Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks!
“Daddy! Daddy!”

“Hailey, Hailey” I said after letting out a yawn, how do these kids have so much energy?

She giggled, “Wanna play princess?”

“No”

“Why not?” she asked as if she never expected to get no as the answer to that question

I laughed as I looked over at her little puppy-dog face. I picked her up and placed her in my lap, “Because Daddy’s tired”

“It’s only 5-4-8” she said as she looked over at the clock. I didn’t know she could tell time. That’s impressive for a four year old.

I took a deep breath, “Let’s just watch a movie”

“Sponge Bob!” Jacob yelled as he sat up on the couch. I swear he was just sleeping a second ago. I don’t understand how this kid can be knocked out one second and then jumping up and down on the couch the next.

“What is it with you kids and Sponge Bob? Let’s watch something else”

“No Sponge Bob”

“What about Aladdin?”

“Sponge Bob” Jacob said with a chuckle

“Lion King?”

“Sponge Bob” Hailey and Jacob said together, they really think this is the funniest thing in the world

“Bugs Life?” I’m really trying here; I’ll take anything but that damn Sponge Bob movie. They’ve been here a couple days and I’m already sick as hell of it. I don’t know how Kim can deal with it. I also don’t know why they would want to watch the same damn thing over and over every day.

“This” Jacob said, as he placed the Tellatubbies DVD in my lap, oh hell no.

“Alright, alright, Sponge Bob it is” I stood up and put the DVD in the player, “What do you guy want for dinner?”

“Pizza” Hailey screamed like she hasn’t had it in months

“We had pizza last night”

“Grilled cheese?” it was a question this time, she wasn’t as excited

“No, that was lunch” I said with a laugh when I saw the face she made, she’s so adorable, “What do you want Jacob?”

“Um… macaroni and cheese?”

“You just had that yesterday, what is wrong with you kids?” I asked with a laugh and Jacob just shrugged

“How about… cereal?” he held his arms up like it took all he had to come up with that idea.

I picked him up and threw him on the couch, “NOOO” they both giggled as I laid down and they both climbed on top of me, “How about some lobster?”

“Ewww” they both said together

“A nice juicy steak?”

“Ewww”

“Some nice caviar?” I laughed at the reaction I got. They both just looked at me like I had ten heads, they don’t know what the fuck caviar is.

“Hot dog” Jacob tilted his head to the side and shrugged, I laughed and shook my head

“Oh I know!” Hailey said as she sat down right on my chest, “Peanut butter and jelly” she said it as though she had just solved a major mystery

“No” I shook my head, “What about Chinese food?”

“What’s Chinese food?” Hailey asked. Ok I know Kim doesn’t like them to eat too much junk but she has to know what the hell Chinese food is. They are not that sheltered.

“Alright, forget it” I said as I stood up, ‘we’ll get some Faziallo’s”

“What’s a fabazayellow?” Hailey asked, giving me a look like she was really raking her little brain to figure out what the hell it was

“It’s a restaurant sweetie” I laughed, “Italian food, you can get pizza or macaroni or something” We ate our dinner in front of the TV, watching that damn Sponge Bob movie. Tomorrow we’re going shopping and they’re each getting a couple DVDs. There’s no reason we need to watch the same damn movie multiple times a day.

“Now can we have some ice cream?”

“No Hailey, your mother doesn’t want you to eat too much junk food”

“When she comin home?” oh shit here we go

“Soon Jake”

“How come she’s not here?”

“She’s at the beach house”

“Well why don’t we go there then?” Hailey asked… because you’re father’s a little wuss that’s why.

“We’ll see her soon” ok time to change the subject quick before we start another crying fest, “How was dinner? Good?”

Jacob stood up and just started running around the house. I swear this kid makes me wonder sometimes. He just has these mood swings or something; I don’t even know what they are. He’s all calm and then all of a sudden he just goes crazy and starts running around screaming. I’ve never seen him do this before Kim left, I guess maybe that has something to do with it, “Come on Jacob calm down” maybe I give him too much sugar or something? I haven’t even given him that much. Kim just has this damn way of calming anyone down; I guess it’s just that whole nurse thing. And then I heard a bang and him crying, here we go again. “What’s the matter Jake?” I asked as I jogged into the living room, expecting another little booboo that would need one of my now famous sponge bob band-aid. He was lying on the ground and I swear there was a puddle of blood on the ground. Shit. “What happened Jacob?” I asked as I picked him up and he just continued crying, his lip was all fucked up. Shit. What the fuck do I do? “It’s alright, it’s alright” shit shit shit. His knees were all bleeding too, what the fuck happened? All right I need to calm the fuck down, “Are you alright Jacob? Are you ok?” He just continued crying, his lip is fucked up.

“Alright, shit” what the fuck do I do? “All right Jacob, Hailey get me the phone, you’re alright Jacob,” I said as I sat him down on the bathroom sink and washed up his legs, he’s holding his head too. I grabbed the phone from Hailey’s hand and dialed Kim’s number as I continued to clean him up, a little I guess but damn that blood just kept pouring out. Pick up the damn phone Kim, where the hell is she? I called my mother, but of course she didn’t pick up either, no way, that’d be too easy. It’s all me. It’s all fucking up to me and I don’t know what the hell to do. I guess I should take him to the emergency room? I mean it’s not that big of a deal but he’s loosing a lot of damn blood. And he’s tiny, that’s a lot for someone so small. Ok fuck, “Come on baby, we’re gonna go for a ride”

“What’s the matta with Jacob?”

“Come on Hailey, we’re leaving. It’s alright Jacob, everything’s going to be ok,” I said as I carried him out to the car. Thank God we do not live that far from the hospital, I really don’t know what I would have done if we didn’t.

“Why are you crying Jake, you’re such a baby”

“Hailey stop” I said as I pulled into a parking spot, grabbed him in my arms and practically ran into the ER. They led us into another room, and there I was sitting in a small room, waiting for what seemed like hours with my two year old son screaming like there’s no tomorrow. I stood up and pulled him into my arms. “It’s going to be alright Jake, you’re alright. You have to calm down man, you’re making it worse” although the truth is I’m the one that needs to calm down. I kept him in my arms and managed to calm him down a little. I don’t know why the fuck they’re making us wait so long, he’s a little kid, and he’s going crazy. He was pretty much done with the whole crying thing, at least for a little. He’s just pretty much panting right now, I wish there were something I could do. I wish Kim were here. She’d know what to do, she’d just hold him in her arms, use that soothing voice, and he’d be fine. I bet he doesn’t even have to be here, but he has a pretty big knot on his head, and I looks like he might need some stitches or something, but I’m no doctor. I went to reach for my cell phone to call her and noticed the bloodstain on my hooded sweatshirt. Great. Jacob grabbed onto my sweatshirt with a death grip and wiped the mixture of blood, tears, sweat, and snot off his face. Pick up the damn phone, “Hailey get down” she’s climbing on the bed, what the hell does she think we’re at a fucking playground?

“Hello?”

“Hey Kim” how the hell do I tell her? She’s going to be so pissed, “Alright I don’t want you to freak out or anything but…”

“What?”

She’s freaking out, it’s not working, “Jacob fell and…”

“What? What happened? I’m on my way, where are you? Is he ok? Tell him mommy’s going to be there, where are you? Is he ok? Justin talk to me damnit. Where is he?”

“He’s right here, calm down. We’re at the emergency room”

“Calm down? Are you kidding me? What are you doing at the emergency room? What’s happening?”

“He’s alright now, he’s just bleeding, and we’re waiting for the nurse to come in”

“Alright, we’re on our way” who’s we? I heard the phone click and took a deep breath

“Mommy’s coming Jake” he nodded his head and rested it on my chest. The poor kid must be so scared.

“So what do we have here?” the nurse asked as she walked into the room. It’s about damn time; “You want to put him up here?” I placed him on the bed and he started crying again so I picked him up and he stopped. It’s like he does with his mother… he’s finally getting used to me. “What happened buddy?” she asked as she started cleaning him up. He didn’t say anything, he’s shy I guess, he doesn’t like talking to people he doesn’t know. And I’m sorry but this girl can’t be over 12 herself, I think we need a nurse that actually knows what the hell she’s doing. We’re probably her first patients.

“He fell” I spoke up and he started crying again, “It’s alright Jake, don’t worry” well she’s fucking wiping his cuts, I don’t think that’s the best idea.

“Alright well we’re gonna have to take him to get some stitches for that lip”

“He needs stitches?” Shit Kim’s going to have my neck. I honestly should not be left alone with my own kids.

“Just a couple” she smiled, “Jacob sweetie you want to come with me?”

He shook his head and started crying, “Daddy come”

“You can get him set up”

“Come on Hailey” I said as she followed behind the nurse, and I behind her with Jacob in my arms.

“You can just sit him down here” the nurse said as another doctor came in, “Does he have any allergies?”

“No”

“We’re going to just knock him out so we can stitch it up. You guys can just wait outside, it won’t be long”

I hate leaving him but we have to. “Come on Hailey” we sat outside and waited, Hailey tapping her foot on the chair. I was tapping my fingers on the chair when I saw Kim walk in.

“Where is he? Where’s Jacob?”

“He’s in there getting stitches” she’s going to have a heart attack or something, I’ve never seen her freak out this much

“Stitches? Are you kidding me? What happened?”

“He fell”

“He fell? Justin how could you not watch him?” I already know it’s all my fucking fault please don’t bring that up, “No, I’m sorry it’s not your fault, he’s a kid, he falls” she paused and took a deep breath, “Where is he?”

“He’s in the back, just sit down, they’re taking care of him” she’s wearing a pair of short shorts and a bikini top. She’s so fucking hot. Ok why am I thinking about this when my own son is in the other room getting stitches? I looked up and saw a bunch of other guys in the waiting room looking at her the same way I was. I took off my sweatshirt and handed it to her

“Thanks” she said as she pulled it over her shoulders and walked right back to one of the rooms

“Ma’am” one of the nurses said as she stood up and followed her

“It’s ok I’m a nurse”

“Then you’re aware of the policy that we can’t let anyone back there”

“Right, but I’m a nurse”

“I’m sorry”

“Oh give me a break, I need to go see my son” she’s really getting pissed. I’ve never seen her get this upset

“Ma’am, you can’t…”

“For Gods sakes let me see my damn son”

“Come on Kim, it’s all right” I grabbed onto her arm and led her back to those uncomfortable chairs. She’s shaking, she’s worse than me, “It’s alright baby, he’s fine,” I said as I rubbed her leg that was shaking frantically.

Rachael left with Hailey to get some hot chocolate when the nurse came out, “You can go in and see him now. He’s still groggy and everything, but he’ll be back to his normal self in no time”

“Are you fucking kidding me, she’s the nurse?” Kim whispered to me as we walked behind her

I laughed, “What’s wrong with her?”

“She’s like 12”

“She’s not 12” I laughed

“Ok maybe 22, she’s too young”

“Too young? If I remember correctly you were about 22 when I had you as a nurse”

“Exactly my point. I didn’t know what the hell I was doing when you came in”

“What?” I stopped in my tracks, “Are you serious?”

She laughed and grabbed onto my arm and pulled me into the room, “Come on”

“No, seriously you didn’t know what you were doing?”

“Of course I did, I was just kidding” she gave me a look that told me for sure she was lying. Good to know that now. She had no idea what the fuck she was doing when I broke my foot.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj celebrityj cheaterj postsync proposal marriedj