I took a deep breath as I reached over to turn the alarm clock off without even opening my eyes. I moved my arm around Kimberly but opened my eyes when I noticed she wasn’t there, “Kim” I got up and looked in the other room for the kids… what the hell? I was halfway through calling her cell phone when I realized she left last night.

A few weeks passed when I finally had some time off. Even though it was only a couple days, actually not even, I still had a lot of stuff to do but at least I was home. I opened the door and dropped my bags, expecting the kids, or at least Hailey to come running to the door, but that didn’t happen. “Is anyone here?” I called as I walked through the empty house. What the hell? I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV… I wonder where everyone is.

A few hours later I heard the door open, “Come on Hailey, you ready for lunch? Jacob’s ready for lunch, aren’t you sweetie” I heard her laugh and then saw Hailey out of the corner of my eye.

She saw me and I saw her face light up, “Daddy!” she screamed as she came running into the room

“Hey baby girl”

“I miss you lots,” she said as she jumped onto my lap

“I missed you too baby” I said as I kissed her forehead and picked her up and walked into the kitchen. Kimberly didn’t even look up at me, she just continued getting the bread out to make grilled cheese, “Jake, where’s my Jake?” he looked up at me from the counter and held his arms out,

“Daddy” oh shit he remembers me… impressive. I grabbed him in my arms and talked to him for a while.

“All right come on Jacob it’s ready” Kimberly said as she placed the plate on the table.

“Where were you guys?” I asked as I placed my arms around her

“Store” she said as she walked away from me and sat down next to Jacob

“What’s wrong?” she ignored me and cut up Jacob’s sandwich. Ok. I stood up and made myself a sandwich… I have a feeling this isn’t going to be the great vacation I had hoped.

“Mommy can we watch Sponge Bob yet?”

“Finish your lunch first” she said as she squirted some ketchup on her plate. I just watched her carefully, not saying anything to anyone. We all sat in silence, except for Hailey humming to herself as she ate her sandwich.

After everyone finished lunch Hailey and Jacob went into the living room to watch TV and Kimberly started to clean up in the kitchen. I went into the bedroom and started to unpack and reached for the phone

“Hey Trace, what’s up?”

“Hey man, you back?”

“Yeah for a little… look, are you busy?”

“Nah”

“You wanna watch the kids for a little, I need to talk to Kimberly”

“Yeah man, everything alright?”

“Yeah I guess, I don’t know”

“Alright I’ll be over in a little while” he hung up the phone and I went back to the living room and sat down on the couch. Hailey quickly got up and sat on my lap and soon the doorbell rang.

“Hey Trace, how are you?” I heard Kimberly ask and I stood up and walked towards the door

“Good, how are you?”

“Good good… it’s good to see you” I saw her smile and then she looked over at me and the smile slipped off her face… I don’t know what that’s all about. She walked back into the kitchen

“You see what I’m talking about?” I asked Trace softly, he nodded his head, and we followed her into the kitchen

“Do you want a drink or anything Trace?”

“No, no I’m straight”

“Trace is going to watch the kids for a little bit”

“Why?”

“So we can go out or something”

“I don’t want to go out”

“I can take them out if you want” Trace said witnessing the whole ordeal

“It’s not that” she said and then faked a smile, “Um, can I talk to you for a second Justin?”

I followed her into the bedroom, “What’s going on?”

“You can’t just come home after not being here for months and expect everyone to just drop everything they’re doing to do whatever you want to do”

“I don’t expect…”

She cut me off, “Just because you’re on vacation does not mean the rest of the world is on vacation”

“I don’t think that”

“Well you’re sure as hell acting like that. Like you just mosey in here after not being home for months and you get all upset because we’re not home like waiting for your arrival with a welcome back cake and a sign because I had to go out and get fucking bread to make grilled cheese sandwiches”

“Ok you have stuff to do, I get it. What do you have to do today?”

She looked at me and rolled her eyes, “Jacob has a doctor’s appointment in an hour, Hailey has a birthday party tonight and we haven’t gotten a present or an outfit and we have to go to that too”

“Ok, then we’ll go to the party. It’s not that big of a deal”

She shook her head as she walked towards the door, “Just don’t call your friends and have them come over to watch the kids after you haven’t seen them in weeks. You can’t just send them off whenever you want to talk to me for a minute, they want to spend time with you, they deserve to spend time with their father”

What the fuck? “I just thought we could talk for a couple minutes because obviously we need to talk”

“Obviously the only time you want to talk is when you’re here”




Ah. I just hate him so much sometimes. I remember when everything used to be so easy. It wasn’t a chore to call me. But it’s not like that anymore. After our little discussion in the bedroom I walked out… he wasn’t done talking but I didn’t care. I’m not going to start having this discussion when I know I’m going to get upset and I have things to do today.

I walked downstairs and grabbed Jacob in my arms and went right back upstairs to his room to get him changed, “What’s da matta Mommy?”

Oh my god… am I really actually that transparent that my 2-year-old son can see how upset I am? “Oh nothing sweetie”

He stood up on the bed and wiped under my eyes, “No cry”

“I’m not sweetie,” I laughed slightly as I grabbed his clothes, “Come on now we have to get you ready” I got him changed quickly and we went back to the living room. Justin was getting Hailey ready and cleaning up the kitchen, I didn’t look at him, just out of the corner of my eye. I know I’m being childish but I don’t care. I’ve had enough I’m not going to just act like everything’s wonderful when we both know it’s not.

“Come on Hay you ready?” I asked as I grabbed their coats and stood by the door. I helped them each put on their coats and then we walked to the car in silence, and Justin sat down right next to me in the passenger’s side of my car. Why is he coming? “You’re coming?” he nodded his head, “Why?”

“I’m not allowed to go out with my family?” he’s being an ass. He’s doing this on purpose, he doesn’t want to come but he knows I don’t want him to come either.

I shook my head and he looked out the window, “We’re just going to the doctor, it doesn’t have to be such a family outing to go to the doctors for a check up”

“Well if the whole family is going I would like to go too. I am part of this family am I not?” he’s being such an ass. I hate him so much sometimes.

“You’re acting really childish right now”

“I’m acting childish?” he said raising his voice. I hate how he always raises his voice over such stupid things, it’s like the only way he can get his point across is by yelling

“Daddy how come you’re yelling at Mommy?” Hailey asked from the backseat

“I’m not”

“Yeah huh”

“No suh” he began arguing with a 4 year old. How old is he again?

“Yeah huh”

“Ok enough… both of you” I said as I rolled my eyes and we drove the rest of the way to the doctors in silence. In fact, we pretty much spent the rest of the day in silence. Well at least Justin and I didn’t talk. When we were at the doctors I went in with Jacob and he waited outside with Hailey. We went to the mall to find a present for Hailey's friend, this time I went around looking with Hailey and Justin and Jacob went looking for some things of their own. Even at the party we were both sitting at opposite ends, of course we had to act like everything was wonderful between us in front of everyone.

We came back home and put the kids to bed. Great. That means we’re going to have to spend the rest of the night just the two of us… with no distractions. To any normal married couple that’d be wonderful but… well we’re not very normal right now. I got changed and laid down on the bed, “So you have to go get your dress tomorrow?”

“I’m not going”

“What?”

“I’m not going,” I repeated slowly so he could understand this time

“What do you mean you’re not going?”

“How hard is that to comprehend?”

“You have to go”

“Oh I have to? Is that an order?”

“Come on Kimberly, you have to go. It’s the fucking Kids Choice Awards, it’s a family show, I have to go with my fucking family” here he goes again with the raising of the voice

“Then go with your ‘fucking’ family”

“You are my fucking family”

“Take your mother”

“Kimberly will you please come with me?”

“No”

“Why the fuck not?” he screamed

“Because I don’t want to”

“Well neither do I”

“Then don’t go”

“I have to”

“Ok”

“This is fucking ridicules, are you really not going to go because you don’t want to?”

“Shut up. You’re going to wake the kids”

“Ok we need to fucking talk about this shit or something. I don’t know what the fuck is going on in your little warped out head right now but it is seriously fucked up and you need to just tell me why the hell you’re acting like this”

“It’s always me isn’t it?”

“Oh don’t give me that shit Kimberly you’re the one who’s acted like a fucking asshole since the second I walked through the damn door” humm… I wonder why.

“Maybe you should just sleep downstairs tonight”

“Me? Are you fucking kidding me, this is my fucking house”

“Fine then I’ll sleep downstairs,” I said as I stood up and walked to the door. And why the hell does he have to swear every other word? I swear he thinks the only way to get his point across is by yelling and swearing. Maybe if he acted like a normal adult it’d be easier to talk the problems out.

“Wait Kim come on,” he said as he grabbed onto my arm and pulled me into a tight hug, why is he doing this? “Kimberly please, talk to me”
I looked up at him, and made the mistake of looking into his icy blue eyes, and that was it. I felt my knees go week and I fell into him as I started bawling, “You make me so mad sometimes”

“I’m sorry,” he said as he rubbed my back and I, for the first time in a long time, felt safe in his arms

“I just… I know how much I love you, and I love you so much. But you just… you just make me wonder sometimes if you love me the same. Sometimes I wonder if you love me the same way that you once did, or if you’re just over it, because sometimes you act like you’re just over it”

“Kimberly come on, you know I love you even more than I did the day I married you”

“I don’t know that… how would I know that?” he looked at me for a couple seconds before kissing me passionately

“Baby I love you so much and I’m never going to stop loving you. I love you more today then I loved you yesterday but not as much as I’m going to love you tomorrow” aww… I’m going to ignore the fact that he stole that from that song, it was cute.

We went to bed right after that, but don’t think that means everything’s fine because it’s not. I went to the stupid awards show with him, we stood for what seemed like hours on the red carpet as people took pictures of us, Justin holding onto Hailey’s hand and Jacob in my arms. On TV the next night and in all the magazines they referred to us as the perfect little family. If only they knew.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj celebrityj cheaterj postsync proposal marriedj