Author's Chapter Notes:
I thought I added this before but it doesn't seem to be up there so... sorry if it's a repeat haha Thanks for reading :)


I woke up to hear Jacob crying and a smile came over my face. Not that he was crying of course but that he was here, “What’s the matter baby?” I asked as I walked in the room and he stopped crying, he probably just had no idea where he was, “How are you feeling?”

He smiled when he saw me, “Mommy wanna play?”

I laughed as I held him in my arms and kissed his forehead, “Yes I do but I want you to tell me how you feel first”

“Good let’s play!”

“What do you want to play?”

“Spider Man!” he said as he opened his mouth wide and giggled

“Ok well how about this… we’re going to get you some ice for that head, then give you your medicine and then make some yummy pancakes and then we’ll play?”

“No” he shook his head, “First we play then yummy pancakes, no ice”

“Umm no” I laughed as I picked him up and walked into the kitchen, “First pancakes”

“Ok” he said as I put him down and he started to walk out of the room, “I go get Hailey”

“Hailey’s not here silly”

He stopped in his tracks for a couple seconds and then turned around, “Where she go?”

“She’s with Daddy”

“Where daddy?” he asked, scrunching his eyes up

“Oh silly” I laughed as I got out the things to make pancakes, “Come sit” he sat and I heard the door open, “Who’s that?”

“Mommy!” I heard Hailey scream as she came running into the room

“Baby girl” I smiled as I picked her up and kissed her forehead, “What are you guys doing here?”

“We have to go to the doctor” Justin said as I took a deep breath, why won’t he just drop it?

He’s so stubborn sometimes, “We can’t bring the kids”

“I’ve got it covered,” he said with a smug smile as he took a bite of the pancakes I put in front of him

I shook my head; “I’m not leaving them with Trace”

“Neither am I” he smiled when Lonnie walked into the kitchen

“Sorry to just barge in, but no one was answering the door” he said with a smile, “How are you doing sweetie?” he asked me as he gave me a great bear hug, I can not even explain how happy I was to see him.

“Good, it’s so good to see you, how are you?”

“Good” he smiled as Justin grabbed onto my arm

“Alright everyone’s good, let’s go”

“Wait I didn’t even eat breakfast”

“We’ll get something”

“I need to clean up”

“You’re stalling” I’m not stalling…

“I’ll clean up, go Kim” Lonnie said with a smile, oh no he’s on Justin’s side too? I think I’m the only one on my side right now

“Well I have to get them ready” I said as I walked over to Jacob

“Mommy go” even Jacob wants me to go

“Alright, I’m going” I said as I gave them each a kiss, “Bye guys, be good for Lonnie”

“They’re going to be angels let’s go” Justin grabbed onto my arm and practically dragged me to the car

“This is so stupid we’re just wasting a whole day” he just looked at me and smiled, “I’m serious”

“Why are you so stubborn?”

“I’m not. It’s a waste of the whole day”

“Oh did you have something more important to do? Like sit down at the beach or something?” he asked with that smug smile on his face

“Or play with my kids”

“You can play with them when we get back” he looked at me as he stopped at a red light

“No I can’t, you’re going to take them away” he looked back at the road and continued driving when I realized what I had actually said, “Wait, I didn’t mean…” he just nodded his head and we continued the rest of the way to the doctors in silence. We walked inside and waited for what seemed like forever for the doctor to actually see us. It’s always this place, when it’s such a life-changing event that you’re waiting to find out. I don’t know why we’re here it’s not happening. I think I would know if there was something growing inside of me. I knew with Hailey, I knew with Jacob, I’d know with another one.

“Mr. And Mrs. Timberlake” the nurse said as we followed her into room where we were left alone, waiting for the actual doctor to come in. I sat down on a chair with my arms crossed

“I can’t believe you’re acting so stubborn about this”

“Oh I’m sorry, I should be happy to spend the day with you in this doctors office waiting to find out the answer to something I already know”

“Yeah, because this is how I want to spend my day too” he said defensively, I guess I shouldn’t have said the part about how I don’t want to spend the day with him, even though I didn’t mean it that way

“Then why are we here?”

“Because it’s better to be on the safe side”

“Oh right totally” I said sarcastically, “Then after this let’s stop by your doctor and see if you have diabetes, just to be on the safe side” he took a deep breath and I continued, “Come to think of it we really should get you checked for some STDs while we’re here. I mean let’s face it, we know Leah isn’t the cleanest person in the world”

“God Kim”

“God is right” I broke him off, “You better get on your knees and pray boy that you don’t have any diseases, we should have got you checked earlier” I said as I grabbed a handful of M& Ms from the bowl on the counter

“I’m just going to pass this whole conversation off as stress and not take anything you’re saying seriously”

“Well maybe you should” I said seriously when the door opened and the doctor walked in

“How are you guys doing?” the doctor said with a huge smile. I didn’t even look at her, this is so stupid.

“We’re good” Justin answered as I stuffed more M&Ms in my mouth

“Great” she smiled when I looked at her, “Well we’re just going to run some tests and we’ll find out if you’re going to have another addition”

After all those tests were done she left the room, leaving Justin and I alone, once again, “You’re acting like a 10 year old” I didn’t even look up at him to acknowledge his comment. I don’t care if I’m acting stupid; this is a waste of time.

“She’s going to come in here and say that we’re stupid and I’m not pregnant and that we’re wasting our day…”

“Alright then, I’ll be ready for that conversation” he paused, “I think you’re pregnant”

I gave him a look like he’s crazy and rolled my eyes, “Well next time you have a baby inside you and can tell me what it feels like then you can tell me you think we’re pregnant”

He laughed a little and threw his head back, “You’ll be the first one I tell” I rolled my eyes, “Where’s your insurance card? She’s going to need it”

“In my wallet” I said as I changed back into my clothes

“What the hell is this?” he asked softly and I turned around to see him holding the card of that guy on the street.

“It’s nothing”

“Nothing? You have another guys number in your purse”

“It’s just a card”

“Just a card?” he shouted, now he’s getting angry, “Kimberly there is another guy’s number in your purse” he repeated once again

“You definitely should not be casting stones on this matter” how the hell is he going to get mad because I have some random guys number in my purse when he was in much more than just Leah’s purse.

He took a deep breath and started pacing around the room, “What’s going on?”

“Nothing. It’s a number”

“Are you dating?”

“No” how could he even ask me that, “We’re still married. I don’t cheat. Which is more than I can say for you”

He let out a sigh; I don’t know if it was out of anger or relief. I can not believe he’s going to accuse me of dating someone when he was fucking around with his opening act, “Are a lot of guys giving out there number to you?”

“Yeah, thank god you only found that one. I have a whole collection at the beach house” I answered sarcastically

“I’m being serious Kimberly,” he answered quietly, looking up at me for the first time in awhile

“Are you getting worried?”

“Yeah, I’m getting worried” he answered honestly which I did not expect. But it’s a good thing he’s getting worried. It’s good he knows that he’s not the only one in this relationship that has gotten offers. But some people know how to control themselves while other people don’t.

“Why?” I asked looking him directly in the eye, “We’re separated. You’re not supposed to care”

“Of course I care, are you serious?” he shouted and stopped when the doctor came in. He looked between the two of us without saying anything at first he needs to just tell me I’m not pregnant so we can go on our way

Here it comes… the one word that will change our lives forever…




“Congratulations” the doctor said with a smile, “The tests are positive, you are pregnant” I felt a smile cover my face… we’re going to have another baby. Before I could say anything Kim stood up and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her, “Is everything ok?”

“Oh yeah, everything’s fine” I paused as I stood up, “Thanks a lot” I said, unable to wipe the smile off my face

“Did you want to make an appointment for your next visit?”

“Um, we’ll call you I guess”

“Ok, just make sure we set something up in the next few weeks we want to make sure everything’s ok with her especially with the complications from the last…”

“Yeah, we will, thanks” I said as I made my way outside of the office, and jogged my way outside. I don’t know where she is… I looked around and saw her sitting down on a bench in front of the car and sat down next to her. She was bent over, with her head in her lap, crying like she had just found out Santa wasn’t real, “It’s ok” I said as I sat down next to her, I wanted to hold her in my arms but I don’t think that would have helped at this point

“No it’s not”

“Yeah, of course it is” I paused, “Baby, we always wanted a big family”

“Not now though, oh God not now” she paused as she continued crying, “This is like the worse possible time”

“No it’s…”

She sat up and looked right at me and wiped her eyes, “I don’t want this to change anything”

“What are you talking about?”

“If you’re going to leave me I want you to still do it. I don’t want you to stay with me because of this baby because if we won’t be happy it’s not worth it. I don’t want this to change anything”

“Kim, I…”

“No, just… promise me it’s not going to change anything”

I nodded my head, “I promise”

She nodded her head, “Ok” she paused and for a few minutes we sat in silence. I placed my hand on her lap, “Let’s go home”

“Let’s go,” I said as I stood up and helped her to the car, opened up the glove compartment and handed her some Kleenex

“Thanks” she said softly and I nodded my head.

As we drove back to the house I kept sneaking a glance at her. She’s so upset, this is supposed to be one of the happiest days of her life and she’s crying because she’s upset… it’s supposed to be tears of joy. She always wanted a big family, at least three kids, maybe even four.

I love you Kim. I would never leave you; I want to be with you forever. That’s why I married you. And I’d do it again in a heartbeat. I can’t even imagine my life without you. You make my life worth living… now if only I could grow the balls to say it aloud

“It’s going to be alright,” I said as I rested my hand on her lap

She nodded her head and looked away from her window and wiped her eyes, “Can we drive around a little? I don’t want the kids to see me like this”

“Yeah” I said softly as I continued driving, “You know Kim, you could come home… I mean if you want to”

She shook her head, “I don’t think that’s a good idea” she paused, “I think we both have a lot of thinking we need to do” yes we sure do.

I nodded my head, “Alright” I paused, “so I’ll take the kids then?”

“Yeah” she said softly, “Do you mind? I just need some time alone”

“Oh yeah, of course” After driving around for awhile I parked in the driveway, “It’s going to be alright Kim”

She nodded her head, “Do I look alright? Like you can’t tell I was crying can you?” I shook my head as we walked to the door, “Ok just act like everything’s ok. Everything’s great. Everything’s wonderful” I don’t know why I have to act like that, everything is ok, everything is great. Everything is wonderful. We’re going to have another baby; I don’t think there’s anything more wonderful. We walked into the house and the kids came running up to us. We stayed for a little while and then left so Kim could be alone, she needs time alone.

“Daddy how come Mommy’s not coming home?” Hailey asked as she took off her jacket once we got in the house

“She’s really busy she needs to be alone for a little”

“Doesn’t she love us anymore?”

“Of course she does Hailey, you know that”

“I want mommy to come home,” Jacob said as he picked up a toy

“Me too” Hailey answered

“Me too” I said softly and took a deep breath, “OK, how about we get into our pajamas and then we watch some Sponge Bob”

I woke up I guess a few hours later to the phone ringing. “Hello?” I asked as I picked up the phone and turned off the now snowy television set as I climbed over the kids sleeping on the floor

“Hey, you were sleeping… I’m sorry”

“No, no it’s ok” I said as I walked upstairs, “What’s going on?”

“I couldn’t sleep” she paused, “There’s just so much going through my head right now” she paused again, “we need to figure out we’re going to do” And we did… well kind of. We spent the whole night talking, trying to come up with a solution to this insane problem. We have a lot to take into consideration, what’s best for us, what’s best for the kids… and we need to tell them.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj celebrityj cheaterj postsync proposal marriedj