Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading, I'm glad you're enjoying the story :)


I ran out to my car drove. I didn’t know where to go or what to do, I couldn’t even think. I was just praying that everything that had just happened didn’t really happen. Maybe it was just a nightmare? The one person I had trusted with my life had let me down. When something like this happens you start to question everything. How could he do that? I knew it though; I seriously knew there was something going on with that girl. Ugh… and I can’t understand her either, it’s not like she didn’t know he’s married with kids dammit. What kind of a girl fucks around with a married man? More importantly what kind of a man fucks around with a girl when he’s married with kids? Not one that I want to be my husband, that’s for sure.

How dare he say that we should spend some time apart. All we do is spend time apart. It’s just so he can fool around with Leah the home wrecker some more and not feel guilty about it. Thank God there was no one on the streets because I honestly was driving so recklessly I’m surprised I didn’t hit a tree or something. Although I will admit I was pretty tempted to drive right off those damn Hollywood Hills but then I realized there’s no way I’m leaving my poor kids alone with him.

I had no idea where I was going but I ended up at Rachael’s house. I rang the doorbell and she came down in her nightgown looking half asleep because I obviously woke her. She didn’t even say anything just moved over so I could come in. I think she knew it was bound to happen at some point. I think everyone knew except me. It’s not a big deal in this city the whole cheating husband thing but it’s different with me. I’m not like that. I always felt like it couldn’t happen to me, but obviously I was very wrong.

I woke up the next morning and before I opened my eyes I said a silent prayer that last night was all a nightmare. When I would open my eyes I would be in my bed at my house with my husband next to me. I took a deep breath before opening my eyes and seeing the ceiling fan and quickly realized my prayers were not answered. So now what am I supposed to do? I’m going to go home, that’s what I’m going to do. I need to talk to my sister. She’s pretty much the closest person to me, well besides Justin… well not anymore now she is. I guess we’ll have to go back to the house to get some things. That’s going to be hard. I still can’t believe this is happening. As I got up off the couch I saw my two children sitting at the kitchen table eating cereal. Rachel was sitting next to them, she must have told them to leave me alone. “My loves” I smiled as I pulled them both close to me for a group hug. I didn’t want to let go; they made me feel so much better just having them in my arms.

“Mommy how come you’re here?” Hailey asked when I pulled away from them

“Because I missed you two so much” I forced a smile as I poured myself a bowl of cereal, “Now finish up so we can leave Auntie Rachael alone”

“Then we get to see daddy?”

“For a little. Then we’re gonna get packed because we’re gonna go visit Grandma and Papa and Auntie Becca” both of their faces lit up which was so good for me because I know they want to spend time with their father, but let’s face the facts, he doesn’t want me around and I’m sure as hell not leaving them alone with him. Never.

I took a deep breath before I opened the door to the house, afraid of what I would find… or who I would find. Justin was sitting on the couch watching TV and I just walked right up stairs and began packing up the kid’s stuff. I heard Justin playing with the kids so I moved into our room and grabbed my stuff, just so I wouldn’t be alone in there with him.

As I finished packing I grabbed the bags and walked downstairs. There was no apology, no explanation from him whatsoever. I’ll admit I was hoping he would just apologize and admit he’s made a big mistake and the last thing we need is to spend more time apart. But it never happened. He didn’t say anything to me the whole time I was there, except, “Where are you guys off to?”

“We’re going to go spend a couple days with my parents” he nodded his head

“Alright well call me in a couple days I guess”

I nodded my head, “Have fun” I said as I grabbed onto the bags and the kids followed me and we were on our way.



Why would she ever tell me to have fun on her way out? Does she honestly think this is easy for me? Like I’m excited to see her walk out of my life? I’m not. Not at all. I’m not even sure I made the right decision, all I know is I need some time to think about things. And I know she does too. She can’t pretend like everything was working out all right because we both know it wasn’t…well isn’t. I have no idea what to do.

I know she thinks I’m just doing this so I can be with Leah but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Leah’s a cool girl but compared to Kimberly… well there’s no comparison. It’s like comparing the Lakers to some league for kids under 12… no comparison. It’s not even like I want to be with someone else, I just want some time to think to figure out what it is exactly that I do want. The last thing I want to do is hurt Kim and the kids, but I guess I already did that. Well at least Kim, I don’t know if the kids even know what’s going on. But I’m sure they will as soon as they get to her parents house. Oh God, let the Justin bashing begin. Her mother hates me anyway. From the first time we set foot in their house she’s hated me. So has her father, but he’s grown to not hate me as much. But her mother… it’s like there’s nothing that I can do to please her. And I’ve tried; I’ve never really had any problems with parents in general. I think my mother has raised me good enough that parents would like me a little. But I swear her parents hate me. Her mother acts like she loves me but I can tell she doesn’t. I see those eye rolls and I understand the extra questions she always seems to ask.

But I can’t really say I blame them too much. I mean, granted the first time we met was when we showed up at their house a couple days after we were married. They’re a southern family, as mine is, and of course I should have asked for her father’s permission before asking her. But it was kind of a spare of the moment thing; I couldn’t very well call her father on the walk to the chapel down the street. That wouldn’t be the perfect idea.

My parents weren’t too fond of the idea when we first went to see them but they were never rude to her. They just thought we were stupid but they never singled her out. But I guess that’s just part of the whole male power stuff.

I wish everything were just clear. I wish someone could just come here and tell me what to do. As if on cue, the doorbell rang. I practically ran to the door, I don’t know why. I guess because I wanted it to be someone that could help me. A part of me wanted it to me Kim. I can’t believe she actually left. But I guess that’s what I wanted. I opened the door and saw my mother. I fell right into her arms like the day I came back from a week of sleep over camp when I was 10. I heard her laugh quietly as she dropped the bags in her hands and hugged me tightly, “Good to see you too Justin”

“Oh shit Ma, I missed you”

“Of course you missed me” she said as I let her go, “You’re my little boy” she paused and walked into the house, “Speaking of little boy where’s your little ones?” Oh shit.

“They’re with Kim” I said as I walked past her and sat down on the couch again, turning the television on so I wouldn’t have to explain anything else.

“Oh, well I brought them presents” she said as she placed the bags down on the coffee table, “When will they be back?” I shrugged and rested my head on her shoulder, “Well where did they go?”

“They went to her parents”

“In Arkansas?” I nodded my head, “Why on earth would she go to Arkansas with the kids when you’re home for a couple months?” I shrugged, “Don’t act like you don’t know Justin, what’s going on?”

I took a deep breath before explaining the whole thing to her. I was afraid of the reaction I’d get… I know how much she loves Kim. But hell, I love her too; I’m doing what’s best for her. She deserves better. When I finished talking I looked up at her, she was just staring at me. I wish she had said something right away this is so much worse. “Ma,” some kind of response would be great. She didn’t say anything, just slapped the back of my head, “Oww… Ma”

“Don’t oww Ma me” she began as she stood up and started pacing around the room. She’s mad, that’s what she does when she’s mad. “How could you be so stupid Justin? How could you let the best thing that ever happened to you just walk through that door? Are you crazy? You don’t know how lucky you are to have her Justin, she moved here for you… she left everything she ever knew, all her family and friends to come to this crazy city where she’d be left alone 75 percent of the time”

“I know”

She continued not even listening to me, she’s just rambling now, “You can not just run away from things when they get hard. Do you think Paul and I never went through some tough times? Everyone does” she can’t even start that shit… and what about my father? Wouldn’t you call that running away from things when they get hard? I’m not even going to bring that up because I can see the steam shooting from her ears, we don’t want to make it worse.

“Ma, I’m just doing what I think is best”

“What’s best?” she continued but I cut her off

“It’s not fair for Kim to live like this”

“Oh it’s not fair huh? Then why don’t you change it instead of removing yourself from it? Kimberly is a smart girl, she’s a tough girl, if she thought it wasn’t fair she would have left you a long time ago”

“She hasn’t been happy for awhile Mom. I can’t put her through that”

“You don’t think that’s something she should decide for herself?”

“I’m just giving her time to think about it. I’m giving us both time to think about it”

“Well you sure as hell better think about it” my mother just said the word hell and it wasn’t in a religious context… yeah she’s pissed, “You better think about it before you do anything drastic” she said as she sat down next to me and kissed my forehead

I took a deep breath as I rested my head on her shoulder. I didn’t think it would be this hard… and it’s only the first day. But I can’t let her see I’m having second thoughts. I know this is what I have to do… I have to stay strong… be the man… and just deal with it.

I sat up and wiped my eyes, not because I was crying but I knew it was possible that would happen at any moment. I stood up and walked towards the stairs, “I’m going upstairs I’ll talk to you later Ma” I walked back over to her and kissed her cheek and then made my way to our room.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj celebrityj cheaterj postsync proposal marriedj