Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone reviewing! Here's another chapter

Why the hell do I let Justin set me up with these ‘great’ people he knows? Davis was a character alright; he was a total flake. I don’t know if he was nervous about being around a (half) black woman or if he’s just naturally clumsy but he spilled a glass of wine all over the table (and onto my lap) within the first 15 minutes of us being there. He must have been the boy in high school that got shoved in lockers and his braces caught in girl’s hair, and I say that braces thing because when he dropped me off at my house he tried to kiss me and I turned my head, only for the side of it to be met with his forehead. I feel my head bruising as we speak.

 

Hey LaLa, it’s me. I’m about to go on stage but I wanted to check and see if you’re back yet but I figure you aren’t because it’s only 8. Call me after 12 if you’re up. If I don’t get a phone call I’ll expect that you had a great time and I’ll be sure to let Davis know that you want to go out again! Love you, kiss my babies for me and tell them Daddy will be seeing them real soon.” Gross. I was not kissing something that licked its own ass. And I couldn’t let Justin think that I had a good date with Davis, so I picked up my cell phone and called him, even though it was only 10:25 and I knew he was still performing his (very) little white ass off.

You’ve reached Justin, you know what to do.” That girlfriend of his probably made him change his voicemail; Trace, Justin and I had the same messages on our voicemails made by each other.

“Justin Randall Timberlake, if you ever want to see your precious dogs again you will think twice about setting me up with your lame ass friends again. Thanks to you that dress I bought in Philly is red wine stained and the side of my head is throbbing. I hope you’re breaking your leg, literally, on stage right now as I’m leaving this because you are dead wrong setting me up with Peewee Herman’s little brother. I’m going to bed don’t call me.” That should get the point across that I’m tired of his blind dates, or so I thought.

 

The next day at school was uneventful; my classes got over the fact that I was friends with the Justin Timberlake quickly and didn’t mention anything since they confronted me about it two days earlier. On my lunch break I got a phone call from the Justin Timberlake himself.

“You have some big balls calling me right now Jay.” I couldn’t be mad even if I wanted to.

“How’d you know how big my balls are La? Were you watching me the other day when I got out the shower? I thought I told you to turn around while I changed. I take it you from you threatening the lives of my babies, which I do find very rude, that you had a bad time out with Davis?” Nasty ass.

“Bad is an understatement babe. Where the hell do you know this guy from?”

“He worked some of the publicity for William Rast when the line first started. I figured he was a pretty cool guy from the way he acted around Trace and I but apparently he’s a dud when it comes to women.”

“I thought you were friends with this guy Justin?”

“We’re friendly, isn’t that good enough for you?” The both of us laughed at his comment.

“Asshole. What are you doing?”

“Lying on my bed, nekkid. I just got out of the shower and I’m about to head down to Marty and Nick’s room so we can head back to the arena to get on the buses. As much as I love being home I’m ready to finish this tour. And I’ll be back here for Thanksgiving soon so I can’t get too much of Memphis.”

“You’ve got a while till your done Bub. How would Miss Biel feel about you calling me while you’re in your birthday suit Just?”

“What she don't know won’t hurt her baby. What are you doing as we speak? What are you wearing?” He asked me that in his ‘sexy voice’ as he likes to call it. Have I ever told you I hate his perverted sense of humor?

“Sitting in my car eating lunch. And I’m wearing sweatpants, clogs, and a wool turtle neck sweater my Granny knitted for me.” I looked down at my William Rast jeans, black stilettos, and black blouse I was wearing and laughed.

“That is sexy Alana. But your car? Isn’t that what the cafeteria is for?”

“I grabbed a sub from Quizno’s for lunch today and I didn’t feel like sitting in the teacher’s lounge. Everyone’s been playing 21 Questions: Justin Timberlake Edition since they found out we’re friends. And I don’t want to taint your image and tell them you’re a complete and total dick who doesn’t know his best friend’s taste in men from his ass…”

“I love that game. Listen I really am sorry about that horrible date. What can I do to make it up to you?”

“When can I get one of those ‘just us’ days?”

“When would you like one?”

“You’re the one on a world tour, not me Jay. If you want to repay me for Davis and Jeff and Mark and Joe and Sam and Keith, I’ll take a day out with just me and you whenever you get a chance.”

“Damn it’s been that many people? I’m heading to Atlanta today and then up to Boston for a few days, maybe you can come there?”

“Is it on a weekend?”

“No.”

“Then no I can’t. You know I can’t miss work. We can just save it for another time. But listen, it’s about to be 5th period, I’ve got to vamoose.”

“I’ll work something about La. Talk to you later.”

“Bye.”

 

Over that weekend I went up to New Hampshire to visit my dad which is always a great time. Even though I was young when my parents divorced I still remained close with him growing up; I spent school vacations and summers with him while my brothers stayed home because they were ‘too old’ as they claimed, which helped my dad and I grow very close.

“Daddy!” I walked into the house he owned in Laconia and heard the TV being played from the basement.

“He’s not here!” That would be my step-sister, Lizzie. I walked down the stairs, with Double Trouble on my ass, and saw her sitting on the couch with her boyfriend and two of his friends I’m assuming.

“Where’d he go?” The dogs ran over to Lizzie and her friends and started sniffing at them.

“I don’t know. They left a few hours ago and said they’d be back a little later. I didn’t know you were coming this weekend, D.J said you changed your mind.”

“Yeah well I wasn’t going to but I decided Wednesday that I could use a personal day from school so I’m staying until Monday morning.” Most people I know don’t get along with their step-siblings, but Lizzie and I have always been cool. I wouldn’t say we’re extremely close, but we don’t fight like you see people doing on TV.

“That’s cool. Oh yeah, this is Tim and Frank and Connor, guys this is D.J’s daughter Alana.” They mumbled 'hi' while still engrossed in the movie they were watching, so I took the hint and went back upstairs to let the dogs out and to bring my stuff to my room to relax. I hadn’t realized that I had fallen asleep until I felt weight shift the bed next to me and my eyes fluttered open. When they opened I was met with icy blue eyes staring back at my face, two inches away.

“What the hell are you doing?” I’m not the nicest person when I wake up.

“Hello to you too.”

“Hi Justin. It’s nice to see you, what the fuck are you doing so close to my face?”

“We’re going to have an ‘us’ day.” I looked at the clock that was on the other side of my room and saw that it was almost 5; damn I slept for two hours.

“How did you get here?” I sat up and straightened out the clothes I was wearing, I hate wrinkles.

“I talked to Trace and he told me you would be here this weekend and I had it off, so I figured I’d plan it with D.J that I’d come here.” I couldn’t hide the smile that formed on my face. Justin is a really sweet guy when he’s not being an asshole trying to hook me up with his ‘friends’.

“That’s cute. So what do you want to do?”

“I have no idea LaLa. You know this place, I don’t.”

“There really isn’t much to do here. We could go down to the Weirs and walk around the boardwalk and down the street for a while, but it’s November so I’m not really sure about what’s open and what’s not.”

“What’s that?”

“The Weirs Beach? There’s little shops and arcades and food and that good shit. We can bring the beasts if you want to.”

“As much as I miss them, I can do without them for a while. We’ve been reacquainted for a little while so you could sleep. I’m good.”

We got off of my bed and made our way back downstairs so I could greet my dad and step-mom, Cindy, before heading out to where all the action is (during the summer that is).

Chapter End Notes:
Don't forget to let me know what you think! Thanks!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story