Hours later...

Late Saturday night...

At the After party...

Hollywood, LA

 

One Step Closer - Part 2

 

"Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in heart. If they can't get close enough to hurt you, they can't get close enough to love you. Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over."

 

Oh my god, I still can't believe how incredible Yolanda's performance was. She nailed it too. I knew there was nothing to worry about. She wore this cute, cat woman meets dominatrix suit on stage while she strutted her stuff with her twenty something dancers. Her style is a cross between R&B and pop so it worked perfectly. Then again, Timbaland and Justin produced the song so it was perfect. The crowd gave her a standing ovation and I'm betting by this time next year when the VMA's roll around again, she'll be winning some of her very own moon men.

 

"Strawberry Margarita please." I yell over the blaring music to the bartender. Justin dragged me to the after party so I really had no choice. I'm sitting at the bar alone while he and Trace are off somewhere in the mass of hot celebrity bodies mingling with Yolanda. Justin just loves showing her off as his masterpiece. She seems to be ok with it too. Rachel left early to head home so she could check up on Buckley and Brennan. Of course, she scolded Justin about not spending enough time with them before she left.

"Coming right up hun." The cute African American tender tells me. I love his dark brown eyes and smooth chocolate completion. Giving him a sweet smile, I gaze around the room just as someone comes up next to me.

"How are you tonight Miss. Gilmore?" The man asks and I finally turn to see who knows me. My mouth instantly gapes open in utter shock. Oh my god! Dreams do come true!

"Robin Thicke?" I squeak out excitedly.

Laughing softly he shakes his head in agreement. "Nice to finally meet you." He gives me a sincere smile and I frown.

"Wait, how do you know me and what do you mean by finally?" I question and he shrugs, pointing into the crowd. Following his line of sight, I land on Trace who's looking over with a triumphant smile on his face. That little...ah...I love my Tracey-poo right about now.

"Oh." I begin to blush as he takes a seat next to me.

"I heard you were a big fan. It's always good to meet people who appreciate your music and what you do." He lifts my hand placing a light kiss on the back before he drops it back down on my lap. Oh, I think the heat in the room just intensified. Is anyone witnessing this? It's freaking Robin Thicke! I'm more star struck than when I met JC. Speaking of, I haven't seen him for the night. I guess he's around somewhere doing his thing.

"O-Oh." I'm sorry, that's all I can get out right now. I'm trying to not burst out into a high pitched scream.

"Are you ok?" he eyes me.

"Uh...yeah." I mutter just as the bartender brings my drink.

Thanking him, I pull out a credit card to pay but Robin stops me. "I've got it." He grins at me, paying and tipping the bartender.

Breathing deeply I mutter a thanks and take a large gulp of my drink hearing him chortle. "What?" I ask innocently.

"You're sweet when you're nervous, but I'm no one to be nervous around. Believe me."

Oh my freaking god! Is he flirting with me? Breathe Jahzara. Not knowing how to respond to that statement, I take another slurp of the Margarita in my hands just as I notice Justin coming over.

 

 

"Hey berry let's bounce." Justin voices, staring directly at me.

"What? But we just got here a while ago." I say sadly, giving Robin an apologetic smile. Whipping around, Justin glares directly at him finally realizing that I have company.

"Hey man." Justin gives him a manly shake as they say hi. "You don't mind if I steal her away do you." He states rather than asks. Robin shakes his head no, ordering a drink for himself and I could just slap Justin this very second. That was rude.

"Cool, let's drags berry. I've met everyone I needed to meet." He holds unto my arm pulling me away from the perfect god-like specimen sitting on the bar stool who just flirted with me! Or maybe I was reading too much into it? No, he was definitely flirting. But isn't he married? No matter, I don't want to go yet. I hate my life.

"Bye Robin! It was nice meeting you! I'll see you around!" I wave bye to him and he smiles for me, before Justin and I disappear into the crowd.

"No you won't." I hear Justin mumble as we near the exit.

"What?" I scream over the loud music and chattering.

"You won't see him around." He explains.

 

 

Rolling my eyes, I allow Justin to pull me along as I continue to sip on my drink. Finally out of the club, we make our way past the paparazzi with his bodyguards and they ensure we are safely in the limo before they slam the door shut and the limo pulls out from its parking spot - into the street.

Looking out the window at the fading hysteria, I glance back over at Justin casually playing with the straw in my mouth. "What's going on? Why didn't Mike, Lonnie, Yolanda and Trace come along?" I enquire but he ignores me. Well I'm going to assume they have another way to get home obviously. He's boring a hole into me with his stare but he's not talking.

"Earth to Justin." I wave my hand in front of his face and he suddenly grips it, placing it at my side before he scoots closer to me. "Are you going through another bi-polar phase?" I muse but he doesn't laugh. He doesn't even crack a smile. Ok, I'm getting worried now. "Are we going home?" I try my luck again and thankfully, he answers me by shaking his head ‘no'. "Ok then." Since he's being bi-polar with me, I decide to divert my attention out the window while I continue to sip on my drink. That is, until he yanks it out of my grasp studying the concoction closely.

He takes a sip from it, finally cracking a lopsided grin. "Now who has the fetish with strawberries?" He jokes finishing off my drink. I scoff at him but refrain from protesting. I'm more curious to know where we are heading.

"I always did Justin incase you haven't realized. All my fragrances, shampoos, drinks, everything is strawberry flavored, or has a hint or has strawberry as an ingredient." I divulge and he nods knowingly.

"I know. Listen I need to tell you something and ask you a few things." He explains, grasping my full attention. Turning to face him, I lift my dress, crossing my legs indian style on the plush leather seats.

"Shoot."

"Alright. Well firstly I've always wondered about your parents. Where are they? Don't you all get along? I know it's you and Malcolm but..."

Raising my hand to stop him I smile weakly. "They're six feet under the earth sadly."

"Oh...wow...I...I'm sorry...I shouldn't have..."

"No it's cool. They died in a car accident when I was a little girl so it wasn't so bad you know? Because, I was too young to fully understand. I still have some faint memories of them though."

"I'm so sorry berry. It must have been hard growing up. Every kid needs their parents."

"Yeah well, I had Malcolm and my Aunt Patrice who took care of us most of our younger lives until she migrated to the Caribbean with her husband. I guess that's why Malcolm and I are so close. We're really all we have."

"I can understand that. Well thanks for sharing. I was curious." He admits, coming closer to me.

"It's cool." I wipe at my dry eyes willing away any feeling to cry. There's no point in crying now. It won't change a thing.

 

 

"Ok the other thing I need to ask you is about Jeremy." Justin shifts uncomfortably and I stare at him interestingly.

"What about Jeremy?"

"Well uh..." pulling at his tie, he loosens it around his neck before he begins unbuttoning his jacket. "Have you...I mean have the two of you ever..." He trails off, swallowing the rest of his words nervously.

"Had sex?" I blurt out. Justin is cute when he's embarrassed.

"Yeah." He sighs.

"Yes we have." I reply honestly.

"What!?" He yells, glaring at me stunned. Ok, I wasn't expecting that response. I thought this was sharing time? I mean shit, he fucked Mallory and I heard everything. Why is he bitching?

"What is your problem?" I snap.

"When? How did this happen? I can't fucking believe this." He huffs, pushing back in his seat.

"He's my boyfriend remember? It's not like I cheated on you Justin!" I remind him, watching as his mood flips.

"You might as well have." He hisses, crossing his arms over his chest in anger. What crawled up his ass?

"What the fuck is wrong with you Justin? You really are bi-polar huh? God, I don't see how you can sit here and get angry when I overheard you and Mallory..."

"Just shut up Zara. That's different."

"Oh it is? This I want to hear." I laugh sarcastically at him.

"Just forget it. I have no more questions. I know enough." He sneers, looking out the window. Justin is so childish. I mean, he couldn't possibly be hurt by learning about me and Jeremy right? What did he think, we go around kissing each other on the cheek and giving light hugs?

 

 

"Fine. What did you have to tell me Justin?" I nudge him and he inhales deeply, turning to face me again. Well, there you go. I'm convinced he's bi-polar. His mood just switched again. He looks nervous, almost apprehensive now. All the anger he had a second ago is practically gone. Talk about from one extreme to another.

"I asked Mallory to be my girlfriend." He drawls, searching my eyes for a reaction. What? He wants me to bawl and say how could he and profess some unrequited love for him? Yeah right. They were practically a couple anyway. So they gave their relationship a title now. Big surprise. "Berry do you even care?" He asks, touching my shoulders lightly.

"Not really. I'm not surprised." I lie, shrugging away from him. Of Course I care; I care a whole fucking lot, but, I don't want to think of how fucked up we both are right now.

"God you're confusing. But whatever. I'm just letting you know."

"Where are we going Justin?" I inquire, needing a change of topic before I literally scream out in frustration.

"You'll see; we're almost there."

 

Suddenly, the limo comes to a halt and the grin that was on his face earlier is back. I hear the limo driver announce ‘we're here' and as I look out the window to figure out where we are, all I can see is pitch black with a few lingering lights in the distance.

"You're not going to murder me are you Justin?" I joke and he just arches his brows at me before he swings the door open and pulls me out with him.

Finally adjusting to my surroundings, I realize we're on a pier.

"Wow, what are we doing here?" I ask in awe as I look around the large illuminated pier, seeing all the anchored boats and yachts and hearing the waves crash against the wooden fort.

"You'll see. Come on." Gripping my hand tightly, Justin leads me down the wooden pier leaving his limo driver behind. It's not long before I hear the vehicle come to life and pull away. Ok, now I'm panicking. Maybe he is going to kill me. Maybe Justin is psychotic too. Oh god I hope not.

"Relax." He chuckles. "I'm not going to hurt you...yet." He laughs out loud throwing his head back when I hit his shoulder.

"Not helping Ju."

"I thought you trust me." He pouts.

"I do, but this place is eerily quiet."

"I thought you liked quiet."

"I do, just, shut up Justin." I giggle.

"Ok, well, we're here." He voices as we come to a halt in the middle of the pier.

"What? Here where?" I ask looking around.

"Why do you always ask me that? Here berry, look." He turns me around to face a large white Yacht and my eyes bulge out of their sockets.

"Oh my god!" I clasp my hands over my mouth as I feel the tears rapidly coming to the surface. "What is this?" I choke out in awe.

"You like it?" He has a warm smile on his face as he takes in my reactions.

"I love it but...but...oh my god!" I mutter, too shocked to really process what's happening.

"I thought you might." He beams, pulling me to the stairs of the Yacht.

"Justin it has my name...well sort of" I belt. It really does. It has on the side J.T's Berry written in big bold letters with the drawing of the strawberry fruit and my initials J.G. inside the fruit. Oh my god. What is wrong with him? Why did he do this? Holy shit. Oh my god! Is he insane? "Oh my god!" I scream again, rushing up the stairs and leaving Justin behind.

 

 

Standing on the deck, I look around still feeling like I'm in some sort of dream. The wooden floor under my feet is carved to perfection, giving off a radiant glow. It's ‘out of this world'.

Justin finally comes into sight and he's enjoying seeing me act like an idiot. He just won't stop laughing will he?

"Justin are you crazy? How could you spend your money on me like this?" I inquire as the tears begin to flow freely now.

He instantly seizes his laugher and a frown is now plastered on his adorable face. "You don't like it?"

"I...I told you I love it but why?"

"Well I explained I would take me forever to make up for how I've hurt you. I meant what I said berry. Every word. I really am sorry for hurting you. I figured this would be a good start." He shrugs, walking around me to look out over the balcony.

"So you bought me Yacht?!" I scream incredulously. Are you shitting me? This is unbelievable. What would anyone say if they found out? God, people will think we really do have something going on. I could kick him for being so stupid but that was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. That man is truly something special to do all this for me.

"Yeah, calm down girl." He chortles, coming over to me and gripping unto my waist. "Should I assume those to be tears of joy?"

"No. Yes. I don't know! Thank you Justin. This is the sweetest thing ever. I'm just so shocked. Oh my god. I can't believe you got me a Yacht. Wait, how do we get it back to Florida?" I ask curiously.

"Don't worry about it. I've got it covered. And you're welcome. Just enjoy your time with it now. Come on let's get inside so I can show you around." He leans down and kisses my lips softly but for some reason I don't want him to pull away. Latching unto his neck I feel his breath catch in his throat as he tries to pull away.

"Berry stop. Let me show you around." He mutters against my lips, before he breaks away.

Smiling sheepishly, I allow him to lead me inside and I instantly get a whiff of my signature sent. He really went all out. But what does it all mean? The décor has a light strawberry red and white color scheme. All the couches are off white with clear protective covers so they don't get dirty. There's a cute light red velvet rug and everything is just so beautiful and plush. I still can't believe he did this. I can't believe this is mine. Justin never ceases to surprise or amaze me.

 

****

 

I knew she'd love my surprise. You have no idea the shit I had to do to pull this off. Trace said I was crazy and whipped but how is that possible when Zara and I never even had sex? I guess that just makes the term all the more worse for me. I still can't believe she and Jeremy fucked. I'm royally pissed off by that and green with jealously. If I didn't hate him before, I certainly hate gym boy now. He has to go. No if, ands or buts about it.

On a side note, I just had to get out that Yolanda kicked ass tonight and I'm very proud of her. But that's the last thing on my mind right now...

I spent the first few minutes giving berry the grand tour and we're now seating on the overly huge couch sipping on champagne. This is how we should always be. Getting along and not at each other's throats. I'm starting to question my feelings towards her. I mean, I never got my other girlfriends a Yacht before. This is a first for me and Zara's not even my girlfriend. I've bought past girlfriends lavish gifts like cars and jewelry, but there's just something a little more personal and intimate about your own private Yacht. Damn I sound pathetic. I really do.

I mean she's with her gym boy and I'm with Mallory, but, but somehow I'm willing to look past that. I think Zara and I both know we want to be with each other even if we don't voice it. I also think we both know our relationships are just for show to keep the public off our backs for now. I'm very well aware that we are being deceitful to the person's involved but at this point in time with the way I'm feeling, I could risk it.

 

 

"So, where are we sailing to first?" She jokes, sipping on her champagne lightly.

"Well, I was thinking...how about the Caribbean?" I honestly ask. I haven't asked her to come on vacation with me yet, but I think I'll ask her now.

Tensing, she places her glass down on the center table. "My Aunt lives in the Caribbean." She grumbles in a ruthful manner.

"I'm aware of that now." I add. I thought she'd be happy. At least she'd get to visit her aunt right? So why is she so uptight?

"We don't really get along Ju. I can't even remember the last time I heard her voice. All she sends are the occasional post cards."

"Oh...well what island is she on? We won't go to that one. But I was thinking a Caribbean cruise would be nice." She's eyeing me oddly now. I guess I'm off topic.

"What are you even talking about?" Taking a seat next to me, she awaits my answer and I lift my arms, pulling her close to me.

"How do you feel about accompanying me on vacation?" I ask hopefully. Please say yes.

"What?" She enquires unenthusiastically. "Why Ju? Why do you want me to come? What would we tell anyone who asks?"

"I've got it figured and planned out berry don't worry. All I need is for you to say yes and help me pick a getaway spot. You're my assistant now right? It's part of your job." I wriggle my eye brows at her as she giggles, burring her head in my chest. I think she might be a little tipsy with all the champagne she drank. She's giggling maniacally. God she's crazy. But I love it.

Bowing my head I'm still waiting for an answer. "So will you go?"

Sobering up, she lifts her head and plants a kiss on my lips I willingly accept. "Is that a yes?" I mutter through kisses.

"Uh huh..." She coos, before breaking away. "You taste nice." She states haphazardly.

"Ok and that is your cue to stop drinking. No more champagne." I laugh at her, stretching forward to place the cock back on the bottle.

"Whatever." She slurs, cuddling against my chest with her arms draped around my waist. "I'm tired. Can we stay here and head home later?" She lets out in a light yawn.

"Sure. Do you want to watch a movie?" I suggest bowing my head to look at her mass of curls and tired face.

"Hell yeah. What do you have?"

"Titanic." I grin.

"How fitting considering we're here floating on water." She states sarcastically, smiling up at me. "Well, put it on. You know I love that movie."

"Don't I know it. I'm thinking it's just Leo you like." I get to watch him die so it's cool with me. I know I'm evil.

"You found me out! He's the sexiest man alive!" She gasps playfully and I poke her sides.

"Hey! I happen to think I'm sexier and better looking thank you very much." I defend, chortling when she groans.

"You are Ju. You're right. You are." She yawns again.

Smiling widely, I snuggle up next to her as I grab a remote and press a button that brings out the entertainment system from behind the wall.

"Cool." Zara voices and I nod in agreement, before I switch to the movie and hit the play button.

"Three to four hours of a sappy love story. You owe me berry." I growl under my breath, but honestly, I don't mind sitting here with her in silence watching the movie.

"Just be quiet and enjoy it. This is nice. Me and you alone, just relaxing in this lavish yacht as we listen to the crashing waves while watching Titanic." She giggles, as I stare at the opening credits on the screen.

"Yeah it's nice. I wouldn't have it any other way." I breathe out contently, tightening my grip around her waist as she lies on my stomach with her head on my chest.

Sighing heavily, she moans an ‘uh huh' in agreement as she lifts her head to kiss me lightly on the neck. "I wouldn't have it any other way either Ju. Thank you for everything you've done for me. I really appreciate it."

Smiling down at her I don't bother to answer. She already knows I would do it again in a heartbeat with less judgment on my part. Instead, I place a kiss on her forehead as we proceed to watch the movie. However, with the way Zara keeps yawning, I'm betting she'll be knocked out cold before half the movie is done. The thought of actually getting to witness her sound asleep at her most vulnerable moment brings a smile to my face. I most definitely wouldn't have it any other way.

 

****

Quotes by: Unknown.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story