It seems like I’m always on a plane, all alone, on my way to some other random city to do the same thing everyday. I was on my way to the UK to spend a couple months, and it was nonstop, there was no way I could get away from it at all. I had shit pretty much every day. Kim might be able to come but probably not. To get all that shit down with the kids traveling to a different country is a lot of work. Plus she has a lot to do, Hailey’s starting school soon.

I got to the venue the night of the first show to be greeted by Leah, “hey babe, I missed you,” she said giving me a hug and kiss on the cheek

“Yeah, I missed you too. Have a good vacation?”

“Yeah if you can call it that,” she laughed, “Well look J, I got some crazy shit for tonight, I mean I know we’re going to be on the bus but dude, you gotta come on mine or something. I got the goods” Yes she definitely is a 22 year old. I used to be like that. I kinda miss those days actually.

A couple weeks passed when Lonnie handed me a British tabloid with Leah and I on the cover at some club. Shit this could be trouble. I took a deep breath, like it would be my last one, and picked up the phone to call Kimberly, “Hey babe”

“Hey”

“Look, I don’t know if you’ve heard about it, but there’s this British tabloid with…”

“I know”

“Well I just want you to know that it’s just two people going out to clubs, nothing happened”

“You are a 28 year old, married man with 2 children. You’re not supposed to be just hitting the clubs Justin. It’s time to get over it”

“Come on Kimberly, you know how hectic things are over here, I just need to let out some steam while I’m here”

“But why with her? You know how much I don’t like her”

“You don’t know her Kim, if you would get to know her I really think…”

“Oh please Justin don’t start that”

“I’m not starting anything. All I’m saying is I’m hanging out with someone that’s on tour with me”

“But why does it have to be her?”

“I’m on tour Kimberly there aren’t too many people for me to hang out with here”

“Oh yeah, couldn’t be one of the other hundred people that work for you”

“Come on Kim”

“Don’t even act like that Justin. You know damn well that if I was out ‘just clubbing’ with a beautiful 22 year old you’d be screaming at me all the way from wherever the hell you are. Do you remember how mad you got when I went to that conference with Bill?”

“That’s different” Bill… uh that hoe, “Bill’s a hoe” I added with a chuckle although it’s not really a joke. He is… and he was totally after Kim
“Hmm” she paused… inferring that Leah is a hoe

“Kim, come on”

“Right” she paused, “I gotta go”

“Yeah me too, love you”

“Yeah you too” she paused, “Have fun with Leah” she said before hanging up the phone… why does she do this? As soon as I heard the phone click the door opened almost as if on cue.

“Yo yo” Leah smiled as she sat down on the couch next to me, “Did you see we’re like practically engaged?” she asked as she threw the tabloid at me… yet another copy to add to my collection.

“Yeah, I see” I smiled as I threw it on the ground. She pulled her black hair behind her ear and moved closer to me

“So, we still on for tonight?” Tonight?

Oh yeah, shit… she’s planning this party thing that I’m supposed to go to. But, of course, Kimberly would not approve of that… which is just shit, “Yeah, yeah…. Of course”

Months passed and then it happened. Ok let me start off my explaining some of the facts. I am a man. A man that has been on tour for the past 2 months without any female companion of any sort. That’s hard for any guy, but I’ve been through this before, I’ve gone months and it’s hard man. I guess it was just all that building up, I couldn’t take it anymore. Plus the fact that I had this beautiful girl by my side everyday. I’m not making any excuses, I know it’s wrong but I just can’t control myself. It started off as just an innocent kiss but let’s not lie there was a lot of sexual tension between the two of us from the beginning. I know it’s wrong and the last thing I want to do is hurt Kimberly, but when I’m with Leah it’s like none of that matters.

We were in my room; just kissing… thank god it was nothing more when he walked in. Lonnie walked in and saw us, and I swear to god I felt like a little kid when my mother caught me drawing on the wall with a crayon. The look on his face is one I’m sure will haunt me forever, “Time to go” he said softly and walked out of the room.

“Shit” I said as the door shut and I stood up and straightened out my clothes. We’re screwed… it’s over now. I grabbed my key and headed for the door, “I’ll see you later” I walked out of my room and he was standing at the elevator, he wouldn’t even look at me. It was like I had personally betrayed him, like I disappointed him so much. And that killed me, he’s always been like a father figure and it was just like staying out past curfew and you’re father says he’s not mad… just disappointed, which was always ten times worst. “Just…” I began not even knowing why I should try to talk it out. I didn’t know what to say, or how to explain myself. It’s not like Kim and I have had this perfect relationship or anything, we’ve been having problems. “Just… be the security guard alright?”

He looked over at me and shook his head, “That’s all I am” and that hurt even more than anything else he could have possibly said at that point. He knows he’s not just a security guard, and why the hell did I ask him to be just the security guard? Oh yeah because I’m chicken shit that he’s going to go tell on me, which I know he won’t.

“Thanks” I said as we stood in the elevator, watching the numbers drop slowly

“You’re the one that’s going home next week and has to look her in the eye” he said before the door to the elevator opened and he walked out of the hotel and I followed him closely behind.





“All right come on Hailey time to clean up, Daddy’s coming home” I said as I helped her clean up the mess she had made. Her face lit up when I mentioned the word daddy, and she quickly helped me clean up, “You’re excited to see your father I take it?” I asked with a slight chuckle she nodded her head, “Me too”

I have decided to turn over a new leaf, its ridicules to fight over something neither one of us can control. Sure I wish he were spending more time at home, but I haven’t even been thinking about his career and how well he’s actually doing. It might not last forever, so he has to do what he can while he can. Let’s face it he’s not going to be able to be up there dancing every night for much longer. It’s stupid that we both fight so much when we’re together and then he leaves, we need to take advantage of the time we do have together.

“Ok are we ready?” I asked as I helped each of the kids put on their jackets. We’re going to go to the airport to see him; I can’t even explain how excited I am. I guess these few months away have been good for us. I mean, usually we see each other a couple times a month while he’s on tour and this has been crazy. But I guess it’s good because it made me realize how much I couldn’t live without him in my life. Which is why I need to stop acting like such a bitch when he’s home and focus on the fact that he is home.

I checked myself in the rearview mirror before stepping out of the car. I took a deep breath as I helped the kids out of the car and waited patiently for his plane to land. When it did, Leah was the first one off… my favorite person in the whole wide world. She didn’t even say anything to me; she just walked past, which is a surprise. I guess she finally got the hint. Justin came off a couple seconds later and smiled when he saw us. He went right to the kids, and picked them both up in his arms, “I missed you kids so much”

When he put them down I fell into his arms, “Oh God J, I missed you so much”

“Yeah, you too” he said and then kissed me gently on the lips, “Are we ready to go?”

I nodded my head and held onto Hailey’s hand and Justin picked up Jacob. “Hey Lonnie” I said as I saw him walk out of the plane

“Hey sweetie” he said and gave me a hug. He looked over at Justin and gave him a strange look, “Have a good break, stay strong sweetie” I don’t know what that’s all about

“Ok” I said more like a question, it’s official I’m confused, why is everyone acting so weird? “What was that about?” I asked Justin once Lonnie walked away

“I dunno, you ready?” he asked as he put Jacob in the car seat before taking his seat on the driver’s side.

“I missed you so much. This multiple month crap is crazy”

“Yeah” he nodded his head

“Did you have fun in the UK?”

“Yeah”

“That’s good” something’s wrong, “You’re not very talkative”

“I’m just tired”

“Oh… well you should take a nap when we get home then. Rachel’s coming over later to take the kids for the night, so we’ll have some alone time” I said with a smile

“Cool. You guys want some White Castle?”

“I was going to make dinner,” I said and he looked over at me, turned the blinker off, and continued driving. I really wish someone would explain what’s going on.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj celebrityj cheaterj postsync proposal marriedj