One Month Later...November

Orlando General Hospital...

Late Friday Afternoon...

 

Against All Odds, We'll Make It

*The ‘I've never' game shockers*

 

“One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.” - unknown

 

Malcolm's P.O.V...

 

I've got to say, this last month was the hardest of my life. I mean, I spent it in the hospital and therapy wasn't easy. Getting shot in the side and having the bullet barely miss my vital organs was really a wake up call for me. Sure, the force and Drew are all expecting me back once I'm fully healed and ready but I just don't think I can do it. Zary is doing really well with her job even if I don't like the idea of Timberlake in the mix. Still, it can't be avoided and we need all the financial help we can get considering my medical bills are going to be through the roof. I can't complain though because I'm alive and breathing. I have to thank the big guy upstairs for that second chance.

And you know what? I'm going to make it right. I'm going to quit the force and pursue the dream I always had of being a personal trainer. The gym is my life anyway. I'm not sure how to start this out and I would have had Jeremy as a mentor, but, after what happened about a month ago and finding out he laid his hands on my baby sis, that's out of the question. I haven't even seen or heard from the guy since. It's like he disappeared off the face of the earth. I heard that whatever artist he was working with at Universal fired him after a consultation with Yolanda.

I think Justin was behind it. God, I swear on my parents' grave, if I find out he and Zary are lying to me, I'll shoot him myself. I'll never get past what that asshole Christian did to my baby sis. He broke her in so many ways that she'll never be the same again. A part of her died all those years ago and if she thinks I'm going to sit around and watch a replay of her past by hotshot Timberlake who's really a cocky bastard in my eyes, she's wrong. She may not see it, but, I know her getting mixed up with him is a bad idea and can only lead to disaster. I'm sorry, but, Justin needs to do a hell of a lot to convince me otherwise.

I'm just glad I'm getting out today and I'm going home to my baby sis. I've missed her and home. I guess for the time I'll be on sick-leave, I'll be able to make up my mind on what I want to do. I'll need Zary's advice though. I guess the only thing Timberlake is good for is signing her paychecks because that's the only reason why he's still in one piece. Still, he should know to never mess with me when it comes to my family. Zary is all I have left and I can promise I will not hesitate to kill and go to prison for her.

Groaning when I stretch out my limbs, I stare at myself in the bathroom mirror of my hospital bedroom. Zary was here this morning with some fresh clothes for me so I'm happy about that. I should consider cutting those dark untamed curls on my head. It works for Zara since she's a girl but for me it's a fucking pain. Either way, I'm getting out of this death hole.

 

 

Hearing a knock on my bedroom door, I touch my stitched up wound that still hurts when I move. Voicing enter, I listen intently at Dr. Lake who's mumbling something or other in the bedroom. Rolling my eyes with a smile on my face, I exit the bathroom to be greeted by her warm, aging, smiling face.

"What's up Doc?" I inquire, stuffing some of my items into my duffle bag before I zip it up.

"How are you feeling Malcolm? Just came in to see you on your way and to remind you of our weekly check ups and therapy sessions you need to attend. Who's coming to pick you up?" She inquires as I amble over to her slinging the handles of my duffle bag over my shoulder. Ruffling my grey t-shirt, I shrug for her uncaringly.

"Zara said something about having the day off and needing to shop for some clothes with Yolanda for whatever business trip she's going on, so I asked Trace to pick me up." I explain and Dr. Lake eyes me strangely before she casts her vision to her clipboard.

"I see." She mutters. "Isn't Trace Justin's..."

"Yeah Doc. What's the big deal?" I cut her off. She's well aware of how I feel about Timberlake. That doesn't mean I have to categorize Trace with him just because they're friends. Trace is a pretty cool guy and he's been great with Zara. I really don't care. As long as Justin isn't around, I'm perfectly fine.

"Never mind. Just make sure you get plenty of rest and no gym until I give you the green light." She warns and I chuckle at her. We had an argument over that just last night.

"Yeah Doc. I promise. Can I call my ride over now?" I laugh when she gives me a warning glare.

"Fine. You take care Malcolm. And tell Zara I'll talk to her soon." She smiles and I frown.

"Why would you talk to Zara?" I inquire.

"Oh well she...she's been talking to me about your condition. Now that you're ok I'm sure she'll want the final run down." Dr. Lake quickly rambles out but I don't buy it. Still, I don't care about that. I'm going home! I swear the thought of home never felt this good.

Shrugging off doc's weird behavior, I walk over and give her a hug and a kiss on her cheek, thanking her for everything before I head out in search of the nurse's desk to make that call.

 

****

Hours later...

At the Mall...

 

"So what did you tell Malcolm about you traveling home with Justin for thanksgiving next weekend?" Yolanda inquires as we step into Victoria Secret at one of the many malls in Orlando. Pulling my skin tight jeans higher up on my waist and fixing my red baby-t, I sigh.

Ugh, does she have to remind me? I've been trying to persuade Justin that it's too soon to show me off but he won't listen. I mean what if we don't make it? I even tried to convince him that we should wait at least half a year but he just called me out on it saying I was chicken. Men are so...frustrating to deal with sometimes. "I lied and said we had a business trip to go on since I'm also Justin's assistant. He didn't ask questions since he was busy lecturing me about Justin. I let him talk because Malcolm asking questions is like being interrogated in one of those stuffy rooms with the bright florescent lights in your face threatening to blind you." I joke and Yolanda laughs in response before fixing the straps of her blue spaghetti top over her freckled shoulders.

"Well he is a cop." She agrees and I nod as we make our way over to the new merchandise rack. As we begin scanning the many underwear, bras and lingerie sets, something pops into my head.

"Yol, have you told Malcolm you like him? I mean, you've been visiting him often for the past month yet he seems clueless." I explain.

Sighing sadly, she shakes her head ‘no' avoiding eye contact with me. "He just...I'm not ready yet." She admits and I shake my head in understanding dropping the topic all together. "But hey, what about you and Justin? You've been together what...a month now?" She inquires and I smile brightly.

"Yeah, we're getting along really great which is a spin from how we used to be. It's such a relief to not have to worry about Jeremy or some other bitch like Mallory."

"I know what you mean girl. But, I mean don't you find it weird about this whole Jeremy thing? After I spoke to those people at Universal and he was fired it's like he just disappeared. What's that about?" She asks while pulling out a maroon panty and bra set.

"I have no idea and I don't care. I'm glad he's gone and I hope he never comes back. I can understand him moving away considering Justin knew about his drug thing." I state before moving some loose curls out of my eyes.

"It's a shame. He was a good personal trainer. This Blake dude is like the spawn of Satan." Yolanda laughs and I just smile as I pull out a blue lingerie set, studying it intently.

"You'll get over it. Hey Yol what do you think of this one?" Holding the silky top that stops just above my navel and the thong up for her viewing pleasure, I nearly bust out laughing when she gives me a knowing look.

"I think Justin would just rip it off of you. Hell if you wore a baggy long-sleeve, kissing-the-floor hideous dress he'd rip it off you. I've seen how he can't keep his hands to himself when he's around you. But, if you're going for a little seduction, definitely get it." She beams and I can't help but smirk.

"Ok miss analyst. Come on, we've been out whole day and these shopping bags are killing me."

"Damn where's Mike when you need him?"

"I know right?" I snicker. "Plus Justin said something about coming over to his place later after Malcolm was settled in so I guess I'll have to lie to get away. I'm sure Malky won't mind and will want his rest anyway." I state as we grab a few items and head over to the cash register.

"Justin told me the same thing." Yolanda divulges and I frown.

"Hmm, I wonder what he's up to. We'll just have to wait and see. He's at the studio all now with Tim so..."

"Yeah, I've got studio time tomorrow."

Yolanda places her items on the counter in front of the cashier and I do the same before my cell goes off.

 

 

Excusing myself, I dig in my side bag for the item pulling it out before I dart my eyes around the store. Doing a double take when I see someone duck behind one of the racks the moment I look in their direction, I frown in curiosity until my shrilling cell diverts my attention back to it. Glancing at the caller ID I smile widely. "Speak of the devil..." I mutter before I flip the object open and place it to my ears.

"Yellow..." I say cheerily.

"Berry? What the hell? I don't like the color yellow at all." Justin laughs and I giggle giddily causing Yolanda to eye me. When I mouth it's ‘Justin' to her, she rolls her eyes and continues to pay for her items.

"What can I do you for?" I inquire.

"Are you still out with Yolanda?" He asks as I hear faint talking and music in his background.

"Uh yeah."

"Well hurry it up. Trace just called me and told me he was getting your brother at the hospital. I'm trying to figure out why you're not the one bringing him home." Justin says and I can hear the hint of amusement and curiosity in his tone.

"I saw him this morning. Told him I had to do some shopping for our ‘business trip' next week." I explain.

"I see." Justin breathes over the line not bothering to elaborate though I'm sure there are a million things floating through his mind now. "Where are you now?"

"Victoria secret with Yol." I divulge before he growls into the line softly.

"Ok, you definitely have to model whatever it is you're buying for me." He says eagerly and I laugh.

"Justin you are the reason I'm buying it dummy." I arch a brow even though he can't see me. I can hear him breathing deeply and I'm sure I know exactly what's on his mind.

Holding my breath when the line goes silent I scoff. "Ju...you still there? Justin!"

"What? Oh yeah sorry about that. I just spaced out. Goddamn. I'm having some really...impure thoughts right now." He groans before I make out Tim's voice calling out to him. "Shit, ok I've got to go but I'll see you all tonight at my place around eight and tell Yolanda ok?"

Sighing contently, I pull out my credit card with my free hand to pay for my items as I keep my focus on talking to Justin. "Ok that's fine."

"Sweet, love you babe." Justin coos and I gush. God, I really love that we're like this now. I hope it never ends.

"Love you too Ju. Bye!" I make a kissing noise into the line before I end the call.

Turning around, I'm greeted with an amused Yolanda who's standing with her arms folded across her chest just glaring at me.

"Oh wipe that smug smile off your face Yol." I scold, grabbing my bag of items from the cashier after I sign the receipt for her. "Oh and Justin said at eight tonight." I add in.

"Yeah. You two really are something. I'm glad you're finally together but make sure Malcolm doesn't know just yet."

"Yeah I know." I sigh feeling terrible that I'm lying to my brother.

"Don't worry about it. Come on let's head out." Gripping my arm softly, Yolanda escorts me out of the store with her but on our way to the exit, I see the same person peering at us over one of the racks. Ok, this is very unnerving and it's freaking me out.

"Yol, I think that person is spying on us." I whisper to her, wondering if I'm just paranoid.

"What?" Casting her vision in the direction I'm watching, she scowls before shrugging uncaringly. "That happens. I mean, maybe it's a reporter or photographer. You are the PA of an up and coming celebrity." She boasts and I slap her arm lightly.

"Whatever brat." I hiss.

"Am not." She defends but I ignore her. I think I'm more interested in the fact that this person whoever he is, just smirked at me. Maybe I'm seeing things, but, he has the coldest stare and those blues look menacing. Ugh, whatever.

Shaking my head, I forget about the weirdo all together as Yolanda and I walk out of the store and head down the busy platforms to our next destination. Gripping unto my shopping bags tightly, I allow Yolanda to lead me into the next store as I realize that I have a lot more important things to worry about than some weird guy gawking at us.

Like the fact that my brother is out of the hospital today and it's going to be even harder to hide my relationship with Justin from him. Not to mention I constantly want to throw up from fright when I keep remembering that I'm going home with Justin to Tennessee next week to meet his...family. God, I hope they like me. I can't stand any more drama in my life. I just...wasn't built for any of this...

 

****

Hours later...

Justin's home...

 

Ok, firstly I'm panicking...

Yeah, you heard me. Justin Timberlake is fucking panicking...literally.

I'm doing this...thing for Zara tonight since her brother got out of the hospital today but I'm realizing that it will have a lot more meaning and a better effect if he's here as well. Shit and it's like...seven thirty already and they should be arriving at eight.

Now, uh, incase you're wondering, Malcolm still hates me with a passion and I think over the past month it's gotten worse. I'm kind of angry about it especially since he and Trace get along so great. Still, I doubt he'd feel the same way if Trace was the one interested in Zara. God, now that he's out, it's going to be trying for berry and I. I mean, I won't be able to just show up at her place and even sleep over like I've been doing for the past month. Her ‘bodybuilding wannabe' guard dog would scale me for sure.

But still, it's been a great month so I can't complain. Berry and I have spent every possible minute we could together and successfully out of the public's eye. Whenever any of us are in the tabloids or on news it's always about Yolanda and me and our music along with Zara as her PA. There's no pairing or romantic links between berry and I and I'll try keeping it that way for as long as possible. At least until I think she's strong enough to withstand the speculation.

We've also been seeing Dr. Lake every Monday and Wednesday for the past month too. Zara begged her to do some extra counseling on the side since she's not ready for the psychologist part. I guess she hasn't reached the stage where she wants to discuss her past just yet so that's understandable. She's doing really well you know? She's improved already over the past four weeks in mood and personality. She's more outgoing, spunky and witty. I like it. I think it makes her even more attractive. Seriously. I can't keep my hands off her most times which I'm trying to control because that could turn out to be problematic. She hasn't told Malcolm about seeing Dr. Lake and I can understand that since she'd have to tell him about me too. Dr. Lake also promised to keep our visits to herself so that's good. She still thinks Zara should tell Malcolm though...I hope she doesn't. Not yet at least.

Other than that, things are great. We've made a deal about keeping the displays of affection nonexistent at work. It's what's best for business and our professionalism. Plus, I don't need employee bullshit.

I've also been in the studio non stop for the past two weeks and so has Yolanda. We're really grinding to get all the vocals down. I'm talking some long hours with only bathroom and food breaks but you know I love it. I'm really getting back into my musical side and it's rewarding for me as a person and artist. I've forgotten how much I've missed this side of my life. I even pulled out my grand piano from my studio room at home and brought it up to the living room so I can have easy access when inspiration for a song and the lyrics hit.

Yeah, life right now is...sweet.

But I digress.

What I'm really worried about is having to call Zara right now and ask her to invite her brother over.

Shit, I'm panicking again...

 

"Dude! The pizzas are here." Trace conveniently interrupts my thoughts when he comes into the room carrying a pile of pizza boxes with Mike and Lonnie in tow.

Stopping my pacing in the living room to glare at him, I roll my eyes before I whip out my cell phone. I need to just get this call over with and hope for the best. "Put them out and go pop in the pop corn. My guests should arrive shortly. I'll grab the sodas and beers in a minute." I explain to Trace.

Nodding his head in agreement, he ushers Mike and Lonnie into the kitchen and the moment they're out of sight, I hit the speed dial on my phone placing it to my ears.

You know, I just spoke to my mom a while ago and I think she's more excited to meet Zara than and I am for them to meet. Zara doesn't know I've told her about us like the day after we got together. She's just so damn fretful. She shouldn't be. My family is really cool. They'll probably take her in as the daughter they never had and forget about me. I mean it. But whatever. I'm just pumped we're heading home for thanksgiving next week. I can taste nana's peach cobbler already...

"Hello?"

Snapping out of my daze, a smile instantly graces my features when I hear Zara's soft voice over the line.

"Where are you?" I inquire.

"On my way with Yol. She stopped by the house to see Malcolm." Zara explains and my heartbeat instantly quickens.

"Oh yeah right about that. I was thinking that maybe you should invite Malcolm over or..."

"It's too late for that Ju. Plus, you know he won't come. I'm driving right now. I should be arriving at your place in maybe fifteen to twenty minutes tops. Plus, he practically kicked Yol and I out. He said he wanted to sleep and didn't want to be disturbed. He's still sore and he's not supposed to move around too much so it saved me an explanation about where I'm heading." She explains and I breathe a sigh of relief.

Still, it doesn't change the fact that this little night thing I have going on for us is missing her brother's presence. Well, maybe one day when he can stand me, we'll do another one of these. Yeah...one day.

"Oh ok." Is all I manage to get out before I hear the doorbell as I press the phone against my ear before I plop down on my couch while tugging at my black jacket.

"What are you up to Justin?" Zara asks before I hear Trace saying he'll get it as he rushes to open the front door.

"You'll see when you get here. Listen I've got to go. Some of my guests are here. Hurry up woman." I joke standing on my feet when I see two of the people I invited step into the living room. Giving them tight smiles, I hear Zara saying ‘bye' over the line and I quickly return the favor before I hang up and stuff my cell into my jeans pocket. Locking eyes with the familiar persons, I grin widely for them when my vision focuses on what they're holding in their hands.

"We brought poker chips and shot glasses!" One of them beams and goddamn....tonight should prove to be interesting.

 

****

A few minutes later...

 

So, we arrived at Justin's about twenty minutes later like I estimated we would. After parking my Celica and noting the other vehicles in the driveway, I can't help but really wonder what the hell is going on. Well we're about to find out.

Walking up to the front door with Yolanda, I barely raise my hand to knock when the door swings open and music along with loud laughter and chatting comes floating outside.

"Zar-bear!" Trace beams before enveloping me into a hug.

"Hey Tracey-poo." I smile brightly when he pulls away.

"You look good." He compliments with a ‘thumbs up' and I thank him with a nod and a smile. I don't usually wear skirts but Yolanda insisted that I wore a short jeans skirt with her. We both have blue tops to match and well, she has high heels on but I'm sticking to my flats for now. "You two planned this?" Trace inquires as he darts his eyes between Yolanda and I.

"What's it to you dork?" Yolanda snickers, kissing Trace on his cheek before she pushes her way inside leaving us alone.

"That was rude." Trace laughs before diverting his attention back to me. "So, firstly we placed all the food in the kitchen if you're hungry. Also, I'm sure I don't have to tell you that you and Justin need to pretend like there's nothing going on between you two. I'm sure you'll figure it out when you see who's here." Trace states and I frown in confusion.

Ignoring my questionable glares, he pulls me into the house before he shuts and locks the door behind us. Escorting me into the living room, my eyes grow wide at the sight in front of me before I regain my composure. Ok, what's going on?

Laughing lightly, I notice that Justin has a full house tonight. I mean despite Trace, Lonnie, Mike, Justin, Yolanda and I, there's Jeffery Rush, Tameka Hill, Brian Walters, Rachel and I'm assuming the guy Yolanda is talking to is her personal trainer Blake because I heard her call his name. Damn.

 

 

"Night everyone!" I shout over the music watching as Justin's head snaps up immediately from the game of poker he and the other guys are playing on his round ebony table. I receive a series of ‘hellos' before everyone returns to their activities.

Justin quickly excuses himself and comes over to me.

"Hey gorgeous." He coos softly.

"Hey yourself handsome." I whisper back, loving the way he looks in his white t-shit, black jacket and jeans. He looks like he's right out of the movie Grease without the big gelled hair part of course. I'm just saying. "So partying it up are we?" I joke and he just chuckles before passing his hands over his face and then through his grown out curls. Ok, so I begged him to not cut his hair because to let you in on a little secret, I love that I can wrap my fingers in his curls and pull when we're making love. I don't know, it's kind of hot and he doesn't seem to mind. He is threatening to cut it eventually though.

"Uh..." turning his head to look around, he diverts his attention back to me with a sheepish grin on his face. "Something like that. I actually did this so you could come over and chill for a bit. You know since your brother's out of the hospital today, I thought I might do this for you. It was actually supposed to be your ritual Friday movie night like you used to have with your bro and he was supposed to be here, but, this quickly escalated into something beyond my control." Justin laughs and I just shake my head while giggling.

"I see." I smirk, watching as Trace seems to be trying to get Rachel to down a glass of whatever concoction he's holding in his hand. "Well seeing as Tennman employees are here I think you know..."

"No affection. Got it." Justin smiles before he gives me a quick hug to whisper in my ears. "You look hot by the way. Noticed you and Yol are matching too. I like it."

Blushing when he breaks our embrace, we're interrupted by Jeffery before I get a chance to respond.

"Z! What's up girl? I missed you at work today." Jeffery beams, giving me a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Justin takes a few steps back to create some space between us before he gives me a knowing glare while stuffing his hands in his jeans pockets.

"Hey Jeff, yeah I..."

"I heard your brother was out today. I'm happy." He smiles and I nod.

"Yeah me too." I reply.

"So, now that you're here...we can get the party started!" He says excitedly and oh no, I don't want be any part of this. Hearing Justin laugh when I make a weird face, I'm easily gripped by the arm and pulled to take a seat in the middle of everyone.

"Ok listen up people!" Jeffery shouts, shutting off the music and gaining everyone's attention. "We're going to play a little game." He explains and I hear Trace, Justin and Brian hollering before I tune them out. Oh god...

 

 

Blocking my face with my palms, I snap my head up when Yolanda calls out to me. Looking over at her, I notice the same guy she was talking to earlier eyeing me. "Zara this is Blake my personal trainer." She says with a roll of her eyes and I giggle.

"Nice to meet you Blake." I smile for him before shaking his hand.

"Likewise Yolanda's PA." He says with a wink and I frown. Uh ok.

"So the game is called ‘I've never,'" Justin begins and I quickly look at him. I know that game. It sounds familiar. Wait, those popular college students from my school used to play it at bonfires back in the day when I was with Christian. Oh god...everyone is usually ‘pissy' drunk at the end of that game.

"The object of the game is to be truthful at all costs because that makes it interesting. Ok, so we're all going to have shot glasses. And with every round and for every person's turn, you begin your sentence with saying ‘I've never' then state something. For example, I'll say, ‘I've never...kissed a girl,' for instance..." But Justin drifts off when everyone starts laughing. "Hey it's just an example people." He shakes his head before looking at me but I avoid eye contact. "So anyway I'll say I've never kissed a girl and the object of the game is, whoever in here has done that, you're supposed to down your shot glass. Whoever hasn't done it, isn't supposed to drink their shot but, explain why they've never done whatever it is the person has stated. Also, whoever's turn it is, he or she is supposed to randomly pick someone who's done the deed to explain in detail their experience. Sounds easy enough right?" Justin inquires and everyone nods in agreement. "Cool so make a circle around the coffee table so we can start." He adds in and everyone quickly situates themselves.

Shit I don't want to play this. That's like digging for information in a subtle way. Trace looks eager as hell too. Damn.

As Justin hands out the shot glass and pulls out a bottle of scotch as the chosen alcoholic substance, I can feel my nerves kick in. I'm not up for people knowing my business like this.

When he reaches to me and hands me a shot glass, I cringe slightly. "It's cool Zara it's clean fun so don't worry about it." Justin assures and I nod before he pours some scotch into my glass.

When everyone has their first round of drinks and Justin reclaims his seat, he volunteers to go first. "Ok, ok, let's begin people. So this is an easy one." He laughs heartily. "Ok..." Pausing, he looks around at the many faces in the room. Even Mike and Lonnie are playing. Raising his glass to his lips, he smirks before he spits out the first phrase of the game. "I've never...had sex before." He rambles out before he downs his shot of scotch. Grimacing a bit, he wipes at his mouth and I watch in horror as everyone begins downing their first shot for the night.

Staring down at my full glass I notice all eyes are on me and I quickly down my own noting Trace breathe a sigh of relief. Ah that's my Tracey-poo.

"That was too easy man..." Trace says but Justin interrupts him.

"We're waiting on you Yolanda." Justin explains and the entire group quickly looks over at Yol who's sitting there with wide eyes clutching her full shot glass. Oh no, I know that look. "Yolanda..." But then realization hits Justin and I can almost see his embarrassment for her. "Holy shit Yol." Justin chokes out.

"Well uh the game is if you haven't done it you're not supposed to drink the shot right? So"

"Wow, Yolanda you're a virgin!" Trace snickers and Justin slaps him hard behind the head. "Hey! Dude!"

"Shut up T!" Justin hisses before giving Yolanda an apologetic stare. "I'm sorry Yol."

"No it's cool. Secret's out." She sighs. Well that would explain why she hasn't told Malcolm she likes him yet. I should talk to her about that some time.

"Well I think it's good that you're choosing to wait." I pat her shoulder comfortingly.

"Yeah well if this is going to be like a sexual game, count me out because I'm sure there's not much I've done in that field." Yolanda explains sadly.

"It's cool Yol. You can seat out. I'm really sorry. I didn't know." Justin apologizes again.

"It's cool really." She forces a smile unto her face before placing her glass down on the table.

"Ok, she's fine. On with the festivities. It's my turn since we're going in a circle." Trace explains and Justin pours a round of drinks into everyone's glass again.

 

 

"Hit us with your best shot man." Justin smiles enthusiastically.

"Ok...I've never...had a three-some." Trace belts before downing his glass and slamming it down on the coffee table triumphantly. Rolling my eyes, I keep my full drink in my hand since I've never done that before.

I notice mostly all the guys except Jeffery down their glasses. Rachel and Tameka still have their full glasses.

Eyeing Justin when he swallows his shot almost instantly, I realize he's avoiding eye contact and he looks a little embarrassed. I know he's only like that because I'm here.

"Oh shit, Mike and Lonnie you dogs!" Trace barks before he continues talking. "Ok, we're skipping the part where one of the people who haven't done it has to say why they didn't. But, ask for the other part, I randomly choose Justin to tell us about his experience." Trace snickers and I watch how Justin instantly stiffens as his face reddens. Ha!

"What? Uh well..." Rubbing the back of his neck, I can hear people snickering under their breath. I'm still waiting to see what he's going to say. Locking eyes with me, he has a shy grin on his face and I really think he's blushing.

"Spit it out dude!" Trace belts.

"Yes Justin. Do tell." Mike reiterates and Justin gives him a dirty look.

"Fine." He relents. "Well you see...what had happened was...you see...it was back in you know Nsync days and..." Oh this should be good.

"Oh my god Justin! With two of the guys in the group?!" Trace screams in mock astonishment and Justin's orbs grow wide with shock?

"What?! Oh god no...hell no. Trace you asshole!" He defends and Trace smirks.

"Relax I'm just playing. Get to it though."

"Well...there were these two English girls. I think it was when we went to Europe once for some award show. They were twins and they were JC's friends and..."

"Wow twins! Score!" Trace interjects but Justin just sighs exasperatingly.

"Yeah and uh...god don't make me do this." He begs before placing his palms over his face. Aww, he's cute. He's uncomfortable because I'm here. It's really funny too.

"Fine you coward. Moving on. Rachel it's your turn." Trace beams before pouring out the next round of drinks. Jesus, I can already feel the effect of what I've consumed taking over. But the end of this night, I'll be drunk for sure. But it's fun so I don't mind.

"Ok!" Rachel smiles widely. "Alright...I've never...given head before. And head can mean the same for females too." She explains.

Looking around the room I notice everyone is downing their shots on this round. And yeah, I just downed mine too. Guilty as charged. Coughing when the strong substance burns the back of my throat, I notice Justin is giving me an evil stare. His eyes are twinkling with curiosity because well, I haven't exactly done that with him yet, so, I'm sure he's wondering who I've done it with. Shit. Uh, I knew I didn't want to play this stupid game.

Arching a brow and clearing his throat loudly, Justin opens his mouth to say something still giving me his unnerving glare before he's cut off by Yolanda.

"Trace your glass is still full!" She shrieks. That certainly catches our attention.

"Hold on a minute." Justin waves his hands before standing while looking down at Trace who's silent. "Holy fucking shit. Wait. Are you telling me that Trace ‘I'm the shit because I bang all these hot babes' Ayala never ate a girl out before?" Justin asks incredulously and Ah my Tracey-poo is nodding shyly. Aww. "Wow Juan just...wow. How is it that I'm your best friend and never knew this? Gooddamn." Justin spits out in amazement before he reclaims his seat.

"Ok, ok so what? I'm sure Trace will try it one day." Rachel interrupts but I don't miss when Trace crinkles his nose by her remark. Ha-ha. I think he's scared or disgusted to try it but I won't bring that up.

"Alright, on to the next part of the game. So, I randomly pick...Zara to share her experience with us of who she ‘gave head' to." Rachel says shamelessly and I gasp before I feel my cheeks heat up.

Oh no! Hell no! Jesus!

Feeling flushed and wanting to bolt for the door, Justin makes the situation a million times worse by egging her on.

"Yeah, we're waiting Zara. We want to know about your experience." He says saucily and oh I could just beat him up right now. I didn't bug him when he was talking about his three-some so why is he doing this? Ugh. Men!

"We're waiting Z." Jeffery voices and I just roll my eyes.

Well I guess I don't have a choice here.

"Fine...fine!" I shout. "I...uh...I did it with my ex."

"Ew with Jeremy?!" Trace interrupts causing everyone to snap their head in my direction. Well those that weren't paying attention anyway.

"Huh?" I inquire stupidly feeling my heartbeat pick up.

Justin is on the edge of his seat waiting to hear what I'm going to say next and god this is like torture. "Uh...no...no." I finally respond.

"Then who?" Tameka frowns. "I've only ever known about Jeremy."

"No, it was with my ex before Jeremy uh a few years ago when I was in college." Gulping down hard, I can feel the whirlwind of emotions coming to the surface. Oh god. I do not want to talk about Christian. There are some things about him I just can't talk about for reasons I will not state now.

I think Justin just picked up on my winded state because he quickly suggests that we continue but Yolanda interrupts this time.

"So who was it Zara? I'm intrigued." She bounces in her seat.

"I think we all are." Jeffery adds in and shit, here goes nothing.

"Well, his name was..." But I'm cut off suddenly.

"Oh come on. Can't you see she doesn't want to talk about it?" Justin snaps harshly, diverting the attention on his self.

"Don't get your panties in a bunch dude. She told us enough. We don't need any names." Trace quickly resolves the situation and I'm grateful because I don't need any questions about why Justin just got so defensive.

"Ok, ok...it's Mike's turn." Brian finally speaks. "Then it's Jeffery, Lonnie, Blake, Tameka and I." He explains excitedly and just like that, everyone becomes engrossed in the game again. Well, that went well...

 

 

So, I'm not sure how much time has passed but I'm sure a good couple of minutes have gone by. Plus, I've downed a few more shots since then and I'm really feeling dizzy right now.

Everyone is laughing hysterically and I'm pretty sure some of them are drunk. Ugh, whoever invented this game needs to be shot. Blinking slowly and trying to focus my blurred vision, I realize that it's finally Brian's turn. I can barely make out what anyone is saying. I feel hot, sticky and hungry and my harsh heartbeat is tuning out their chattering.

Uh shit, I think I'm going to be sick.

I can see Justin watching me ever so often as he and Trace are arguing over the last round where Tameka said something about "I've never skinny-dipped with more than one person at a time..." or some shit so...I don't know. I need to sleep...yeah. Sleep is good...sleep is really good.

Yawning lightly, I stretch out my limbs tiredly and I feel my intoxication is on the verge of knocking me out right now.

"Ok Brian...let it rip." I think Jeffery said that. I can't be sure. He looks funny, like a cloudy blur.

"Alright...this one should be easy." Brian begins as Mike pours out our rounds this time.

Gripping my glass tightly, I hear Justin call out to me. "Uh, Zara...I think you've had enough." He laughs, but, Trace easily protests.

"Leave her alone Jay. She's having fun. She's fine. We won't let her drive home."

"Yeah...I'm fine." I slur before giving them a lopsided grin.

Shaking his head sadly, Justin raises his hands in defeat. "Fine then." He chortles.

"Ok, ok..." Brian states. "So...I've never...had an affair with a fellow co-worker." He blurts out before placing down his full glass of scotch and I notice that a few people bring their glasses up to their lips but stop abruptly when they process what Brian just said.

Justin did the same thing before halting his actions and putting down his full glass on the table as his eyes grow wide with shock. Yeah, that's expected. Everyone is practically gone now, so their brain functions are slow to process with the high level of alcohol swimming in their blood.

Looking down at my full glass, I suddenly become mesmerized by the dark substance in it.

Wait. What were we doing again? I suddenly can't remember.

Shrugging uncaringly and glaring at my drink through half-shut eyes, I easily dip back my head and down my shot of whiskey before wiping at my lips.

Then I hear a slew of gasps before someone blurts out: "Zara!? You did that? No way!" In a surprised voice and guess what?

I don't even know what's happening right now as I rest back against the couch and shut my eyes, allowing the darkness to take over...

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story