Four Days Later…Thursday…
Thanksgiving night…

Happy Thanksgiving…?


"Life is filled with twists and turns...sometimes they hit us unexpectedly..."



“Give me that Justin!” I scream at the top of my lungs when Justin dodges out of my grasp with my underwear dangling at the edge of his fingertips.

“I think you should go without.” He smiles cheekily.

“No underwear at thanksgiving dinner? Are you out of your right mind? Wait, don’t answer that, I forgot…you’re crazy.” I smirk before smoothing my palms over my tight fitted black strapless dress.

“Oh come on berry. We could make dinner interesting, with me sitting next to you, my hands under the table and…”

“Ok stop!” I raise my hands in the air with a scowl on my face. “You’re perverted Justin.” He’s just standing there in his dark jeans and blue shirt, laughing his heart out. He had his dad trim his curls this morning so he could tame them some and they look decent now but it’s only a matter of time before he chops them all off. I just know it. He’s seriously out of his right mind.

“Come on please? I think it will be hot.” He says while wriggling his eyebrows suggestively. Trying to keep a straight face since he’s just too damn adorable when he wants his way, I walk up to him and snatch my black panties from his hand before leaning up to give him a peck on the lips.

“No way buddy. I’m changing my underwear since this one shows no lining through my dress. I’m not going without.” I say firmly causing Justin to pout.

“You’re no fun berry.”

“I don’t understand you sometimes. This is thanksgiving dinner with your entire family Justin, and instead you want to play with me underneath the damn dining table?” I ask incredulously noting the amusement twinkling in his eyes.

“Hey, you started it this morning when you chose to turn me on and not follow through with fixing my little...problem.” He points to the slight bulge already growing in his jeans just from having this damn conversation.

He’s right; I really messed with him in the kitchen today when we were helping his mom and Nana cook. I kept touching and rubbing up on him in the most subtle way of course but it did the trick. It was hilarious too because he couldn’t do a damn thing about it since they were all there.

“Ugh, get over it Justin.” I giggle, before dashing into the bathroom and slamming the door shut when he makes a move towards me.

“I’ll get you berry. You can count on that.” He growls from the other side of door and I’m just laughing at him since he can’t reach me now.

“You bet Ju.” I snicker and he groans loudly so I can hear.

“I’m going to head down and help mom set up. Oh and Christopher is coming over, I invited him since his family is back in New York for thanksgiving. So, when you’re done come down baby please?”

“Ok Ju.” I reply, suddenly feeling nervous just by the mention of New York.

I know it’s ridiculous but I just can’t get Christian out of my mind and knowing that he’s going to be in New York when we are doesn’t make things any better. What’s even worse is that Justin and I haven’t even spoken about what happened since that night. We’ve just been so busy around here with his folks these past few days, we’ve hardly had time to sit and just chat. I’m thankful for that in a way because speaking to Justin has never been easy and since we got that call from Trace, he’s really been on edge, worrying about Yolanda and all. Trace did let us know that they were going to the police to file a report but that won’t do much unless those people who nearly ran Yol over show up again. God, I hope they don’t but I have the gnawing feeling that they will. I wonder who they are and why they’re doing this. All this is happening at such a bad time.

I mean, Justin and Yol’s albums are being developed now and expected to drop early next year. Then we’re supposed to take that vacation trip with Justin to the Caribbean before he heads off on tour with Yol. This is not the best time to have psychos after our little starlet.



Shaking most of my thoughts out, I quickly finish getting ready in the bathroom before I swing the door open realizing that I’m the only one up here in Justin’s room now. Taking a moment to look around, I sigh contently because I already know it’s a big step to have a guy love me enough to bring me home to meet his family like this. I know Justin really cares, but sometimes I wonder what life is going to be like when we publicize this relationship. I mean, Johnny doesn’t even know about us. I know he likes me, but will he still think I’m so great if he thinks I may be jeopardizing his star’s image? Justin can’t guarantee his fans and the public will like and accept me. Sure, I try not to focus on my weight much especially since we started visiting Dr. Lake, but even with the weight I’ve lost, I’m no size 0, 1 or even 2. I’m not the regular Hollywood girl Justin would have on his arm and that scares me. It does because if anything happens to us, I’m pretty sure it will be my fault from not being able to handle all the pressure in the limelight…

Snapping my head over to the nightstand next to the bed, I frown when Justin’s cell begins ringing loudly throughout the quiet room. I guess he forgot to take it? Giving myself one last glance in the mirror, I rush over to the phone and quickly flip it open realizing that the number is blocked.
Whipping around with the phone next to my ear, I head out of the bedroom so I can join everyone else downstairs and hand Justin his cell.

“Hello?” I say cheerily into the line as I walk down the hallway towards the staircase. When I don’t immediately receive a reply, I decide to speak again. “Uh hello? Is anyone there?” I inquire as I briskly head down the stairs, noting how everywhere is brightly illuminated with soft music playing in the background. When I decide to click the end button thinking that I lost the call, someone finally decides to speak up just as I make it unto the threshold facing the front door.

“Where’s Justin?” The person asks harshly in a low grainy whisper.

“Uh he’s…”

“Why didn’t he answer his phone?” They cut me off and I frown in bewilderment. That was rude.

“I’m sorry he left it, I’m bringing it for him now if you’d like to hold on…”

“No forget it. You let him know I’ll call back.” And just like that the line goes dead.

“What the hell?” Ripping the cell from my ear, I stare at it oddly just as I make it into the kitchen where most of Justin’s family is situated, preparing the different dishes to bring out to the dining room.



“Berry?” Snapping my head up, I notice Justin coming towards me with a bowl of vegetables in his grasp.

“What?” I ask in perplexity causing his brows to knit in confusion.

“What’s up? Are you ok?” Walking up to me, he leans down and places a soft kiss on my lips before he moves back to study my expressions.

“Uh yes I’m….” But I’m interrupted by Lynn.

“Oh Jahzara! You’re finally here! Oh and you look gorgeous sweetie. Here, can you bring this out and place it on the table for me please. We’ll be right out.” Lynn hands me a tray of scalloped potatoes and I smile warmly for her before I divert my attention back to Justin.

“They’re in a rush.” I point out and he chuckles as he leads me over to the dining table.

“Yeah well, it’s what they do best.” He sniggers and I roll my eyes as we place the containers unto the table.

Before he can turn around to head back into the kitchen, I stop him by gripping his arm.

“What’s wrong berry is everything ok?” Justin asks out of concern as he slicks his hand over my cheek.

“I…I’m fine. A call came for you. You forgot your cell; I just wanted to give it to you.” I say before handing his cell over.

Gazing at the device, Justin grabs it out of my hand before searching through his calls. “It’s a blocked number.” He says while locking eyes with me. “Did the person say who it was?”

“No, but they said they’d call back.” I shrug, shaking off the weirdness of the call.

“Oh, was it a guy or woman?”

“I uh…I don’t know.” I admit.

“Oh come on berry, I’m sure you could tell…”

“No, the person was whispering. It was kind of creepy.” I state and Justin frowns in thought.

“Well, that’s weird but whatever. Maybe they had a sore throat or something? I wouldn’t worry too much about it. They’ll call back.” He states before stuffing his cell into his back pocket.

Before I can get another word in, Lynn’s voice filters throughout the house… “Dinner is ready everyone, let’s sit!” She beckons and Justin easily grabs my hand to lead me over to our seats as his family starts appearing from different corners of the house where they were previously situated.

It really is a full house tonight with Justin’s folks, his grandparents and brothers. I noticed that his friend Christopher, the same one I bumped into at the supermarket a few days ago, is also there. When he sees me he smiles brightly and I wave at him shyly before everyone takes their seats and Justin’s mom brings out the huge turkey, placing it in the center of the table.

There are endless dishes just waiting to be dug into and I have to say, I’m actually looking forward to this feast without even worrying about what it’s going to do to my weight. A person is allowed to indulge every once in a while right? Besides this is the first real big family thanksgiving I’ve had. It’s usually just me and Malcolm. I miss my bro, but I could get used to this.

Blushing slightly when Justin winks at me, I bow my head and listen intently to Lynn as she instructs everyone to be quiet so prayers can be said before everyone digs in and proceed to fill their stomachs over a wonderful dinner and family chatter…


*****
Hours later…


I’m stuffed, lazy and craving more peach cobbler since I just finished what I was eating. Damn this is the life.

I have to say, this has been one of my most favorite thanksgivings to date, but I think it’s partly because berry is here with me. Sure, I’ve brought other girlfriends home, but none seemed to capture the heart of my family, especially my mom like berry has.

My mom really loves her. I just wish she’d get over her fears and see that she’s accepted here. Still I can’t really complain, at least not until I have that chat with her about what her brother told me about Christian. I already know that conversation isn’t going to turn over well, and I’m wondering if I should even have it here with her or wait till we get back to Florida. I might need Dr. Lake for this one.

I don’t want my family to see us fighting either. Yeah, maybe I can put it off for now. At least until we get back and can figure out what the hell is going on with Yolanda. I refuse to believe that there are people out there who want to hurt her. I mean, she can be a stubborn spoilt brat but that’s no reason to try and run her over with your car. Shit, this is just too much. At least she’s ok now and she’s spending time by Trace until we get back so that will be my first priority since we’ll be in the studio nonstop.

Damn, things are about to get crazy. I’m not sure how much longer berry and I can keep fooling everyone. We need to discuss bringing this relationship public with Johnny and my publicist and soon. I don’t want my fans finding out from anyone else but me. Those situations never turn out well.



“Here you go Justin…”

Coming out of my thoughts, I smile when I notice my Nana approaching me with her famous peach cobbler in hand.

“Oh man, Nana, I’m stuffed from the last batch. Do you really think I have space?” I chuckle and she laughs heartily because she knows I’ll never say no to that sweet goodness.

“Enjoy sweetie. We’re done with the dishes so Jahzara will be back with you shortly.” She explains and I nod from where I’m lounging on the sofa watching a past basketball game with Christopher and my step dad Paul.

Mom dragged berry away with them after dinner to help clean up the kitchen and wash the dishes. I know it was just an excuse to spend time with her alone so they could drill berry about our relationship. I hope she doesn’t let them break her down. They’re really good at that.

Stephen and Jonathan left with dad and Lisa a bit earlier but they’ll be back during the week. We’re all supposed to head out and have some family day before berry and I return home on Tuesday. I think we might be doing this family outing probably Saturday or Sunday. It was my dad and Lisa’s idea since they want to get to know Zara. I can’t really complain because I don’t exactly see them often so the outing, whatever they have planned, should be nice.

“You read my mind Nana, thanks.” Accepting the treat from her, I lean up to give her a kiss on her cheek before she disappears back into the kitchen.

Digging into the 'sweet delight' as I call it because I’m seriously hooked on the shit, I hear Christopher laughing from beside me.

Chris is actually an old childhood friend I grew up with until life led us in different directions. His was obtaining a scholarship to play football and I was starting my music career with Nsync. He used to hang out with Trace and I in school when we were younger and I can still remember when we went fishing with our folks at the lake during summer. We had some good times together and it’s always cool to catch up with old friends.

“What’s so funny?” I mutter with my mouth full before I swallow.

“What’s the deal with you and your girl? I know you two seem fine and all but I sense some tension.” He points out.

“Uh…” Wiping my mouth clean, I glance over at Paul noting how he’s pretending to ‘not listen in’ on Chris and my conversation. “You know all relationships have bumps that need fixing.”

“I know. I mean, I’m in no position to judge since this is like the second time I’ve been around you guys but it seems more like a wall than a bump man.” He points out.

So I’m a little annoyed by that statement but I’m not about to show it and prove his suspicions to be true. Berry and I aren’t exactly the picture perfect couple. We’ve never been and we’re never going to be that, but I do love her, so I’m going to make this work.

“It’s nothing we can’t solve.” I blurt out through irritation.

Clearing his throat loudly, Paul excuses himself and leaves the room stating that he needs to make a phone call or whatever. Yeah I know he’s lying but I’m sort of grateful he left because I don’t want anyone witnessing me ripping Chris a new one if he doesn’t shut up soon.

“Look I’m sorry. I’m just wondering what could possibly have you all so tense and on edge like this. I mean, Jahzara seems like a really sweet girl. Plus, she is amazingly gorgeous in a sort of exotic way. She’s definitely different and maybe a little shy? But it’s cute. You’re one hell of a lucky guy Justin. You should hold on to that one.”

Freezing in place, I put the plate of peach cobbler that I was eating down before I turn to face Christopher with a smirk on my face. Should I be bothered that he’s been paying this much attention to berry? I can’t decide but if I didn’t know any better I’d say he ‘likes’ her.

Yeah, that’s a big NO in my book. He better back off if he knows what’s good for him. Friendship be damned, I’m not liking this one bit.

“Oh, I intend on holding on to her, don’t you worry about that.” I hiss angrily and his eyes instantly widen in realization.

“Wow, I was just making an observation. I’m done now man. Didn’t mean to upset you or anything.” Resting back in his seat, Chris grabs the remote and ups the volume on the television indicating our conversation is over, thank god.

I was about to seriously tell him to 'shove it' since he knows nothing about berry and my relationship.

Sighing, I shake my head, dismissing him. “It’s cool man, don’t worry about it…” But I’m cut short when I hear the doorbell to the front door sound throughout the house.



Knowing that everyone is probably occupied, I voice that I’ll answer it before I hop up and rush over to the front door.

Unbolting the lock and swinging the front door open, my breath instantly hitches in my throat when I see who’s standing on the other side.

What the fuck?

“Wha…Lorry?” I all but scream out in shock because this is not fucking happening right now.

I mean, Mallory, of all the fucking people in the world, is not standing on the porch of my folks house, on thanksgiving night of all nights looking at me dead in the face. No, no this is not happening.

“Surprise.” She whispers and my eyes widen as I feel my heart skip a beat.

Shit, this is so fucking bad right now. I’ve avoided this for years. And by that, I mean, I’ve avoided my family ever knowing she existed in terms of me knowing her personally, much less finding out that she was one of my 'fuck friends' who just happened to work for me before I fired her some odd months ago. This is really not happening.

“What the fuck are you doing here? Are you fucking crazy?” I snap in a low hiss before I push her back and slam the front door shut, walking out onto the porch with her.

“I came to see you what’s the big deal?” She inquires innocently and I narrow my eyes at her wondering what she’s up to.

“It’s a big fucking deal. Jesus Lorry, are you trying to destroy me?” I sneer before gripping her hand roughly and dragging her down the front stairs with me.

“Ouch Justin. Oh come on, you were the one who called first or don’t you remember?” She giggles and I stop abruptly looking up and down the driveway for any sign of a foreign car that might belong to her.

“Where’s your car?” I ask, ignoring her for the most part.

“I had a friend drop me off. I figured I might stay a while, maybe meet your family.”

Turning around, I drop her arm and take a step away from her. “Are you demented?” I growl angrily. “That’s not happening. You’re leaving before anyone knows you were ever here.”

“You mean before Jahzara knows I’m here? Yeah I know you came here with her Justin. People have been talking. You can’t keep her a secret forever. You’re lucky it’s just your hometown.”

God, I swear the woman, even now, gets under my fucking skin. Trying to suppress my impulse to strangle her, I roll my eyes in annoyance.

“Why the fuck are you here Mallory? How did you even know where…” But I cut myself short because that’s a dumb question. Of course she knows where I live; I’m Justin Timberlake, plus she worked for me.

“You haven’t told her have you?” Mallory smiles knowingly.

“Tell her what?” I ask even if I’m sure I know the answer to that question.

“That my family is from here too? That you knew me growing up and even if you moved away all those years ago to join your boy band, when you came back when you were forming your company and I was back visiting from university, you offered me that job with you at Tennman. No one knows do they? I was sure you’d tell Zara that you and I have a little more history than in the work place…” She folds her arms across her chest and I’m only now taking in the skin tight jeans and white tube top she’s wearing. So maybe she still looks good but she’s the same bitchy Lorry alright.

“I didn’t think it was necessary considering you’re not that important Mallory.” I say through gritted teeth.

“Oh whatever Justin. The truth is I came here to find out why after all this time you decided to contact me.”

“Couldn’t you have called like a normal person?” I inquire.

“What, and miss your priceless expressions? No. Besides, I’ve missed you.” She coos and I cringe from disgust. Shit, why is this happening now?

“Leave Lorry…now…else I’ll make you leave.” I snap full of rage.

“Hey you were the one who called me first…”

“I ended the fucking call! I didn’t even tell you five words! You think you’d get the hint.” I scream out in frustration. She’s fucking trying to destroy me I just know it.

“Oh please, you called because you missed me but you chickened out because she’s turned you into a complete pussy.” Mallory retorts, referring to Zara as she points towards the house and I think this is where I draw the line.

“Ok Lorry, get in the fucking jeep, I’m taking you home.” I instruct before I pull out the car keys from my back pocket and turn off the alarm before unlocking the doors.

“And how are you going to explain your sudden disappearance?” She asks before getting into the passenger side and buckling up.



Giving the front door one last glance, I quickly hop into the driver’s side and bring the jeep to life, backing out of the driveway and unto the main street before anyone can come out here and see us. Maybe this isn’t my best idea to date, but it sure beats Zara and my family seeing Mallory here.

“I’ll think of something. Don’t worry about it. Just never make that mistake and show up unannounced like that again.” I instruct and Mallory scoffs.

“Whatever Justin. I live in Orlando now too you know. I’m only here visiting my family for thanksgiving.”

“Funny you did it the same time as me.”

“Oh eat shit. I’m not stalking you, you asshole.”

“Never said you were babe.” I smirk as I turn down in the next street, having an idea of where Mallory lives. I’m still going to need her to direct me because it’s been years. “Besides, I’m sure your folks miss your presence.” I explain and she laughs out.

“Doubt it. I left them arguing like they normally do. It would be like I never even left.”

Turning to give her a quick glance, I frown when I notice the slight anguish on her face due to the mention of her parents. Shit, I don’t even care to know.

Jumping slightly when my cell begins ringing and vibrating, I quickly pull it out of my jeans pocket realizing that it’s the home line on the caller ID.

Flipping the phone open, I press it against my ear, instructing Mallory to stay silent. Raising her hands in defeat, she turns to look out the window as I quickly say ‘hello’ into the line.

“Ju? Baby where the hell are you? You just disappeared.” It’s Zara and she sounds really confused right now. I don’t blame her.

“Uh yeah, yeah babe I uh, actually I left.” I admit before swallowing hard. God, I’m going to hell for this. I shouldn’t be doing this but I really can’t see any other way out except to lie about my whereabouts. I’m not exactly proud of it.

“Oh…where to? Why didn’t you say anything? Chris said the last time he saw you, you went to answer the front door.”

The fucked up thing in all for this is that there is no hint of suspicion in Zara’s voice. I’m only now realizing just how much she trusts me and would believe just about anything I tell her. I’d never want to screw up that trust, but this is the one time I’m going to take advantage of her trusting nature, hoping that she can forgive me for it when I actually build the balls to tell her the truth.

“Yeah, yeah I did. And I’m sorry for skipping out like that…” Glancing over at Mallory, I shut my eyes briefly before focusing back on the road as my lie spills out of my lips. “But babe don’t worry about it, I’ll be right back ok? I promise, I just need to pick something up real quick before it gets later. I didn’t want to disrupt your cleaning spree.” I joke and Zara giggles and I feel terrible.

“You’re so stupid.”

“Mmmm…” I mutter, hating myself right now.

“Ok, well hurry back and I’ll let Lynn know that you just stepped out for a little bit. Oh but who was at the door?” She inquires and I freeze momentarily.

“Oh uh just the neighbors wishing a happy thanksgiving. I told them everyone was really busy so they said they wouldn’t disturb us and would stop by again tomorrow.” I quickly rattle out.

I’m not a good liar, and anyone could probably tell I’m bullshitting but berry is practically oblivious to it because she simply says 'ok' and sends a kiss through the line before I hear my mom calling out to her and she says 'bye', hanging up. I'm just going to say she's ignorant because she trusts me.

Exhaling harshly, I shut the cell and stuff it back into my jeans pocket, ignoring Mallory for the most part when she clears her throat loudly.

“It’s never good when you start keeping things from your significant other Justin.”

“Would you have rather I told her I was with you because you did a stupid thing and showed up on my family’s doorstep?” I snap.

“Good point. But it only takes one lie Justin and the rest tend to follow really easily afterwards.”

“Just shut the fuck up Lorry except to direct me to your home. This is your fault.” I snort and she gives in with a heavy sigh.

“Fine take the next right and I’ll tell you where to go from there.” She instructs and I shake my head in agreement.

God, I fucking hate this. I can’t believe I lied to berry. She’s going to hate me when I tell her. Should I even tell her? I know I may have done a really stupid thing, but shit, it’s not like I’m cheating on her. I know that doesn’t justify my actions and the best bet would be to tell her the truth, but I think I can wait until we get back to Florida to drop that bomb along with all the others I’m sure we need to get out before everything blows up in our face.

Shaking my head sadly, I welcome the silence as I keep my sole focus on the road, anxious to drop off this ‘load’ so I can get back home where I belong. This is just a minor dent that can be fixed easily so I need not worry too much.



When my cells goes off again, I tense and contemplate on whether or not I should answer it. Maybe it’s Zara ready to curse me out because she thought about what I said and realized I was lying through my teeth. Damn…

Pulling out the phone from my pocket, I flip it open noting that the incoming number is blocked. Glancing over at Mallory, she’s successfully keeping to herself as she continues to stare out the window. Well, that’s good I guess.

Pressing the talk button, I place the phone to my ear while keeping my other hand on the steering wheel.

“Yello.” I say smoothly before taking a right down the next street like Mallory instructed.

“Glad I got you and not your girlfriend this time Justin.” The person’s voice comes out in a grainy type of whisper and I frown in bewilderment.

“I’m sorry who’s this?” I inquire hearing them snicker on the line.

I’m starting to think this is the call I missed earlier which berry took. She wasn’t kidding either. This is kind of creepy.

“I have one thing to tell you Justin. Break up with your toy now before you go public about your relationship, and you won’t have to worry about your precious artist getting hurt.” They instruct in a low hiss, and I’m seriously trying to figure out if this is a man or woman and who the fuck is messing with me now.

“I’m sorry what? Is this some sick joke?” I laugh uneasily, briefly locking eyes with Mallory when she turns to glare at me.

“No joke Justin. Just do it before you go public. I’ll give you…till your album drops. That should be enough time to cheat or do whatever you have to do to break her heart without letting her know why. I’m serious. If you value Yolanda and the other people you care about safety, you’ll follow my instructions…” The person’s voice fades off and before I can get a word in, the line goes dead.

Ripping the phone from my ear I glare at it in shock wondering if I dreamt that call.

“Something wrong Justin?” Mallory snaps me out of my thoughts and I cut my eyes at her.

“No, just guide me to where you live so I can get back home.” I snap at her, still slightly dazed and she nods before she rattles out her family’s home address.

Not saying anything else, my mind begins riling with thoughts on what the fuck that person meant. I’m pretty sure they threatened me. What I don’t understand is how they’re going to benefit from me breaking up with berry. I’m not going to break up with her. Whoever the asshole is, they’ll have to come better than that. Granted I’m going to get Johnny in on this now since I can’t hide my relationship forever, that fucker is going to need to do a lot more to get to me because like I said before, I’d fight the world to be with Jahzara. Plus, I’m pretty sure if I don’t get to the asshole first, Malcolm will because I know for a fact he doesn’t play when it comes to his baby sister. And really, neither do I.

*****
Quote by Unknown


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story