Author's Chapter Notes:
Staying up late the last few nights has me messed up, so I'm not tired yet. Here's another chapter! Hope you enjoy!

“Kiss me at midnight! Dance into the morning light, party into the New Year! All of my friends are here and when the timing’s right, kiss me at midnight!” Trace ran around the almost fully decorated house singing the (entire) old NSYNC song at the top of his lungs, with Justin chasing after him with a roll of streamers in his hand. I watched on as Justin caught up with him when Trace tripped on the first step to the upstairs and wrapped the gold streamer around his mouth and entire face, tightly.

“I told you to shut the hell up!” It wasn’t hard for Trace to rip through the streamer and yell back.

“Don’t be ashamed of where you came from Justin Randall! Get into the damn spirit!” Justin had been in somewhat of a mood since Jessica had to leave the day before because of a family emergency; everyone else in the house (Trace Rachel and I) wasn’t complaining. Trace had gone all out with a New Year’s Eve party, inviting everyone and anyone he met in Aspen and was making all of us decorate the house to “reunite” the four of us since recent events had put somewhat of a damper on the vacation. Trace and Justin had proven to be very entertaining during the whole decoration process; Justin chased Trace, called him names, and threw things at him all because he decided to play NSYNC Karaoke, alone (and very off-key).

“Tee, don’t forget my all time favorite one; and sometimes when I listen to our song, the nights seem so cold and far too long. I wanna call you up cause in the end, I keep writing letters to my garbage can!” I looked over at the two from my spot in the doorway of the kitchen and saw Justin slowly turn his head and shoot his glare at me.

“Oh yes! How the hell did that one pass me by? That’s one of my favorites too!” Trace started to sing the rest of the song that I hadn’t sang.

“You want some too? I’ll tear your ass up.” I smirked at him and said the first thing that came to mind, which may or may not have been the smartest thing to do.

“That a promise?”

“Of course. You should know more than anyone that I keep my promises!” Before I knew it Justin had hopped off of Trace and picked me up over his shoulders, with my head falling right near his ass.

“Put me down you ass! Trace help me!” I lifted my head up to stop the blood from rushing downward and giving me a headache and saw Trace walking out of the room and into the kitchen. “Now’s not the time for food you jackass!” He flipped me the bird and opened the cabinets and pulled out chips to start setting them up in bowls. Justin carried me into my room and threw me down on the bed and closed and locked my door behind him. He walked over to the TV that was in the corner and turned it on and turned the volume up higher than it was before crawling up on top of me.

“Can I help you?”

“I’m about to follow through on my promise.” I felt like he was about to kiss me and it was making me really uncomfortable.

“What ever could you be talking about Justin?”

“Don’t play cute with me.”

“Psh, play? I’m not playing. I am cute.” I wasn’t surprised when Trace busted through the door; Justin had started to tickle the inside of my thighs (the most ticklish part on my body) to get back at me for egging Trace on and he probably heard me screaming (which I’m sure he thought were different screams). When he saw Justin tickling me he went charging at Justin and wrestled him off of me until the both of them were laid out in a jumbled mess, partially on top of me, cracking up.

“I love you guys. It's good to be back...”


“5…4…3…2…1… HAPPY NEW YEAR!” The crowd that had formed in the house was bigger than I had ever seen at a house party in my life; I’m very impressed with Trace’s party throwing skills. As the clock stuck twelve and the ball dropped on TV I was standing with Rachael, each of us with glasses of champagne in our hands. Instead of kissing, we toasted and hugged each other and began to laugh at everyone in the room who was making out (secretly I was envious of everyone who had someone to share their first kiss of the New Year with). A drunken Trace ran up to me a laid a sloppy wet kiss right on my lips, and then did the same to Rachael before running back around the house to make his rounds. Pimp.

“Happy New Year!” I felt hands wrap around my waist and whisper in my ear over the loud music and screaming

“Happy New Year to you too!” I turned around and was met with Justin smiling back at me.

“I know I’m a few seconds late and Trace got to you before I did, but…” And once again he caught me off guard and kissed me. I mean, it was only appropriate right? It was New Year’s Eve and everyone needs a kiss to bring in the New Year! What better than your best friend? At least that’s what I was telling myself when he was shoving his tongue down my throat in front of a bunch of strangers to make the situation seem better.

 

The party didn’t die out until around 3 so with all of us being worn out we decided to leave the cleaning until the next day and all head to sleep so we could get up and go snowboarding one last time before we left the day after on the 2nd. Somehow it was decided that Justin would sleep in my room with me, I think he was being too lazy to walk up the stairs (and I think it was partly because the only room in the house that stayed clean ended up being mine).

When I got into the room from brushing my teeth Justin was stripping down to his boxers and out of the slacks and sweater he had on for the party, and god damn the man was sexy with his new faux hawk hairstyle. He smiled weakly at me and pulled the covers back for me to climb into my side of the bed before getting in after me. As I was falling asleep I felt him cuddle up against me and whisper in my ear.

“Would you ever go back on it?” And I knew exactly what he was referring to.

“This would make it make it two nights, and we said only one.”

“Who’s counting?”

“I am Jay. I told you I can’t do shit like that. Aren’t you the one who told me I need to find someone to be with and stop settling for anything? Am I supposed to give in just because it’s you? Besides what about Jessica and Kurt, do you not remember them?” He scoffed and removed his arms from around my waist.

“I already told you what she doesn’t know won’t hurt her. And you’re hardly dating that dick, I’m sure he’s fucking some girl right now too. Why would it be any different if you were?” Fucking. That’s all it was to him.

“I said no Jay.”

But we all know I don’t have a fucking back bone when it comes to Justin Randall Timberlake. I said no and meant yes. I said no, and he knew I meant yes.

In the middle of Justin and I having sex (again) I heard a cell phone start to ring through out the room and immediately I knew it was mine. I focused my eyes on Justin who stopped suddenly while inside of me and he shook his head no, wanting to continue.


“I have to.” I have this thing about not answering my phone; it bothers me when I deliberately ignore people’s phone calls, not matter what time of night or day it is.

“Don’t…you...dare...”

“Yes.”

“Hell no, I’m not stopping. That’s bull, ignore it this one time.” He was either going to stop or I was just going to answer during the act and play it off.


“Hello?” I tried to keep my cool as I watched Justin work his magic. He looked up from kissing my neck and glared at me, but that glare quickly turned into a smirk when he started to pump harder and faster into me.

“Happy New Year Alana!” Kurt would be the one to call me after he had just been mentioned.

“Thank you Kurt.” Hearing his name really gave Justin the motivation to work faster, something I’m not really complaining about. I was trying to be as short as possible so I could get off the phone, and not seem so obvious, but he wasn’t having it.

“What have you been up to? It’s been a while since we’ve talked.”

“I’m in Aspen.”

“That’s cool. Are you having fun there? ”

“Mhmm. Yes.” I wasn’t even talking to him. That was directed towards Justin who had started to leave a trail of kisses from my earlobe to my collar bone, knowing that it drives me insane.

“Not want to talk?”

“Tired. Long night. I need to sleep.”

“Alright, well call me whenever then.”

“Okaybye!” I had no time to spare to make those different words as I hung up without waiting for a response from him. Justin looked down at me and shook his head in mock anger before continuing christening the New Year.

 

“Are you going to think twice about answering the phone next time we’re together?” We were lying in bed after we had finished having sex and I had jokingly made a comment about him wearing me out when he responded.

“Next time? What ever happened to one night only Justin?” He wrapped his arm around my waist while pulling me into him and wiped a wet curl out off of my forehead.

“You’re stupid if you think I meant that.”

“What about Jessica?”

“What about her? Why’s everything always go back to her.”

“Maybe because she’s your girlfriend

“I don’t know about her anymore. Things are just different…Don’t worry about it though La, okay?... Okay Alana?”


I didn’t say anything after I heard that and pretended that I had fallen asleep listening to him talk. I knew it had been me that made things different for them. As much as I dislike her and her every being, I couldn’t live with the fact that I was the reason he started to second guess their relationship. It’s funny how stupid ass shows like Access Hollywood can say things are happening before they even do.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story