Author's Chapter Notes:
a little twist- i hope yall like..

We entered an office building about an hour later and Justin told me to sit down and wait for him out in the hall as he headed into a meeting room.

Seeing a tall redhead pass by I saw her roll her eyes at me than a few seconds later her and a blonde twin it seemed came back and stood in front of me.

“What are you doing here,” the redhead questioned.

“Waiting for someone,” you I asked.

“Please who could you be waiting for here, come on sweetie its sweet you’re a fan but don’t you think this is a little desperate,” she questioned and the blonde nodded while popping her gum making me laugh just a little inside.

“Desperate of what,” I asked with raised eyebrows.

“Of being a groupie, hello and oh you might want to get those done again,” she said than her and her friend giggled and walked away.

“Bitch,” I whispered as she walked away as soon as she was out of sight I went to the window of the building and watched the sun setting on the coast.

“If only I had a camera,” I said softly.

“I can see something more beautiful right here,” I heard a voice say making me turn.

“Excuse me,” I said but got soft at the end when I saw Timbaland standing behind me.

He laughed for a second and then held out his hand and I shook it.

“Sorry about that, but Justin told me to come get you, he told me I’d know by seeing the real beauty walking down the hall,” he said with a smile.

“What the hell,” I questioned but he just shrugged his shoulders and gave me his arm and took me back towards where Justin had gone.

“So he tells me you’re in line to be a producer one day,” he asked making idle chit chat.

“Yea, and I have to say I love what you guys have come up with, just don’t tell him that, his head his big enough already,” I told him and Timbaland starting laughing uncontrollably and was still doing so as we entered the board room, making Justin look at us funny but I just shook my head.

“This is who you want,” I heard a rough man say to Justin and looked at him confused.

“Yes, you have a problem with that,” he asked.

Before he could get another word edge wise I interrupted, “Wanted me for what,” I asked as I sat down next to Justin.

“You see Justin has been single for a while now, and well we want to give him an image of being off the market and well he said he was tired of celebrity PR stuff and suggested you,” the man with the rough voice said.

“Wait what,” I questioned looking at Justin who gave me an uneasy grin.

“You would be his girlfriend, well to the media anyway,” he said and watched as Justin nodded at me when I looked back and forth at them.

“What, that is a load of bullshit, I mean Justin’s image sells better when he’s single anyways right,” I asked and saw who I was introduced to before the meeting Rachel; Justin’s cousin about to say something when rough voice spoke up again, it was like he had smoked a whole carton of cigarettes before coming in here or something.

“We get a little bit more when he’s with someone,” the guy said simply.

“A little bit more, YOU want me to put MY life on hold, to be JUSTIN’s pretend GIRLFRIEND,” I asked him.

“We’d pay well,” he said and glared at him than flicked him off.

“Pay me for that,” I said and then did it again as I grabbed my bag off the table and rushed outside never once looking back to see Justin’s response I had gotten to the elevator when I heard Rachel’s voice.

“Christine wait,” she said.

“Rach, look I like Justin but I don’t think a few fans is gonna make or break him, I mean he’s already made it everyone’s books, already” I said.

“Yeah, I know its fucked up, but Ronnie is head here at Jive and he makes all the stupid decisions so we kinda have to follow them at times,” She said making laugh slightly

“But why me,” I asked.

“You're not using him to get anything, like everyone else,” she said.

“People would see otherwise, I mean I do have almost my A.A. in Music,” I said looking at her.

“Look that’s my job ok, I’ll make sure people know you’re not there to get ahead, your there for Justin,” she said.

“But that is what you always do,” I said.

“Well this time I won’t feel so guilty about it,” she smiled evilly making me laugh.

I stood there looking at the ground.

“Look here,” she said and handed me the keys to Justin’s jeep.

“What,” I asked.

“Justin said think about, drive to Mel’s he said he’d meet you there in time for Cheesecake,” she smiled.

“He told you,” I asked.

“Firsthand experience of it trust me I know its goodness,” she said making me laugh.

“OK,” I said and she grabbed me into a hug.

“Thank you,” she smiled and then letting me go she headed back into the office but before she did she winked at me.

Stepping into the waiting elevator I pushed myself against the wall and looked up at the ceiling.

“What am I gonna do,” I questioned as it went down.

--

I was sitting at Mel’s in the back of the diner looking at the jukebox player deciding what I was gonna play next, finding the song I placed my quarter in and pushed the buttons.

It happened to be that as Justin walked in the song I had picked the Adam’s family theme song came on as he headed my way he did the snaps with the song making me shake my head.

“Can I first say I’m sorry,” he said and I nodded.

“I’m sorry I blew up,” I said afterwards and he smiled as he sat down next to me placing his arm behind me on top of the booth.

“Look, why don’t we order the cheesecake than we can start talking,” he said waving the waiter over.

Taking the order of Mel’s double crème cheesecake with strawberry toppings the waiter left us alone.

“Why do they even do that, what happens when you get a real girlfriend,” I questioned.

“I wouldn’t know I’ve only done it twice besides this time, during the second leg of Future Sex/Love Sounds tour and then with someone else between Nsync‘s Celebrity and Justified,” he mentioned.

“That was backwards,” I said and he pushed me.

“What it was,” I told him.

“Ya, ya,” he said but then bit his lip.

“You don’t have to do this, they have a list of people they want me to set up with,” he said with a grimace.

“Ewe, sounds like a bad version of loveline,” I said and he smiled.

“It is,” he said nodded.

When the cheesecake came we dug in and Justin swore he was hooked by the last bite.

“I told you,” I explained.

We left he paid for the cheesecake and after I fought him he let me pay for my meal I ate without him.

As we left to get the car from the valet I saw flashes from down and across the street but when I looked over that way I didn’t see anything so I figured it was a car as Justin helped me in the passenger seat of his jeep.

Pulling out on to Sunset he headed east and at a red light he looked over at me.

“I’m sorry,” he said.

“Stop saying that, look if I can still go to school I’ll do it,” I said with a sigh.

“Don’t make it sound so bad,” he smiled.

“But I’ll be dating you,” I said with a sigh but laughed when he looked at me with a glare.

He didn’t say anything as he drove up the road a little and was stopped again by the next light.

“We gonna head back to the apartments,” I asked looking as it was already ten and we wouldn’t get back till eleven or midnight.

“That was the plan, oh and thank you, I know it sucks,” he said than kissed my forehead.

“You're welcome, and I guess it’s a good thing I don’t have school tomorrow,” I said with sigh as I grabbed his hand and squeezed it real fast than looked out the window.

“What do you mean you don’t have school, that’s why I was heading back down there so you could get to school on time,” he said looking at me.

“Justin what day is tomorrow,” I questioned.

“Thursday,” he said as he made a u-turn to head back up towards the hills.

“The date dipshit,” I said with a sideways glance.

“I don’t answer questions when people call me names,” he said like a kid.

“Fine, what date is it tomorrow,” I said very sweetly making him laugh.

“November 11th,” he said still not sure what I meant.

“Its veteran’s day,” I stated to him and he raised his eyebrows.

“You get that off, “he questioned, but then he laughed when I smacked him.

“You're not even officially my pretend girlfriend and you’re already smacking me,” he said and I did again making him laugh.

“There not smacks there laugh taps,” I said.

“Tap my ass,” he stated.

“Maybe some other time ok,” I said and Justin looked at me for second confused than gave me the shame shame thing with his fingers as he pulled into his garage.

“You’re bad,” he stated as he turned off the engine.

“You said it, not me,” I said.

“You took it that way, not me,” he said as he held open the garage door for me than placing his keys down on the table he flipped on the light.

“I’m done with you,” I said and headed towards the kitchen.

“Sure make yourself at home,” he said.

“Sure will,” I said and we both laughed remembering how he did the same thing back at my apartment.

--

We plan some of the particulars of me doing this and if Ronnie agreed I’d do it, for Justin.

That was before we went to bed now I was sitting at the table as Justin yelled in the phone, supposedly last night Ronnie had given a tip that Justin was gonna be at Mel’s last night, with as we heard it on the news of all things today, “his new girlfriend,” and yup that would be me.

“Ronnie she didn’t even agree to it yet, I told you to give us a day and you went behind my back,” Justin stated in the phone, my did he look sexy when he was pissed; stop it Christine he’s your pretend boyfriend you can’t really think that, I told myself.

“Fine, but remember our deal,” Justin said then slammed the phone down after he shut it off making me jump he looked up at me, “Sorry,” he said as he pulled me up and put me in a hug.

Pulling his face to look at mine I ran a hand through his hair and he looked at me confused.

“You ok,” I asked.

“Yeah, I… I hate this but it’s done, he said he would go along with you still going to school and working down where you do, since I have an apartment there he says it will be oh so sweet for them to hear,” Justin said than squeezed his eyes shut.

“I’m sorry,” I said and he looked at me placing a hand on my cheek.

“Don’t, you did nothing wrong,” he stated and kissed my nose.

“That tickles,” I laughed and than he did it again.

“Ewe Justin stop, your gonna get your gross salvia all over my nose,” I laughed.

“Ewe you sound like a twelve year old girl,” he said then started to laugh when I placed my hands on my hips and glared at him.

“Takes one to know one,” I mocked and when I saw him start to move towards me I ran up the stairs.

“Take it back Christine Lorene Mackenzie,” he yelled my full name as he chased me.

“Never Justin Randall Timberlake,” I yelled back only staying long enough to stick my tongue out at him.

I thought I had made it in the clears as I ran into my room; the guest room next to his and went behind the door but no sooner had I stopped to catch a breath did Justin grab me and pick me up placing me on the bed he started to tickle me making me laugh really hard.

“Justin, stop,” I said in the middle of laughter.

“Not until you say Justin is the king,” he laughed.

“Justin is the queen,” I said and smiled at him really big.

“I’m the what,” he stopped.

“THE QUEEN,” I said joyfully and giggled at the end.

“Do queens kiss girls,” he asked me.

“Well I don’t know you’d have to go to England to find that out,” I told him trying to get up but he pushed his weight on me.

“Ugh, Justin get up,” I moaned.

“Nope,” he said and placed his head next to mine.

“You’re a brat,” I said and he just smiled at me.

I poked him in the side but all that did was make him jump and in result he  grab my hands and held them over my head.

“You know if anyone were to walk into this they would suspect we weren’t pretending,” I said and saw his smile turn into a frown.

“What,” I asked knowing I didn’t want to know.

“Well, if my mom were to, she would stay thinking that, because that’s what we’d tell her,” he said playing with my pinky ring.

“You want me to lie to your mother,” I asked him.

“Well no, just don’t say that the record company is a part of it,” he said.

“What if she asks things, like I don’t things I should know,” I said looking at him.

“Will go over that just chill,” he said.

I was about to say something else when I heard a door open and close, “Justin, I know your home I saw the news this morning and how come I’m always the last to know about your girlfriends,” said a very womanly voice.

“Justin let me go,” I whispered feeling him go stiff as he heard his mother’s voice but then we heard her come up the stairs.

“Justin, where are you,” we heard her again.

“Justin, let me,” it was then that he pushed against my hands again and looked me in the eye and for some reason it felt like when he did that his eyes were saying sorry to mine, and then I felt him press up against me as his lips took mine in hunger it seemed, but it was all an act right; or was it because I was enjoying this way too much and well Justin’s lower body region said the same.

“OH here, I’m sorry,” we heard the voice say in the room.

We pulled apart and I really did blush as I saw a Lynn Harless standing in the door way looking like she had just walked in and we were already gettin’ down and dirty.

“Mom,” Justin whined as he pulled me up with him kissing my cheek and walking over to her.

“I know you’re old enough to do these things on your own, but your mother worries you know,” she said.

“Yea, so what brings you by,” He asked though I think he knew the way his hand tightened against mine, I guess it was his way of saying play long and play nice at the same time.

“Why I wanted to meet this pretty lady here,” Lynn said bringing me by the hand over to her and giving me a hug. “How did you steal his heart,” she asked me as she pulled me out of the room.

“I don’t know,” I said honestly as I looked behind me at Justin who just waved me off as he sat on the bed.

“Well than how bout we make coffee and discuss all this stuff,” she smiled at me.

“Sure,” I said out loud.  “Shit,” I said in my head.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin college