Unspoken Desires


Next day...Thursday morning

 

"Lust is to the other passions what the nervous fluid is to life; it supports them all, lends strength to them all ambition, cruelty, avarice, revenge, longing, are all founded on lust."

 

"Mmmm....right there....right there....uhhhh...." I moan as my mystery guy traces wet patterns over my naked body with his tongue. Damn, I never want this to end...

"Jahzara!"

What the hell was that? Damn it. I don't want to wake up. Who's interrupting my dream anyway? I wish they'd go away.

"Jahzara! Get the hell up!" I hear the person shout.

If I hear that annoying scream one more time I'm gonna...

"Jahzara! It's seven fucking thirty. If you don't get your lazy ass up you'll be late for work!"

I feel the person shake me violently, before the covers are yanked off my body.

Shit! What did he say the time was? Seating up suddenly, my eyes dart around the room finally landing on a pair of very inquisitive and amused brown orbs.

"Oh my god..." I moan as I grip my head with my hands feeling it pounding like someone was drilling a hole right into my skull. "Holy shit." I mutter, rushing out of the bed, nearly knocking the person who's hovering over me down in the process. Dashing into the bathroom, I fall to my knees hunching over the toilet bowl as I release my stomach fluids. This is not good. Today is going to be a terrible day. I can sense it already.

How much did I drink anyway? I can't sit 8 to 9 hours in front of a desk today feeling the way I feel. I feel like pure and utter shit. I feel like I've been run over by a steam roller, then a cement truck, then a semi that backed up and ran me over again.

Standing on shaky legs, I look at my reflection in the mirror. Remind me to never let alcohol touch my lips ever again. My hair is flying in every direction and the make-up I put on last night is smudged. I look like death. Turning on the tap, I dash my face with water before I hear light chuckling behind me.

Flipping around I narrow my eyes at the person. Well I'm glad my ‘hang over' amuses him.

"Busy night eh?" He chortles harder until it grows into a full blown laugh.

Grunting, I push past him and head back into my bedroom with him close behind.

"I don't see why you're so bitchy. I wasn't the one who told you to drink." He adds, still grinning like an idiot.

Heading into my wardrobe, I pull out a grey pant suit and place it on my bed before I turn to face my brother. "Don't you have to be on duty Malcolm?" I snap with attitude.

He studies me for a brief moment before he shrugs stuffing his hands in the pockets of his slacks. "I have a night shift today. So, I'll be here when you get back from work. Maybe we can talk then." He suggests taking in my pissed off attitude.

"Yeah I guess." I reply downhearted. What the hell happened last night anyway? Everything seems so hazy. I'm never going anywhere with Jeffery and his ‘crew' again. Maybe if it's just him and me I'll consider it. I hope I didn't make a complete fool of myself in front of them last night. I won't be able to fathom the level of humiliation and embarrassment I'll have to endure if I did. But I can't think about that now, because I need to get to work before I have no job to go to.

Clearing all my thoughts, I grab my various bath accessories and run past Malcolm into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

 

By the time I'm done and dressed, I can smell the sweet aroma of coffee coming from the kitchen as it fills my nostrils. Inhaling deeply, my lips twitch into a small smile. My bro really knows his sister. It's just want I need for my hang over and to start off this messed up day.

Fixing my hair in front of the mirror, I've decided to change the style a bit. Today, I have it in one with a few loose tendrils hanging around my face. It's not a huge change, but it's better than having it up in a bun all the time.

Grabbing my belongings, I amble into the kitchen snatching the cup he just poured for him self, receiving a death glare. If looks could kill, I'd drop dead this very second.

Picking up my pace, I head straight for the front door.

"Hey Jahzara! Aren't you eating anything?" I hear Malcolm call out to me.

"Can't I'm late!" I belt, as I swing the front door open, heading down the steps of the apartment complex.

"I'll bring you something later then!" He calls out again and I'm assuming he's now in the doorway shouting to me.

Yelling an ‘ok' to him, I power walk to the parking lot until I reach my white Celica. It's not the most glamorous car in the world but it gets me to my destinations.

"Please don't fire me..." I mumble to myself as I get into the ride and back out of the parking spot, heading out of the grounds and unto Kirkman.

This is just fantastic. I'm caught in the morning rush hour. What else could possible go wrong today?

"Damn it. I really hope I don't get fired..." I let out an exasperating sigh, as I sit in my car turning on the radio while I wait for the traffic to ease up a bit so I can continue my journey to Tennman Records.

 

****

 

It's extremely unacceptable and out of character when the boss is so hung over, he can't function properly at the workplace. It's even worse when he has ‘sexual' encounters with his employees. But, what really takes the cake is when he can't stop thinking of said sexual encounter with said employee. Am I a horrible person? Wait don't answer that because if you knew more about me you might agree to that inquiry. I know I've crossed this invisible line and broken this unwritten rule between employer and employee relations.

What really pisses me off is that it's the one person whom I never even noticed before. She's just so dull...and boring...and...and...she's...well...fat. There I said it. She's big and unattractive and I must have ingested an excessive amount of alcohol last night to think any differently. She's maybe freaking out right now, afraid to come to work in fear of what I might do or say. But Damn it, why her? She's not much to look at. I mean, she's not even my type. She's far from it. Let me emphasize this. She is as far from my type as the distance between the sun and Pluto. Even further. It just won't work out.

I've been sitting here for the past half hour trying to figure out how I could have allowed this to happen. I'm also wondering if anyone saw. Did Jeffery see and not say anything? Are my employees talking about it? I know they gossip a lot. I also know their topics of choice always seem to land on me. So, what are they saying now? And even more importantly, what are they saying about...her?

It's depressing, but I've noticed how lonely she seems at the front desk when everyone else's offices are on the second floor. She's all alone down there whole day. She must not fit in with the rest of the employees. I've never really seen her mingling or mixing with them. She also looks like she lacks a whole lot of self confidence. She's just always so reserved and shy. Maybe it's because of her looks? I don't know really. I mean, she's not completely unattractive. She sure as hell was something else last night....

Stop this Justin. You're thinking and analyzing what happened between the two of you. It was an honest mistake and nothing more. It's not like she sits there whole day daydreaming about me. If that were the case I might have to fire her or something. We can't have that now can we? No, that's a ridiculous assumption. She's probably terrified out of her mind by me. I believe she thinks I have horns or I'm the spawn of Satan. Whatever it is, I'll need to call her into my office today and apologize for the misunderstanding last night and hope that we can get past it.

Yeah, that's what I'll do. I'll kick everything under the rug and still keep my professional persona.

Propping my elbows up on my desk, I grab the office phone and hit the call button.

After a few rings, Mallory picks up.

 

"Hey there sexy..." She coos into the line and a small smile graces my features.

Clearing my throat, I try to keep a firm tone when responding. "I've told you about this Lory. Not during office hours. Listen, I need to know if Jahzara is in yet. I tried her desk earlier but I didn't get an answer."

I can almost picture Mallory rolling her eyes on the other end of the line. She's such a jealous bitch sometimes. I guess you're wondering what the fuck is going on. Like I said I'm a horrible person. So, don't hate me for what I'm about to divulge, but, let's just say every boss has a weak spot for one of his employees. Mallory just happens to be my weakness. It's not my fault really. The woman practically throws herself at me every chance she gets. She's always walking around in those tight skirts and blouses that show off too much cleavage. I'm a man for goodness sake. I have so much will power against the opposite sex. To make a long story short, we've been hooking up for the past three or so months. But it's always outside the work grounds. I don't need anyone finding out about this. It's wrong. And I sound like the biggest hypocrite right now, but well...I have my needs too....

"Why do you care where she is? She's late. Just deduct it from her pay." She snaps. I find her feisty attitude appealing in bed, but here in the workplace it's quite disrespectful and irritating.

"Mallory, despite circumstances, I'm still your employer. It would do you well to remember that and show some respect with the way you talk to me." I sneer.

There's a light pause before she responds again. "You never had a problem with the way I talk to you before Justin." She stresses my name. I hate it when she does that. It's very unnerving to say the least.

"I don't have to sit here and deal with your attitude. When Jahzara gets here send her to my office." I demand sternly.

"Why? Are you taking some interest in her? You must be crazy if you are. She's hideous. What's going on?" She probes and I groan feeling irate. She's the biggest bitch...but the sex is good so...

"That will be all Mallory." I reply before putting down the phone. I'm really not in the mood to deal with her ass right now. Doesn't she know that I can still fire her? She doesn't pull any ranks just because she's sleeping with the C.E.O. Damn, I'll have to enforce that piece of information to her later.

Now, on to some important business. Yolanda. I need to get her on the phone and see how she's doing since Zara said she was sick. You see what I have to work with? Yolanda is a handful to deal with. She's only 19, so she thinks that her youth grants her invincibility. She's also very spontaneous and out of control with her careless antics and whims. She needs some taming and I know just the person to do it...who's the complete opposite of her.

By the way, if Jahzara doesn't show up to work in the next ten minutes, I'm suspending her with no pay. She's already fifteen minutes late as it is. But I'll be lenient on her since I feel somewhat responsible for this entire ordeal.

 

****

 

I finally make it through the company's large doors and walk briskly to my desk, slowing my pace when I notice Tameka at my seat on the phone.

"Of course Mr. Wright. Mr. Timberlake is still scheduled to travel in two weeks with Yolanda to visit you at WEG in California. I will set up that telephone conference meeting for you with him." She looks up at me briefly with a warm smile before she diverts her attention to the phone call again. "Oh...Miss Gilmore?" She frowns, locking eyes with me.

Wow, is Johnny Wright asking about me? This is odd. I've only ever transferred his calls to Justin or take down his various messages and meeting plans.

"Yes, she's still with us." Tameka giggles slightly and motions me over. I hesitantly walk into my small cubicle hovering over as I'm racking my brain on what he could possibly have to say about me. "Actually, she's right here sir. She just stepped in. I'll pass you over to her so she can finalize everything with you. Ok, sir, you have a nice day too. Please hold." Tameka presses the hold button and stands, so I can claim my seat.

"What was that?" I whisper to her.

"Apparently, Johnny thinks you're the most pleasant thing to grace this here planet. He's also pleased with how you've been on ball with all his requests and whatnot. Anyway, I was just holding on for you till you got here. I'm heading back to my office. Public relations just got a shit load of work and we're grinding girl. Bye!" Tameka waves as she moves to exit. I nod in response and thank her for covering, before she disappears down the hall.

Well damn, I never thought any of Justin's clients liked me. I guess I'm doing something right with my job after all. Taking in a deep breath, I release the hold button and place the phone to my ears to pick up where Tameka left off.

Putting on my cheeriest voice, I speak into the phone to Mr. Wright. "Hi! This is Jahzara speaking. How are you today Mr. Wright?...."

Back to my boring, monotone job. Oh how I envy the celebrities who live hectic, destructive lives right now.

 

 

So, the morning went well, and I'm just about ready to go on my lunch break when the phone rings. Looking at the caller Id, I realize it's Justin.

I just got a slight case of déjà vu. Not to mention I've been having these blurry visions of what happened at the club last night.

Grabbing the device, I place it to my ears giving the warmest hello possible.

"Jahzara, when did you get in?" He asks. Well damn, he could have returned my greeting at least. His voice is still sexy though.

"About 8:20 this morning sir. I'm sorry for being late." I can feel the ‘you're fired' coming on.

"Did no one tell you I've been expecting you in my office?" he asks a bit angrily. What crawled up his ass?

"Uh...no." I mutter unsure of what to say really. I hear him mumble something incoherent before he responds.

"Don't bother; I'm on my way down now." And before I can reply the line goes dead. Well, that was beyond awkward. Am I missing something here?

Justin makes it down and to my desk in record time. Instead of stopping at the front of the desk where most customers come to, he opens the bending door and walks right into the cubicle.

Oh wow, close proximity...guard goes up. What's up with him today? He's acting weird.

"I need to have a word with you." He cuts to the chase and I nod my head slowly spinning around in my chair to face him. Leaning against the table where my computer is situated, he gazes into my hazel orbs for a brief moment and I see something in his eyes I've never seen before. What the hell? I'm not sure what kind of look he's giving me, but it has me really uncomfortable and tense. But, I can't help the fire that creeps into my body at how good he looks in that long sleeved blue shirt and dress pants. Plus, he smells so good. His signature cologne is hypnotic to say the least. I love Curve cologne on a man. Wait, hold up...I know his smell. In fact I know it very well, despite how creepy or obsessed that may sound. I...I remember smelling it last night at the club too...I think I was dancing with someone when I was kind of high and...and...oh...my...god...It was him?!

 

*****

 

I can't get over the fact of how different she looks in her work attire. That's not the same woman that broke me down last night craving to take her right there on the dance floor. It's just...She's like two different people. I mean, the way she danced, looked, and smelled...everything about her had my senses going crazy. She was down right irresistible. But I'm looking at her now and I can't help but wonder where did that other woman disappear to? I'd much rather see more of her around here. She was so confident and sure of herself.

Goddamn, I need to stop this. I'm in over my head here. I'm...I'm...I'm not attracted to her. No I'm not. Looking at her now in her baggy grey pant suit makes me realize how unappealing she is. She's just so plain. And her hair...wait. What?! Her hair is different. It's always up in one on her head twisted into some kind of knot. It's different today. She has strands falling all around her smooth face. It looks kind of...cute. I can't believe I just said that. What is happening to me? How can I allow my standards to drop so low? I'm not saying she's the scum of the earth but come on people. Look at me and look at her. Ok, no. Don't do that. That sounded shallow. Damn, I have issues or something.

"Uh Mr. Timberlake? Are you ok? You seem to be having some kind of battle with yourself." Jahzara calls out to me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Well, it's now or never.

Sighing, I rub my hands together and pull up a chair, taking a seat directly in front of her. This is so awkward and uncomfortable. I just want to leave. I can't be this close to her right now. Everything is wrong and I kind of feel embarrassed. I never thought I'd phrase such a statement in regards to the opposite sex before. This is amazing.

"Do you remember what happened at the new club opening last night?" I ask her and I see her shift uncomfortably in her seat. I'm assuming she does, because she quickly breaks eye contact with me, fiddling with her nails. Is this a habit when she's nervous? It irks the hell out of me.

"Uh, well..." She trails off, bowing her head in shame. Oh no, not this shit again. She needs to learn how to speak up for herself.

"Spit it out Jahzara I don't have all day." I snap at her. I need to remain firm. I need to keep my authority persona or else people will think they can walk all over me.

Snapping her head up she furrows her eye brows at me. "As a matter of fact Mr. Timberlake I do remember. Actually, it just came to me a few moments ago. If I'm correct, I was on the dance floor minding my own business when you came up to me asking for a dance am I right? Everything is a bit hazy, but if I'm not wrong, we were getting really hot and heavy on the dance floor. I'm assuming you didn't know it was me. I sure as hell didn't know it was you at first. Is that why you're here? You want to deem what happened as a mistake and hope that I'll understand that it was a misunderstanding and be like it never happened? Because if that's the case, don't worry. I promise if no one saw, it won't get out. It was just a dance...nothing more." She states, before moving away from me and turning her attention to her computer.

Well, what the fuck just happened here? Where did that outburst come from? I'm speechless. I don't even know what to make of that. For a split second, that little boost of confidence made her slightly appealing in my eyes. She must have some balls to talk to her boss like that. I'd love to commend her for it, but I'm a bit pissed off right now. I don't know why really. Maybe it's because of the sexual tension I have built up since last night. And it's her fault by the way. She turned me on and didn't follow through with it. Not like I expected her to. Hmmm, I wonder if I could get her to wear that skirt for me again....Damn it! There I go drifting again. I think her daydreaming is rubbing off on me. Shit, but I'm horny right now. And if I keep replaying last night's events in my mind, I'm going to go crazy. Maybe I can get Mallory to fix my little problem later. Yeah, that could work perfectly.

I can't help the huge grin that's on my face right now. I see her looking at me oddly, trying to figure out why I'm smiling.

"Ok Jahzara, what you said is right. I guess I don't have to do much explaining since you've stated the obvious. I just want to apologize for my lack of judgment and hope that it won't cause any tension between us." I respond, standing to leave. The truth is, the longer I stay around her, the antsier I seem to feel. What's going on here? Something is seriously wrong with me.

She nods in agreement and diverts her attention back to the computer. I should be ecstatic that this was solved so easily. It's almost like she doesn't care. So, why do I feel disappointed by her reaction, or lack there of? Did I not affect her in any way? I'd like to think I did. Maybe she's hiding it?

 

Before I can make it out of her little cubicle, I hear someone call out to her. Turning to the source of the voice, I'm met with a tall, broad shouldered, buff man. He looks like he spends too much time at the gym gaining muscle mass. He also has a head full of jet black curly hair just like Jahzara. And, his complexion is sort of light brown. Who the hell is that? I frown as I watch the interaction between the pair.

"Oh my goodness! What are you doing here Malky?" She beams, leaning over the desk to give him a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Malky? Don't make me throw up.

"Following through with my word. I brought you lunch." He smiles at her and she squeals, taking the items from his hands before she kisses him on the cheek again.

Why am I standing here watching this? Clearing my throat loudly, they both turn to look at me. Zara gives me a look like ‘why the hell are you still here'?

"Oh Malky, this is my boss Mr. Justin Timberlake." The way she says my name sends shivers down my spine. I don't miss the roll of her eyes when she introduces me. Has she been hanging around Mallory? I can't deal with a Mallory clone. I'll fire them both if I have to.

"Pleasure Justin." He shakes my hand to greet me and I smile slightly. It's Mr. Timberlake you body building wannabe....

"And Sir, this is my brother Malcolm." She adds.

So this is her brother?....

Ohhhhh......

Giving a cheeky grin, I tell him ‘hello' and nod my head then let go of his hands exiting her cubicle in the process.

"Ok Zara. And it was nice meeting you Malcolm. I'll let you go ahead and take your lunch break then get back to your work." I voice as I begin to walk away. "Have a good day." I say to them both before I speed up my pace trying to get as far away as possible from Malcolm's questionable glares.

Finally making it into the elevators, I slump back against the metal wall, letting out a breath of relief. I've never felt so uptight in my life. What's happening to me?

"Damn..." I mutter, rubbing my hands over my face, trying to clear my mind.

When the elevators open on my floor, I'm greeted with a smiling Mallory. Just perfect. This day is going well so far. In fact, it's fucking fantastic. Note the sarcasm in my statement.

I mean, I have a sick artist who's missing out on her schedule, an employee who I'm seeing intimately outside of the office, A hectic life that won't allow me any time for rest and another employee I can't get out of my head. All I can think about is the way she rubbed up on me when we were dancing and how much I want her to do it again. I'm a sick twisted bastard. Maybe I should really take that vacation. Which reminds me, I need to tell Yolanda the good news that she'll be getting her very own Personal Assistant. She'll hate me for it, but someone has to keep that girl in check.

But back to Mallory. She's frowning now, as I step into the hallway, walking right past her. I can hear her heels clacking against the marbled floor as she follows behind me to my office. I don't really care right now.

I'm sexually frustrated and I can' t help but wonder, could I get away with murder if I was to shove Mallory's annoying ass out the large glass windows, watching as she fell stories down to her death?

It may be a messed up thing to consider, but right now...it's tempting the hell out of me.

 

****

Quote by: Marquis De Sade



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story