8 days later...
Late Friday afternoon...

 

Who Said It Was Over? It's Only Just Begun

 

"At different states in our lives, the signs of love may vary: dependence, attraction, contentment, worry, loyalty, grief, but at the heart, the source is always the same. Human beings have the rare capacity to connect with each other, against all odds."


"I'm off today, so what do you want to do tonight?" Malcolm asks me as I sit next to him on a bench wiping at my sweat with a white towel. I watch intently as he starts a new repetition of weight lifting as one of his buddies squats him.

"I don't know. It's a boring Friday Malky." I shrug, grabbing the bottle of water next to me and twisting the cap off before I chug it down.

"Well think about what you want to do. If not we'll do what we normally do." He grunts, as he lifts the weights to his chest, exhaling heavily.

Nodding my head, I gaze at my surroundings noticing the practically ‘perfect' people workout. I mean, some of them look like body builders, fitness trainers, models, athletes and I could go on forever. In case you were wondering, my brother and I are at the gym...Bally Total Fitness to be exact. We have memberships there and today's as I call it ‘gym day'. Malcolm gyms to stay in shape since he's a cop, and I gym to lose the weight, but that doesn't seem to be working out well for me. But I'm not a quitter, so I'll stick to it until I'm pleased with my results.

You must be wondering what's happened between me and Justin right? Well it's been a little over a week since the ‘incident' and honestly, everything is back to normal. He's gone back to not noticing me and I've gone back to just day dreaming about him. Sad I know, but what did I expect? That just because we danced, he'd be interested? Yeah right. I think he has Mallory for that anyway. People talk you know. He should be careful, because if that's true, it could damage his reputation. Which is another reason why we'd never work out. You just don't fuck the employer and have a public, open relationship with him. If that were to happen, you'd need to leave the job or get fired first. It's just unethical if you work together.

But I really shouldn't be focusing on Justin so much. I mean he's managed to make me feel like shit the past week. He ignores me almost completely. It's even worse than before. At least before he would speak directly to me when he wanted something done. But now, he sends his orders and demands through someone else. I haven't exchanged any words with him since that day he came down to my desk asking for us to ‘talk'. And what was up with the way he eyed my brother when I introduced them? Am I not allowed to have people visit me too? Uhggg...you know, the more I think about it, the more I'm realizing that maybe Justin is nothing more than a self-centered, arrogant, egotistical bastard. I think I've dreamt up too much of a perfect version of him. I mean, he doesn't look like the type that treats women like queens unless he's hoping to ‘score' after. Maybe I was wrong about him? Maybe I should just forget about this little fantasy. I'll always think he's gorgeous, and I'll always be attracted to him, but maybe I should actually focus on getting a real life boyfriend.

 

"Hey Zary isn't that your boss over there?" Malcolm interrupts my endless thoughts with his booming voice. I hate that nickname too, but...hold on. My boss? What the hell is he talking about?

"What Malky?" I ask, diverting my attention to him.

"Your boss, you know, Justin. Isn't that him over there?" He drops his towel and points to the entrance of the gym. Following his gaze I instantly tense. Holy shit! He's right. That is Justin and a really huge man, and a...midget? Na, I'm playing, he's not that short. But he's shorter than Justin.

"Oh...yeah..." I trail off feeling immensely nervous. I've never seen Justin outside of the office before. Well, except for the night at the club but scratch that. The point is he looks really scrumptious in his black wife beater and gym shorts as he drops his duffle bag on a nearby bench. Oh god, I've died and gone to heaven. I've never seen him here before. What's he doing here? And even more so, don't celebrities have their own house gyms and personal trainers? I'm assuming that big dark guy is his bodyguard. And that other guy with him must be his best friend Trace. I recognize him from the tabloids and whatnot. Well, a girl has to catch up on her gossip too you know.

Glancing down at myself I realize how disgusting I look. I'm only in a navy blue sports bra and tight navy blue shorts. Jesus, I'm way too exposed, and my body is glistening with sweat. Oh no, he can't see me like this. I need to get out of here and fast.

Standing abruptly, I grab my duffle bag. "I'm going to shower and change." I voice to Malcolm.

"Already? But you're supposed to take aerobics that's starting in a few minutes." He stands to face me while gulping down some water.

"I think I'm going to skip it for today. I'll see you in a few." I smile and he shrugs at me, nodding in response before he goes back to his workout.

 

Sprinting out of the workout room and heading for the showers, I bump hard into someone not minding my business. Can you blame me? I'm panicking just because my boss is here. I'm so pathetic.

"Wow watch it there girl." The guys smiles at me and I finally look up into a pair of light brown eyes. Oh my god, he's gorgeous. Is this some sick joke? "Are you ok Miss?" He's frowning now, when he just sees me staring dumfounded.

If you could see what I see you'd be speechless too. I mean, this guy is tall, maybe 6'2, 6'3. He has the smoothest caramel brown face I've ever seen. His eyebrows are so cute and not too bushy. His lips are thick and juicy; his body is...oh my god...out of this world. Every muscle, every bicep, his abs...And he's shirtless too! Plus he's drop dead gorgeous. Wow, he must be married or something. They usually are.

"I, I'm good." I squeak out, swallowing hard.

"Well ok then. Be careful next time. You might end up bumping into equipment and not ‘me' or someone else. That, I assure you would hurt ten times more and maybe cause some damage." He chuckles and I smile. At least he's trying to lighten the mood.

"Ok, I should go." I move past him but he calls out to me again.

"It's Jeremy by the way. If you ever need a fitness trainer I'll be glad to assist. I'm always here when you want to find me." He smiles warmly at me. Was that a fat joke? I don't even know. Maybe he was being nice? So he's a fitness trainer? Maybe I could consider that. Nodding at him I give a tight smile, and then turn on my heel heading straight for the showers. I need to get out of this gym. Bad things happen when I'm in close vicinity to Justin.

 

****


"Justin, explain to me again why we're here. Don't you have like a personal trainer and a gym at your house?" Trace asks me in a whining voice. It's fucking annoying too.

Turning to face him I shrug. "Because man, it's aerobics night. There are no hunnies at my house, dressed in practically nothing, shaking their booties for the whole world to see." I chuckle. Ok, so I'm a bit of a perv, but I'm also a guy. Besides, that's not the only reason why I'm here. I just like fucking with Trace. And it worked, because he's scowling.

"Man, I did not let you drag me down here just so you could ‘workout' and watch the babes." Trace grunts, taking a seat on a nearby bench.

"Since when do you interject about fine women?" I furrow my brows at him. Is this bitch for real?

"Since I wanted to go clubbing tonight and not be stuck here instead." He snaps at me and I frown.

"You still have time to go clubbing Trace. It's only like minutes to 8. You know, you could workout with me. You could stand to tone up a bit." I reply before he shoots me a death glare. Well, it's true. If he would stop pigging out on fast food so much I'd not make that remark.

Brushing him off, I look around the gym for a brief moment, hoping I'll find the person I'm looking for. I didn't have any intensions to workout tonight, but I could maybe hop on the treadmill and bike for a few rounds.

Finally spotting my target, I move through the sweaty bodies and equipment, pausing along the way to check out the fine ladies. Damn, maybe I should work my charm and get a few digits. I note the shock on some of their faces when the realization of who I am hits them.

 

Smiling smugly, I walk right up to the person I came here to see.

He's down on one of those gym mats doing seat-ups. When he sees me he stops his workout and stands to greet me with a handshake.

"Justin! What's up man? I was waiting for you. Long time no see." He grins at me and I smile back before releasing the handshake.

"Yeah man. I know." I reply swaying a bit as I scan the room. My eyes land on a very familiar man lifting weights, but I can't seem to place who it is. All I know is if he continues, his muscles are going to rip that shirt apart. Body building wannabe...Diverting my attention back to the person I was talking to I scratch under my chin in thought. "So, how have you been Jeremy?" I ask, and he shrugs his shoulders.

"You know, grinding. Doing what I love." He replies and I nod.

"Well I'm just letting you know that the offer is still on the table. And if you'll accept, you could come into my office on Monday and finalize everything. Johnny recommended you so I'm sure you're excellent." I state.

"What's her name?" He asks curiously.

"Yolanda Glenmore." I respond praying that he'll say yes and take the job offer.

"She's not one of those spoilt ones is she?"

Laughing nervously I shake my head. Sorry to say it, but if he takes this job, he's going to have a handful. "Yeah, but I have no doubt that you can whip her into shape."

"Hmmm, so, how much exactly does this personal trainer job pay?"

Smiling widely, I already know he's going to accept my offer. "Come to my office on Monday and we'll discuss the details."

"Ok cool man. Well it was nice seeing you again Justin. I'm about to head out so, we'll see on Monday." He responds and I agree with him, giving him another handshake, before he gathers his stuff and walks away.

Well that went well. I'm happy about that. Now, maybe I should go ahead and put my stuff in one of them lockers at the back, near the showers, so I can take a fast work out and get the hell out of here.

 

 

Grabbing all my belongings, I head straight for the back of the gym after Trace begged me to hurry the hell up. I mean seriously, he really needs to workout more. And Lonnie was no help either. He just sat there laughing at Trace. What an asshole. At least he's my bodyguard so, I can't complain really.

 

Rounding the corner and clearly not minding my business, I smack right into someone. Just fucking great. Watching the aerobics class is so not worth this shit.

"Watch the fuck where you're...." Trailing off, I swallow my words as I focus in on a pair of familiar hazel orbs. Hell no is this happening. What are the odds of that?

"Jahzara?" I whisper in a state of shock. Does the big guy upstairs have it in for me? I mean, I've finally cleared her out of my thoughts and believe me when I say it wasn't easy. I think I also treated her like shit the past week when doing it. And now here I am, facing her near the lockers of this gym and...What the fuck is this?

"Hey Mr. Timberlake." She replies, breaking our staring competition as her eyes dart around the hallway. "I'm sorry; I'll be out of your way." She adds in a small, weak voice, trying to move past me but I block her path.

"Zara what are you doing here?" So I'm curious. Who wouldn't be? It's not like I see her outside of the office. Taking in her figure, I notice she has on an extremely tight red top that stops just above her navel. She also has on a pair of tight jeans shorts. Holy molly, am I seeing clearly? Wow, is that a navel ring? What the fuck?! Oh no, not again. Back up Timberlake. Just back the fuck up. I can't deal with this. How does she manage to hide that body at work? And her stomach is so flat and toned, but, but....she...she's not slim. She...oh god.

"I was just here working out with my brother. Why?" She's eying me suspiciously now, and I have to control my hormones because looking at her is driving me insane. Down boys...give daddy a break huh?

"Oh ok, I was just surprised seeing you here that's all." I respond, but maybe that didn't come out right.

"Oh really? And why is that Mr. Timberlake? Is it because of my size? What, big girls can't gym too? It's ok you know. You don't have to say it. It's written all over your face." She snaps at me.

It is? It's really written all over my face? She's so wrong. Because all I can think of right now, is stripping her of what she's wearing. But I guess she's right. She looks like the woman back at the club now. Is she a shape shifter or something? Oh, but the curves are most definitely there. You'd have to be blind to miss them. Wait, she just spoke to me right? What did she say again?

"Uh..." I rub my hands behind my neck, trying to think of an answer to her forward statement.

Shaking her head at me and letting out a depressing sigh, she moves to the side to continue on her journey. "Goodbye Mr. Timberlake. See you at work on Monday." And just like that, she's gone...

Still standing in place, I cock my head to the side staring off into space. That was....

"Strange..." I voice, passing my hands over my buzz cut.

Crinkling my nose in thought, I head over to the lockers, stuffing my duffle bag in one of them, and then head back out to the front of the gym.

When I get out, I notice Jahzara and the same guy I saw lifting weights earlier, exit the gym. I guess they're leaving. Oh, now I remember him. That's her brother...Mal...something. Yeah.

Goddamn it, all of a sudden I feel terrible for the way I've been treating her the past week. She doesn't deserve it. I was being a huge asshole. Maybe I should apologize to her. Maybe I'll apologize on Monday.

In the mean time, I'm about to get my run on as I view the main course for the evening. Ah yes, the aerobics class is just about to start and I can already feel JT junior waking up as I view the endless tight asses, moving around in those tight gym shorts.

Glancing over at Trace I realize he's glued to his seat as he and Lonnie take in the sight in front of them.

Smirking, I start up the treadmill for my workout. I told that dick head he'd enjoy coming down here with me. I knew he couldn't resist. He's over there drooling like an idiot and I can't help the smug smile that's on my face knowing I was right yet again. What can I say; it's the gift of being me...Mr. JT.


****
Hours later...


I can't believe he bumped into me like that tonight. What was even more embarrassing was the way he examined me with his eyes. I guess he finds me repulsive...I don't know. I wouldn't blame him if he did. I feel the same way about myself. I need to build up some self-esteem. It's like he was drilling right through my soul or something with his stares. I'm shuddering just thinking about it. But you know what? I'm not going to let Justin ruin my night. I'm going to seat here with my bro and enjoy our traditional Friday night pizza and a movie.

Grabbing a can of sprite, I open it quickly and take a few gulps before I hear Malcolm speak up. We just popped in the Rush Hour 3 DVD. I love that movie. It's hilarious. I've got to get my Chris Tucker fix man.

"So word is, Jeremy Rowland was asking about you." Malcolm states and I turn to eye him strangely. Who the hell is Jeremy?

"Huh?"

"The guy you bumped into earlier today." He supplies, taking a sip of his Pepsi.

Well I know it's not Justin so...oh...that guy!

"Oh yeah, how did you know?" I asked as the opening credits float across the screen.

"I saw. But that's beside the point. I know him, he's always in there training when he's not working and you know I'm at the gym every chance I get."

I nod my head nudging him to continue.

"So anyway, when you went to the back I told him you were my sister, and he asked me if it was ok that he called you some time."

"What?" I nearly choke on my sprite. Is Malcolm for real? "Are you shitting me?"

Shaking his head no, he shrugs and gives his full attention to the television screen. "I told him, he'll have to deal with you on his own. I'm not supplying any help or information. Because I could clearly not like him since he has some sort of interest in you. You're my baby sister Zary. I don't take nicely to any guy who's interested unless he comes really well with his game. Besides, you've been hurt in the past and if any guy makes you cry I'll beat on them so bad. I just love you sis. Mom and Dad aren't here to protect you so it's my job now. Plus, Jeremy has a hectic life. He's a celebrity fitness trainer. He's always out on tour or traveling with his clients. It wouldn't work out." Malcolm admits and I can't help but smile at him. He's so sweet and protective. But trust me when I say it's ten times worse since he's a cop and I feel sorry for any guy who crosses him the wrong way.

"Aww Malky. That's was beautiful." I pretend to tear and he rolls his eyes at me. "But I can take care of myself." I grin sheepishly.

"Yeah, yeah, just be careful. Anyway shut up and let's watch the movie eh?" He grabs a slice of pizza and I do the same.

"Ok whatever you say officer." I mock and stick my tongue out at him, causing him to chuckle. Giggling, I take a huge bite of my cheese pizza then lie on his shoulder, instantly becoming engrossed in the movie. Man, Chris Tucker dancing and singing always cracks me up...

Yeah, this is a good Friday, just chilling with my best friend. He really is you know. Malcolm and I share a tight bond. I guess it's because we had to take care of each other after our parents died and Aunt Patrice left. Either way, I value his opinions and advice, especially about the male species since he's one himself.

If he thinks Jeremy is bad for me, then I won't take him up on the ‘fitness trainer' offer. But damn, the man is fine. Hell, he even gives Justin some competition. But don't tell Justin I said that. What a bruise to his overly huge ego that would be. You know, now that I think of it, maybe his ego could stand to deflate some. Either way, I'm just content right now sitting here on my couch watching this movie. If anything, I'll deal with the despair that is my job and the jerk that is my ‘sexy' boss on Monday.

 

****

Quote by: Unknown

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story