Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks so much for reading and the feedback! :)




Getting a two year old and a four-year-old ready for anything is a mission in itself. Getting them ready for a week on the road is an impossible mission, one that should not ever be done by any one person. I hate taking them on tour because it’s so hectic. Things are crazy, we go from a bus to a hotel room to a venue, it’s not exactly my idea of fun. Especially with Hailey and Jacob, they get so cranky… which I can’t really blame them for, we all get cranky. And then there are always the fans, which I hate. I know it’s horrible to say I hate them because they are what makes my husbands job possible, and without them I would not only have never met him but if I did we’d be living in a small apartment instead of the huge mansion we live in today. But seriously, the fans are crazy. They are so loud and annoying and will go to any lengths just to catch a glimpse of Justin, not to mention the things they do to get even closer. And they go through a hell of a lot to catch a glimpse of me too, and our children, forget it, they all want a picture of cute little Jacob and Hailey who they claim look exactly like their father. I don’t care if they bother Justin, it’s his job, he knew what he was getting into and he’s used to it. Even when they bother me I don’t mind as much, sure I get annoyed but when they start with the kids forget it, someone’s gonna have some shit to pay if they place one finger on either of my children. When Jacob was first born a camera man came right up to the carriage and took a picture of him, the flash scared him half to death, not to mention waking up to see a scary, scruffy guy with a camera in his face.

I hate going on tour because we never even get to see Justin. He’s always busy doing something; interviews, meet n greets, radio stuff, signing autographs, performing… it’s like we see each other in the 10 minutes he has between each which usually consists of a limo ride between two buildings where he’s on the phone talking to a manager or doing another interview. Sure we see each other after he goes on, but by that point we’re both so tired… him from doing everything me from trying to keep the kids occupied… that we just want to go to sleep. And that’s all we do is sleep. Sure it feels good to be able to sleep next to him, in his arms, but I sometimes wonder if it’s really worth all the work.

Justin gets mad that I never want to bring the kids on tour, which I understand because he wants to see his children but he doesn’t understand all the work that goes into it. I sat down on the airplane watching Hailey coloring next to me and Jacob sleeping on my lap. So far so good.

“Mommy, how come the sky’s all white?”

“Because of the clouds sweetie, we’re in the clouds”

“Oh… are we gonna see Daddy soon?”

“Yeah sweetie, as soon as we get off the plane” I said as the flight attendant came to tell us they were preparing for landing, “Now sit up sweetie, we’re almost there” I said as I grabbed a pack of gum from the seat pocket in front of me and handed her a piece, “Remember you just chew this, no swallowing”

Once the plane landed, I stood up trying desperately to get all of our things together so the rest of the plane would not have to wait forever for us to get off since first class does get off first. That was nearly impossible, a hint for anyone traveling alone with children… Don’t.

They were both crying hysterically because their ears were popped, they couldn’t hear anything, and neither could I, except of course their loud screams, “I’m so sorry” I said to the flight attendant, she just smiled and told me it wasn’t a problem but that’s just because she’s a flight attendant and their jobs are to be happy… always. I could tell the people from coach getting restless so I just grabbed my bag quickly, picked up Jacob in my arms and grabbed onto Hailey’s hand with the other, “Alright come on guys we’re gonna go see daddy” Hailey stopped crying for a second, giving me a moment of rest, as I looked around frantically for a bathroom. We waited for the handicapped bathroom to open up so we could all fit inside and then made our way through the terminal in search of Justin. Instead of seeing his smiling face when we stepped off the shuttle I saw Lonnie’s… which somehow does not surprise me. I let out a deep breath as I dropped my bags in front of him, looking at him directly with my head tilted to the side.

He laughed slightly and picked up my crying daughter, “Hailey bear what’s the matter?”

“My ears go pop,” she said between sobs as she pointed to her ears

“Oh no not your ears” he smiled as he tickled her tummy, “Go like this” he said as he began moving his jaw around so her ears would be alright, “And what’s the matter with you Jake the Snake?” he asked as he grabbed Jacob from my arms. He’s so good with the kids, even though he is a big scary man that could crush your neck with two fingers, he’s really just a big teddy bear deep down inside. Jacob stopped crying when he saw Lonnie, which is really quite sad because he started crying when he saw Justin, his own father… and Lonnie’s about 5 times as big as Justin. Which just goes to show that he doesn’t spend enough time with his father, “How are you doing Kimberly?” he asked as he pulled me into a hug

“Wonderful” I said sarcastically

“You’re a saint for all this Kim, you know that”

“Yeah, try telling that to my husband”

“I have… many times” he smiled as he grabbed onto Hailey’s hand and I picked up Jacob.

“Where is he, by the way?”

“Interview”

“Of course” I said under my breath but he heard me and laughed

“He’s doing what he can” I highly doubt that.

We made our way to the venue and managed to catch Justin right before he went onstage. The kids ran up to him, “You guys made it I was getting worried” he smiled as he picked them each up and kissed their foreheads,

“You gotta go sit down though ok? Daddy’s gotta go onstage, cheer me on ok sweetie? I want to hear you singing along with me” he gave me a smile before he continued on his way.

“Come on Hailey” I said as she ran back over to me and we walked out to the VIP area right as Justin was walking onstage.

Oh and guess who sat down right next to me… my favorite person ever… “Oh my God, Kim I didn’t know you were coming”

Oh god… please help me. Make her go away. “Hey, how are you?”

“Good, Lonnie told me you guys were here and I had to come running down to see you before I left. Oh my God, look at you Hailey you got so big” she said as she went to hug Hailey but Hailey just looked at her like she had 10 heads. That’s my girl, I was so proud of her at that very moment, “Oh” Leah laughed slightly, “A little shy?”

“Yeah and tired” I smiled; trying to hide the glow of pride I knew was covering my face. Maybe it’s because you’re a bitch and she can tell.

“I bet” she smiled, “Well I have to go before they leave me. We defiantly have to go shopping or something while you’re here”

“Oh yeah totally” over my dead body

“And if you ever want to go out with J or something just ask I’d be happy to watch the kids”

“Oh thanks” like I would ever leave my kids alone with her. Um… no.

“Shh… I can’t hear Daddy” Hailey said as she walked back over to me and sat down on my lap, separating Leah and I from any discussion we were having. Leah continued talking but I just nodded my head. She left a couple seconds later and I just watched my husband on stage. And that was the beginning of our so-called vacation.




What a show… there were definitely a lot of mistakes, but there always are. I walked off the stage and I wanted to just take a shower, I always feel so gross after a show. I made my way to the van taking me back to the hotel when I saw Hailey’s head sticking out the window and remembered they were here to visit me. “Daddy!” she screamed as I sat down quickly before the van took off

“Hailey, how’d you like the show baby girl?”

“Good” she smiled

I kissed Kimberly quickly on the lips, “He’s sleeping already?” I asked looking at Jacob fast asleep in her arms

“Already? It’s 11 o’clock”

“How was the flight?”

“Don’t even ask,” she said as she looked out of the window, not even looking at me. Someone is in a bad mood. I nodded my head as I too looked out the window; things are so different between us now. It used to be every time she’d come out on tour with me we wouldn’t be able to stop talking, or even keep our hands off each other. Not anymore. If I actually talk her into coming on tour it’s like we’re at each other’s throats the whole time. I don’t get it. I don’t get how things can change so drastically.

We got to the hotel and I looked out the window to see a bunch of kids waiting outside. We went to the back entrance and made our way up to the top floor suite. “Mommy look!” Hailey screamed as she ran to one of the bedrooms and started jumping on the bed

“I see Hailey, come on now get down” Kimberly said softly but Hailey just kept jumping, “Hailey, what did I just say? Get down you’re going to wake your brother”

“But I don’t wanna”

Kimberly took a deep breath as she changed Jacob into his pajamas careful not to wake him, “Listen to your mother” I said as I picked her up and she started to giggle, “Shh… time for bed” I laughed as she giggled and threw her onto the bed, “Bed time baby girl”

“I’m not tired”

“You’re not tired? WHAT? How… please Hailey, explain to me how you are not tired”

“I dunno,” she giggled

“You dunno?” I laughed as I threw her back on the bed, “Well let me tell you… you’re tired”

“No suh”

“Yessuh” I smiled as I grabbed her pajamas on the bed, “Come here come here…stop moving” I laughed as I helped her get changed

“Alright seriously Hailey, you’re waking up Jacob” I looked over at Kim’s serious face and stopped fooling around

“OK Hailey, come on now, its time for bed” I said sternly as Hailey lay down on the bed, “Goodnight sweetie”

“Goodnight daddy”

“Goodnight baby, get some sleep” Kimberly said before kissing her forehead, “I love you” We turned off the light and left our two children to sleep as we walked out of the room. Finally some alone time. I yawned loudly, “Shh you’re going to wake them”

“Sorry” I said softly as I fell onto the bed in the master bedroom, “You look tired”

“A little”

Whoa this is some dry conversation if I’ve ever seen any, “I think I broke my foot again” she laughed and that’s all I wanted. Thank God I got a smile, I didn’t think I could make it the next week if there would be no smile and all that dry conversation, “I’m serious”

“I’m sure you are”

“I’m in pain Kimberly, it’s not funny”

“Yes it is,” she laughed as she sat down on the bed next to me, “Which foot Stomp?”

“Left”

“I am not taking off your stinky shoe after you’ve been on stage. You need to take a shower first, and then we’ll talk” I laughed and wrapped my sweaty arms around her, “Ew, I’m serious come on Justin. Go take a shower” she added with a chuckle.

“Come with me” she smiled and hid her head in a pillow, “Please?”

“I’m tired”

“A shower will wake you up” it’s worth a try

“I already took a shower”

“So”

“So it’s not good to wash your hair that much”

What? “Then don’t wash your hair”

She laughed, “Just go take a shower”

“Come take a shower with me” I ordered, or tried to. I stuck my finger in her face but couldn’t make it through without laughing, “Please Kimberly, don’t make me beg” she shook her head, “Why not?”

“I’m tired”

“Alright, here’s the plan” I said as I stood up, “I’m going to go take a power shower, you’re going to take a power nap. We will both be done in 20 minutes and we will meet up in this here bed” She laughed and shook her head, “Why not?”

“Because if I fall asleep I’m not going to be up in 20 minutes”

I took a deep breath and she laughed, “Then let’s just do it now”

“You’re all sweaty”

“What the fuck? I’m going to get all sweaty anyway”

She laughed, “That’s a different kind of sweaty”

“Sweat is sweat Kimberly” I laughed, she’s just making excuses

“No it’s not, there’s a big difference and you know it, don’t play dumb” she paused and giggled, “Just go take a shower I’ll be up”

“I’m going to… and if you’re asleep Kimberly, I swear to god…”

“Hurry up or I’m going to fall asleep”

“If you do… I swear”

She giggled and threw a pillow at me, “Go Stomp”

I laughed as I took off my shirt and walked towards the bathroom before stopping and turning around, “You’re sure you don’t want to join me?” I tilted my head to the side trying to make the sexiest face I could

“Positive, goodbye” she smiled


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj celebrityj cheaterj postsync proposal marriedj