November...

Two Days Later...Tuesday night...

 

‘No One Will Tear Us Apart'

 

“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. A part of you has grown in me. And so you see, it's you and me together forever and never apart, maybe in distance, but never in heart.”

 

It's been two days. It's been two days since I spoke to Christian and he was weird with me on the phone telling me all these strange things about photos of Justin and me. It's been two days since Justin disappeared again, only this time when he got back home he was all over me like he hadn't seen me in forever. Now I'm not one to complain, but I didn't think that substituting whatever was bothering him with sex was the best route to go, though it was still amazing.

Right, so it's been two days too long with us acting like everything is ok when there are photos of us just swimming around in the media. I've avoided the television especially the music entertainment channels these past two days because I'm not ready to see myself on there being dissected by those gossiping animals.

Lynn has been a godsend though. If it weren't for her calming me down and coaching me on how to deal with the public when it comes to Justin and my relationship, I'd be a mess of nerves right now, but I'm good. I'm really good surprisingly. I know there are a ton of things that need to be dealt with and settled but it won't be easy. Malcolm and Yolanda are big problems that we need to settle. I know my brother. He's going to want to hurt Justin when he finds out though I don't see why. I'm a big girl who is allowed to make her own decisions and mistakes. I'll just have to soften him up some before he ever lays eyes on Justin again. Then, I'm going to need to help Yolanda through this strange crisis she's experiencing because her album can't afford to suffer now that she's going to be completing it in the studio.

But all of that is minor, because right now, I have a very distant Justin sitting next to me as we're airborne in his private jet heading back home to Florida.

It was a sad goodbye when his family came to see us off. Lynn was crying but kept promising that she would see us again soon. I swear even though she's petite she's so strong. When she hugged me I almost couldn't breathe. She kept kissing Justin all over his face, telling him to be careful and to take care of us and to deal with this paparazzi thing in the best way possible. He promised her, but I know somehow he was lying. He won't make a big scene and cause more problems for himself, but he isn't about to handle this catastrophe with a smiling face.

Overall, it was an amazing visit to his home and I enjoyed every minute of it. What I don't get is why Justin is pretending that everything is fine when it's not. I'm more than ready to talk but every time I try he quickly changes topic or finds a way to stop it. Well we're thousands of feet in the air now, so there is no escaping it. I wish he'd just talk to me.

 

 

"Justin..."

But that's as far as I get before he stands and makes his way to the back of the jet where the mini bar is situated.

Sighing, I rest back in my seat feeling dejected. Looking down at the light blue fitted dress I'm wearing, I roll my eyes when I think of what it's going to be like back home now with everything that's happened. Why couldn't it just have been a simple family outing? Thanksgiving was great! But why did all of this have to happen? I'm not sure I can handle the speculation from Tennman employees and my brother. I'll rip them all new ones if they piss me off I swear. I'm not about to let them come between Justin and me. Not even Christian is going to if I can help it, though I'll need to know more about those photos he got. I'll figure it out. We'll figure it out and put an end to this strange shit that's happening now.

Taking in a deep breath, I unbuckle my seatbelt and jump up on my feet, fixing my matching jacket over my shoulders before I amble to the back of the jet, taking in Justin's hunched position against the counter as he nurses whatever drink he's poured out for himself.

He's not one to be so withdrawn so I'm pretty sure there are some serious things bothering him and he's maybe afraid that if he gets too riled up he'll take it out on me, but I don't mind because it's better than keeping it inside where it can eat away at him.

"Ju..." I touch the top of his shoulder gently and surprisingly he sighs softly before relaxing under my touch. He's not making any eye contact with me as he sips on his poison but at least he's not pushing me away. "Let's talk about it." I voice calmly, noting the light scowl on his face by my suggestion.

"Let's not." He mutters and really, that's the first thing he's said to me since we got on the damn jet.

Closing the gap between us, I walk to the front of him until we're face to face. He's still avoiding eye contact with me but, this time he downs the rest of his drink with one large gulp before placing down the glass in the small sink. I'm silent as I study him intently. I know he can't ‘not' talk to me forever.

"Ju, what's wrong? I'm not freaking out ok? So don't worry about it. We'll deal with this. Your mom was amazing in helping me overcome my fears and she told me if I ever needed someone to talk to just call her." I try to explain to him.

He's dressed in a simple black t-shirt and jeans and his hair is untamed on his head. He looks tired but I know it's because of all the thinking he's been doing. It's draining him. He finally lifts his head to lock eyes with me and I smile slightly while gazing into his beautiful blues.

"Johnny won't stop calling me. And neither will Trace." He admits and I frown.

"Oh...ok but..."

"I think the photos are out but I can't be sure because I've been ignoring them for the past two days." He explains and I nod, urging him to continue. "You know, it doesn't have to be a big deal. We can deal with this. We can. I just...I'm not sure how yet." He exhales harshly before scratching at his stubble in thought. "Maybe I should call back Johnny. I can't do any of this without him. Not with my album scheduled to come out soon as well as Yolanda's."

"I agree you should talk to them." I point out. "Who's picking us up at the airport?" I inquire.

"I told Mike to come get us. I don't want to deal with Trace's twenty-twenty questions and I don't think I want to face your brother just yet." He smiles sheepishly for me and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Malcolm won't hurt you if I have anything to do with it." I say confidently.

"Says you..." Stretching his arms out, Justin pulls me into his embrace before dipping his head to rest in the crook of my neck. "I love you berry...so much. I don't want to lose you in all of this." He whispers as I bring my hands up to his curls in an attempt to tame some of them.

"I love you too Ju. You won't lose me so don't worry about it. Nothing and no one is going to tear us apart." I coo as his hold around me tightens.

"I want to believe that, I really do..."

"Then believe it Justin." I cut him off.

"That asshole called me you know." Justin mutters before I feel his cool lips against my warm skin. Inhaling sharply, I feel my heartbeat increase when he continues assaulting my neck as my fingers get tangled up in his soft curls. "Mmm...do you remember what happened at this very bar when we were going home for thanksgiving?"

"I remember." I giggle. "I can add having sex on a jet to my list now." I snicker feeling him smile against my flesh.

"Uh huh, ok smartass."

"Wait hold on. What asshole called you?" I almost forgot he told me that. Ugh, he needs to stop before I take him right here again like the last time.

"Christian..." He mumbles still kissing me and huh?

"What!?" I say in shock, trying to pull away but he keeps me in place so I can't budge. Rooting my hands from his hair, I push against his shoulders until he lets me go. I stumble back a bit, noting the glassy look in his eyes as his blues darken. How can he just...I know he's not getting turned on right now. "What do you mean Christian called?" I'm completely shocked, not understanding how this could have possibly happened.

"What part of ‘the asshole called me' don't you understand Zara?" Justin snaps, narrowing his eyes at me. "It's nothing though. I ended the call before he could even really get much out. So, don't worry about it." He shrugs.

Has he lost his fucking mind? How can he just brush this off? And why in the world would Christian call him!? How did he even get Justin's number?

"Justin..." But he cuts me off with a wave of his hand.

"We have more important things to worry about than your fucking ex thinking he has some say or place in your life Jahzara." God I hate when he says my full name. He only ever does when he's seriously pissed off even if he's hiding it well. "I promised myself I wouldn't blow up about this. I promised I wouldn't take it out on you because I don't want to fucking lose you. But I swear, if you even try to lie to me and tell me that you haven't been talking to him enough for him to think that it was ‘ok' to call me then we have a problem." And he said all of this with a straight face in the calmest tone. Should I be worried?

Backing away from Justin, I shake my head in protest. "I haven't..." But I stop when he shoots me a warning glare. "Shit Justin, he just called me one time after the night when you overheard me talking to him and...you know, it was the same day when we went fishing and all the paps showed up."

"So you weren't speaking to Yolanda huh? It was him. I kind of figured it out with the speed you turned off the damn cell and stuffed it in your pocket. " Folding his arms across his chest, Justin's blues are practically boring a hole into me.

"I did talk to Yol before that. Look Justin, I'm just as confused as you are."

"Obviously." He says sarcastically and I groan.

"I'm not going to fight with you." I snap back.

"I never said we were going to." He retorts.

"Then what are we doing now?" I raise my hands in the air in defeat.

"Talking..."

There's a long pause after he says this.

Then he laughs. He actually laughs. "Zara what are we doing seriously?"

"You tell me Justin." I think he needs some psychoanalysis; something is wrong with that man.

"Look I'm not angry. Not anymore. Well, not really, but I had enough time to clear my mind. You see the night I uh...disappeared...again, I went back to the lake to just chill. It wasn't the best or safest option but just sitting there watching the peaceful water and the way the moon's light reflected off the surface really calmed me down and put me at ease and it helped me to think about a few things. So, I really would just like you to tell me what's going on, if that's not asking for too much."

 

 

Wow.

What do I say to that? I can't possibly tell him everything I want or need to. But I guess since Christian called him I should maybe explain about those photos.

Taking in a deep breath, I calm my nerves not having any idea what the outcome of what I'm about to divulge will be.

"Ok Ju, to put a long story short, Christian received photos of the two of us out and about from the last few months dated as far back as our trip to LA. We don't know how the person or persons know about him or found him to do this and why, but he's just as baffled as we are by it all. I promise you that's all it is and if anything, I'm only going to hear from him again to try and settle this and maybe just put my past to rest once and for all if that's ok with you." Arching my brows when he looks away from me, I frown almost instantly when I see some form of realization spread across his face. He doesn't seem shocked or surprised at all. But why? What isn't he telling me?

"So, someone has been watching us all this time?" He inquires softly and I shrug.

"I guess but I wouldn't be too worried about it. Must be those disgusting paps. They'd stop at nothing." I admit.

"Yeah, yeah I get that but I don't think it's that easy. You ever stopped to think that what if there is someone out there who really doesn't want us together and would stop at nothing to make sure we're apart?" He's eyeing me now, awaiting my response but there is not much I can say to that. The only person I can think of at the moment is Jeremy and we haven't seen or heard from him in months.

"I...I don't know..."

"Yeah? Well I do..." But before he can continue, we're interrupted by the pilot over the intercom system telling us to buckle our seatbelts and that we'll be landing in Orlando soon. Oh great...home sweet home. I just know things are about to get worse.

"Don't worry about it Ju. We'll deal with all of this. Just call your manager and publicist and I'll be sure to deal with Malcolm." I explain.

Sighing exasperatingly, Justin grips my hand and leads us back to our seats so we can buckle up. "Fine, but you're staying with me tonight." He states.

"What? But..."

"But nothing. Your brother maybe knows now so I don't see the big deal. I'm not ready for us to be apart just yet. I want you with me, please? Will you stay?" Aw, he's pouting. It's cute and I can't possibly say no to that.

"I guess one more peaceful night is in store huh? Before the chaos sets in?" I laugh and Justin nods in agreement.

"Definitely." Leaning over, he kisses my lips tenderly before he pulls away and I look out the window noticing the runway lights below.

"Plus, I could really use some sleep because heaven knows if I go home, Malcolm won't give me space to breathe." I giggle.

"No offence or anything, but your brother can be a real uptight asshole most times." Justin voices and I shake my head in agreement.

"Yeah, but I love him and he's my uptight asshole." I snicker causing Justin to groan before he fixes his posture in his seat.

"Ok whatever. But if he pisses me off enough then I'm willing to look past the fact that he's a cop and a bodybuilding wannabe and give him a piece of my mind."

Turning to glare at him, I notice that his eyes are shut tight but there's a light smile on his face and I simply smirk, not bothering to entertain him as the jet begins making its decent.

Oh joy. You know, this is the first time I've wished I was anywhere else in the world besides back home. It's sad but at least things aren't all terrible. I still have Ju with me and he's dealing with this Christian thing very well, though I'm a little suspicious with how he's just brushing all of this under the rug. I just hope that we can get past the media frenzy I know we're going to face when our busy lives pick back up.

 

 

*****

Hours later...Orlando, Florida...

Justin's Estate...

 

 

She has no clue how I've been trying...literally fucking fighting to not lose my temper on her because I love her and I'm not looking to be that jerk that pushes her away. I know for a fact if I did and she went crying to her brother or something I'd never be able to get to her again and I don't want that.

Still, I swear the night when Christian called me I was wishing that by some twist of fate he'd magically teleport to my living room so I could beat the shit out of him.

I can't think of that now. I've more less simmered down thank god and I'm actually glad to be back home. I have to say though, the moment that Yolanda's album and mine are out and she's out there doing her thing, and I won't have to babysit her anymore, I'm moving back to LA. I only moved out here to attend to this branch of my business and to make sure that Yolanda was set since she's the newest artist signed to my label. But she seems to be doing well without me now and she has a great PA who keeps her schedule in check so I'm definitely moving back to LA. I'd maybe suggest she tag along too so she can get herself more acquainted with the Hollywood lifestyle since she's going to be head deep in it soon.

Yeah, by next year, I'm out of here. I miss my home in LA and Rachel since she's back there and I'm out here. She's like my other assistant besides T who is going to be really busy with William Rast soon. Plus, I need a change of pace. I might as well accept it since I can't get away from the fucking lifestyle.

I mean, I'm still pissed off that I was ambushed in my own hometown by the damn paparazzi. I can't let that go, not yet. Plus, if I move back to California I'm taking berry with me. She needs a break from her overbearing brother and I swear cop be damned, if he so much as tries to keep me away from her I'll be the next person to wound his ass. I really don't give a fuck now. I just want all of this shit to disappear into thin air before I decide to take matters into my own hands.

 

 

We've been home for a while now. Mike picked us up at the airport like he promised and Lonnie was there as well. I knew from the moment I saw those looks on their faces that they knew. I'm also certain that Johnny's been in touch with them because they have been on my case to give him a call but I'll call when I'm good and ready. I don't like that people want to dictate my personal life; I can handle the career and music part to a certain extent since it's their jobs, but my personal life is where I draw the line.

"I need a drink."

Getting up from where I've been lounging on my sofa in grey cotton slacks and a white wife beater, I amble into the kitchen to grab a beer from the refrigerator.

Shit, I need to get into work before the week is done and I also need to call Tim to get those studio times set up for the next three or so weeks so we can finish up the remaining tracks on the albums. Damn I miss my ma already. She did talk to me about all of this. She told me it was important that I supported Zara and put her first before my terrible temper and anyone else on the outside, but it's easier said than done. It's not easy when I see Zara doing some really stupid shit like staying in contact with her ex who nearly destroyed her when I really don't see any reason for her to.

I hate to admit it, but I know she's still curious about him. I told her there was shit hanging in the air between them with the way things ended. I'm still certain that he did some shit to her when they were together based on what Malcolm told me but I doubt she'd ever cure my suspicions. Rolling my eyes at that thought, I gulp down a large portion of the beer in my hand before wiping at my mouth.

Zara's upstairs knocked out cold in my bed. When we got in, she headed straight into the shower and then she changed into her sleepwear before crawling under the sheets. By the time I had my turn and walked out of the shower she was sound asleep. I guess she was more tired than she let on. It's been a long trip so I simply changed into my present attire and left her to sleep before heading downstairs to just chill for a bit. I'm not sleepy, far from it in fact because my mind just won't stop spinning.

Finishing off the beer in my hand, I toss the bottle in the trash and move to grab another one, but my actions are cut short when I hear some loud banging on my front door. I'm betting it's Trace. I just know it is.

Groaning, I call out to Buckley and Brennan when they begin barking at the loud noise. He needs to stop this shit before he wakes up Zara. Damn it.

"Buck, Bren!" I whistle for them to come over to me.

When I get them away from the front door, I quickly walk over to it unbolting the lock and swinging it open before a short blur storms in past me.

Sighing, I slam the door shut and lock it before whipping around to face my best friend who seems to be more confused than pissed.

"I thought you might want to see this." He explains. "Even if you've been avoiding my ass because you know I'm about to give you an earful." Walking up to me, he hands me a tabloid magazine and I frown when I see a picture of Zara and me on the cover outside of the ice cream parlor we went to. As expected.

"You know I don't read that shit man..." I scowl moving to hand it back to him but he stops me.

"Read the fucking headline Justin." He instructs and I lock eyes with him before my vision is diverted to the cover.

"Justin Timberlake and Jahzara Gilmore's secret love affair? What?" This is beyond ridiculous. How are we having a secret love affair? We're not married to other people or with someone else so what the fuck is wrong with these people? "Whatever man." Handing the tabloid back to Trace, he frowns at me before he flips over to the article.

"That's not all dumbass. According to the tabloid, you and Jahzara have been together for quite a while now. Even when the rumors of those photos of you two at the basketball game in LA started. They're saying here that you took favor in her and promoted her in Tennman to work alongside you and Yolanda because of your affair. They're calling it an affair because she was with Jeremy or whatever. They think she was cheating on Jeremy with you and you of course were the influence in getting her to do so. It's really twisted the things they are saying in here. They're literally taking her apart piece by piece. There is even some talk in here about her weight and her having some eating disorder..."

Ok that catches my attention. Grabbing the magazine from Trace's grasp, I quickly scan over the article before a large frown adorns my face. I can feel my stomach twisting into knots as I read over the words carefully. "What a bunch of heartless muthafuckas." I spit out coldly. "Whatever, it doesn't matter. We'll handle it." Giving the article one last glance, I rip it in half and move away from Trace to toss it in the bin.

 

 

He follows me back into the kitchen, hopping up on the island and I proceed to grab another beer before twisting the cap off.

"So where's Zar-bear? And how the fuck did the paps get at you back home?" Trace questions as he ruffles his cream colored shirt.

"Don't know, don't care. And Zara is upstairs asleep."

"You do know Malcolm is going to go crazy on both your asses. I can't cover for you all with your faces plastered everywhere." Trace has a worried expression on his face as he says this and I think he's well aware of ‘Malky's' temper.

"Yeah well Malcolm can kiss my white ass. He needs to let Zara live her life without trying to control it. He can't pick who she loves or dates even if I know he wishes that he could." I seethe.

"Yeah but remember that she is his baby sis and his only real family. He's not going to give her up that easily Justin. Especially not now when he believes that her being with you will bring more harm than good because of your status. I've heard how he talks about her. Malcolm adores his sister and loves her to death. I don't think he likes the idea of another guy, especially a spoilt celebrity brat like you coming in and taking her away from him man." Trace sniggers and I shoot him a nasty glare.

"I am not spoilt or a brat Ayala." I warn.

"Uh huh." He drawls out lazily.

"Whatever bitch." I say with a smile on my face. Yeah, I've missed my best friend no doubt.

Taking a swig of my beer, I rest against the counter trying to figure out what I'm going to tell Johnny when I speak to him tomorrow and my employees.

"So how was thanksgiving? Sorry I missed it. The clothing business has me busy man with the winter and spring lines we're working on." Trace says sadly and I nod in agreement.

"It was cool except for what happened with the paps but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before. I can handle it."

"But can Zara? She's the one I'm worried about."

"Who are you telling T? I don't even know how to talk to her and tell her that..." But I drift realizing that Trace knows nothing about my call to Malcolm and the weird phone call I received that night I was with Mallory.

"Tell her what?" He's glaring at me suspiciously but I'm not ready just yet to say anything. Not until I know what's up.

"Forget it. Just drop it. I'm tired and I don't want to talk about any of this shit for the rest of the night. If you're going to stay, make yourself useful and order us pizza while I look for a good game on television that we can watch." I instruct and Trace easily hops off the island to do as he's told.

"I'm only letting you order me around like this because I know you're pissed off and have a lot on your plate but next time don't be surprised if I simply tell you to fuck off and do it yourself." Grabbing the line in the kitchen, he places the receiver to his ear before he proceeds to dial Dominos.

Grinning, I don't bother to respond because I know he's got my back and I'm grateful to have such a cool friend in my life. I know I'm really going to need him now with all the drama that's about to go down, but all I really want is to make sure that Zara's going to be ok in all of this. She's my main concern right now.

"Hey T, where's Yolanda?" I ask curiously as he places our order over the line. I'm wondering if I should wake Zara up to eat with us when the pizza gets here. She hasn't eaten anything and that can't be healthy to fall asleep on an empty stomach like that.

"She's with Malcolm." He mutters before he gives out our address over the line then hangs up soon afterwards. "Pizza will be here in twenty minutes." He voices and I nod.

"Why is she with Malcolm?" I ask because to me that sounds weird.

"Don't know. I think Yolanda likes him or something. Plus he's been around a lot since our little near accident. They've been spending a lot of time together." He explains and I nod slowly wondering if Yolanda has lost her mind. Well it's not my business so whatever.

"We need to look into that almost ‘hit and run' thing you know. But uh, doesn't he know that Zara was coming back today?"

"Oh he knows. He also thinks she's mostly likely with you but he doesn't seem to care right now. I'm thinking Yolanda is a good distraction for now so don't worry about it just yet."

"Hmm...." Shrugging, I pull a beer out of the fridge for Trace and hand it to him before we head into the living room to chill.

Plopping down on the sofa, I grab the remote and switch the television to the sports channel before Trace's next statement interrupts the calm, quiet flow in the room.

"Oh shit Justin, here this. I almost forgot to tell you." When he has my attention, he continues on his rant clearly amused with this little story. "So get this man. When I went into Tennman yesterday to pick up Yolanda since she was in there grabbing a copy of her schedule, I caught that Felicity Morgan chick you hired to take over Zara's old job dancing and singing wildly to your futuresex/lovesound album. Ha! It was hilarious dude and she nearly had a panic attack when she realized I caught her. I don't know man. I think you might have a serious fan on your hands." Traces laughs out and really, I don't see how any of this is funny. I've met Felicity. She's a sweet girl, but I do not like what Trace said one bit.

Leave it to human resources to hire a fanatic. God, I hope she's just a regular fan and not a fanatic. I don't want to have to deal with her if she begins acting crazy around me. It shouldn't be a big deal though. What I need to worry about is how my employees are going to treat Zara when she gets back to work.

Growling lowly in displeasure, I prop my legs up on the coffee table, giving Trace a comical stare. "Nice man. Real nice." I say sarcastically. "Yeah T, got to love being me bro. It's great!" I wisecrack before we both erupt in laughter.

Strangely, it actually feels good to be back but I'm not sure how long that feeling is going to last. I just hope that I can get through my album, promotional work and touring in one piece because by the time it's all over, I'm going to need another vacation after the one we'll be taking early next year.

 

****

Quotes by: Unknown




You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story