Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

"If I make the team, then Megan will want to go out with me,"my best friend, JC said to me.

"C, she will only want you because you are on the team." I tried to reason with him.

"Bern, you just don't understand." He said. But he was wrong. I understood too well I had a huge crush in him. Needless to say Jace made the team.

**Three months later**

"Megan is coming over today, we are gonna hang out and I am gonna ask her."Jc said." Thrity minutes and then all my dreams are gonna come true."

"Congrats,"I said. Well he got her.

**Six months later**

"C'mon JC you promised me you would go." I begged.

"Megan needs me to go with her. I can't say no," JC said.

"But we have had this plans for weeks. You just can't go and ditch me like that." I said.

"Bern, I promise you that we will go tomorrow."He said kissing my forehead before he lefted.

**The next day**

My hands were shaking as I rang the doorbell. JC had called me twenty minutes ago. He sounded really upset.

"Hello Bernadette" Karen, JC's mom, said."Josh is in his room."

"Thank you Mrs. Chasez,"I said before walking past her and toward the stairs.I knocked on JC's door then walked in like I always do."Hey Jace"

"Bern did you tell Meg that we had dated?" he asked

" NO! Josh...I have never"I started.

"Then why would she say you did?" He intterruppted."How could you do this to me? You know how much I love her and you made up some shit that like?"

"How could I? How could you? I care about you more then I care about anyone else? Why would you accuse me of this?" I screamed with tears in my eyes." You wanna know something else?" I asked as he nodded."I would even goes as far as to say that I love you."I added before running outta the room letting the tears fall.

***Three weeks later***

It seemed like forever since I talked to JC. He ignores me in school. I can't get over the fact that he believes her over me. We have been best friends since forever and we lost it all over some girl.

"Hey Bern,"Justin said. He was JC's best friend, well besides me, and he was my friend's boyfriend.

"Hey Jup" I said"How are you?" I tried to keep the conversation light. I knew how close he was to Jace.

" I'm alright, How are you? Tif has been calling and she can't ahold of you." He said. Tif is Tiffani, his girlfriend and she's almost as close to me as JC was.

" I'm ok, just got alot of homework. Tell Tiffani not to worry I'll call her tonight and we'll get togther."I said. Just as the words left my mouth she appeared. The were always close having grown up next door to each other. I guess you can say they had the perfect romance.

"Bernadette where have you been?" She asked trying to stay serious, a hard thing for her" You gotta come over tonight, I rented moives because my man is ditching me for JC"

"Sure Tif, Let's scare ourselves silly and then not have mr.big bad basketball center to protect us from the monsters'" I said joking around. It was hard to not have a good time around these two.

" Even though I love him to death. My baby couldn't fight his way outta a paper bag." she said finishing with a kiss on his lips." I gotta run to class. Tonight at 8 or I am gonna hunt you down."

****Alittle after 7 that night*****

I walked up to Tif's door and I could tell she wasn't home. Why? Because I could see her on Justin's front porch. She seemed to be yelling at Justin. I had to go see what was wrong. Anyone that knows Justin and Tiffani knows how hard it is to get them to fight. As I walked closer I saw Justin in the living room holding a bag of ice to his face and Tif yelling at JC.

"He said what he said for the best. She's a whore JC. You should be doing what he told her you were doing" She yelled at him.

"What? You think I should be with Bern", he asked looking alot less then pleased.So it was Justin that told Megan that JC and I were togther.

"Yes you dipshit" She said.looking ready to snack him. One thing I learned in 2nd grade about Justin and Tif she defintly wears the pants in the relationship and you don't smack her man around. " We care for you and her and we know you should be togther."

"Yea like you and Justin are meant to be togther"He said sarcastily. I could see Tiffani's fist bunch at her side. Jc noticed too. A second before one connected with his face. She then walked into the house to tend to Justin.

I grabbed the towel she threw on the porch and walked to JC's side.

" Here Josh" I said very low going to wipe his lip.

"Give met that" he said harshly." I can do things myself."

" sorry I was tryting to help" I sadi defending myself

" You can't do what Tif does to Justin, You are not my girl no matter what Justin and Tiffani say, I love Megan and she loves me. She doesn't want on Justin or Joey."

" Fine but I wanted to give you this too." I said handing him the leo charm he had given me for my tenth birthday. I t was a symbol of our friendship." And tell you I meant what I said, even though we don't have what Jup and Tif have. I love you the way they love each other." I added before walking away from him and into the house."Maybe you should call me sometime that is if Megan would let you"


Completed
unc_fanatic16 is the author of 2 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story