Startling News - Part 2

 

"Be of love a little more careful than of anything." - E.E. Cummings

 

I'm not surprised that I would find her in the bathroom, hunched over next to the sink, arguing with her brother on the phone.

"Malcolm how could it possibly be Blake? This doesn't make any sense! He's...he's Yolanda's personal trainer. Even Jeremy would have been a better bet." She belts and I pause mid-step before closing the door silently behind me.

Her back is to me and she's looking down. All she has to do is look up and through the mirror and she'll see me standing behind her but she's clearly preoccupied right now.

"What? But Blake has no reason to do that! He has no reason!" She's screaming at her brother now and it's rare when Zara gets riled up like this. Though I do understand where she's coming from considering she's close to Trace and Yolanda.

"God, I know you care about them too Malky but...wait, his car was reported stolen? Are you sure? But..."

I can hear Malcolm's earsplitting voice even over the line. He must be shouting at her now, maybe scolding her for being so worked up over something that's not her fault. Typical.

"I don't believe that it was stolen. It's too convenient though I can't see why he'd do this. Yeah, well you better get that warrant and take him in for questioning. You'll let me know what happens on Monday."

I watch intently as she cringes by something he asks her.

"No Malky, I won't be home for the weekend. I think Yol and Trace are going to need me around...yeah well whether I stay at Trace's or Justin's shouldn't concern you. Justin really thinks you hate him you know...but you have no reason to, I've told you this...whatever..." Sighing loudly, she finally lifts her head to stare in the mirror and her entire body goes rigid when she notices I'm standing a few feet behind her. "I'm going to go Malky. I love you and be careful. Ok bye."

Shutting Trace's phone, Zara whips around to stare at me with a soft smile on her face.

"It's a shock for all of us too you know. I can't even think about firing Blake until Malcolm and Drew look into this. I don't want to pass unfair judgment on the guy." I explain and she nods before coming over to me.

"If he's involved, he's not the only one."

"You think this is linked somehow?" I inquire curiously before wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her in to rest against my chest.

"Yeah, I think so. And I think it has something to do with those weird phone calls we got too. I just want to know why." She shrugs and I shake my head in agreement. You know, she has a point.

"I think you might have a point." I smile down at her before kissing her nose.

"So, you don't mind if I stay at your place for the weekend do you Ju?" Zara beams and I chuckle.

"You know I wouldn't have it any other way considering Trace was an option too based on what you told your brother." I joke and she giggles in response.

"Give him time. If we can prove to Malcolm he's wrong about you then he'll warm up eventually." She assures before leaning up to kiss me softly.

"Mmmmhmmm...eventually." I murmur against her lips. The truth is I don't give a fuck if Malcolm ever likes me. I'm past that. If I want to be with his sister I'll be with her. Hell if I want to marry her, Malcolm wouldn't be able to stop me, not even with holding a gun to my head. He'd have to pull the trigger for that to happen...

Wow, talk about a stray thought. Where the hell did that come from? When Zara notices my suddenly tense form, she pulls away from me, her hazels searching my disturbed blues.

"Don't worry about it Ju. Now come on, let's get back to everyone so we can talk to Yol and try to enjoy the rest of the night." Zara states hopefully and I respond by pulling away from her and leading her out of the bathroom and back to our friends silently. It's the only thing I can do at the moment because I'm still mauling over those random thoughts about death being the last resort to prevent me from giving Zara a reason to walk down the aisle. That's something peculiar to think about. Still, I think we deserve to have fun for the rest of the night and I'll make sure we do just that.

 

*****

Next day...

Saturday Morning...

 

Groaning, I shift uncomfortably when I feel something scrape under the soul of my feet. Moaning, I twist under the covers, trying to get more comfortable when I feel it again, only in the form of a tickle this time. Giggling, I kick my feet lightly to rid myself of the uncomfortable feeling. Exhaling loudly, I try to let sleep overpower me again but I feel another tickle under my feet and this time I channel all my strength to my legs kicking both of them up before I hear someone gasp and jump.

"Wow! Shit that was close."

Smiling smugly when I make out Justin's voice, I keep my eyes shut, hearing his low chuckles.

"Ok Zara, I see that smile I know you're up." He chortles and I groan before stretching out my limbs tiredly.

"What time is it?" I say groggily, my eyes still shut tightly but now aware of the light seeping into the room.

"It's minutes to twelve babe. I guess when we finally got into the swing of things last night you partied too hard? I had time head out with Trace, do some last minute Christmas shopping, come back, make breakfast and still come up here to wake you."

My eyes pop open at the mention of Christmas shopping. It's sad but it's not really this big holiday for me like it is for others since it's usually just my brother and me. But I'm well aware that Justin loves the holidays so things are going to be different this year.

"So, what did you get me?" I coo, sitting up in bed before swinging my feet over the edge. Taking in Justin's figure, I realize that he's dressed in a black wife beater and grey cotton slacks. "I see you had time to change your clothes too." I point out and he smirks as his blues travel over my frame. I'm dressed in one of his hard rock café t-shirts. It's blue and I have blue cotton shorts to match.

"I'm not telling you what I got you until it's time woman. Mmmm and I see someone is putting back on a little weight." Justin coos as he crawls over to me until he's hunched over with his palms flat on the mattress on either side of my body. "That's a good thing though. I love your curves." He groans sexily before his hands find my sides to grip me tightly.

"Shut up." I giggle before leaning up to give him a light peck on the lips.

"Aw that's all I get? I just got your Christmas gift and made you breakfast." He whines but I shake my head before sliding from underneath him to stand.

"Morning breath." I snicker before I dash into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.

On my way out, I give myself a long stare in the mirror and realize he's right. I'm filling out again but it's really my fault. I've been eating a lot these past few weeks because of all the stress of everything happening around us. It doesn't help that when my monthly visitor rolls around I get bloated like a blown up fish. Ugh! I hate being female sometimes.

Strutting out of the bathroom, I notice that Justin has two large suitcases on the bed now wide open as he rummages through the dresser draws.

"Getting some early packing in for our trip?" I inquire and he whips around to stare at me briefly with a wide grin on his face.

"Uh huh." Is the only reply I'm met with.

"Wow, you're really excited about this trip huh Ju? But uh, I'm curious. Where exactly are we going for Christmas?" I inquire and he drops a few t-shirts in one of the suitcases before he moves over to stand in front of me.

"We are going to spend time up in the mountains of Colorado at my log cabin." He beams and I frown.

"Isn't it going to be cold up there?" I inquire. Have I mentioned I'm not a big fan of the cold? Like being in New York during winter wasn't bad enough. Why would he want to leave mostly warm Florida and head up there?

"You don't seem happy berry. Don't you want to spend time with me?" Justin asks skeptically and I force a smile unto my face.

"Of course I want to Ju but up there it's...it's cold." I cringe.

"We'll pack warm and there's a fire place and everything. You'll hardly feel the cold unless we go out." He chuckles before moving away from me again to continue with his task at hand.

"Right." I murmur, still watching him, feeling that sudden dread pass through my stomach when I realize that New York is our next stop after this trip. Oh god. That means many things but most importantly that means...Christian. Should I be worried that I haven't heard from him again? I don't know why I care really. I just want this mystery surrounding us to be solved and quick.

"Hey you might want to head down before Trace eats your share of breakfast Zara." Justin laughs, completely engulfed in what he's doing.

Giggling to myself, I silently make my way out of the room in search of the kitchen. At least it would buy me some time from totally freaking out over this entire Trace and Yolanda issue as I wait for Monday to roll around so my brother can give me the verdict on Blake. Plus I'm feeling this need to phone Christian and make sure that he's ok because I feel like it's my fault he got dragged into whatever mess this is turning out to be. I'm so in over my head here.

 

 

"Hey Tracey-poo." I beam when I waltz into the kitchen as he sits at the island eating peacefully.

"Hey Zar-bear." He replies with a mouthful of food. "Pull up a chair. I already made you a plate." He motions to the covered plate sitting next to him filled with bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast.

"Wow, Ju made all of this huh?" I inquire before grabbing a fork and sitting next to Trace. "And he said you'd eat it all." I joke and he chuckles lightly.

Eyeing me tiredly he shrugs before taking a bite out of his toast. "He must really love you then." He snickers and I slap his arm playfully.

"You're just jealous." I stick my tongue out at him then uncover my food so I can dig in.

"No not really because I've seen Justin go through some serious shit with relationships and yet he never gives up you know? He always thinks that the right one is out there for him where he won't have to look anymore because she'll be the last and everything he could want and need all rolled up in one."

Swallowing a mouthful of eggs, I turn to glare at Trace wondering where this is coming from. He doesn't look at me. Instead he continues eating as he stares straight ahead.

"Um ok." I say hesitantly feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"I'm just saying, I've had my share of relationships and I'm fine being on my own for a bit to just do me." Trace interjects and I nod, wondering why he took my ‘he's jealous' bit so seriously. I was just joking around like we usually do. When I don't respond he sighs before finishing off his plate of food. "Look Zara, I've grown to love you like a member of my family. That rarely happens because whenever Justin gets with someone I try to not be too attached to them because I always see them as passing phases. I know that sounds horrible but I'm only being real here."

Swallowing hard, I drop my fork in my plate as I listen to him, my heartbeat increasing with each word that leaves his lips.

"I guess why I'm saying this is because I'm a little scared." Trace admits.

"Scared?" I ask him, now giving him my full attention.

"Yeah because, I know Justin. He's my best friend. And I guess since it's as plain as day, this is the first time I've ever seen him look at any woman the way he looks at you."

"I'm not following." I blurt out and Trace groans before standing to put his now empty plate in the sink.

"Zara, you're it for Justin. At least that's what he thinks and feels. You're her...his...miss right...the one he'd eventually give his last name to or whatever. The one that he's been looking for, the last one in his search where he'd do just about anything for you to make and keep you happy. You're her Zar-bear. He may not have admitted it to himself or anyone else yet, but I can see it. I've been seeing it and it just...it scares me because if something goes wrong..." But that's as far as he gets because we're interrupted by a shrilling cell phone.

Trace instinctively roots his phone out of his jeans pocket and excuses himself from the kitchen. "I'm sorry I have to take this." He apologizes and I nod as he walks past me, stopping to give me a soft peck on the cheek before he disappears out of sight. And I'm left alone to eat the rest of my breakfast in silence as I think over his words, the fear that they might be true rising in my system.

If Trace is right about this then, then that means Justin would be completely destroyed if our relationship didn't work out. I'd be torn too, but I think I'm a little bit more guarded with my heart because of what I experienced with Christian whereas Justin wears his heart on his sleeves.

Well he shouldn't worry too much because I know for a fact I'd never do anything to hurt him intentionally and I hope he feels the same way with me. Once we have each other we should be ok right?

Yeah, we should be ok.

 

**

Hours later...

 

It's been a slow, lazy day around here with Trace and Justin. I think we're all still trying to get over all the fun we had the night before. Once everything was cleared up, we really got into the whole clubbing scene up in the VIP section of Tim's club. We even convinced Yolanda to not worry too much about the whole Blake issue since Malcolm is on the case but she insisted on going home for the weekend instead of spending it with us. We didn't mind though. She hardly ever spends time at home so we figured it would be good for her. I'm just glad I was able to spend time with two of my favorite guys just being normal young adults with too much time on our hands for once.

We did just about everything there was to do at Justin's home and now, I'm seating in the game room watching them play a rousing game of pool. Ok, well for me it's kind of boring since I'm just looking but hey they have bets riding on this so it's going to be interesting watching one lose and the other win.

"I'm going to sink that 8 ball man. Then you pay up." Trace voices as he chalks the tip of his cue before he positions himself to hit the ball.

"Not a chance." Justin laughs out as he stands to the side anticipating Trace's move.

Giggling at the pair, I gasp when Trace thrusts twice before hitting the cue ball in the center causing it to go sailing in the direction of the 8 ball, shooting it right into the pocket, causing him to win the game. "Score!" Trace beams with delight and I watch as a stunned Justin drops his stick before groaning in annoyance.

"Ah shit." Justin hisses under his breath before he reluctantly pulls out a small roll of cash and hands it over to Trace.

"Ha! Sucker." Trace mocks him, grabbing the money from his grasp and chucking it into his pocket.

Laughing at them, I try to suppress my giggles when Justin shoots me a warning look. "Don't worry bitch, next time." Justin threatens his best friend causing Trace to laugh harder.

"Don't be sore loser J." Trace teases.

"Shut the fuck up." He snaps, jacking Trace playfully before a pout graces his face.

"Aw you poor thing." I coo and Justin instantly diverts his attention to me where I'm seated on top of the ping pong table.

Strutting over to me, he nestles himself between my legs before he leans in to place a soft kiss on my lips. "Mmm, I feel better now." He smiles as he pulls away to gaze into my hazels. Gripping a fistful of the white t-shirt with red print he's wearing, I hear Trace making gagging noises before he mutters ‘get a room' and leaves us alone in the game room, swiftly making his exit.

Smiling, I continue to glare at Justin silently who seems to be taking in every inch and definition of my face. "You know, I never thought in a million years I'd be here with you now." He suddenly admits. "And now, I can't think of my life being any other way where it doesn't involve you being a part of it." He adds in and I blush slightly.

"Scary huh?"

"A little, but I don't mind." He beams.

"Right." I draw out remembering what Trace said to me this morning during breakfast. Blinking dramatically, I force a smile unto my face when his blues continue surveying my expressions. "So, uh, about our trip to...Colorado is it?" I begin and he nods, urging me to continue but we're quickly interrupted by a shrilling phone. Damn it. It's my cell phone. Wait, what? "Is that my cell?" I ask astoundingly. The last time I checked, the battery was dead since I had to use Trace's phone to call my brother last night at the club.

"Yeah, Trace and I got a charger and plugged it in for you while you slept this morning. I figured you might need it to stay in contact with your bro." Justin admits before rooting my cell from his back pocket. Damn, I didn't even notice the bulge back there. I was too focused on he and Trace's game of pool.

Smiling slightly, I thank him and glare at the caller ID finding the number to be strangely familiar. "Hmm." I mutter before gazing into Justin's blues who's anxiously waiting for me to press the talk button.

 

 

"Hello?" I finally answer only to be met with hard breathing over the line followed by a gasp.

"Jahzara? Oh thank god. I've been trying to get you all of last night." The person's grainy panicked voice snaps a nerve in my system and I instantly stiffen, recognizing who it is immediately.

"Is...is this some sick joke?" I say quietly noting how Justin's brows furrow in worry.

"No, listen to me..." But I cut him off instantly when a frown begins forming on Justin's face. Pulling the phone away from my ear, I hit speakerphone and motion for Justin to remain quiet. Nodding in understanding, he lets out a deep groan when the person on the other line continues talking. "I'm not sure what they did but I'm sorry in advance for anything that may have happened in my absence and..." But I interrupt him again.

"What the hell is this Jeremy?" Yes, I said the right name. I'd know his voice anywhere. He has a unique yet kind of oddly annoying tone to his voice.

"Listen to me Jahzara, this is all my fault because the people I'm dealing with are to blame. I need to tell you something." He begins and I squeeze Justin's hand when I see his temper flaring. I know he's itching to say something to Jeremy but he needs to just let him talk.

"What's going on Jeremy?" I sigh before something clicks for me to ask him. "Are you responsible for Trace and Yolanda's near accident experience?" I ask and he sighs over the line.

"Are you still with Justin?" he suddenly retorts, ignoring my question and that's when Justin snaps.

Pulling away from me, he passes his hands through his buzz cut before he whips around and storms towards the door. But then, he stops short of swinging it open. Turning back around, he moves over to me, gripping my phone out of my grasp and I'm just sitting there staring at him.

"You know what, fuck it." Justin begins.

"Jahzara? Are you still there? Who's there with you?" Jeremy calls out and I mouth a ‘don't' to Justin but he ignores me.

"Who do you think asshole?" Justin says loudly while glaring at the phone in his palm since it's still on speaker. I can just see him picturing, wishing that phone would take the form of Jeremy so he could maybe take out his frustration on him.

"Well I guess the ‘are you all together' question just answered itself. Listen Justin I don't want any trouble." Jeremy begins causing Justin to laugh out bitterly.

"So let me get this straight Jer," He chides. "You disappear off the face of the earth after that run in we had at the hospital months ago where no one knew where you were; After Zara dumped you for lying and manipulating her. You clearly fucking hate me for it, not that I blame you since she's with me now. Then, you threatened me on top of it only to say you don't want any trouble? Trace and Yolanda could have been seriously hurt from some sick drive by and Zara and I are getting these weird fucking phone calls with people threatening us and who knows what else. Plus, her fucking ex-boyfriend before you claimed to have received all these fucking spy photos of us to you calling out of nowhere saying you need to tell Zara something. And...and you don't want any fucking trouble." Justin says calmly, maybe a little too calm. Pinching the bridge of his nose, he continues glaring at the phone in his grasp waiting for Jeremy to say something.

There is a long pause and just when I think Jer hung up, he finally speaks, his voice guarded as he's careful with the information he's giving us.

"I'm sorry about that. All of that. That's why I called. I didn't know they'd do this I just...I was trying to get them off my case. I didn't think they'd go along with it." He apologizes and Justin gives me a strange look which I return because we both have no idea what he's talking about.

"Explain yourself you son of a bitch." Justin demands and I cringe from the harshness of his tone. He has such a terrible temper.

"You remember some time back when you paid me a visit don't you Justin? You remember the visitors I had when you were there?" He inquires and Justin frowns as realization washes over his face.

"And you're saying you didn't know that those muthafuckas would hold true to their threats or whatever it is they said they'd do?" Justin asks incredulously.

"Just listen. I know how this sounds. But, I sort of have this problem with them. It's...well it's big which is part of why I left without saying anything. You'd like to think it was because of you and Zara but you all were insignificant compared to what I'm dealing with. I guess the timing was just convenient." When Jer pauses to see if Justin will interrupt him again, I hold my breath when Justin finally gives in and his shoulders slump forward when Jeremy continues to speak. "Now, I'm not going to go into detail but I will tell you this. Those fuckers I've got problems with, they came to me and offered me an ultimatum. They needed my services but I refused since the last time they said what I delivered was no good. I was sure they would have shot me dead since I clearly still owed them but they were desperate and wanted me to work with them again. So, so I told them I'd do it on one condition."

"Let me guess, this is where we come in." Justin spits out, referring to his self and me.

"I...I told them if they could ensure that the two of you weren't together and gave me proof of that I'd do what they wanted me to do. I told them by any means necessary. I was still angry, still bitter with everything that happened and with Jahzara choosing you over me. I expected them to break you all up, that was it. To maybe find a way for you all to hate each other because I wanted Zara back."

Shaking my head sadly, I cast my vision to my nails, Jeremy's piece of information doing more damage than I imagined it would to me psychologically. My mind is riling with all these unanswered questions. Who the hell are these people he's talking about and what is he really into?

"Now I recently found out that they were fulfilling my request in an attempt to get me on their side since some major shit is supposed to be going down. And I was thrilled because I was just waiting to hear about you two broken up, hating each other and getting a taste of what I felt when I realized Justin cared for you Jahzara a little bit more than he should have." Jeremy explains and that's when Justin finally hands me back my phone. He drops it in my hands and swipes his palms over his face in an attempt to calm himself. I can see his cheeks and ears turning a bright shade of pink and I know he's not blushing so I'd say his blood is just about reaching its boiling point.

"What's your point Jeremy?" I finally speak up.

"You have to believe when I said I meant and still mean you no real harm Jahzara."

Justin smirks at that but remains silent still.

"But you..."

"I know this is my fault. I'm calling to tell you that I'm sorry and that I'm going to do everything in my power to get them to leave you all alone. I think they're going overboard with my request if you want to put it like that. I heard about Trace and Yolanda. They did try to run them down with Blake's car I believe in an attempt to set him up I guess. He has more than one car. This is the one he doesn't drive around much. I just...when I heard what they had planned in order to make sure you all were separated...I had no idea they were having you followed."

"Like you've been following us since in LA?" Justin snaps and I wince but say nothing.

"I did well in finding out what I needed to know about you and Jahzara. That's beside the point." Jeremy retorts causing Justin to scowl.

"So basically, you just signed our fate over to your fucked up ‘business associates.'" Justin hisses, his words laced with contempt.

"Again Justin, Jahzara that was never my intention. I will do what I can to stop them before something else happens. I'm just telling you to watch your back. Look I can't stay I have to go now."

That's when I hear a ruckus going on in the background before it's followed by loud shouting.

"Jeremy what's going on?" I call out to him feeling terrified now.

"Nothing I can't deal with." He says lazily. "I did love you Jahzara...still do. And I am sorry. I still think Justin is wrong for you." He adds in.

"And you're so much better." Justin grumbles under his breath.

"But..."

"I'll be in touch. Goodbye." He cuts me off.

"No, no wait don't go yet. I have so much to ask you! What about those photos Christian got?" I begin but I'm only met with a dial tone. "Damn it!" I belt in frustration before shutting off my phone and stuffing it in the shorts I'm wearing. "God, who are those people?" I cry out but I jump in fright when Justin slams his hands down harshly on the pool table.

"You want to know what I think? I say fuck Jeremy and his drug friends since I'm pretty sure that's what he's into. This is not happening Zara. I'll kill him my fucking self first if I ever get a hold of him again. He's not dragging us into this mess. That's it! I'm upping my security and you're getting those bodyguards that you don't want. You better tell your brother and get him to trace that call. I'm serious. I will not have my life playing out like some overdone movie flick. Fuck that shit." Kicking the foot of the table, Justin straightens his posture and moves for the exit this time not slowing his pace. Hopping down from the ping pong table, I rush after him, trying to stop him.

"Justin no wait. Let's, let's talk about this. We have a lot of stuff to think about especially with the public on our backs. We could make this easy, we could give them what they want and they'll leave us alone. We could make them think we aren't together. Please just stay and talk to me before you decide to do anything rash." When I tug on his upper arm, he stops abruptly before turning around to face me with wide eyes. Brushing me off, he shakes his head in protest even if I'm sure he's considering it.

"Get Malcolm on the phone. Get him to come out here or get your ass home and make him track that call. I'm not fucking playing Jahzara. Get Trace to take you; I don't fucking care what you do, just get your brother on this immediately. Until then, I need to be alone to get my head together." Moving to walk away from me again, I grip him by his shirt, trying to pull him back but he simply smacks my hand roughly away before he storms out of the room and down the hallway of his home. "Trace! Bring Jahzara home!" I hear Justin calling out to Trace in the distance and I feel that slight pang of hurt when I hear how he says my full name with such distaste.

You know, I can't blame him. He's probably seeing how this is clearly my fault. I'm the reason we're all here like this. If it wasn't for me, well, I'm sure Justin's life would be much easier and I know he's seeing that now. He's maybe beginning to regret ever pursuing me in the first place. I mean, what the hell was he thinking? I'm not his type. I'm not the woman he usually has on his arm as his leading lady. How can he even put me through the scrutiny I'm going to face if and when we do make our relationship 'officially' public? I could never survive it. Dr. Lake isn't doing shit for me that's going to prepare me for all the media heat we're going to face. And now this...this Jeremy situation.

Feeling my eyes well up with tears as my thoughts consume me, I rest my back against the wall taking in deep breaths to prevent the anxiety attack I can feel eating away at my insides. "God I have to fix this. I have to find a way to fix this." But how? From the way Jeremy spoke, it sounded like his ‘friends' wanted to do more than just split us up. I could never live with myself if Justin got hurt. I could never forgive myself if anyone I loved got hurt. Trace and Yolanda was lucky. But, will we be lucky the next time around? If this involves drugs, can I really let my brother take this case and risk his life? Could I survive any of it? The more I try to look for a way out, the more I feel trapped because this is never going to end. My life is one big disaster and the only way I can end it is if I finally take a stand and do something about it. I silently wipe at my eyes when I blink, allowing my tears to escape. 

But what can I do? The only thing I can think of is the request our mystery callers suggested. That I, I find a way to...to break Justin's heart. To cheat on him and let him find out or something. But how could I ever do that to him? When I think of how it felt when Christian did it to me, how could I be so heartless?

Then again what if it's what's best for him, to be without me? In the long run, it might be the best thing for maybe even the both of us. Maybe I should consider it? I mean, if I had to do it, I should do it now before our relationship became any more public and we got deeper into this.

Ugh, god but I just can't. I love him. I do. I'm so confused.

Walking out of the game room, I make my way into the living room where I can hear Justin and Trace talking, or more like arguing.

"What do you mean you don't want her here? You go crazy whining about you miss her when you all are apart."

"I just think she'll be safer with Malcolm until we leave for our trip at the end of the week." Justin argues and I note the scowl on Trace's face.

"What the fuck is going on Justin?" Trace demands.

 

 

Clearing my throat loudly, they both quiet down when I make my presence known. Giving me a quick glance, Justin pulls out his car keys and begins heading for his front door, his temper still flaring. Muttering incoherent phrases, he swings the front door open, stopping only for a few seconds to get his last statement out.

"Why don't you make Jahzara tell you since it's her precious Jer and all that shit. Take her home Trace. Don't be here when I get back."

And we're met by the front door slamming shut as Justin disappears out of sight.

Wiping at my tear stained cheeks, I turn to look at Trace who's giving me a puzzled look. I'm sure he's wondering where Jeremy fits into all of this.

"That fucker seriously needs to control his temper else he's going to do some serious shit he'll regret one day." Trace shakes his head sadly, looking over at the wooden barrier.

It's not long before I hear a vehicle zooming down Justin's driveway with the tires screeching.

"He's just...angry. Let him get some time to himself to cool off." I say pathetically.

"No shit. Just come on, get your stuff so I can bring you home. You'll tell me what's going on on the way there." Trace Instructs and I nod quietly before I move to make my way up the stairs.

"You know, you were wrong you know Tracey-poo." I begin timidly.

"What about?" He inquires while shutting off the television and grabbing his car keys.

"I'm not ‘the one' for Justin like you said I was. I'm not it for him. I think he still has some searching to do." I can feel a new waves of tears stinging the back of my eyes from that notion.

"No, you're wrong Zar-bear. You are. He just...he just hasn't realized it yet. Just give him some time."

"Time is what we don't have. We're leaving for New York soon. Things are going to get a lot crazier." I point out, a certain heir to a wine empire coming to mind when I say this.

Not knowing what else to say to me, Trace simply shrugs, his uncertainly finally shining through. "Justin loves you Zara. He does. You just need to remind him that you love him too. Let him see what he couldn't stand to lose. Don't make him forget. Don't make him forget what he already has staring him right in the face." Trace says, trying to console me but it doesn't help.

I'm just...lost. I don't know what else to do anymore. Justin and I have been fighting so hard to be together and to stay together but for what really? Do we even have anything worth saving?

Sighing tiredly, I make my way upstairs to grab my things so we can leave. Maybe Justin's right. I just need to be with my brother who understand and knows me. He'll be able to help. Yeah, he's what I need right now. I just...god, I need a sign...any sign.

"I really hope you're right Trace. I really hope you are." I whisper to myself because truthfully, I'm not so sure about anything anymore.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story