Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading and reviewing :)



“Oh God, Jacob sweetie” I sat down at the foot of the bed and picked him up in my arms. Oh my God, look at him. He’s got a big ol’ bump on his head, and his little lip has two stitches

“Mommy” he whined and I held him tightly in my arms, I’m not letting him go.

“It’s alright baby, I’m here now” I touched the bump gently, he’s ok, before I looked away his eyes were closed and he was sleeping again, I just want to get out of here, “What happened?”

“He was running around having one of those tantrums he seems to have so often” he paused, “Well at least he does with me, I’m sure he doesn’t with you”

I laughed, he seriously thinks I have like this special power over the kids that they are always little angels with me, “Of course he does that with me, he’s two. They don’t call it the terrible twos for nothing. If you just count down from five by the time you get to one he’ll be sitting down like a little angel”

“Good to know” he said with a smile. I guess I should have told him that before. “Well anyway, he was running around then I heard a bang and saw him on the ground screaming with blood all around him”

I nodded my head, these things happen. But damn it’s so scary when they do; Rachael opened the door and came in with Hailey holding a little cup of hot chocolate, “Mommy”

“Hey baby” I smiled as I hugged her tightly, it’s so good to see her again.
I’m actually happy this happened so I could see them. That’s sad.

“I’m going to get going” Rachael said as she hugged me quickly before heading to the door, “I’ll talk to you later Kim. Oh and don’t you have something to tell Justin?” she asked with a smug smile on her face. I can’t believe she just brought that up. That’s the last thing I want to tell Justin right now.

I gave her a death stare and she laughed as she walked out of the room, “Bye Rachael, thanks”

“What do you have to tell me?”

“Nothing, are you ready to go Ms. Hailey?”

“Yeah, let’s get out of here, this place gives me the heebie-jeebies” Justin said in a silly voice making Hailey giggle. He’s so cute.

“What’s a hib-a-jib-a?”

Justin laughed as he picked up Hailey in his arms, “A hib-a-lee-dib-a-lee-doo”

Hailey giggled, “Daddy you’re silly”

“I’m silly Ms. Hailey bear I think you’re the silly one” he laughed as he tickled her. I love the way they are together; he’s so good with the kids. I could sit and watch the way they interact all day. We walked out of the hospital each of us with a kid in our arms and placed them both in the back seat of the Escalade. “Sorry I interrupted your time at the beach”

“Oh no are you kidding? I would have been upset if you didn’t,” I said seriously looking him in the eye. Plus I’m really thankful it happened when it did, let me get away from what was actually going on, so I could at least step away from that part of reality for a little.

“They miss you a lot”

“Of course they do, they’re my babies,” I said with a smile causing him to laugh. His mother says that every time she sees him and he says how much he missed her

“You hungry?” he asked as checked the clock on the dashboard and then pulled into the Wendy’s drive-thru. 1:49… we just made it.

“Yeah, starving”

“Alright I need a number 7 with no mayo or onions” he paused as he looked at the menu, “And a number 6, uh diet coke with both” he looked in the rearview to see both the kids fast asleep, “And uh… give me a large Frosty too, you want one?” I shook my head, “Yeah just one then” as he drove up to the window he leaned to the side and I grabbed his wallet from his back pocket and handed him the money. Once we got the food he parked the car so we could eat, “Oh hell they forgot my change”

“It was two dollars” I said with a chuckle, “You’re so cheap”

“I’m not cheap, I’m thrifty”

“Sure, the kid is getting like 5 bucks an hour let him keep those extra two” he laughed as he handed me my burger.

I took a bite and Justin looked over at me and laughed, “You got ketchup on your shirt” he paused, “Well my shirt. I think its ketchup it might just be blood”

I laughed as I looked down, “I think it’s a little bit of both. God, I’m such a scrub, wearing your old sweatshirt with bloodstains on it. Like white trash or what?”

“You’re beautiful” that was sweet. I smiled as he stole one of my French fries. I grabbed a spoonful of his Frosty

“Are the kids being good for you?”

“Yeah, much better now”

“Good” I paused as he took a bite of his sandwich, “Oh did you get the chicken sandwich?” he nodded his head, “Can I have a bite?”

He held it over to me, “There’s mayo on it”

“A lot?”

“No” he paused and opened it up, “Actually I don’t think there’s actually any on it, there’s supposed to be some on it”

I laughed as he held in up to my mouth and I took a bite. That is one good sandwich, “Ohhh that’s so good” he laughed, “You wanna switch?” he handed me the sandwich, “Are you sure? I mean”

“Take it,” I laughed as we switched sandwiches. He’s real good with that because every time he gets something I always end up liking his better. But I only took a couple bites of mine and he ate like half of his, so he gets more. I’m just making it sound better so I feel better about stealing his food.

He started driving again, “So are you going to just come back to the house tonight or what?”

“Oh no, all my stuff is at the beach house” why did I just say that? Are you serious Kim, wake up. He seriously just asked me to come back home and I said no… um remember how I can’t sleep or do anything but think about him? It’s like I’m 19 or something and he asked me back to his place and I wasn’t going to go because I wasn’t planning on putting out, “I mean…”

“No, no it’s cool” he broke in… no I want to come home… he pulled into the driveway of the house

“Well goodnight” I smiled, “I’m going to take Jacob ok?”

“Yeah” he said as he got out of the car and helped me get Jacob out of the car seat

“I’ll return him tomorrow” I smiled, “You want me to take Hailey too?”

“No, I’m fine”

“Are you sure? Do you want a night to yourself or something, I really don’t mind”

“No, it’s good” he nodded his head and we both stood in silence for a couple seconds, all I wanted was for him to kiss me, “Alright, well goodnight”

“Goodnight” I said as I started to walk away, “I’ll see you tomorrow”


I watched her walk to the door, damn why did I let her just walk away? Why the fuck did I take her back here? I should have just taken her home. But she doesn’t want to come home. Why doesn’t she want to come home? Oh yeah maybe because I fucked around with Leah… I just want her to come home. She waved as she opened the front door, and her smile made me smile. I miss her so much and she’s right there. Isn’t that what they say… the worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can’t have them. I now know exactly what that means. And she’s my wife; I should be able to have her whenever I want.

I drove off, back to the house, 20 minutes away. It’s so stupid that we’re in the same city living in different houses. I parked the car in the driveway and then got out to get Hailey, “Are you sleeping babygirl?” she moved around a little, making sure to keep her eyes shut. I laughed as I picked her up, she’s faking it, so she doesn’t have to walk in the house cause she’s a lazy girl. But I shouldn’t be talking; I used that trick for so long when I was a kid. The difference is my father would just leave me in the car, “Come on baby, you need to brush your teeth”

She let out a little sigh, “Do I hafta daddy I’m sleeping”

“Really quick, I’ll help you”

“But I’m tired”

“So am I” I said as I placed her on the bathroom sink and handed her the toothbrush, “We’ll do it together, here’s the rules, you start when I start and you don’t finish till I finish, you ready?” she looked at me like she was already asleep, I guess it’s not a good time for a little tooth brushing game, “Alright let’s go”

“Can we go to bed now?”

“Yup, let’s just wash your face real quick” I said as I wiped her face quickly with a facecloth, “And we’re ready to go, let’s go” I picked her up and laid her in her bed, “You tired Ms. Hailey?”

“I just want to go to bed Daddy” she whined

“I’m putting you to bed Hailey” I whined back, “This is the first time you’ve ever wanted to go to bed”

“Oh no” she sat up, “We forgot Jacob!”

“Oh no! Where do you think we left him? At the store?”

“We gotta go find him daddy, he was bleedin’”

“He’s with Mommy silly, don’t worry. He’s fine”

“Oh” she paused and laid down again, “I want to go with Mommy too”

“You want to leave me?”

“No I want you to come too”

I stood up and kissed her forehead, “Get some sleep” I walked into my room and took a deep breath before falling on my bed, this is really ruining her life. We’re going to mess her up in the long run. This is so stupid. I need to get my ass in gear and apologize or do something. As I continued looking up at the ceiling I heard the phone ring, “Hello”

“Hey Justin” I heard her voice, she was really quiet, like something was wrong, “Were you sleeping?”

“No, we just got in” there was no response from her, “Is everything alright?”

“Oh yeah, everything’s fine” she said and then was quiet for a couple seconds.

“Ok” I paused, “So what’s up?”

“Nothing” ok. So you called me…why?

“Are you sure everything’s ok?”

“Oh yeah totally, sorry” she laughed that nervous laugh she has, something’s going on, “I just have to tell you something”

“OK”

“I um…” this can’t be good, “I… I think…” she just stopped

“Yeah?” come on Kim, it’s late spit it out.

“I have your sweatshirt” she said quickly, “I forgot to give it back”

“It’s ok, I’ll get it tomorrow”

“Oh yeah right, tomorrow. Alright well goodnight Justin”

“Goodnight Kim” and with that she clicked the phone. Alright I don’t know what that was all about but there was obviously something else she wanted to tell me. I hate that she gets nervous talking to me, that’s never happened before. The phone rang again, “Hey”

“Hey, I’m sorry Justin that’s not what I wanted to tell you”

“Yeah, I hoped it wasn’t” I said with a slight chuckle

“Alright look, well what I’m going to tell you is probably going to like catch you off guard. And no matter what I say I don’t want you to be worried or anything, and I especially don’t want you to change your mind about whatever it is that’s going to happen with us” she said quickly

“Meaning?”

“I don’t know. Just don’t think too much about it I guess” she paused, “I’m just telling you this because I know I have to but I really wish I could wait a little to tell you, but I know I have to tell you now” she went on rambling

“Just say it Kim’”

“I think… well I could be… I think that… no I know… well I don’t really know for sure, like it’s not completely positive but it’s pretty close”

“Spit it out Kim”

“I might be pregnant”

“What?”

“I think I’m pregnant again. We’re going to have another baby” she paused for a second, waiting for me to say something but I couldn’t get anything out, “I mean, I’m not completely positive, I took the test but it could be wrong”

“Have you been to the doctor yet?”

“No” she paused, “That’s what I mean, I’m not that sure”

“Well you have to go to the doctor, tomorrow” she had a lot of problems when she was pregnant with Jacob and we can’t go through that again, “Do you hear me Kim? We’re going to go tomorrow, I’ll come with you if you want”

“No Justin, see I knew you’d get all worried. It’s not that big of a deal, like it’s not even true it can’t be.”

“Why can’t it be true?”

“Well because” she paused, “When’s the last time we even….”

“When I got back?” I paused, “Alright look Kim I don’t really care if you think it’s not true or whatever but we’re going to the doctors tomorrow just to be safe” I waited for her to say something but she didn’t, “Kim” nothing, “Kim are you still there?”

“Yeah” she said softly

“Alright, just get some sleep I’ll see you tomorrow”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj celebrityj cheaterj postsync proposal marriedj