops when she sees he's not alone. Fear overtakes her form, but she doesn't show it. "Who is this?!" She growls, zooming towards them in a puff of black smoke.

Justin moves back from her, gripping Hailey's hand tightly. "This is Hailey, Violet...my other half." He chides, and she hisses at him, her fangs now descending.

"You brought her here with you? You are so stupid Justin. What, you all think your little prophecy is going to come true? You can't kill me. No one can kill me." Vampira huffs and turns around.

"But we can!" Hailey interjects, startling both Justin and Violet.

"Hailey don't provoke her...your family isn't here yet." Justin whispers, but she shrugs him off.

Violet walks up to her with a maniacal grin. "I should have killed you when I had the chance all those years ago. Your mother was a nuisance too. Your whole family deserves to die because you took Justin away from me." She hisses with fury.

Hailey removes her hands from Justin's grasp and walks towards Violet. Justin tries to stop her, but she telepathically tells him to stay put. He's a bit nervous, because he doesn't want a fight to begin without the other slayers. Darting his gaze around the large castle, he hears the roar of the waves, stories below. It's an eerie cold night. The night that will decide their fate.

"I know how to kill you Vampira." Hailey quips, building courage she never knew.

"No one knows how to kill me you little..."

"Stop this bickering." Justin snarls, his eyes as black as night, now flashing a red glow.

"I don't have to stand here and deal with this. My servants will take care of you two." Vampira suddenly lunges forwards towards Hailey, but Justin instantly raises his hands sending an invisible force field in her direction. She goes sailing into a nearby wall, hitting her head and falls to the floor.

Hailey, who's now terrified, looks over at Justin. In her mind she tells him an ‘I'm sorry' and he nods in understanding.

"Don't try to touch her Violet." His voice booms off the walls of the castle, as Vampira scurries to her feet instantly taking flight.

She hovers over them, taunting Justin with her glares.

"You can't kill me Justin! But I will kill you first for ever defying me and loving this slayer!" Out of no where, they see a flash of light and a stake with a hammer in Vampira's hands.

"No!" Hailey screams as she sees Justin levitate off the ground to meet Violet. In the blink of an eye, the two of them are throwing hits, punches and force fields.

In a state of panic, Hailey hears a loud commotion going on behind the doors for the largely spacious quarters. This is not how things were supposed to turn out. And for some reason she's powerless. All her training...what happened to it?

"Oh my god. My powers...I...they..."

Suddenly, she sees a bright indigo glow around Violet's neck as the two continue to struggle with the stake in Violet's hand while they float in mid air.

"Justin! No!" The minute she says that, the large wooden doors burst open as a fleet of vampires and slayers enter the room in battle.

"Justin! Her chain! Her necklace! Destroy it! It's what's giving her strength."

Turning to look at Hailey he frowns. "What?!" Clearly stunned by her revelation.

Caught off guard, he hears another loud howl from Hailey indicating for him to turn around, and when he does, Vampira lunges at him instantly piercing his heart with the stake.

A loud, blood curdling scream escapes from deep within him, as he looses strength and falls to the floor. Overcome with grief and despair, Hailey falls to her knees, doubling over in pain as she grips her chest, Justin's pain becoming her own and shooting through her heart...all she hears is Vampira's evil laugh expecting to burst into flames, but not before she notices a bright glowing blue light...


*****
Hours later....

 

 

"NO! NO! JUSTIN!" Hailey screams, tossing in her sleep.

Justin awakes with a start, shooting out of bed as he instantly takes flight, floating in mid air. "Shit!" He breathes, as he looks down unto the bed, noticing Hailey tossing and turning frantically.

Calming his nerves, he slowly descends until he's lying back on the bed next to her. Wiping at his cold sweat, he realizes she's still kicking and screaming.

"Hailey..." He shakes her, but she doesn't wake up. "Hailey damn it wake up!" He shakes her more violently, but she's still deep in sleep, sweating profusely, clutching at her chest as she gasps for air.

"Damn it! Wake the fuck up!" Justin screams, now terrified that her dream or vision might be hurting her physically.

 


"Let us do it." He hears suddenly.

Whipping his head around, unaware that anyone else was in the room, his fangs instantly pop out and his eyes turn a color of pure red. Standing from his bed, he lunges forwards, but stops mid air when the lights are turned on. Pausing, still a bit stunned, Justin cocks his head to the side, and then lands on his feet.

"You bastards scared the shit out of me." He snaps. "How the fuck did you find us? Why are you here?" He asks.

"My daughter needs me." Fox Foxworth voices to Justin.

Scanning the room of familiar faces, Justin smirks, and then shrugs, regaining his composure.

"It's her dream Justin. She's finally seeing it clearly. We need to wake her up, because I'm almost certain she's connected to Violet's sub-consciousness, and if that's the case she will cause Violet to know our location." Fox replies.

The ten other dark and mysterious people standing behind him, remain quiet as they look at Hailey on the bed, squirming.

"Fine, be my guest." Justin moves away, but after taking a quick glance of Hailey's partially naked form, he blocks Fox's path. "Uh," He stammers, staring her father straight in his eyes and smiling sheepishly.

Handing Justin a ring, he smiles knowingly. "Put it on her. It will control her dreams so she can wake up and it also controls her powers. Training is tomorrow night. We will be back to discuss everything with her as well as you." Fox pats Justin on his cold bare shoulders, as the rest of her family says bye to him without exchanging any actual words.

With the blink of an eye, they're alone again, his room once again dark.

Inhaling deeply, he looks at Hailey's now sleeping form. Knowing she needs to wake up, he examines the ring. It's a band made of white gold, with twelve small diamonds surrounding a bright blue sapphire stone.

Moving over to her, He takes her hands delicately and slips it onto her marriage finger. The moment the ring connects to her flesh, it starts to glow a bright blue. Justin stares at it mesmerized and intrigued.

Seconds later, Hailey shoots up in cold sweat, heaving for air...

 

*****

 

"Oh my god!" I gasp, darting my eyes around the room frantically. "Not again! No..." I whine, when my dream once again took over my peacefulness.

Placing a hand on my chest to ease my nerves, I turn to the side noticing Justin is just seating up on the bed looking at me with a smile on his face. "What the fuck Justin! Were you watching me sleep?" I ask curiously.

"No." He shrugs, not saying anything else. Standing from his position, he walks over to the sliding glass doors of the room, disappearing out on the porch.

Groaning, I stand to follow him, but not before something catches my attention. Lifting my hand I stare at a ring I never saw before. And it's on my marriage finger? Did I get married in my sleep? "Wow." I belt, walking out unto the porch that overlooks the beach. It's still night, but it will be daylight soon.

Finding Justin perched on the banister, staring out at the beautiful night scenery, I wrap my arms around him from behind.

"What are you thinking of?" I whisper in his ears.

Turning to face me he furrows his brows. "You shouldn't be out here dressed like this." He quickly scans me.

"No one is around." I giggle, but he just rolls his eyes at me. Wow...hold up. He just rolled his eyes at me? How rude.

"I died." He chokes out, gazing into my eyes deeply before he turns back around.

"What?" I ask, perplexed by that rather odd reply.

"In your dream. I...died...we died." He bends his head forward as I look at his back from where I'm standing.

"How do you know what I dreamt?" I ask curiously.

"I don't want to talk about it. We'll discuss this tomorrow when your family returns." He says solemnly.

"They were here? And what's this ring?" I push my hand in front of his line of sight to grasp his attention.

"Protects you." He blurts out, before fixing his posture.

Now facing me again, he pulls me into his embrace as he skims my hair and caresses my face lovingly.

"God I love you." He coos, "You're so breathtaking Hailey. I promise I won't let us die. We'll live...we have to." He seems lost and not the calm Justin I'm used to. He usually doesn't display those type of emotions, so I'm guessing whatever I dreamt has him on edge.

"I love you too Justin, but why can't I remember what I dreamt?" I ask curiously.

"I know what you dreamt now. I saw it too. And, you will remember by tomorrow." He leans down, and allows our lips to delicately touch then pulls away from me just as quickly.

 


A smile now graces his features, as I look on intently. "We're going back to bed, since you can't take the sun. But, not before you eat. I can tell your hungry, but you're not saying anything why?" His blue eyes are twinkling with mischief and I moan in displeasure.

"I just..."

"You still want to bite me don't you? I know you do. Why are you so shy and apprehensive about it?" he inquires grinning while leading us back into his room, shutting the glass doors behind him.

"I don't....I." I can' t lie to him. I want him so bad it hurts. It's a sick desperation...this thirst for blood that I have. It's also very disgusting and disturbing.

"Don't be embarrassed or ashamed Hailey. It's who you are now. Besides I said it was ok. Come here." He states seriously, pulling me back towards the bed.

"I don't want to." I whine.

"God ahead, be my guest, just stop when I tell you to..." He instructs, bending his head to the side so the skin of his smooth velvet flesh is exposed.

A bit hesitant, I just stand there glued in place.

Growling, Justin glares at me, then instantly slits his wrist with his fangs. The smell of blood shoots up my nostrils making them flare and I feel my own fangs come out.

Moving forward to him, he moves away from me and takes some of his own blood, passing it on his neck. Oh...that bastard! He's tempting me.

"Stop it!" I yell through frustration. I just want to taste him right now. How can he smear his blood over himself like it's nothing? Damn it, what is wrong with this picture? We are most certainly sick in the head...this is some hypnotic, erotic, insane, crazy shit.

"Go ahead." He probes, challenging me with his eyes.

"Why do you want me to do it?" I ask skeptically.

"Because..." He thinks for a minute then replies. "You're hungry. And if you're not going to kill, you have no other choice but to feed off me. I won't allow you to feed anywhere else except off my neck. So either that or you starve to death. You need to overcome your shyness and fears Hailey. If you're like that with me, what's going to happen to you?" He shoots.

"Ugh!" I growl. "Fine, you win!" I surrender, when I feel my lack of sustenance making me weak.

"Ok, but be gentle." He jokes, as I plunge into his embrace.

Giving him a hard, sensuous kiss on the lips, I hear him sigh with longing before I pull away from him, grinning evilly.

"I have no intention of being gentle." I blankly state, as my eyes turn black and I feel Justin grip my waist tightly sucking in his breath, when I bend my head, sinking my teeth into the tantalizing flesh of his neck...

 

 

* End of Part 3*

--------------------------------------------------

Credit for the poem goes to me. :-)

---------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you like it. Part 4 coming soon...

Completed
d_simplicity is the author of 38 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Part 3 - Blood Secrets: Dark Dreams also liked 68 other stories.
This story is part of the series, The Blood Series: A Vampire’s Love. The previous story in the series is Part 2 - Blood Roses : Love me, Love me not. The next story in the series is Part 4 - Blood Tears: Dark Desire.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story