Next Day...

Late Friday Afternoon...

 

And So, It Begins

 

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting. Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future. "

 

"Hey! Give me that!" I yell over the loud noisy crowd as I grab my miniature foam finger from Justin's grasp.

"Ok, ok, lighten up. Damn!" He chuckles. "You're so childish. Who even buys that anymore?" He teases, handing me the item.

"Whatever bush man!" I retort, causing him to frown. Justin's hands instantly connect with his growing stubble as he strokes the hairs around his mouth region.

"I think it gives me a masculine sexiness. Don't you?" He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I stick my index finger in my mouth pretending to gag. Chuckling, he shoves me lightly in the shoulder before he diverts his attention to Trace.

"What do you think man? Doesn't my beard make me look sexy?" He asks his best friend.

Oh my god, I swear I just saw Trace turn many shades of red and I don't think he's blushing. I think he's more along the lines of furious. His eyes are bulging out of his sockets and there's an identifiable scowl plastered on his face.

"Justin. Are you attention deprived? Is your A.D.D acting up again?" Trace mocks with a satisfied grin on his face when Justin jacks him to shut up. I'm just sitting here giggling at the two idiots I'm regrettably stuck with for the rest of the day.

"Ok Juan, I get it. You're not the person to ask." Justin groans.

"I still can't believe you all dragged me to a Lakers game. This is amazing. How did I get you to talk me into this?" I whine, trying to get comfortable in our court side seats as my eyes wonder over to the players who just came out from their locker rooms and unto the court. If Malcolm knew I was here he'd freak out because he's a huge Lakers fan. I don't think I'm going to tell him.

"Because it was either that or you stayed home to baby-sit a PMSing Yolanda." Justin jokes, causing me to giggle. He's right; I'll take the game. She was literally having a bitch fit just before we left, because Lonnie brought her cold water when she asked for room temperature. She's a spoilt celebrity in the making. I felt sorry for Lonnie. He looked like he wanted to strangle her.

She also begged Justin to skip this morning's workout due to cramps. I had to back Yolanda up on that one when Justin was being difficult stating that if it was Jeremy, he wouldn't tolerate her mood swings. Men just don't understand these ‘womanly times'. I was able to convince him to let her sleep in, and even offered to make it up by accompanying him on his morning jog.

Now, I don't jog. I hate running. I can gym and workout, but I hate the running aspect of it. But, for Justin's sake I did it. I'm not sure how many miles we ran, but by the time we returned to the house I could barely walk up the stairs to take a shower. Justin had the grandest time laughing at me because of it. He even had to push me part of the way. You think I'm lying? I still have the sore muscles to prove it, which is why I can't seem to find a comfortable spot in this seat.

"Would you stop fidgeting? You're making me anxious." Justin jokes, placing his large hand on my jeans clad thigh ceasing my actions.

"Oww." I cry out in pain from his applied pressure causing him to instantly jerk back.

"Sorry. I forgot you're crippled and still in pain from this morning's jog." He laughs at me and I pout feeling a little ashamed. Bowing my head, I begin playing with my nail tips. It's a nasty habit. "Aww you're a cute pouter." He coos, leaning forward to kiss my cheek. "But that fiddling with your nail thing is very irritating."

"You're mean Ju." I say in a baby manner.

"Grow up woman." He chortles heartily.

"The two of you please shut up and stand for the national anthem. The game is about to begin." Trace interrupts, scolding us like we're ten year olds. Well, we're acting like it.

Justin and I both exchange glances then turn to shrug for Trace. Remaining silent, we do as we're told, standing for the anthem before we reclaim our seats, getting caught up over the Lakers verses Suns in the playoffs.

 

****

 

I'm glad Zara and I can get along so well. It's a change from how we usually are with each other. Besides, we spent most of the morning and early afternoon hanging out and just chatting. After our workout this morning, I took her out to breakfast as an apology for the fact that she was in agonizing pain. I think I'm going to try and convince her to jog with me more often. She's really terrible at it. She kept stopping every five or so minutes. It was extremely annoying.

 

We spent most of the day together since Johnny called in to cancel Zara's PA training due to a last minute change in his schedule. We also haven't gone to the studio since Yolanda is sick, and we rescheduled the photo shoot she had today. So, Zara and I hung out together for most of the day with Trace in tow. I actually got to know some things about her.

 

Like, her favorite color is red (I know, kind of odd since she usually wears dark colors); her favorite ice cream is rocky road; her favorite chocolate is Twix; she hates cats but loves dogs (thank god, because my babies are coming back home. Rachel is bringing them over to stay this time); her last real boyfriend was like five or so years ago (I think she needs to get laid to release her uptight attitude. Five years is a lifetime. She might as well be a nun); Her brother is her best friend, then Jeffery Rush (no surprise there); Her favorite hobby is reading novels (boring); I also found out that she wanted to be a psychologist (weird).

 

She loves Patrick Swayze movies like ‘dirty dancing' and ‘ghost'; She also loves The notebook, Gone with the Wind and Titanic. Have you noticed the trend here? They're all under the category of romance movies for the hopeless romantic. She actually dragged me down to the video rental store today to rent all those I've named among others. I swear on this green earth she will not get me to sit through them all. I'd rather lose my eye sight and go deaf than watch those ‘chick flicks' with her.

 

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, so I'm glad we're getting to know each other. I can't wait to know some more personal stuff about her though. It would do well for bribery. There's not much about me to know that she can't find on the internet or in a tabloid. All she really has to do, is know me for who I am and not the celebrity that the public sees. Besides that, Trace took it upon himself to share our childhood memories with her. I still can't believe he told Zara that Michael Jackson story where I would dance and sing to his songs. That was the most embarrassing thing ever. ‘Even worse than when your mom pulls out those naked baby pictures of you to show friends and family'. I turned ten shades of red on that one when Zara busted out Michael's "Rock with you" lyrics to me.

 

All in all, I'm actually enjoying getting to know the woman behind those hazel eyes and what makes her tick, along with her habits, good traits and flaws. She's a real goofball too when she lets her guard down. Believe when I say, Zara and Trace are a sight to behold. They got into an argument when we were having pizza for lunch today about Omarion and Chris Brown on who could dance better. I know right? I bet you're wondering what the fuck right? I was too. Trace was dead set on Omarion especially from the ‘You got served' movie. Zara, was all for Chris because of ‘Stomp the yard' and the James Brown rendition he did at the BET awards some time back. According to her he's cuter too with a nice smile...women I tell ya. It was a pointless argument that none of them won. I just sat in amazement at the scene too stupefied to even voice how retarded they were being.

 

But she's growing on me. I hate to say it, but I can't seem to picture my life without her somewhere in the background giving me that ‘Zara effect'. I'm not going into explanation on that term. Not now at least. It's just a scary feeling when you've become so use to someone as part of your life's routine, that you wonder what major change would you have to endure if they were suddenly ripped away from you...

 

 

"Earth to Justin! Come down from the planet ‘eldritch' man! They voted a new leader...you're no longer needed. That's why they shipped your alien ass to Earth!" Trace belts, pulling me out of my thoughts.

My eyes narrow at him significantly. How do you respond to such an unintelligent statement? It made no logical sense whatsoever. I think I'll just ignore that he and Zara are having a laughing fit at my expense as we walk out of the stadium heading to the congested parking lot. I can hear Mike snickering behind us so I shoot him a death glare. He's been real quiet tonight. I think he was too engrossed in the game to care about us. It's amazing those Lakers only won by three points, with Kobe making the winning shot. No surprise there. Basically, it was a good game.

Finally getting to my ride which is parked in the reserved section for special celebrity guests so we don't get trampled by fans, I shut off the alarm as everyone files into the hummer. This section of the parking lot it practically deserted, but it's better this way.

"Hey Ju." Zara calls out to me, walking over to where I'm standing at the back of the ride.

I just got a text from Mallory, before I hopped in for us to leave. I swear I've planned how I'm going to kill Mallory. All scenarios result in her falling stories to her death. It's a sick thrill of an idea to watch her falling as she screams to her death with her arms and legs flailing. If she gives me any more shit about Jessica, I'm going to fire her no questions asked.

"What's up berry?" I ask, lifting my head to stare at Zara. I watch intently as a small smile twitches into the corners of her mouth reaching all the way up to her bright eyes. She actually likes that nickname. I know, I was shocked myself when she didn't curse me out about it.

"Nothing. Just wondering why we're still here. We got a movie night to get to." She states, giggling when my face contorts into a sharp scowl. She is not going to drag me into her ‘chick fest'. I refuse to watch any one of those movies. Well, maybe Titanic because I get to see Leonardo DeCaprio die at the end. It's not your typical happy ending, so...

"Do I look like your brother?" I lash out, remembering that she told me about her ritual movie nights with Malcolm. I'm also hoping she gets the hint.

"No, he doesn't watch them with me either. Please Justin. We could have a fun night. You can make fun of the characters all you want. I won't get mad that you're an insensitive male." She begs. God, those ‘puppy dog' stares are driving me crazy. Her eyes are even glazed over. Damn it.

"No. Ask Trace." I simply state, diverting my attention back to the phone as I move to walk away from her, but she blocks my path.

"Please Ju." When I don't answer, she resorts to whining. "Come on Ju. Please! I'll owe you a favor." She adds entreatingly, and my ears instantly perk up at that offer.

"Really now?" I ask interestingly.

"Yeah sure. Anything. I know Yolanda is maybe knocked out on pain medication by now, and I don't want to be all alone by myself. That's no fun."

"Ok, fine." I think for a moment before an evil smirk takes over my face. I know she won't agree to what I'm about to ask her. It's the perfect way to get out of this certain death of boredom ahead. "I want a kiss." I simply state.

"What?! Like, on the cheek?" She humors me but I'm not being funny.

"No, I want a wet, long, sloppy one, with tongue and exchange of spit right here..." I drift off as I take my index finger, tapping my bottom lip lightly. I fight the urge not to laugh out loud when her face contorts with disgust.

"Eww Justin. You make kissing sound gross." She admits with disdain.

"So am I getting my bacteria filled, germy kiss or what?" I probe, releasing a light chortle when she makes the exact same face again. I'm really loving this. She seems to be deep in thought about it too. Night of gaming and endless beers here I come.

"Ah what the hell." She takes a few steps towards me and I instantly reverse away from her slamming my back into the hummer.

"What? Are you serious?" I inquire incredulously. Please tell me she's joking. I didn't expect her to say yes. Jesus, women are so confusing, I swear.

"Yeah, why not? It's harmless and I'm desperate for company and attention." She shrugs, slowly closing the gap between us. Ok, this is not how I envisioned things turning out.

"Oh really? And what about ‘Jer'?" I enquire, creasing my lips into a thin line as I study her facial expressions.

"Ah, what he doesn't know won't hurt him."

"Are you shitting me?"

She doesn't answer. Instead, she walks right up to me, grabbing the sides of my face. Crinkling my nose at her, I move to push her away, but she decides to protest by pushing her body flush against mine.

Well shit, I'm seriously confused right now, as my hormones and senses are now at alert. Has she finally lost all the screws holding her sanity in check?

"Zara what the fuck are you doing? Quit messing with me." I warn, feeling a little uneasy. I know for a fact, she's not serious about this. She can't be.

"Why? You were messing with me too. The only reason you gave me that condition is because you knew I wouldn't do it so you could get out of watching those movies with me. I mean seriously. You're acting like you're going to get your leg chopped off or something. It's just a movie. But, you're watching it, because two can play at your game Ju." And with that said, and no inclination of any warning, she crashes her soft lips unto mine.

 

 

Stunned? Shocked? Speechless?

Yeah, me too. I don't even think I'm reacting right now. In fact, my eyes are wide open and I'm not blinking. I'm just standing there, frozen in place as I feel my hands relax, causing my cell to drop on the ground of the parking lot. What the hell man? I hate this effect she has on me.

She's smiling into the kiss. Oh, that little she-devil. She's enjoying fucking with my head.

Hold up, she's cheating on Jeremy. Holy shit! She's fucking cheating on her first boyfriend in over five years with me, just because she wants to prove some kind of point. Way to go Zara. You're so stupid. Let me see you get yourself out of this one. Ok, I'm complaining too much. If she wants to kiss me haphazardly, I'll make sure to leave a lasting effect. I know this is a dangerous game we're playing, but so far, I'm enjoying it.

When she breaks our lip-lock and attempts to pull away, I instantly grip unto her waist, reeling her back in.

"No, no...that didn't count. I wasn't responding." I state in a raspy tone.

"What? Ju..." She places her palms flat on my chest, frowning and ready to push me away but I have evil tendencies here, so before she can object, I capture her lips again, this time into a heated kiss, with a lot of tongue action. Hey if she wants to kiss just to spite me I can return the favor.

Jesus, what the fuck are we doing? You don't make out with your friends. That's an unwritten rule. It's very wrong and we're both being very careless and dumb right now. But hey, one life to live right? Yeah, I wouldn't buy that bullshit attempt at an excuse for our actions either.

I can feel her relax against me as she wraps her hands snuggly around my neck, pulling me closer. Smirking, I place my hands on her lower back, just above the curve of her butt, as we remain glued to each other in a tongue wrestling match. Fuck, maybe I should reanalyze my level of stupidity. This was only supposed to be an honest ‘playful game', but by Zara's small moans, and the fact that the bulge in my jeans is slowly growing and becoming quite uncomfortable, I'm thinking we should stop.

 

 

Suddenly, even with my eyes closed, I feel what seem to be flashes of white light, invading the darkness behind my eye lids. What the fuck was that?! A camera flash? It's hard to tell with how bright these parking lot lights are. Fucking hell man...

Then it dawns on me. We're in the fucking stadium's parking lot, pressed up on my hummer, openly ‘making out'. Shit. Justin you've really done it this time. This is a new level of dumbness for me.

I try to pull away from Zara to end the kiss, but she has a death grip on my neck as she slowly savors my lips. We really choose the oddest places to make out. But this needs to end now.

"Z...Zara...berry stop." I choke out. "Ber...Jesus...chill out." I growl loudly when her legs graze my hardening erection as she slowly grinds her hips against mine. "Fuck. Zara!" I belt, gaining all my strength to push her off me...unfortunately.

Breathing heavily, she just stares at me half-dazed with those big hazel eyes as she licks those sweet swollen lips. I bite the corner of my mouth to suppress a groan from how sexy she looks right now. If I had my way, I wouldn't end our little game of tonsil hockey. It looks like the wind was knocked out of her. She knows what just happened shouldn't have, even though I'll never voice that. I would probably think it was hilarious and laugh till I passed out. But, the fact that we're the ones involved, I fail to see the humor.

Smiling at me sheepishly, she decides to bow her head and give her nails some habitual attention. Great. "Sorry." She laments and I just roll my eyes at her.

"If you two are done making out back there, can we please fucking leave? I'm hungry." Trace whines from the front seat. I even forgot he and Mike were there. Just fucking great. Now my life is going to be filled with an irritating noisy buzz that is Trace's voice.

"Don't get your panties in a bunch shorty. We're coming." I insult and he curses me out, before he pushes his head back inside the ride.

"Zara, let's just go ok?" I suggest, bending to pick up my cell and stuff it in my pocket before I grab her hands and lead her to the doors.

"If it's worth it, I don't regret it. I don't know why. But I don't." She says in a whisper but I catch it.

"It's cool. So what movie are we watching?" I ask, chuckling a bit. We're really good at pretending like nothing is up, ignoring the severity of these situations.

"Oh, Dirty Dancing, Ghost and The notebook." She contently divulges. Suddenly I don't think the kiss was worth it. Maybe a ‘workout' under the sheets might suffice but not a kiss.

"Damn it." I groan displeasingly.

"You asked for it man." She giggles, before we hop into the ride and speed out of the stadium, heading straight for home; but, not before we pick up some Chinese take out for our long movie night.

Look, if Zara's not going to talk about the possible calamity that could result from our little misguided indulgence then neither am I.

Shit, I can live with it; she can live with it...so we're straight.

 

****

 

"Oh man that was amazing!" A tall, blue eyed brunette stated as she kept her gaze on her camera flipping through the pictures she previously took out.

"Are you sure it was Justin Timberlake?" Her friend, a much shorter blonde asked curiously.

"Positive! Look...right here. That's a perfect view of them." The brunette pointed to the screen and sure enough there was a perfect angled shot of Justin and Zara kissing, with his arms around her waist and her hands draped around his neck.

"Oh wow, you're right. But who's the black girl? She looks kind of chubby too. Why would justin be kissing her?" The blonde asked, arching her nose in disbelief.

"I don't know who she is; I've never heard of her or seen her before. But how great is this? Do you know how much money we're going to get for those photos? Ahh!" The taller friend screamed with excitement.

"I know. I'm kind of happy. Not happy that we're butting into his private business though."

The brunette halted her tracks to look at her friend oddly.

"Are you joking? This is perfect. Just forget it. First thing Monday morning, we're going to the tabloids down in Hollywood. Now drop it. Let's get something to eat." She demands, grabbing her friend and intertwining their arms as they continue making their way out of the stadium grounds.

Shrugging, the shorter girl obliged silently, even though she inwardly felt bad for betraying Justin as a fan, by being an accomplice in exposing his personal life to the public.

 

****

Hours later...

 

Ok, so this time, I loved the kiss that we shared even though it was really awkward how it all happened. I honestly was only trying to mess with Justin and prove a point but it all took a different turn. What did I expect? That a simple kiss with him could just stay on the surface? Secretly, I just used it as an excuse to kiss him. Sad to say it, but he's addictive man. Especially when he darts out his tongue and licks his lips subconsciously. I just find that so sexy. Majority of the time, I don't think he's aware of it either.

I know, I'm the stupidest person alive and I just cheated on my boyfriend of only a month. So I guess that makes me a bitch too. My question is wouldn't you, if given the chance to kiss Justin Timberlake, go along with it? I know that's shallow but I swear on my grave when I say the man is irresistible...now more than ever since he's keeping this ‘kind streak' with me.

Anyway, that's beside the point. I'll deal with Jeremy when the time comes. I'm not sure if I'm going to tell him just yet. We're still so new in the relationship. He really is a nice guy you know? I really do like him. But Jer doesn't make my toes curl and every hair on my body stand on edge like Justin does.

God, I don't know what I'm doing. I messing with dangerous chemicals here that could ignite in my face at any time. I can't have my cake and eat it too. I'm seriously confused and terrified by the consequences of my actions, but every time I look at Justin in those beautiful sea blues of his, I toss all common sense and better judgment to the wind.

 

 

"I'm dying here berry. Like literally in pain." Justin groans, poking my stomach to get my attention.

Bowing my head to get a good look at him, since he's lying down on the couch with his head snuggly in my lap, I just shrug.

"You're acting like you're suffering and this is your worst possible fate." I muse.

"It is!" His eyes light up with mischief as he smiles at me slyly. "Come on, can't I head into the game room with Trace, Mike and Lonnie to play a game of pool instead? You're killing me here." He whines.

"No, I held up my end of the bargain with what I owed you so you're sticking with me through all three movies...and awake too! No sleeping." I scold, passing my hands through his unruly growing hair.

God what am I doing? I mean he's messing with Jessica and Mallory and I'm messing with Jeremy. We can't go around casually kissing on each other like this. Have I lost my mind?

"Please berry, that kiss is long paid off. I stayed silent through Dirty Dancing. ‘The notebook' is just too much. This is torture!"

Have you ever tolerated a whining Justin before? Believe me when I say all I want to do is smother him with the couch pillows.

"Uhhggg. You are beyond annoying Ju. Fine, will this help?" I ask curtly, as I lean down to lay a quick light kiss on his lips when he just lays there looking up at me.

There's a large goofy grin on his face now, as his eyes sparkle with acceptance of my gesture. "Lay another one on me and I'm mute for the rest of the movie. But I can't guarantee that would be enough if you want me to sit consciously through ‘Ghost.'" He supplies.

Giving him a hard poke on his side due to his stubbornness, I relent and lean down, placing another light kiss on his lips, giggling in the process.

I'm so going to burn in hell for this...

"Now shut up." I order and he just smiles smugly nodding his head, before he diverts his attention back to the screen. Well, that was easy.

Begrudgingly rolling my eyes, I grab the take out box on the coffee table deciding to delve into my chicken fried rice as we remain in silence watching the drama and plot unfold in one of my all time favorite love movies to date. What can I say? I'm a romantic sap.

But, am I doing the right thing, by willingly giving into my feelings towards Justin? I mean, it was only last night that I stated we couldn't be kissing and feeling on each other, but here I am going against my own words and he doesn't seem to mind at all. Oh god, and Jeremy. I'm such a horrible person. I know I'm going to pay dearly for my unscrupulous behavior.

You know, this ‘thing' Justin and I have going; I'm not sure what it is exactly or just how far it's going to go, or even how long it will last. I know one thing is certain...It was most definitely unexpected.

 

****

Quotes by: Buddha, Fulton

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story