Next Day...Early Tuesday Afternoon

Tennman Records...

Orlando, Florida...

 

"Be With Me"

 

"I guarantee it won't be easy. I guarantee that at one point or another, one of us is going to want to leave. But, I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I am going to regret it for the rest of my life, because I know in my heart, you are the only one for me."

 

It's been the hardest night of my life. Shit, I nearly up and left again but I couldn't. I have too many responsibilities to drop everything over what went down last night. I never thought I'd think this but I honestly for a spilt second was wishing I never met or even hired Zara in the first place. That's messed up right? Yeah, it is. I took it back instantly though. She's probably the worst and best thing that's happened to me in years. But, I was so angry I couldn't even think straight. I wanted to strangle Malcolm in his fucking hospital bed and I wanted to seriously slash Jeremy to pieces. I startled my own damn self at the homicidal thoughts that were swimming in my mind. I had to get out of there.

 

So, I drove around Orlando for a while. Then, when I reached home and saw the clothes Zara left there from the night before, I cried. I cried like a damn baby because I was so fucking frustrated with everything we've been through. I haven't even seen her today. I don't know how she did it, because our offices are on the same floor, but, she's been inconspicuous for the entire day. I miss her. And really, I don't give a fuck about what her brother or ‘gym boy' thinks. I'm not letting her go that easily. Not after everything we've been through. I've thought about it and I refuse to let this end before it even starts because Malcolm is an ignorant overprotective asshole and Jeremy is a psychopath. Yeah I said it.

 

I can't even think about any of this right now. I have an album and an artist to take care of. I've been sitting in my office deep in thought like this since lunch was over. I'm not sure what my employees know, but, they've been really edgy with me and it's almost like they're afraid to even talk to their own boss. I really do not care to think about any of that. Our telephone conference with Johnny starts soon so whether or not Zara wants to be here, I'm going to see her in a minute. Plus, I changed the meeting up a bit where only Yolanda, Zara and I will be speaking with him instead of having the other executives here with us. It's better this way.

 

Snapping my head up when I hear a knock on the door, I instantly voice enter. A large smile plays across my lips when Yolanda struts in.

 

"You look nice Yolanda." I grin for her taking in the green dress she's wearing that literally makes her eyes stand out.

 

"Thanks Justin. I just came out from training with Blake a while ago and stopped to get ready before I came down here since I have that radio interview to do after." She explains and I nod, taking in her form. I'd be lying if I said Yolanda wasn't an attractive woman but she's just so spoilt I swear, she really is a handful.

 

Standing to greet her, I offer her a seat before I reclaim mine. Shifting to get more comfortable, I tug on the tie of my grey business suit. I'm always putting that damn thing too tight around my neck.

 

Grabbing my stack of papers that I prepared for our meeting agenda today, another knock sounds on the door before it eases open.

 

Watching intently, I grab the telephone getting ready to call Johnny when she walks in holding her head down.

 

It's Jahzara.

 

She looks really out of it. I'm wondering what happened when I left last night. I know it wasn't anything good. Still, she looks cute in her beige pant suit. It's hugging her in all the right places. That's a far stretch from the baggy shit she used to wear. But, I'm not blind to her slimming figure. I still think she looks sick and I fucking hate that. It actually hurts you know? Because this is telling me that she's not as strong as I thought she was. She's still weak. I mean, she's willing to put her life in danger just to be an accepted weight. She's not even in the center of Hollywood yet and this is destroying her. I'm happy I know now why she's like this but it doesn't make things better. If anything, I feel terrible for when I was such a jerk to her. I can only imagine how that further inflicted pain to her wounds. I'll never stop apologizing for that but, at least we've gotten past that. I think. You know, it doesn't matter. Fuck what Malcolm said. I'll make this right. I...I have to. I can't have us like this anymore. God, but, she's still so beautiful though, even if she doesn't think too much of herself. I'll show her...I'll make her see that she's worth loving. I...I think I can do that. Shit, she's still my strawberry no matter what...

 

"Zara!" Yolanda beams, getting up to embrace her in a hug before she pulls her to take a seat with us.

 

I'm still eyeing berry interestingly, wondering when she's going to look up and make any type of eye contact. She can't sit through this entire meeting with her vision cast downwards can she?

 

"Zara..." I voice and she instantly snaps her head up. Her hazels meet my blues for a brief moment and I can see the worry laced in her features. Well, that was easy. She must really be wondering what's up with me since I left last night. I give her a small smile and she exhales loudly.

 

"Hey." She smiles weakly and I nod, picking up the receiver and dialing Johnny's number.

 

This is solely business. I'll deal with her later. Right now, we just need to get this meeting out of the way...

 

After a few rings, Johnny animatedly answers with a loud ‘hello.' Shaking my head in amusement, I look over at Zara and Yolanda who's bouncing excitedly in her seat.

 

 

"Hey Johnny." I voice, putting on the speaker phone so everyone can hear him.

 

"Hey guys! Are we on now?" He inquires and he receives a series of ‘yes.' "Great, well firstly how is my favorite PA?" He croons and I watch as Zara's eyes light up.

 

"I'm fine Mr. Wright." She says politely as I push back in my seat and cross my arms over my chest.

 

"Good and call me Johnny Jahzara. I think we can get past all of these formalities." He explains and her eyes widen as she darts them over to me.

 

Chuckling to myself, I can't help but drift back to a certain point in time when I said that to her and this was practically her same reaction. She was really stunned when I told her to call me Justin instead of Mr. Timberlake. I think that was the day when her car wouldn't start and I offered her a ride home from work. I think I can finally admit that I did it for purely selfish reasons. I mean, yeah I helped a fellow co-worker out. But, I wanted to spend a little time with her to try to figure out why I was so intrigued with her and almost smitten, though at that time, I would have never admitted it. She seemed so shocked. It was sweet ...

 

**** Flashback****

 

Shutting off the car at the front of the leasing office, I turn to look at her as she gathers her stuff opening the door to exit. "Thanks for the ride home Mr. Timberlake." She smiles, before she exits shutting the door.

 

"You're welcome Zara. Hey, did you make up your mind about the job offer?" I bend forward to look at her as she leans over the window in thought.

 

"I guess I'll take it. But I want to discuss it with my brother first."

 

"That's fine, just tell me your final decision and I'll have you sign those documents."

 

"Ok, well bye Mr. Timberlake. See you at work tomorrow." She waves at me as she moves away from the ride when I start it up again.

 

"Bye Zara....oh and Zara?" I call out to her retreating form. Turning to face me, she nods for me to continue. Sticking out my head from the window I grin at her. "Call me Justin from now on ok?" I state before I wink at her and drive out of the compound not waiting to see her reaction or hear a reply. If I'm right, she's probably still standing in that same spot as clueless as ever by my statement. Watching through the rear-view mirror I realize I'm right. Chuckling to myself, I shake my head as I turn up the radio pulling out of the complex and unto kirkman, so I can head home for a well deserved nap as Neyo's "You make me better" blasts through my speakers...

 

****End of Flashback****

 

Bowing my head in thought, I can't help but chuckle by that memory. God, even then she was cute. Jesus, what's happening to me?

 

Snapping my head up when Yolanda clears her throat, I stare at her oddly before she points to the phone.

 

It's then that I realize Johnny is calling out to me. Oh shit...

 

Staring at Zara, I give her sheepish grin before I straighten my posture.

 

"Uh...yeah Johnny." I cough slightly to clear my throat before I hear Zara giggling. "What?" I whisper to her, ignoring whatever Johnny is saying now.

 

"Now who's the one daydreaming?" She whispers back with a snort.

 

Arching a brow at her, I just roll my eyes playfully. "I blame you." I retort with a smile.

 

"Blame me for what Justin?" Johnny inquires and that just makes me laugh harder.

 

"What? Oh it's nothing Johnny. I'm sorry I was distracted." I state while narrowing my eyes at Zara who's blushing massively.

 

Well I guess whatever happened last night be damned. You'd swear nothing happened and we didn't have any issues to deal with right now with the way we're acting. I've always liked that berry and I could push shit behind us and pretend like it's nothing when it's such a big deal. It's like we have this temporary fix for everything. Now, that's a characteristic that's rare. So, for both of us to have it, that's pretty cool.

 

"So, like I was saying Justin. We have the studio dates set up here in Orlando for after thanksgiving. You and Yolanda will be spending most of your Christmas and New Year's time in the studio. Timbaland agreed to fly down to work with you all. Also, once you two get your next single out, you'll be flying to NY during New Years for promotions, interviews and to work with some of the producers in NY to get the album finished in time for touring. You also mentioned about Esmee, so that is good." Johnny explains and I look over at Yolanda who's deep in thought absorbing everything he's saying. Zara on the other hand looks petrified. Well, she should have expected at some point that our lives were going to be this way. We have a rising star to deal with. That's expected.

 

"Now, what I want to clear up is the dates. You all will be heading to NY two days after Christmas which is the 27th. I thought it was only fair to let you have Christmas. When in NY, you'll finish up the albums and do all the promotional stuff you need to get out of the way. We've also agreed to have the album release party up there as well so we'll work out the details. Now Justin, what I need to know from you is when you have that vacation time set." Johnny states and I think for a minute before I look over at Yolanda and Zara. Initially, my plan was to take Zara alone with me, but with all the work we're going to be doing, I think everyone needs that break.

 

"I was thinking ten weeks after the albums are done before the release party, to just free up before the chaos starts and the touring schedules need to be set up, but, since I disappeared for like a month already and everything is behind schedule, a month would do." I shrug, even though he can't see me. I notice Zara shift in her seat when I say this. Well, I mean, ok that was a bad time for us and I couldn't deal with it so I left, but, I'm over it. If anything, I'll make her feel better about it. Christmas won't be completely about work if I can help it.

 

"Ok, that's wise. We can work around that. So, between what times next year? I need to schedule this in. Also I'll finalize with Jive, but, Trace and Zara will have to get your plans in order here since they are your assistants for this little vacation. Just let me know what you've decided and where you are heading with some contact information on how to reach you."

 

"That's fine Johnny." I nod in agreement. "I was thinking just after my birthday. By then, we'll have all the songs done for the albums because we laid down some good vocals in LA so we're already part of the way there. I think that will give us the month of February for our little getaway." I suggest with a light snicker.

 

"I take it you are bringing the whole crew? Well that's fine. I'll get right to it. Now how's Yolanda doing? Is her schedule fixed?" Johnny inquires and I gesture for Yolanda to answer him herself.

 

"Oh uh, it's great Johnny. I have a radio interview in a few minutes talking about my upcoming album so I'm excited." She beams and I smile proudly when Johnny gives her his praises.

 

"That's fantastic. I'm sure Jahzara is proud as well. I know I am with how well I've been told she was doing." Johnny coos and Zara gives me a questionable glare. I just shrug it off with a cheeky grin.

 

Frowning, she cuts her eyes at me before she answers Johnny. "I'm getting there." She muses, causing all of us to laugh.

 

"Well then, I think we have covered everything. When all of this is done, we'll discuss tour next year which I've worked out for June. I have to go, time is limited. We'll be in touch Justin and have a good day ladies. Bye." Johnny states - quickly saying his goodbyes.

 

 

"Ok, thanks John, I'll see you." I say before I hang up the line. "Well that went well." I state, pushing back in my chair to eye Yolanda and Zara.

 

"Yeah, it went...great! Listen are you two ok?" Yolanda suddenly asks shocking both Zara and me.

 

"Yol..." Zara warns but she cuts her off with a wave of her hand.

 

"Look I know what happened last night. I'm just saying that I hope you all can work it out. Don't let a few people keep you apart. Respect their advice and opinions but do what's best for you, not them. It's your lives." She divulges and just wow. Yolanda has her moments. She does, but, this is just...she's a doll.

 

"Uh, yeah uh, thanks Yolanda." I say nervously while rubbing the back of my head.

 

"Good well listen, I'm going to head down to that interview. My bodyguards are down by the front desk waiting. I'll be fine and you all will hear how it goes. I don't need Zara with me. Just...work it out please?" She begs, before she stands on her feet.

 

When I stand along with her, she shoots me a look to tell me she's ok. "I'm fine Justin. I'll see you all soon." She explains before she gives Zara a quick hug and tells me bye.

 

We're still just sitting there watching her in astonishment before she whips around to make her last statement. "Oh and Zara? I'll be stopping by the hospital to give Malcolm a visit. I know you won't be there today after everything that went down, so, I'll let him know you're ok." She explains and Zara nods in response before she swings the door to my office open, swiftly making her exit.

 

 

When the door slams shut and we're left alone, I exhale deeply before I just pull out my tie from around my neck completely.

 

"Can I have the rest of the afternoon off?" Zara finally breaks the awkward silence in the room and I stare at her strangely.

 

"What? But..."

 

"I've had to deal with all the cold shoulders, hard looks and gossiping for today. Plus, Jeffery told me your employees think there is something going on with us. Now, I know that's true, but, I'm not ready for any of them to know. I've had all I can take for one day. I just...I've had a really rough day and if I could just get some time to compose myself, I'd really appreciate it. I'll be here bright and early tomorrow morning with no glitches." She pleads as I notice her eyes glazing over with tears.

 

"Wait, berry listen..."

 

"No it's fine Ju. I know you said we'll talk about this today but, I'm not ready yet Justin. I'm not ready to hear what I know you're going to say. I just want you to know I'm sorry ok? I'm sorry for everything. But, I can't be here in this state right now. I won't get any work done and I just..." Choking on her statement, I watch as a few tear droplets slide down her cheeks and fall unto her beige suit.

 

"Zara no don't...don't cry it's ok. Look it's ok alright? Just...do what you need to do. Take the rest of the day off. You'll still get paid don't worry..." I assure, but, she shakes her head rapidly while wiping at her tears furiously.

 

"No Justin. I don't need to be paid if I don't work. Please don't take any favors with me. I'm going home." She enforces, standing on her feet to leave.

 

"What, back to Trace's? I still want to talk to you berry." I speak softly, feeling a little hurt that she's avoiding me now.

 

"I know. I'm going to my apartment. I had Trace drop me to get my car this morning to come here to work. He's being really great. I guess you can call me when work is done or whatever. Just, I'm sorry ok? I should go..." She rambles out and before I can even get another word in, she sprints right out of my office, slamming the door shut on her way out.

 

 

 

"Goddamn it!" I groan before my fists connect to my desk. This is ridiculous. Shit, I can't go after her now. I have a ton of work to do. Maybe I'll just let her have her space. But, I'm making things right as soon as work is over. All of this ends today.

 

The first agenda would probably be to set my fucking employees straight. I really don't need this bullshit. They need to remember I'm still the one signing their paychecks here.

 

Grabbing my phone, I quickly dial the number for the promotions office. After one ring, someone picks up and I smile into the line immediately.

 

"Jeffery..."

 

"Mr. Timberlake! How are you today? How's everything going?" He asks hopefully.

 

"Listen you and Zara are friends right?" I cut right to it.

 

"Uh yes sir?" He sounds uneasy. I'm going to say Zara was right. Damn.

 

"Good and I'm sure you are well aware of the gossip that's been taking place recently."

 

"Look Mr. Timberlake, I've tried to get some of them to stop and..."

 

"No that's fine Jeffery. I'm not angry. I am going to ask you for a favor though." I begin and I hear him take in a sharp breath over the line.

 

"Oh?"

 

Chuckling lowly, I prop my legs up on my desk, glaring at the pair of black leather shoes I'm wearing.

 

"Yes, I want you to pass a message to all of Tennman employees and I mean all five hundred in this building and you tell them to meet me in the conference room in half an hour. Send out emails, call the offices, do what you wish. I'm asking you this favor because I have a document to finish preparing before I meet you all. And...I'll see you there ok? That will be all..." Not giving him a chance to reply, I easily put down the phone before I laugh to myself.

 

They are in for one rude awakening. If there is one thing I hate more than a slacking, lazy employee, it's an employee who doesn't know when to keep their mouth shut and mind their own damn business. I'm telling you. I do not need that type of drama in the workplace. And, as the C.E.O of my own company, I think I have every right to put an end to this once and for all.

 

 

****

Hours later...

Zara & Malcolm's Apartment...

 

 

God I'm so stupid. I can't even believe I ran out of his office like that when all I wanted to do was jump on him and kiss him. He looked so handsome in his suit. I remember when he didn't even know my name and I'd just sit and fantasize about him wearing those designer suits looking all GQ and shit. We've really come a long way since then. Still, it's not the outcome I was hoping for. But, hey on the bright side, it wasn't all bad. I remember all the good times we had. I especially remember that trip to the strawberry store. I thought that was so sweet. And then there was the yacht surprise. Or how about the times I dragged him into the pool? Ha, yeah that was funny. I even remember the basketball game in the LA stadium when we made this stupid bet and I won since I kissed him and then forced him to watch all these sappy love movies with me. I swear Justin's the biggest baby when he wants his way. So, for all the bad times we had, there was good there too. And, I miss him.

 

I basically told Malcolm last night that I would respect his wishes. I told him I wouldn't be with Justin because I don't want to go against his wishes. What I didn't tell him was that I wouldn't be with Justin for him to know about it. But, if Ju will still have me, fuck it. I've said it before and I'm saying it again. I don't care to fight this anymore. I just want us together. I mean Jeremy's out of the picture and Justin told Mallory to take a hike so there's nothing stopping us. I love my brother, I really do, but, I think I'm just going to have to go against him on this. He made me keep my job if I promised to not have anything romantic with Justin. I crossed my fingers behind my back when I made that promise as childish as it sounds. Malcolm is just going to have to accept Justin the hard way. I'll make him see how wrong he is. But for now and for Justin's safety, I won't say anything.

 

You know, I'm thinking Jeremy has some serious issues. He went really crazy last night when Malcolm and I lied for Drew so Justin wouldn't get in trouble. Jeremy kept talking about he was going to make Justin regret what he did to him. And something about he didn't know what I saw in him but we would regret ever playing him like that. He was acting up so damn much that Drew had to take him into custody. I was a little terrified too. I've never seen that side of him. It's like he was insane. Even Trace told him to get a grip. God, I'm just glad he's gone. If he even thinks about contacting me, I'll get a restraining order on him. I don't need his drug dealing self around me. From what Justin said, he seems to be into something deep and I don't want to be any part of it...

 

 

Anyway, I'm just sitting here in my robe, pigging out on a bucket of rocky road ice cream as I watch ‘The Notebook'. I shouldn't be eating anything like this but well, I'm depressed and I'm considering popping a few pills. The only thing stopping me is that I told Justin about my little addiction and now he's got me all nervous about it. I always thought I could just quit at anytime but I'm slowly realizing that I was wrong. Right now, I have this fucking itch and if I don't satisfy my cravings I'll probably scream in frustration.

 

Licking my spoon clean, I drop it in my ice cream bucket before I stand on my feet and shut off the television.

 

Walking through the narrow hallway, I head into my bathroom opening the glass cabinet to grab my bottle of pills. Giving myself a once over in the mirror, I sigh inwardly. They did this to me. All those mean children I had to deal with while growing up and...and Christian. He's still a sore subject for me. I blame them.

 

My hair is a complete mess. My curls are flying everywhere and my eyes are red and puffy but I don't care. I'd give anything to have my Ju here with me now to tell me everything is going to be ok. I'm such a pathetic case. Clutching my two bottles tightly in my hand, I walk out of the bathroom hearing my cell phone buzz.

 

Rushing over to where I placed it on the coffee table, I grab it and flip it open to see a text from Trace.

 

"Hey Zar-bear. Just checking in on you. Hope you're good girl. Let me know if you need me as your personal slave to get you anything to eat or well, you know I'm open to suggestions. ;) Na I'm kidding. Lol. Oh but don't tell Justin. He'll strangle me - Tracey-poo."

 

Laughing, I quickly text him back saying that I'm fine but thanks for the great offer. Shaking my head in amusement, I drop the phone before a knock sounds on my door. Frowning in curiosity as to who that could be, I place the anti-depressant pills down keeping the weight-loss ones in my grasp.

 

 

 

Ambling to the front door, I tighten my robe around my body before I wipe at my nose. Twisting the cap off the small bottle, I drop the cover on a nearby table, before I use my free hand to swing the front door open.

 

My eyes instantly widen at the sight in front of me.

 

Lifting his head to stare at me, Justin's smile instantly fades when he takes in my form. Scanning me with his eyes, his brows knit in confusion before his blues meet my hazels.

 

He looks so good and he smells good too. He's wearing his signature scent Curve. I really love that cologne. He looks fresh, like he just took a shower. Ugh god this is torture. I mean, he's just in some grey slacks, a black wife beater and black sneakers but he looks amazing.

 

"God Zara..." he whispers depressingly still searching my eyes. I must look terrible. No, I know that I look terrible. I'm feeling self-conscious now. That's not good.

 

Stepping aside, I gesture for him to enter and he gladly walks in before I shut and lock the door behind us.

 

I think this is the first time Justin has ever been inside my home. Oh god, this is...nerve wrecking. I hold my breath as he surveys his surroundings for a few moments before he finally turns to face me.

 

Closing the gap between us, he looks down at me with an arched brow before his palm finds my cheek, stroking me lightly with his fingertips. Sighing, he bows his head in thought before he reestablishes eye contact. "Berry, I...I don't want us to be like this anymore." He says in a shaky voice. "I'm sorry for everything but, we can't keep doing this anymore." He explains and I can feel my tears surfacing but I'm still silent, just taking in his tall, hovering stature. I knew he wanted to end all ties with me. I just never thought it would hurt this much and I'd actually be able to ‘hear my heart breaking.'

 

"Look don't say anything, just let me get this off my chest. Firstly, you don't have to worry about the strange looks or treatment at work anymore. I straightened all my employees today. I told them that they need to accept I'll be spending time with you since you work for both Yolanda and me now. That gave them no right to treat you any differently. Long story short, I set them straight." He continues caressing my cheek and I nod sadly, before he circles his other hand around my waist pulling me flush against his chest.

 

"And..." he begins, lowering his voice to a light whisper. "I thought about everything. I've come to a conclusion that no matter what your brother or Jeremy does or says they won't be able to keep me away from you because..." He drifts off when my eyes widen, but, I'm still mute, holding my breath and anticipating his next statement. Smiling lightly, Justin chuckles before he kisses my forehead gently, causing me to let out a light sigh. "Because I love you Jahzara Beryl Gilmore and like I said before, I'm willing to fight the world to be with you. That is, if you want me to..." Trialing off again when I gasp, Justin's vision drops down to where my hands are resting against his chest. Frowning, he takes a step back gripping my hand in the process. Lifting it up to his line of sight he exhales loudly.

 

Tensing, I watch as he rips the small bottle from my grasp before he proceeds to read the contents on it. Narrowing his eyes at me, I note how the muscles in his biceps contract then relax as he seems to be trying to control his anger. Bringing his fingers up to the bridge of his nose, he scowls while muttering some incoherent phrase under his breath.

 

"Have you taken any?" He inquires in a stern tone.

 

"N...No." I finally speak in a weak voice.

 

"Ok." He nods, moving around me. "Where's your bathroom?" He asks before he goes in search of it. On his way there, he notices the other bottle on the table and picks it up as well before letting out a loud groan. I'm still kind of silent as I gaze at him in curiosity.

 

Ambling down the hallway, I watch as he disappears into my bathroom and I quickly follow him, wondering what the hell he's doing.

 

Standing in the doorway, my mouth gapes open as he begins rummaging through my cabinet, pulling out my stash. What really shocks me is when he simply takes each bottle and twists the cap open, dumping the contents into the toilet bowl.

 

"Justin!" I gasp, rushing in to stop him but he pushes me aside.

 

"Don't Zara. It's for your own good."

 

"No, no stop what are you doing?!" I cry out, not making any attempt to move. He's pissed. And, after I've seen his temper with Jeremy, I'm a little terrified to even try and stop him.

 

When he empties the entire contents of my last bottle I can't help but sob like a baby. I know he means well. I guess I'm just so frustrated and weak with everything. "God..." I hiccup, wiping at my face in irritation.

 

Turning to face me, Justin grips my hand tightly before he pulls me out of the bathroom. When we're back in the living room, he tugs on my robe, leading me to one of my sofas.

 

Plopping down, he stretches his limbs before he pulls me to straddle his waist.

 

Wiping at my eyes, I sniffle slightly as I look at him expectantly. "Why are you so quiet?" he inquires and I shrug. "Look berry, I came over here to see you and for us to talk and just settle all of this. I'm sorry I just did that but you'll thank me later. I spoke to Dr. Lake so you're going to get help ok? We have to choose two days in the week to see her then call her to make some appointments. We'll tame those demons, so, don't even worry baby. Ok?" Using his fingertips, Justin gently wipes under my eyes as I shake my head in agreement. "Good, now say something woman!" He laughs and I finally crack a smile.

 

"I've missed you. And I'm sorry." I state meekly.

 

"Don't even worry about that. I'm sorry for snapping at you like I did last night. I guess I was pissed of. Let's just put all of this behind us Zara and start afresh. I think we both need that. But, uh, I won't tell Malcolm if you won't." He wriggles his eyebrows at me causing me to giggle. Gripping my hips tightly, he pulls me closer as I fix my legs on either side of his waist. Yeah, I love that we can still smile even through our grief to lighten a situation.

 

"I'd like that but, what are you really saying Ju?" I ask hopefully as I hold my breath feeling my heart pounding right out of my chest. Oh god, please don't crush my hopes right now. He has no idea how long I've been waiting to hear what I think he's about to say.

 

Yo
Look I know we've been,
Been friends for a minute
But I think it's time we trust the situation
I know how you feel
You know how I feel
I just wanna put it out there...

 

"Well..." Clearing his throat nervously, Justin darts his eyes around the room before he looks back at me with a weary smile. "You really are an amazing person Jahzara and I'm realizing as time passes that I need you just a little bit more everyday. And honestly, I can't deal without you not being a part of my life to give that ‘Zara effect.'" He divulges, blushing slightly.

 

"Zara effect eh?" I ask knowingly.

 

"Oh shut up. Don't make this hard on me." He chuckles uneasily and I smile for him.

 

I Gotta Say You're A Hell Of A Woman; You're Like A New Drop In Summer
Pull Me Over The Weather When I'm Under
Cuz You Know You'd Do That For Me ....Do That For Me...And I Wonder Sometimes Why You Be Taking Your Time I
I Know Its Gon' Be Right Girl I Put That On My Life
You Be Giving Me The Coldest Shoulder
Cuz You Don't Want Your Emotions Taking Over
Instead Of Talking ‘Bout You Looking For A Soldier... Yeah
Are You Tryna Say You Don't See That In Me?
I Know That We're Friends But Taking It There Won't Mess It Up
Keep Your Trust In Me Girl I Got To Can't You See?

 

"Ok I'm sorry." I snicker and he just rolls his eyes at me in annoyance.

 

"God, we've been through a lot of shit no doubt. But uh, I'm thinking I wouldn't have wanted to share that time with anyone else but you. And, I think knowing that makes things crystal clear for me and what I want out of this...thing that we have going. So, I think to make a long, torturous story short, I'm telling you that I want us to make this official. I, I want to know you're mine and only mine and I don't have to share you with anyone else. I know I'm selfish but I have a good reason to be. That is...if you'll have me..." His gaze is soft and loving as he stares into my eyes waiting for some type of reaction and oh my freaking god! This is surreal. Holy shit...is...is he asking me to...

 

Baby Girl It's Killing Me
Why You Tryna Act Like You Don't
Like You Don't See What I See
(You Should Be With)
You Should Be With Me
Fix Your Heart Up Before You Give It To Someone
Someone Who Don't Deserve It, Just Don't Hurt It Baby
(You Should Be With Me)

 

"Ju are you saying..."

 

But he cuts be off when he leans forward and presses his soft pink lips against mine. Shutting my eyes on instinct, I wrap my arms around his neck as he instantly deepens the kiss, tightening his hold around my waist. I let out a light moan before my hands drop to his bare shoulders. Groaning lightly, Justin shifts underneath me pulling me down on his lap so I can feel how turned on he's getting. Oh god...I can feel his growing erection pressing into my center through his slacks. Shit, that's really making me hot right now. This is...shit. Gasping slightly and wriggling on top of him to move off, he growls against my lips causing me to cease my actions. I think I made it worse. Oh boy...

 

Like A Scene From My Favorite Movie
Hard To Control Myself When You Next To Me
If It's Against The Law To Love Then Sue Me
Girl This Whole Thing Got Me In Disbelief
I Know It Takes Time
To Build Something That's Worth While But
Just In Case You Didn't Hear Me Imma Say It Again More Clearly
(I Need Ya)
Like A Bed Need Some Covers
(I Need Ya)
Baby We Need Each Other
(Girl I Need Ya)
Like A Comedian Needs A Joke
(I Need Ya)
Baby I Need You The Most

 

Relaxing against his tight grip, my hands travel down to his abs, gripping a chunk of his wife beater to pull him closer.

 

Forcefully breaking away, Justin takes in air as his eyes flutter open to meet mine.

 

Staring at him wide-eyed, I can actually feel the heat rising in my face. He doesn't seem to care though. Gripping my chin, he pierces me with his gaze before a large grin spreads across his face. "I need you...so much. Be with me berry?" He enquires as his eyes twinkle in hope and I think I just melted right there in his lap. My heart just skipped a beat. His tone is so smooth, so...soothing. Dear god, he's really serious about this.

 

Baby... My Heart's Beating
Can't You Hear It
If I'm The Music
You're My Lyrics


Baby Girl It's Killing me ...Girl It's Killing Me...
Why You Tryna Act Like You Don't
Like You Don't See What I See (Ohh Ohh Ohh)
(You Should Be With)
You Should Be With Me
Fix Your Heart Up Before U Give It To Someone
Someone Who Don't Deserve It, Just Don't Hurt It Baby
(You Should Be With Me)

 

Gulping down hard to rid the lump in my throat, I swallow all my fears and any hesitation I might have. I love him. I really do and this just justified that he loves me too. I can definitely do this. "Ok Ju." I simply state noting the unsure look on his face.

 

"So that means..."

 

"Yes dummy. I love you. I'm yours." I coo, giggling when he breathes a sigh of relief while touching his chest with his palm.

 

"Holy shit, that was intense." He mocks.

 

"Ugh, you are so full of shit..." I laugh.

 

"Yeah and so are you. Way to spoil the moment." He retorts grinning from ear to ear.

 

"Am not and did not!" I say in defense. Stopping my giggles, I stare at him for a bit before I start to laugh again. "Aww you look all beautiful and shit." I joke.

 

"What?! Did you just say I was...beautiful?" He asks incredulously causing me to laugh even harder.

 

"I did? I meant cute...ah!" I scream when he begins tickling my sides.

 

"Woman are you crazy? I am not beautiful. God, that sounds so wrong." Justin chuckles while gripping my hips tightly when I try to bolt.

 

"I'm sorry...god..." I heave, trying to catch my breath.

 

"That's what I thought..." He wisecracks before he grips me and lifts me up in his hold, flipping us over so he's on top resting snuggly between my legs as he hovers just staring at me.

 

Looking up at him, I finally catch my breath.

 

"Come home with me?" He suddenly requests.

 

"What..."

 

"For thanksgiving next month. I want you to meet my family."

 

"What? Justin I..." But he cuts me off.

 

"We're together now right? I think it's only fair that my family meets the woman who captured my heart don't you?" He's giving me a challenging glare and I already know I can't say no to him. Damn it! It's not fair.

 

"Fine." I relent not even bothering to put up a fight. Besides, I can just picture his family burning me at the stake or something. Yeah, that was harsh but can you blame me? I'm still skeptic about this knowing I really can't fight him about it.

 

"Good." He beams before he leans down to kiss my lips gently. "They'll love you I promise." He breathes against my lips almost like he read my mind.

 

Sighing, I just allow him to continue kissing me as I relish in this perfect moment.

 

I Know You're Looking Out For You
(But You Gotta Understand)
That I'm Looking Out For Us Two

So Baby You Should Just Give Me Your Heart
And I Swear I Won't Tear It Apart, No...

 

Finally pulling away, Justin glances down at me with a mischievous glimmer in his orbs as they mask over with lust. Oh boy...I know what's on his mind. To be honest, we're both thinking the exact same thing.

 

"So, what do you say we take this little party to your room? Besides, I've been dying to see what it looks like." He suggests while getting up before he pulls me to stand. Not giving me a chance to respond, he tugs on my robe to yank me forward so I can lead him to my bedroom.

 

Laughing at his craziness, I instruct him to follow me without saying anything else. I don't have to really. Yelping when he smacks my butt roughly, I just shoot him a dirty look before I sprint down the hallway causing him to chase after me.

 

When he catches up, he tackles me unto the bed causing me to shriek loudly as we roll around before our movements come to a halt.

 

"So, this is nice." Justin says, looking around. "It's very plain and boring like you." He cracks and I smack his arm.

 

"Hey! Uh, whatever. So hear this. I've got to tell you something." I smile ignoring his smart comment about my room.

 

"This better be good." He laughs.

 

"Oh it is. You remember all those times you've been asking me why I was always spaced out and daydreaming all the time and even at work?" I ask shyly. I don't even know why I'm going to tell him this but to hell with it. I think I can admit it now.

 

"Uh huh?" He arches a brow with a knowing expression.

 

"Well, would you totally hate me if I said you were the cause? You know, that I was uh...fantasizing about you and all that jazz?" I inquire.

 

"I wouldn't totally hate you."

 

"Justinnnnnnn!"

 

"Oh my god, do not even start that shit Zara. Ok, ok, I'm kidding." He quickly replies before I flip us over to I'm on top again straddling his waist. "Besides that...well that's....Goddamn that's fucking hot and a serious turn on. It's good you didn't tell me earlier. I might have been shocked, but, now I'm digging it."

 

"Sweet." I respond, leaning down to peck him sweetly on the lips before I pull away.

 

"Since we're sharing, I should probably tell you that I'm obsessed with J. Holiday's song Bed because it reminds me of the night when we danced at the opening of Tim's club." He divulges, but, I already figured that out.

 

"I know. So, you want to put me to bed eh?" I probe, nudging his chest playfully.

 

"Oh my god, you're bad girl. I can't believe you knew and never told me." Justin chortles while massaging my sides before his hands begin to roam.

 

"Eh..." I shrug uncaringly before he flips us over again and we roll on the mattress.

 

"I can't believe this." Justin states stifling his laugh while dropping his head to my neck, kissing me lightly there. "You still smell good though, even if you look like shit right now."

 

"Hey! Thank you so much!" I spit sarcastically.

 

Pushing his head back to look at me he just scoffs. "Well, I mean, you're still cute."

 

"Oh shut up..."

 

"Finally! I swear you talk too damn much during sex." He snaps, tugging at the knot in my robe while he reconnects his lips to the flesh of my neck. "We need to work on that..." he snickers before I slap his arm again.

 

"Uh god...just shut the fuck up and get to work." I moan as I arch my back off the bed.

 

Shutting my eyes when I feel the vibration of his laughter against my skin, a shiver travels down my spin when he finally gets the knot open and his hands instantly cup my breasts through my white vest.

 

Bringing his mouth up to my ears, I hold my breath when Justin grazes his lips against my earlobe before he whispers to me softly as I grope at his chest. "I knew I'd love that you were a little freak..."

 

And honestly, I have no objection with that little admittance because I think it's safe to say he brings out the crazy side and freak in me...

 

Baby Girl It's Killing Me
Why You Tryna Act Like You Don't
Like You Don't See What I See
(Like You Don't See It)
(You Should Be With)
You Should Be With Me
Fix Your Heart Up Before You Give It To Someone
(Baby Fix Your Heart Before You Do With It What You Want To ..)
Someone Who Don't Deserve Just Don't Hurt It Baby...I Just Wanna Tell You... That...
(You Should Be With Me)

 

****

Song - Be with Me by: J Holiday

Quote from: Runaway Bride (movie)

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story