6 days later...Friday...

Day before VMA's...

At Justin's...

 

Strawberry

 

"Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart. Love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of; love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you."

 

"Explain to me again how you're going to pull this off without anyone finding out."

Glancing over at Trace, I groan from irritation.

"Trace I've told you a million times, I've got it locked down. So don't worry." I reply, running my hands through my growing hair.

"Well, if you asked me, and I know you didn't, but if you did ask, I'd say you're crazy and looking for trouble." JC adds.

Furrowing my eyes at him I smirk. "I didn't ask you Jace. Just because you've been here for the past few days chilling before the VMA's and I've told you what's going on, doesn't mean..." But Trace cuts me off.

"Justin. We are just trying to be good friends here. Bringing Zar-bear with you on your vacation as some private rendezvous is going to backfire. I can feel it. You haven't even asked her yet man. Why doesn't she just break up with Jeremy? You explained you two were feeling each other. So do it the right way and don't sneak around behind people's backs." He reasons. I'm at my wits end with these two. They've been lecturing me for the past how many minutes.

"Trace I've told you why a million times. She can't break up with Jeremy. Besides, I don't want her to. Not yet at least. I mean, the public is on our backs because of those rumored photos you know? Zara can't deal with that type of exposure. I know her. It will destroy her. We can't be together. You know how it goes, with the whole profession, our careers and just everything man. Everything is bad timing. We can't do that to Yolanda either. If we're both in different relationships, the public will lay off a bit. It won't be like that forever. I'm not sure how well I can cope with her and Jeremy together. I want us to be legit, but you know Zara has self issues. I can't put her through that." I try to explain but JC is just shaking his head at me and Trace rolls his eyes at me.

"Ok Justin. We understand your motives here. You're trying to protect each other, your careers and Yolanda. But, dude if this gets out it will do ten times more damage. What about Mallory? I thought you said she's your girlfriend now." Trace stands to face me and I grimace a bit. I forgot about that slight detail.

"I only did that when I thought Zara wanted nothing to do with me ever again. I just wanted attention..."

"And now?" He probes.

"And now things are different. Besides, it's not serious with Mallory." I try to convince him.

"It's serious to her Justin. Damn it. You and Zara are fucked up. I can't believe you're willing to hurt these people just so you can be together. How selfish is that?" Trace retorts.

Before I can respond JC interjects. "It's not selfish Trace. They're in love. People do crazy shit to be together when they're in love." Josh supplies and I can't help but laugh in his face. Love? I haven't been in love for a long time now. I've been hurt too many times to put my heart on the line like that again. It's not that simple. No, berry and I like each other. It's the attraction that's fueling our desire, not love.

"Na man. It's not love." I tell JC but he just smiles at me.

"Not yet maybe. But give it time man." He says and I frown. Me? In love with Zara? She...she's not even my type. She's far from it in fact. Ok, so opposites attract, but what kind of life or relationship would we have? People are always going to look down on us and judge us. I'm not sure I'm willing to deal with that.

"Whatever..." I snap before I hear my door bell ring. Talk about save by the bell. I was beginning to get annoyed by this conversation. I'm a little curious as to who is ringing my front door though. That's not possible unless they got past the estate gates, and very few persons know the code. Excusing myself, I leave Trace and JC in my living room and amble to the front door.

Before I can get to the door, Buckley and Brennan come running, nearly tripping me over in the process. Laughing, I bend down to pet them briefly.

"Hey guys, be good ok? Daddy's going to answer the door. No attacking daddy's guest." I warn, and I'm sure in their way they understand me. Brennan whimpers licking me a few times before Buckley leads them away.

Standing up straight, I brush my hands against my gym shorts before I swing the door open.

 

 

"Berry?" I ask stunned a bit. Well I know she has the code for the gates so that mystery is solved. But, what is she doing standing on my door step? Isn't she supposed to be at Yolanda's radio interview with her? I know it's scheduled for today. Glancing over her shoulder I see no sign of transportation. How did she even get here and where's her precious ‘gym boy'? "What are you doing here?" I inquire.

Lifting her head to look at me I notice the tear stains on her cheek. What the hell happened to her? "I...I'm sorry. Is this a bad time?" She chokes out.

"No. I was just chilling with the guys, come in." I step aside to let her in still a bit perplexed. Shutting the door, I take in her form. Why is it that every time I see her she looks sick? Something is going on with her that she's not telling me about.

When we make our way into the living room, I notice the expressions on Trace and Josh's face. They instantly tell her hi and excuse themselves to another part of the house. I could see the shock on her face when she noticed JC, but she didn't react to him in any way like she did when she met him a few days ago. Ok, this is Zara. I'm surprised she didn't jump him considering how much she ‘loves' him. Something is definitely wrong with her.

Ushering her to take a seat, I turn to look at her closely. Her head is down and she's fiddling with her nails...again. I'm starting to get used to it though. "Berry..."

"Before you say anything Justin I'm letting you know that, Yolanda is at her interview now with some of your other bodyguards so she's safe. When she's done, she'll be heading down to the rehearsal halls to prepare for her performance tomorrow night at the VMA's. I called a cab to drop me here because I wasn't sure if you'd be home or what and I needed to see you." She explains.

Rubbing my forehead I sigh heavily. "Ok, but you could have called me to come get you or have Jeremy bring you." I suggest noticing her scowl.

"I don't want that jerk to bring me anywhere." She snaps, locking eyes with me. Ah, so this is about gym boy. I should have known. "He's not even home." She adds sadly.

"What's wrong berry?" I touch her leg lightly and she instantly shrugs her shoulders.

"We had a fight." She explains and I can feel the instant nausea taking over. That's it? I'm not a fucking babysitter or counselor. Why did she come here of all places? I really don't care to know about her and Jeremy. I'm already having a hard time coping with the entire situation.

"Uh...ok...."

"About you Justin."

Wow, I wasn't expecting that.

"What about me?" I ask.

"He, well, he doesn't want me to take the extra job to work for you because he thinks we'll be spending enough time together as it is. He still thinks we don't fully get along, but he's kind of questioning how we are with each other."

"And you said?" I probe, signaling my hands for her to continue. This could work in my favor. I know that sounds bad, but hey, he has no idea that pissing her off is just bringing her right to me.

"I told him I didn't have a choice."

"Yes you do have a choice. I mean, I know what he's saying berry. There'll be times when Yolanda won't be around at all and it will just be you and me if you're going to be my assistant." I explain, but frown when I see a smile play on her face. Oh, now I get it. She really doesn't care does she? So why was she crying? Grinning back at her, I shake my head in amusement. "Ok Zara. I get it. I kind of feel bad for the guy now. You're conniving. So why were you crying?"

"Well, while I was on my way over here I was thinking about everything and I don't know. I guess the pressure of how chaotic this life is going to be finally got to me. I'm scared Justin. Not just for failing at my job, but for how the public will perceive me. You know how it is in Hollywood. If you're not a size 0 then..." I instantly cut her off. Now, things are becoming clearer.

"Berry don't. You're beautiful the way you are so just...stop." I warn.

"You never thought that before." She scoffs.

"That was then. This is now. You're well aware of how I feel about you now. I was shallow ok? And in denial. Someone would have to be crazy to not see the beauty that's oozing out of you." That was the corniest most cheesiest thing I've ever said in a long while, but she's giggling so it worked. But I'm wondering if I should tell her about Mallory. I mean we're going back home in a few days. Things are going to be awkward.

"You're sweet Ju." She smiles, leaning forward and kissing my cheek.

 

 

"I just gave the compliment of the century and all I get is a kiss on the cheek?" I mock a hurt expression causing Zara to smack my arm roughly. "Ow that hurt girl!" I belt, rubbing the sore spot.

"You really are full of shit Justin." She smirks.

"So are you and every other living person." I retort, chuckling when she makes a disgusting face.

"Damn Ju. You're nasty. But whatever." She rests her back on the couch making herself more comfortable and I can't help but allow my eyes to roam over her figure. I was right with what I told her a few days ago. She really is losing weight. I'm a little skeptical to bring up the topic again, but her eyes always look so heavy. I hope she isn't still taking those weight loss bars I remember her showing me some time back. If she's taking them and not eating properly it could fuck her up. But, I like happy Zara. I'm not about to spoil her mood with this topic.

"Do you have any plans for later?" I suddenly voice.

"No. Jeremy is out whole day. I organized my outfit with Yolanda's stylist for tomorrow so I'm straight. Jer should be back some time tonight, but we're not really speaking to each other right now. He just pissed me off so bad. I hate when people try to tell me what to do..." She rants and all I can do is nod in acknowledgement. The guy has a point. Even though he's not threatened by me just yet he has a right to feel uncomfortable with his girl spending so much time with another man. But I'm really considering firing him as Yolanda's personal trainer to get rid of him. Too bad I have to wait for that sweet satisfaction. It really is amazing how time changes everything in a person's life.

"Hey, I thought you had stuff to prepare for the VMA's tomorrow night." Zara suggests.

"No. I only had to tailor my suit I'm going to wear. I did it with my stylist this morning so I'm free for the rest of the day. I think you need a pick me up." I stand from my seating position, pulling her up with me.

"Like what?" she asks curiously and I shrug.

"I have something I want to show you. Can you wait a few minutes for me to shower and change?" I ask hopefully.

"Only if I get to pull up in your room and watch you strut your stuff while doing a Michael Jackson impression." She jokes and I groan but smile nonetheless.

"Ok deal, but I honestly don't think you can handle me, or handle seeing all of me for that matter. You might have a heart attack or faint." I reply confidently.

"Oh please Ju. Cocky much?"

"Ah ‘cocky' I am, but confidence I display." I wink at Zara when her mouth hangs open.

"Oh my god. I didn't mean it like that! You're so rude Justin! Damn! Besides, I don't see how you having a ‘pencil' is related to your ‘cockiness'."

Oh she wants to play like that eh? Well two can play at that game. Leaning forward I lick my lips slowly inching down to her face. I smirk when her breath catches in her throat and just before our lips connect, I shift my head to the side to whisper in her ears. "I'm pretty sure you know, considering you've felt me, even if you haven't seen just ‘yet', that I'm not working with just a pencil berry." I finish my statement with a light kiss on her earlobe then pull away to get a good look at her. She's dazed again, just glaring at me with wide eyes.

Feeling satisfied with her stunned expression, I grip her arms tightly pulling her along with me up the stairs and towards my room.

 

****

Hours later...Hollywood LA....

 

It's strange how everything Justin does and says reminds me of sex. I think, no, I know that it's only a matter of time before I lose this battle of restraint within myself and I jump the man. I'd take him anywhere at anytime. I sound like a nymphomaniac. But after our endless make out sessions, the tension and pressure just keeps building. Is it wrong to use Jeremy as a substitute and outlet for my infatuation with Justin? I know now that I'm using the man. He's just a placement holder until I can have Justin. I feel like I've changed. The Jahzara of a few months ago would never be so despiteful and uncaring. I'm not sure how or when it happened but I don't fancy it. I'm becoming tainted and corrupted and I've barely been exposed to this lifestyle. What's going to happen to me when I'm engrossed in it?

 

I'd like to think that Justin would be what I need but he's just as screwed up in the head. He's a completely different person outside of the office. He definitely knows how to turn on the professional side when he's at work. Right now, I'm nervous and curious about how things will be when we get back to Florida. He won't go back to ignoring me. I won't be the invisible employee whose name he never learned. So, how are we going to be with each other? We'll be back to our separate lives for the most part. Was our time out here in LA only just for a season? I don't want it to be.

 

When we were up in Justin's room late this morning and he was getting ready for us to go out, he seemed so comfortable around me. I've said this before but he really does you know? He uncaringly stripped down to his boxers and did strut around singing ‘The Way You Make Me Feel' by Michael Jackson to me, causing me to break out into laughter until he disappeared into the bathroom. It was too cute. But, when he exited, dripping wet with only a towel around his waist that's when my nerves acted up. That's when I realized that the opportunity, where anything we desired could take place at that very moment, hung in the air. I'm almost certain he realized the awkwardness of the situation because he suddenly turned shy with me. And you know what? That was my cue to exit. I swear I bolted for that door faster than the speed of light. That makes me wonder. We go around flirting with each other, but we never carry anything further. How do you explain that? Maybe we're not as comfortable with each other as we thought...

 

 

"Quit dragging me Justin!" I whine, as I cast my vision downward to the hold he has on my hand. Staring up, I'm greeted with his t-shirt clad back as he continues to pull me along in the overcrowded mall. We've visited many stores today just browsing out in Hollywood but when we finally got to this mall a case of ‘Speedy Gonzalez' took over him.

"Berry, we need to get in and out. I can't have us getting attacked by crazy people." He laughs, with Mike and Lonnie in tow.

"They're your crazy fans." I retort.

"True and I love them, but not when they are groping at my body like some piece of meat." He adds and I'm quick to reply.

"Well, I don't blame them. You're some good white meat Justin..." But I drift off when I catch myself. Oh no, I can feel the blush rising in my cheeks. Did he hear me? I'm not sure.

Smacking into his back, I'm assuming he did hear. He just stopped walking suddenly. Turning around to face me his blues stare directly into my hazels. I can't place his expression for the life of me.

"What did you say? Good white meat eh?" he asks as his lips curl into a smirk. "Interesting. Very interesting berry."

And just like that he whips around, pulling me along as we pass endless stores and questionable stares from people who recognize there is a famous superstar in their midst. Unfortunately, Justin doesn't stop to acknowledge anyone right now. He's a man on a mission and my wrist is paying for it.

"Why are we even in the mall? And let me go Justin. I can walk on my own!" I belt.

"You're too slow." He states flatly but before I can protest, he drops my hand as he stands in front of a store looking in. "We're here." He voices and I see the large grin on his face.

"Here? Here where?" I inquire, rubbing at my throbbing wrist. Shit, for a skinny white boy he's really strong. I feel his hand grip under my chin forcing my head up to the sign of the store.

Slowly reading the name my brows furrow in confusion but then I begin to smile widely. "That actually exists?" I giggle and he shakes his head, pulling me into the store.

 

 

A short girl who looks no older than eighteen approaches us with a warm smile on her face. "Hi! And welcome to the Strawberry store." She greets us politely and I can't help but laugh out loud. He's crazy. Justin is really crazy. I can't believe he brought me here just to show me there's a store with that name.

"Hey..." Justin bends down to read her name tag. "Ashley. Uh, my friend and I just wanted to look around. I believe your manager has been expecting us?" He adds and I turn to him with astonishment.

"Oh yes, Mr. Timberlake. We closed down the store as you requested. My boss is very pleased that you chose to shop here today. He says to take a much time as you need."

"Ok Thanks a lot Ashley." Justin turns to me to see my reaction but I'm a little stunned. When did he do this? He closed down the entire store just for me? Why?

"Sure thing. Let me know if you need my help with anything." Ashley states before she walks away, leaving us alone to look around the store.

"So, do you like what I had to show you?" Justin whispers in my ears and I shiver a bit.

"Uh huh." I mutter. "But I'm wondering. Are there stores named, oh I don't know...Mango or Guava?" I muse watching as he shakes his head at me.

"Are you serious?" He's laughing heartily now. "Those fruits don't have appealing names for stores that sell merchandise. You're something else Zara." He jokes, still laughing lightly.

"Why thank you. I just can't believe this store is named Strawberry though. Why did you bring me here?" I inquire awaiting his response.

"Well I figured my berry could use some strawberry accessories. I think they go perfectly together. Don't you?" He asks in a low grunt. God, he's too close to me right now. How would the workers feel if I stripped Justin naked and fucked him right there in the store? I'm betting they would love the front row seats.

"Uh...I guess..." trailing off, I move away from him and begin scanning the racks of clothes and accessories while he diverts his attention to Lonnie and Mike.

 

 

There are clothes, bags, shoes, fragrances...everything...you name it. And the prices aren't so bad either. It's a really trendy store. I like it but, but, I'm beginning to get uncomfortable. Pulling out a cute, green, v-neck tight top with print, I frown slightly. Scanning some more items, I begin to scowl and turn on my heal heading straight for the exit but Justin grabs me by the waist on my way out stopping me.

"Hey! Where are you going? I thought you were looking around." He states but I ignore him trying to wriggle my way out of his grasp. "Berry stop it. What's come over you?"

Turning to face him I notice the shock on his face.

"Ber are you crying?" Justin inquires, using his free hand to wipe under my eyes while his other hand remains planted firmly around my waist.

"No." I lie.

"Yes you are. Why? What's wrong?"

"Can we just go please?"

"But you haven't gotten anything yet. Knock yourself out. I'm buying." He explains with a reassuring smile.

"I don't want you to buy anything for me Justin. I don't need you to spend your money on me." I snap and he instantly lets me go.

"But it's ok for ‘Jer' to buy shit for you and I can't?" He sneers.

Breathing deeply, I shut my eyes momentarily. "Justin. I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry. I don't like anyone spending money on me. It makes me feel like a charity case. Please let's not do this now in public. I hate arguing with you." I explain, fluttering my eyes open. He's silent, but he's still studying me, searching for an explanation I'm not willing to give.

"She's right Justin. You all need to watch how you interact in public. You know Johnny is working on those photos for you two." Mike reasons and I breathe a sigh of relief when I notice Justin visibly relax by his words.

"Fine. But why were you crying Zara?" He just won't leave this alone will he? I wasn't even crying. My eyes just watered up a bit. He's so dramatic. I can't really lie to him though. It's strange.

"Well..." I look down in shame. "I...well...all this stuff is nice but it's not really my type." I begin.

"Are you kidding? I've seen you wear stuff like this on countless occasions. What's your problem?" He just doesn't understand. He never will. I'm getting angry because of it too.

"Damn it Justin! It's simple. None of these clothes come in my size ok? Are you happy now? Shit!" I hiss, moving away from him and calling the Ashley girl over, when I see a glimpse of her in the backroom area of the store.

"Berry, yes they do." He retorts looking at me like I'm crazy.

"What? Are you blind? Look at me Justin! Look at me and look at the clothes they sell here."

"Ok, Zara you're making a big deal out of nothing. Just pick out a few bags and shoes and some fragrances and body stuff. It's no big deal really." He tries to calm me down but I can feel the rage within me rising.

"You'll never understand Justin. You're not a woman. You're not me. I've had to deal with weight issues my entire life. Now I'm finally losing some but it's still not enough." I surrender, my voice suddenly turning weak. I can't do this. I can't be like this anymore. I need to be stronger than that. Justin can't know just how self conscious I am. He'd never understand. He's just...He's too much of a guy to understand.

"Berry, just relax ok?" He walks over to me but we're interrupted by Ashley.

"Is everything ok? Can I help in any way?" She's looking at me strangely. I guess my eyes are red and puffy or maybe she's trying to figure out how a woman of my build could possibly set foot in this store.

"Do you have any nice outfits to fit my friend?" Justin smiles for the young girl and my mouth hangs open. Oh my god he did not! What is he trying to do? Humiliate me to death?

"Actually we do. Our sizes have a large range." She smiles brightly and Justin gives me an ‘I-told-you-so' look. Is that supposed to make me feel better? Because it doesn't.

Studying me intently Ashley shrugs, tapping her feet lightly against the tiled floor. Snapping her fingers, she grins at me before she holds my hand softly to pull me along with her on the other side of the store that I didn't have a chance to survey. Ok, now I'm beginning to feel embarrassed by my sudden outburst but it wasn't my fault you know?

Turning around, I mouth an ‘I'm sorry' to Justin who just waves me off with a smug smile on his face. I guess I'm going to have to get used to all of this. I'm praying for strength. It's going to be easier said than done though.

 

 

After hours of shopping and carrying endless shopping bags, we finally make it back to Justin's home some time in the early evening. It's going to be dark out soon so, I should maybe have Justin drop me at Jeremy's. But, after plopping down on his couch, I have no intentions of getting up anytime soon.

"I'm exhausted." I mumble into a couch pillow.

"You should be after you got into the swing of things. I had to literally drag you out of the damn store." Justin chuckles, taking a seat next to me and handing me a wine cooler.

Thanking him, I instantly take a sip moaning with pleasure. "Mmmm....strawberry flavored. It's good, but what's with you today? Are you developing a fetish for strawberries all of a sudden?" I question him.

Moving closer to me he gives me a sly smile before he leans in and brushes his lips delicately against mine. "Not strawberries. But the whole concept of you wearing them in some smell or form." He groans, kissing me lightly again.

"Justin stop. We're in your living room." I warn with a light moan, pushing at his chest.

"So? no one is home. Trace and JC left. Yolanda is out doing her thing and Mike and Lonnie are outside on the grounds. It's just you and me berry." He coos, pulling me to sit on his lap.

"Let me go Ju. I'm too heavy to be sitting on you...I'll crush you." I try to move off him but he keeps his death grip on me smacking my butt harshly and causing me to yelp.

"Just shut up Zara. I'm fed up of your weight comments. You're not hideously obese. You're attractive and beautiful and thick yet toned and curvaceous and...." His words are muffled when he nestles his head in the crook of my neck inhailing deeply. Kissing on my skin lightly, I can hear him growl lowly as he begins licking down my neck. Oh man, he really needs to stop this. I can feel myself getting turned on.

"But Ju..."

"No...buts....berry." He mumbles, snaking his hands under my shirt and caressing my lower back.

"Ju, Why?" I suddenly ask, lifting my hand to bring the wine cooler to my lips. Taking a large gulp, I swallow hard as he stops what he's doing to my neck to stare at me distractedly.

"Why what?"

"Why the attraction between us? Why the deception to the people around us? Why me? Why are you willing to risk everything for me? I mean, why this? Why all this? Why...why everything? I don't get it. Why are we doing this Justin?" I have really bad timing but I need to know.

Scratching his head in thought he rests back away from me, fixing me in his lap. "Well, I don't know. I guess you can't control your emotions or who you have feelings for. In our case, I'm willing to risk it because I think you're worth it. I think, if given the chance we could actually have something special despite what people may say. I know we're going about it the wrong way and might end up hurting people in the process but I think it's worth it. Don't you?" He smiles at me, licking his lips.

"I...yeah." I sigh. I can't deny him. I can't deny myself either. I know what I want, what I need and it's Justin. There are no questions asked.

"I mean I know everything between us happened suddenly and awkwardly but I think it happened for a reason and I don't regret it at all. I certainly don't regret the night we danced at Tim's club. It was meant to happen. We wouldn't be here together if it didn't. I also can't wait to act out the most famous words of Jay holiday that's been playing in my mind since that night at Tim's club." He divulges and chuckles when I give him a confused look.

"What are you talking about?" I ask. I'm not following. I'm completely lost right now.

"It's nothing. Forget about it." He laughs.

"Whatever Ju." I giggle, dismissing his craziness.

"But for what it's worth Zara, you'll always be my strawberry no matter what happens ok? No one can change that or take your place." He coos, caressing my cheeks softly as his eyes lighten significantly. Oh that's sexy.

"Aww you're sweet. You'll always by my Ju no matter what." I add.

"I better be." He threatens, grinning in the process.

"You know it." I touch his chest lightly and he turns serious again.

"You know. I'm starting to think that strawberry might be my new favorite fruit. But you know what's even sweeter than that?" He asks, rubbing at my sides softly.

"Sweeter than me? What?" I fake a hurt expression deciding to entertain him. Justin is such a goof. He has the sweetest shy smile on his face right now.

"Well..." He pretends to think for a moment before he pulls me closer to him as he lowers his tone, his voice becoming deeper than usual. "I happen to think that strawberry dipped in chocolate is the ultimate sweet, cavity worthy, sugar rush." He beams, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I'm too shocked to even speak right now. I'm a little speechless. My mind is riling with dirty thoughts right now.

"And guess what." He adds as mischief twinkles in his eyes.

"What?" I choke out.

"I have the perfect mixture of both sitting right on top of me this very second. I don't know berry..." He shrugs. "I'm getting ideas. I think I might need a taste so I don't go insane or something." He suggests with a straight face. I can see he's stifling his laugh when realization hits me. He's talking about me?! Oh my god! That was the sexiest most tempting thing ever! He's so mean.

"Too late. You're already crazy. Nothing will help your situation." I muse.

"Oh really. I beg to differ. Come here woman." He growls and I instantly jump off his lap backing away.

"Get away Justin!" I giggle as he lunges for me.

"Not until I get a taste. Come on. One taste. Fruits are healthy for you. You're denying me one of my basic food groups." He latches unto me and I scream out.

"Oh my god! You're sick Justin! Stop!" I laugh as he tackles me to the ground tickling my sides. "Ah stop! I can't breathe. You're going to make me pee my pants." I get out through coughs.

"Ha! Ok. I don't want that to happen. I'll behave." He stops tickling me and we regain our steady breathing.

So, I'm lying on my back on his living room floor and he's propped up on his elbows hovering over me just staring. I think I have an idea what's going to happen next...if my cell didn't choose to go off at the most inconvenient time.

Sighing, Justin groans and rolls off me, pulling me to my feet. When I grab the device I notice the caller ID flashing in yellow lights. "It's Jeremy." I state sadly, ignoring the call.

"Right. Jeremy." Justin snaps coldly. "I'll take you...‘home' then."

"Ju..."

"It's fine. It's...it's for the best at least for now right? Don't worry about it berry. Just let me grab my keys and we'll be out." He kisses me lightly on my lips and refrains from making any eye contact as he grabs his keys off the coffee table.

But it's not fine. Nothing is fine. Nothing is ok. Everything is wrong. I don't like how things are rolling. I don't want this to turn into some clandestine love affair. But, by the hurt in Justin's eyes and look of despair on his face due to our little interruption, I can't help but feel that things are only going to get more complicated. But you know what? I'm not about to let Justin go under any circumstances. We'll get through the obstacles. We have to.

 

****

Quotes by: Unknown

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story