Author's Chapter Notes:
Had another chapter already written, so let me know how you guys are feeling about this!

The downside of my close relationships with my students is having to grade their damn papers when I tell them I will; you wouldn’t want to hear a group of twenty 16 year olds groan and complain either, would you? Usually grading their work isn’t so hard, but since I have my two new buddies living with me it’s gotten ten times harder to keep them out of the living room for the few hours while I proofread and grade.

From my spot at the desk in the corner of my living room I could see Buckley and Brennan’s heads peaking over the gate in the doorway of the kitchen, their eyes pleading with me to walk them. I made a mental note to rip Justin a new one for taking these dogs out at all hours in the night; didn’t he know I had a normal job to go to and couldn’t be bringing them out when they pleased?

“I’m sorry but no. It’s late and dark which is a perfect scenario for rapists and you two may look intimidating but your actions prove otherwise. I’ll bring you out for a walk in the morning before I go to work.” I’ve resorted to communicating with dogs, who can’t talk back, because I’m pretty much a loser. They whimpered and barked for ten minutes straight before I got fed up with the noise and gave in.

After a short walk around the block we made our way back in the direction of my house and sure enough when we got back in the house it was close to 12; I knew to be expecting a phone call from Justin who was down in Florida and was most likely getting on the bus to head to his next venue. When I finally got Buckley and Brennan settled in the dog beds Justin left for them I packed up the papers, my students were going to have to wait one more day for their grades, and headed back into my bedroom to watch TV and drift off to sleep. Just as I was about to go to sleep the cordless phone on my night stand started to ring.

“Hello?” I tried to sound like I was wide awake but I’ve known the man for 8 (or 9) years, he knows better.

“I told you. I knew you’d be sleeping when I called you. I tried to rush everyone to get into the buses so I could call before you dozed off to LaLa Land but I guess I wasn’t fast enough.”

“It’s alright. I just got in the house a few minutes ago anyways. I can afford to stay up a few more minutes to find out how your show went.”

“Just got in? Did you really go on a date Alana? Holy fucking shit, did you get some dick tonight?” Justin is always very blunt when it comes to sex, that man has no shame at all.

“No, your precious babies decided that they wanted to attempt to get their caretaker raped and beaten because their father decides to baby them and take them on walks at all hours of the night. So I had to take them for a walk to shut them up so I could work.”

“Do you want me to send my mom up there to get them?”

“No it’s fine.” I was hoping he heard my yawn and got the hint that I wanted to sleep.

“Well we’ll talk tomorrow maybe. It’s late and you need to sleep since I know you have to catch the bus at 6:30. Text me when you get to your phone so I know that you got to school safely.” I couldn’t help but laugh at the similar words my mother used to say to me when I was back in high school.

“Alright. Night Justin.”

“Night La.”

And the next morning I was up at the ass crack of dawn to get ready and catch the bus into the center of town where the high school I worked at was located; I really needed to get a new car. The 1989 Accord I’ve been driving for 5 years finally had its last hoorah and died on me three weeks earlier which wasn’t really convenient for me and my new situation.

“Hey Ms G, did you get those papers graded?” During 3rd period I turned around from the whiteboard I was writing the class notes on and frowned at Jamal, one of my best students.

“About that, I was going to wait until after our discussion but I guess I’ll let you guys know now. I’m watching my friend’s dogs while he’s away for a while and they’re a handful so I didn’t get much done. I’m going to try to get the rest done during my off period so if you want to check back before you leave school I should have them.” I laughed at the groans I received from them.

“This 'friend' better be giving you some good dick Ms. G if his dogs are keeping you away from your work.” Remember that close relationship thing I mentioned before? We aren’t that close, Jenny was just way too outspoken. She follows after Justin when it comes to being blunt, although sometimes I think she may have him beat.

“Whoa. Watch your mouth. And no, he isn’t my boyfriend for all of you nosy asses in here. Should we get started with today’s lesson? Take out your notes on the Grapes of Wrath from last night’s reading. I want to hear what you guys think about it.”

While we were discussing the reading I assigned them from the night before I heard the door to my classroom open but I didn’t turn my head to look. Everyone in my class stopped talking about the reading and looked at whoever just entered, which forced me to acknowledge them (I hate when people interrupt my class so I feel that if we ignore them they’ll go away) and was met with a big surprise.

“Oh my word! If it isn’t Juan Ayala! What are you doing here?” I hopped down from sitting on top of my desk and walked over to Justin’s wing man, and business partner, Trace.

“I’m in town on WR business and figured I’d stop by and say hi and maybe sit in on your class for a little while. We all know I could always use a refresher course in English.” I laughed as we pulled out of our hug. Grabbing his hand, I dragged him over to where I was sitting before and faced him to my class.

“Class, this is a good friend of mine, Trace.”

“Those your dogs that got Ms G. wantin to pull that pretty hair she got out of her head?” Trace laughed and looked at me; he knew how bad Buckley and Brennan got when Justin wasn’t around to baby them.

“No, those monsters belong to our friend Jay. And before I forget, this is yours, courtesy of Jay himself for being so kind and keeping those demon dogs for a while.” He pulled a small black box out of the bag he was carrying and handed it to me. Everyone in my class sat up straight in their seats to see what gift I had gotten from Justin. Hell I was curious myself. When I opened to box to reveal a BMW car key I was in shock.

“Oh shit Ms. G. If you don’t want those dogs I’ll watch them if I get a BMW in return. Shit they must be champion dogs if ol’ dude is dishing out the big bucks over them.” Trace laughed and looked at me for a response.

“I’m gonna kill him. I told him I was fine without a car for now and I’d get one once the weather got cold again.”

“You know how he is LaLa; he’s always got to make sure everyone is taken care of. And besides, now you and I match.” I can only imagine the look on my face when Trace told me that we matched; the BMW Trace has is a $40,000 SUV which is a huge upgrade from the old hooptie that just died (literally) on me three weeks earlier.

After revealing my ‘gift’ from Justin Trace sat at my desk while I finished the lesson with my class and once the bell rang I decided I wanted to go see my new car, even if I was upset with him I’m a sucker for BMWs. Ever since I was little I’ve always had a liking for them but could never afford one on my salary and pay bills and a mortgage. Trace and I approached the metallic blue X3 and I almost died from the joy I was feeling. Even though he’s a pain the ass I have to thank god for Justin sometimes because I was really getting tired of the city bus and not being on my own schedule.

“He also told me to ask you if you wanted to pack up the kiddies this weekend and drive to Philly to see his show and chill. I’m gonna be there, and if you decide that you want to go I’ll catch a plane back here from LA and drive with you instead of flying there.”

“I’ll think about it but it’s looking positive right now, I have a three day weekend coming up so I won’t have to rush back.”

“Just give me a call when you decide. I need to be heading back into the city, I have a meeting in an hour and you know how traffic is.”

“Okay. Love you Tee.” I walked him to the rental Escalade he was driving around in and said my goodbye.

“Love you too La. You be safe with Buck and Bren, I wouldn’t want your pretty little face getting scratched up.” He reached out of the window and rubbed my face gently while laughing.

“Whatever. Call me when you land back in LA, whenever that may be.” He nodded, started the car and backed out of the parking space to head back into Manhattan.

I was now looking forward to my weekend; Justin can take care of his bad ass monsters for three days, I got a free trip to Philly, a free BMW, and not to mention I got to hang out with two of my favorite people (there’s definitely only a few of those) in the world. Philly here the hell I come.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story