Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading and reviewing! :)



I took a deep breath before knocking on my parent’s door. I held onto Jacob tightly in my arms and Hailey tried her best to stay still and hold in the excitement. My sister opened the door, “Oh my Gooodddd Hailey and Jacob!!!” she screamed as she bent down and they both ran to her arms. They love her so much, but they don’t get to see her too much, so I guess that makes it even better when they do see her. And it felt so good for me to see everyone too. I fell right into my father’s arms and then my mother hugged me and I felt myself begin to cry. I really need to get home more. I wiped my eyes and moved over to my sister and hugged her tightly. She’s seriously like my best friend; just being home is going to make this whole thing at least a little easier than it would if I were at some hotel somewhere.

We all moved out to the back porch and my mother brought out the sweet tea… yes I’m back in Arkansas. “So how are you doing Kimmy?”

“I guess I’m just still in shock but… as good as I can be I guess” I laughed slightly and then heard Jacob crying. I looked over to see him on the ground and I ran over to him, “Oh no baby what happened?”

“Fall down go boom” he said between sobs

“I see, are you alright?” I asked as I picked him up in my arms and brought him back to the porch, “Let me see it sweetie” I had to pull his hand away from his knee. It was a tiny scratch and he was crying like he had just lost a limb. “Are you going to be alright Jacob?” he shook his head, “No?” I laughed slightly, “Should I call 911?” He nodded his head frantically, “I think you’re going to be alright”

He shook his head again, “I needa band-aid”

“A band-aid? Let me see I think I might have just the thing” I smiled as I went through my purse and found the Sponge Bob band-aid and saw his face light up… that’s all it takes to make him happy, if only life were that easy. Maybe that’s all Justin and I need… a really big band-aid. If only they made them big enough. I placed the band-aid on his knee and then kissed it gently, “All better”

“Thank you Mommy”

Aww my little boy with the good manners, “Your welcome sweetie” he smiled and ran back into the yard.

“Hailey, Jacob come here” my father called them and they came running over, “You guys want to go to the zoo?” they both smiled and nodded their head, “Alright let’s go then” Hailey followed my father but Jacob came over to me

“What’s the matter sweetie?”

“I wanna go with you”

“No, no I’m going to stay here with Auntie Becca and you’re going to go with Nana and Papa”

“You come” he began crying, I hate when he does that. He doesn’t like being away from me and he cries so much. I guess that’s normal but it kills me everytime I see those tears streaming from his adorable little blue eyes.

“Sweetie you’re going to have fun”

He shook his head, “You come”

“You’re going to see the gorillas, remember those big monkeys?”

“You come,” he repeated as he wrapped his arms around my leg… he was not going to let go

“Jacob” I laughed slightly as I picked him up, “I have a present for you, come here” I said as I sat down and went into my purse and grabbed a disposable camera, “I want you to take a lot of pictures. Do you know how to do that?” he nodded his head and I wiped his eyes, “And you’re going to take a lot of pictures of those monkeys for me right?” he nodded his head, “And you’re going to have a lot of fun with Nana and Papa” he shook his head and I laughed, “No?”

“You come,” he said softly… I thought I made progress. He’s such a Mama’s boy… just like his father.

“Come on Jacob” Hailey said as she came back, “You such a baby”

“I no baby”

“Yeah suh”

“Hailey, enough” she’s such a troublemaker.

“Hey how come I don’t get one?” she asked as she pointed to the camera

“You get one,” I said as I handed her the camera, “Go ask Nana to help you with it”

“I no baby” he said as he crossed his arms and stuck his lips out like he always does when he’s mad

“Well of course you’re not a baby”

“I big boy”

“Yes you sure are”

He rested his head on me, “You come?”

I took a deep breath, “Oh Jacob sweetie. You’re going to go and have fun and see the monkeys and I bet if you’re good Nana will even buy you some cotton candy” I saw him smile a little, “And I’m going to give Nana some money and if you’re a good boy you can get a little monkey to take home ok?” he nodded his head, “But only if you’re real good”

“I will be”

“Ok great, so you ready?” he nodded his head and my father picked him up, “Hailey come here” she walked over to me with her arms crossed, “You better be good” I said as I moved her curly blond hair out of her face, “And don’t be so mean to your brother. You’re the big sister, it’s your job to make him feel better when he’s sad” she looked at me and nodded her head slightly, “Make sure you’re good”

“I promise”

“Ok, bye guys have fun” I said as I hugged Hailey and kissed Jacob on the forehead, “Have fun guys” I watched them leave and then walked up to my old room. I’m such a baby, I miss them already.

“They’re so cute” Becca said as she followed me into the room

“I know” I paused and laughed slightly as I picked up my old teddy bear, “I mean thanks, that’s what you’re supposed to say right?”

“Yeah, whatever” she laughed as she lay down next to me on my bed, “Do you remember when we were little we used to come up here and talk about how we were going to marry one of the New Kids on the Block”

I laughed, we were such losers, “How about when we’d fight and then you’d come in with your New Kids collection and we’d just forget about everything and how we were gonna marry Joey Mac”

“Joey was all yours” she laughed, “Jordan was mine” she paused, “But I grew out of it, you moved on to marry Joey’s modern day equivalent” I didn’t say anything, “Oh shit, I didn’t mean…”

“It’s ok,” I said softly. I can’t believe he hasn’t been in my mind for at least a little while,

“Well to look on the bright side you didn’t sign a pre-nup so if you get a divorce you get his money” she said with a slight chuckle

I can’t believe she just said that. “I don’t want his money” I said giving her a dirty look, “I’m just so scared” I paused, “What if he wants to get a divorce? What if he wants to take the kids? Oh my God I would die. I don’t know what I would do. Becca I need my kids, I can’t live without them, right now I miss them and they just left 5 minutes ago. I’ve been with them since the second they’ve been conceived”

“That’s not going to happen”

“Yeah but what if it does. How could I possibly live without them? Like he’d totally get custody. I don’t have a job, I don’t have a house”

“He doesn’t have a permanent address” she paused, “Why are we even talking about this? It’s not going to happen. And even if it did which it won’t, the kids would pick you in a second”

“Yeah but they don’t let them do that anymore”

“Oh and when have you become such a pro?” she asked with a chuckle.

We had a real good conversation; it really felt good to get everything I needed to get out. It was good to have some time without the kids I guess but I was so happy when I saw them come back in.

After I put them to bed I went back downstairs and poured myself a cup of coffee. I sat down on the couch with my legs crossed. “Have you talked to him yet?” my mother asked… here we go

“No”

“I’m not surprised”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Well wouldn’t you expect him to call you to check in with his wife and kids?”

“Ma, we aren’t exactly on the best of terms”

“He still could call. I never did like him”

“Yeah maybe because you never gave him a chance. Like every time you see him you just start like grilling him”

“And I don’t have the right to? Even after what he’s done to you right now?”

“Ok Mom seriously. If you would just stop talking about my husband that’d be wonderful,” I said as I stood up, “I’m going to bed” I hate that she hates him. It’s so annoying because she never really gave him a chance. He was always super nice to her, he always tried so hard and she’s just so fake to him. It’s just so annoying. I don’t need Justin bashing right now. I snuck into the kid’s room and lay down on the bed next to Jacob and cried myself to sleep with him in my arms.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj celebrityj cheaterj postsync proposal marriedj