Two Days Later

Tuesday...December...

Orlando, Florida

 

New York, New Twist on Life, New Troubles...

 

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson

 

 

"Do you have everything berry?" I ask as I begin fiddling with the zipper on my luggage, swearing under my breath when the damn thing won't close.

 

"Uh..."

 

Snapping my head up at her lost tone, I turn to stare at her, a frown gracing my face when I see her standing at the entrance of my bedroom door with a slight pout, fiddling with the fabric of the simple red knee-length dress she's wearing.

 

"What's uh?" I snicker. "Does that mean you're ready?" I question, my frown deepening when she struts into the room and plops down on my bed, gazing at my hold on my luggage, giggling lightly...avoiding my question.

 

Groaning, I rip my eyes away from her to tackle my luggage again.

 

"What the heck do you have in there Justin?" She laughs out and I chortle, not answering right away.

 

"Stuff." I say nonchalantly and her giggles increase.

 

"Well your stuff doesn't want to go with you apparently." She wisecracks.

 

"Tell me about it." I force out through strangled breaths, lifting my sneaker clad foot to stomp on the top of the suitcase before leaning down and finally getting the zipper all the way around. "Finally." I heave a sigh, straightening my posture and stretching out my limbs. "Ok, now it's your turn. Are you ready? The crew will be here to pick us up any minute." And by crew I mean Mike, Lonnie, Drew and Malcolm.

 

Yes, they're all coming with us to New York. I'm not happy about it but I have no say in the matter. Malcolm and Drew have a case to solve, much to my displeasure. But, I do want this craziness that has become my life to end. Even Johnny said it was a good idea when I finally called him up and laid out our entire situation for him, not leaving any stone unturned.

 

Releasing a plaintive sigh, Zara bites the corners of her lips before she stands and walks over to me. Her hazels search my blues and I think I know the answer she wants to give me but she's not going to because we can't cancel this trip.

 

Relenting, she shrugs, leaning up to place a soft kiss on my lips before she moves away from me. "Yeah, I'm ready. I'm going to grab my things. I'll be back." She says softly and I nod, watching her retreating form until she disappears out of my room.

 

She actually refused to stay at home with her brother when we got back from Colorado because she stated he was driving her crazy so she opted to spend our last two days here with me. At least I was happy about that.

 

Passing my hands over my head, I groan in frustration.

 

 

Where do I even begin to say what's transpired in the last two days since we've been home?

 

Our short Christmas break away was great and everything but the moment we returned home, reality came crashing back down on us like a ton of bricks.

 

I know we're scheduled to leave for New York today based on the arrangements I made with Johnny and Jive for my album and promotional work as well as Yolanda, but I really don't want to take this trip anymore.

 

We're going to be up there for about a month, up until after my birthday before the group heads out for that well needed cruise I've been dying to go on all year. But that month we're going to be in New York is just...I don't know...I'm skeptical for obvious reasons. Not to mention we'll be heading right back to New York after our little vacation for Yol and my album release party as well as to start touring, since Johnny wants us to get out there as soon as possible.

 

That's a whole other part of my life I haven't experienced in a while. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out with Zara either. But, at least I know she's along for the ride.

 

The point is, when Zara and I returned home, Malcolm laid out everything for us. He told us that he and Drew weren't only coming on the trip to bust Jeremy and solve this case. They were also going to make sure that we were under protective police custody as well. That meant, my security had to be increased.

 

I agreed to that part without hesitation because I don't want anything to happen to anyone. But I'm not happy that Malcolm is coming.

 

Based on the information Zara and I gathered from Malcolm, they've suspected Jeremy really is into the whole drug dealing thing. They even think that his boss is some drug cartel they've been trying to bust who's been linked to a lot of shipments going in and out of Miami to the Caribbean. They also have reason to believe whoever the guy is behind this, he's Spanish, or something.

 

Yeah, I didn't want to believe any of that shit but it made sense.

 

But whatever. I'm just glad that we're heading to New York to meet up with Trace and Yolanda. Since Blake is being monitored, he wasn't allowed to leave Orlando so, I'm going to have to take over Yolanda's training for a bit while we're up there. I'm not going to hire anyone new now for her. Not until all of this mess is cleared up.

 

My mom did say she'd be flying across for my birthday at the end of January and Esmee, who's also signed to my label, will also be joining us in the studio.

 

Trace and I are also going to be attending meetings in New York for William Rast since fashion week is in February as well as releasing our spring line.

 

Shit, it's going to be one hectic month.

 

But in all of that and even disregarding Jeremy and Christian, I think what I'm most worried about is Zara and my relationship being public. That's also something I've been working out with my publicist Ken and Johnny. It's time to clear the air. I just hope my fans and the public understands and can give us, especially Zara, the respect and space we need.  I doubt they will, but I can still hope for the best.

 

I did stop into Tennman to say bye to my employees for the time and I have faith that things at our branch in Orlando will be ok while I'm gone.

 

I'm keeping my plans though, that when touring is over, I'll be moving back to LA with Trace and Yolanda and hopefully Zara. William Rast headquarters, my Record Label's main branch and Rachel are over there. Even my dogs will be over there. Trace took care of my babies with Rachel since we'll be gone for so long, so she has Buck and Bren again. I know she isn't pleased, but she doesn't mind. Cali is my second home after Tennessee. And, I'm ready to go home, back to that side of my life away from Florida and all the shit that's happened here.

 

But like I said before, I'm not leaving without Zara. So, we'll see how that goes, especially with Malcolm still having issues with me and all.

 

 

"Ju?"

 

Snapping my head up at the sound of Zara's voice, I turn to look at her, realizing that I was completely lost in my thoughts before she interrupted me.

 

"Yeah?" I smile and she returns the gesture.

 

"The guys are here. We're ready to head to the airport." She informs. "Mike already took my luggage down. What about you?" She questions, eyeing me suspiciously as I stare at her blankly.

 

"Oh um..." Looking down at the large suitcase I was fighting to close earlier I chuckle. I don't even know why I bothered. I'm probably going to end up buying a whole new wardrobe when we get to New York anyway. "Yeah, let me grab my things and lock up and I'll meet you guys outside." I voice and she nods before turning around to leave.

 

"Ok! I'll tell Malcolm that I'll ride with you, Mike and Lonnie in their ride and he'll go with Drew in his." Zara calls out, disappearing out of sight again.

 

Rolling my eyes at the mention of Malcolm, I shrug before moving around my room to grab a few things so I can haul my luggage downstairs and outside to the rides.

 

Well, here goes nothing.

 

New York here we come.

 

As long as the ‘bodybuilding wannabe' doesn't make things more stressful and complicated than they already are between his sister and me, then I have no problem with him doing his job.

 

He just better lay off because brother or not, cop or not, I have no intention of taking in Malcolm's shit for that month and something we're going to be out.

 

 

*****

Hours Later

In New York

At the Airport

 

 

I'm nervous.

 

I'm so nervous, I can hear my heartbeat pulsing in my ears.

 

We're here.

 

We're finally here, in New York, the last place I want to be.

 

Not to mention that it's cold as shit also and I hate the cold as well as the snow.

 

I already miss Florida.

 

Thank goodness I brought my bubble jacket and boots on the jet with us when we left.

 

Justin was a sweetheart to remind me of the massive switch in weather we were going to experience.

 

But I don't mind because well, we're together. I'm with my Ju and even if our situation is still a present factor, I'm working on not being as pessimistic as I used to be. I'm focusing on the good parts of this trip.

 

I'm focusing on Justin and Yolanda putting the finishing touches to their albums, I'm focusing on Justin getting all the work he needs to do complete. I'm focusing on spending time with my brother as well as with everyone else and I'm focusing on Malcolm and Drew solving their little case so I can have Jeremy out of my life for good.

 

In fact, I don't even care much for Jeremy anymore in being nervous about him being in New York. Malcolm would never let anything happen to us. He's taken the necessary measures to make sure we're protected so...I'm good.

 

The reason why I'm so nervous would maybe be because of Christian and because soon, Justin and I are going to officially go public with our relationship.

 

Those two things are making me a nervous wreck and I don't understand why. I'm trying my best not to dwell but it's hard.

 

I mean, even my feet are wobbly as we make our way out of the airport terminal with our luggage to meet up with Trace and Yolanda who said they were bringing a limo so we could all head to the hotel we'd be staying at together.

 

Justin actually has property here in New York, but he stated that he wasn't in the mood to house everyone for our stay. He much preferred to pay the costs for all of us to stay at a top five star hotel instead and maybe visit his place in between, during our stay.

Well, he can afford it, so I wasn't about to complain or interject. I respect his choice and didn't mind because living in a hotel is kind of cool when you think about it.

 

 

As Trace and Yolanda come into view, I quickly push my thoughts to the back of my mind and allow a large smile to grace my features when Trace rushes up to us and gives me a hug first in the best way he can since we're all suited up in winter wear.

 

"Tracey-poo!" I giggle when he pulls away from me.

 

"About time you all got here." He beams and I giggle, placing a chaste kiss on his cheek.

 

"We missed you too." I snigger.

 

"Speak for yourself berry." Justin chuckles and I note the look Malcolm shoots in Justin's direction at the mention of my nickname, but he doesn't say anything.

 

That's it Malky. Keep your cool. We're all here for a common goal. I hope he doesn't give Justin too much stress while we're here.

 

"Fuck you J." Trace quips causing Justin to laugh.

 

"No thanks T, I'm already taken." Justin muses causing everyone including Drew to laugh...expect my Malky of course, who doesn't find this funny at all.

 

"Ok, can we head out and get out of the cold? Damn, I miss home already." Malcolm speaks up and I smile at him.

 

"How were you guys' flight?" Yolanda questions as Drew, Mike and Lonnie move away from us to pile everyone's luggage into the limo.

 

"It was cool." Malcolm speaks up, smiling at her and I raise a brow, watching their interaction. They so like each other. It's too obvious.

 

"Good, good, I know it's cold up here but, you'll get used to it." Yolanda explains and Malcolm nods, a deep chuckle escaping him.

 

I'm going to have to really pull Yolanda aside and find out what's going on there. But it's cute. I like it. If my brother can get someone to keep him occupied, he won't have nearly as much time to focus on Justin and me. It would be a win-win situation.

 

Clearing his throat awkwardly, Justin's eyes flit over Yolanda and Malcolm before he grips my hand in his, giving me a knowing glare and I giggle, biting the corner of my mouth.

 

"Shall we?" Justin questions and I nod, still giggling softly.

 

Trace tells Malcolm hello and Yolanda quickly gives us all hugs before we all pile into the limo so we can be whisked away to the hotel we'll be staying at for the next month...

 

 

*

Hours Later

Manhattan, New York

At the Five Star Hotel

 

 

It's been one hell of a long day and I'm ready for it to be over. I really just want to turn in for the night and then start our first day out here fresh tomorrow. Justin and Yolanda are actually going to be heading to the studio tomorrow after we have breakfast to set themselves up.

 

I'll tag along since I don't want to be stuck inside for my first day.

 

I think we'll be discussing our schedules tomorrow as well because Johnny called when we got in earlier so, everything's a go with what he has planned out with Justin.

 

We're presently at the hotel up in our rooms now, after being down in the lobby for forever when Justin was checking in and assigning us rooms to grab the room keys.

 

He and Malcolm got in quite the argument when Malcolm voiced that he preferred I had a separate room when Justin suggested he and I shared one.

 

I mean, I don't get my brother. He was acting like I didn't spend time at Justin's place and we didn't just come back from our Christmas break. His reasoning behind it was the fact that he didn't need to be around and reminded of our relationship. I was so pissed, but not as much as Justin.

 

Yolanda quickly interceded though and took the initiative of suggesting us pairing up since it would be cheaper if we all had roommates.

 

After all, she and Trace got in before we did so, it was a good plan. She suggested that I shared a room with her, Trace with Justin, Malcolm with Drew and Mike with Lonnie, but Mike and Lonnie preferred their own space so Justin simply caved and agreed.

 

He was jetlagged and on edge so he simply gave in, asking the receptionist at the front desk to make it happen.

 

After that was settled, we all went up to our respected rooms on the top floor which Justin requested especially for our group. We got the suites which was pretty nice I must say.

 

I promised Justin I'd stop by his and Trace's suite once I was settled...

 

 

"This place is so cool." I voice as I throw on a pair of sweats and a fitted wife beater.

 

"I know right?" Yolanda giggles, staring out of the large windows that outlook Manhattan giving us a gorgeous scenery of the lights at night. "I'm so excited to get my career on the road. There's so much I have to say in my music." She smiles warmly when she turns to face me and I shake my head, agreeing with her.

 

"You'll do great Yol. No doubt."

 

"I know. And with you as my PA as well as Justin being there...I know things will turn out ok because you guys only want the best for me. You all have really become the family I never had." She says sincerely and I walk over to her, giving her tight hug.

 

"We love you Yol. You're more than just an artist signed to Justin's label and my ‘client.'" I giggle and she laughs as well.

 

"I know. I guess I'm a little worried still with everything that's happened. I hope Malcolm and Drew catch the punks disrupting our lives."

 

"I hope so too Yol. I hope so too." I drift as my thoughts cross over to Jeremy and Christian.

 

I can do this. I can get through this. It's only the beginning. I need to toughen up to deal with them and the public when the time comes.

 

"I think I'm going to turn in early. Trace and I already ate before we picked you guys up." Yolanda states.

 

"Well, I'm going to head out and check on Justin. I already told Malcolm goodnight. He actually went out with Drew wanting to make a spin at the bar where they traced Jeremy's call so..."

 

"That's fine. Goodnight berry." Yolanda snickers, sticking her tongue out at me when I glare at her before she disappears into the bathroom.

 

Shaking my head, I cackle softly before grabbing one of the key cards to our room to exit.

 

Walking down the hallway, I wave to Lonnie when I see him exiting his room with an ice bucket in hand.

 

"Hey girl!" He smiles and I grin cheekily at him.

 

"Hey Lon, going to check on the boys." I smile.

 

"Need ice." He says simply, showing me the bucket in his hand and I laugh out.

 

"You do that."

 

"You know it."

 

Laughing, I wave bye to him as I make it to Justin and Trace's door, my laughs instantly dying...

 

Frowning when I make out what seems to be loud yelling, I rest against the door to see if I can hear what's going on in there.

 

"I mean I'm so fuckin' tired of him always being up in berry and my shit T! I swear brother and cop be damned, if he even thinks for a second I'm just going to sit back and take his bullshit then he has another thing coming. He needs to do his damn job and let me worry about Zara..."

 

Scowling at the harshness in Justin's tone as he vents to Trace about my brother, I decide to interrupt his little ranting by knocking on the door. I can't be mad at him. I understand how he feels. Malcolm tends to get overbearing.

 

Silence takes over and then I hear footsteps before the door swings open and I'm greeted by Trace.

 

"Zar-bear hey!" Trace coos, gripping my hand and pulling me into their suite before he shuts the door behind us.

 

"Hey." I drawl and he gives me an amiable smile.

 

Rubbing the back of his neck nervously, he darts his eyes over to where Justin is sprawled out on the couch in a wife beater and boxers with the remote in his hand flipping through channels.

 

"J's sort of in a shitty mood so...watch what you say." Trace whispers to me so Justin won't hear us.

 

"Got it." I shrug.

 

"I'll give you guys some privacy. I'll be back soon. I'm going to grab a drink in the hotel bar before they close."

 

"Ok. Thanks." I mutter before Trace excuses his self and exits their suite, leaving Justin and me alone.

 

Breathing deeply, I quietly amble over to where Justin is sitting on the large couch with his eyes trained on the television screen.

 

Biting my bottom lip, I cautiously sit next to him, studying the deep frown on his face as he ignores me.

 

He's so cute, even when he's upset. I know he's under a lot of pressure and us being in New York now doesn't make things any better or less stressful. If anything, our lives are about to get more hectic and out of control. But I'm ready to face it, with Justin.

 

"Ju..." I begin but I trail off when his head whips in my direction.

 

"You might not want to be in here...in case Malcolm catches you or whatever..." He mumbles grumpily, rolling his eyes in the process and I sigh heavily.

 

"He's not here. He went out with Drew. They went to the bar Jeremy called me from some time back to ask a few questions to the people in there. We're safe." I state which only elicits a groan from Justin. "I know you're on edge Ju. I'm not mad at you. If anything, I'm sorry that we're going through this...it's kind of my fault." I relent and his stare immediately softens.

 

"It's not your fault Zara." He says honestly but I don't believe him.

 

This whole thing is because of me, because of Jeremy and Christian. It's my fault.

 

"Yes it..." But he cuts me off, dropping the remote in his hand and pulling me into his embrace.

 

"Hey, we're good. We'll deal with this. I'm sorry for my bad mood I'm just...tired and frustrated and honestly, a little worried." Justin admits and I nod, agreeing with him.

 

I'm worried too. But, I don't want to dwell on any of it. "Well, we don't have to worry about anything now. We're good now. We can maybe just chill or..."

 

"Do you want to spend the night? Trace and I have separate rooms." Justin suggests and I hesitate when I think of my brother and his obvious dislike towards Justin. Honestly, if it was any guy, Malcolm would be the same, but the fact that Justin has the lifestyle he has, it's worse.

 

"But Malcolm..."

 

"Fuck him." Justin interrupts. "I know he's your brother and all that but Zara, fuck him. I'm fuckin' trying and he's not even acknowledging that so just...fuck him!" Justin growls angrily and I cringe, burying my head in his chest, inhaling his fresh sent. Hmm, he just got out of the shower.

 

"Ugh, I'll talk to him Justin. I promise, I'll talk to him tomorrow. And, and I'll stay over tonight if you want me to but you need to wake me up early so I can get back to Yol and my room to get ready for our day out." I explain.

 

Relaxing by my words Justin breaths deeply, placing a soft kiss on my forehead as he stares at me. "Ok." He utters and I smile lightly at him.

 

"Good. Now, drop it. Let's chill. What are we watching?" I question, and his orbs easily flit to the television screen.

 

"Don't know. Want to order pay per-view?" Justin suggests and I nod.

 

"Sure."

 

"Ok, you pick, but no chick flicks." He chuckles, grabbing the remote and handing it to me.

 

"I make no promises." I jibe and he gives me a warning glare before his lips twitch into a bright smile.

 

Before he can respond my cell goes off and I quickly grab it from the pocket of my pants.

 

"Are those my sweats?" Justin questions in slight amusement, studying my attire and the baggy fit on my frame.

 

Blushing I nod. "They're comfy." I defend and he's still eyeing me interestingly.

 

"Uh huh..." He hums before casting his vision to the television when I begin scanning for a good movie to watch.

 

Switching my vision to my phone, I quickly go to the text message I received, scowling when I read over the message carefully.

 

Jahzara, I take it you all arrived in New York by now which is where I'm located. Listen, we need to meet. I need to talk to you but, I'd appreciate it if you didn't bring the crew with you. If you really want answers, we can meet somewhere publicly but only if you come alone. I mean it. Don't worry, I only want to talk to you. I hope you accept my invitation despite everything that's happened. I'm really sorry. I'll be in touch soon.


Jer.

 

Looking for the number of the cell he used to text me, I scoff when I realize that it's showing ‘unknown sender.' I wonder if there's a way to still trace it. Malcolm would maybe know...

 

Just perfect. What the hell does Jeremy want?

 

Doesn't he realize that I want nothing to do with him?

 

Lifting my head to look at Justin who's busy reading over the room service menu, I silently shut off my phone and stuff it back in the pocket of the sweats I'm wearing.

 

Inhaling deeply, I brush off the text, deciding to not tell Justin about it right now since I want him to relax and telling him will only enrage him more.

 

We just got here.

 

And this is going to sound selfish, but, I want tonight and this time for us without having anyone else spoil it...

 

"Does ‘Interview with a vampire' constitute as a chick flick?" I question, causing Justin to glare at me.

 

"They actually have that movie on the list?" He asks stunned quickly scanning the television screen before diverting his gaze. "It's kind of old school." He voices, glowering at me.

 

"Yeah, but it's Brad Pitt." I point out and he laughs.

 

"Your list keeps getting longer and longer huh? I guess I have my work cut out for me."

 

"What list?" I ask in curiosity.

 

"The list of all the male celebrities I need to make sure that you never meet or will never meet again." Justin muses. "We've got Robin Thicke, Chris brown, all the dudes acting in the ‘chick flicks' you like, JC without a doubt, and now Brad Pitt." Justin jokes and I smack his arm playfully.

 

"Whatever Ju." I snigger and he tickles me causing me to smack his hand away.

 

"Stop!"

 

"Ok, ok, let's watch it. I get to see a whole bunch of people and vampires fight and get slaughtered. Plus, Kirsten Dunst looks hot as a child vampire..." He speaks up.

 

"Ugh, perv." I snicker, hitting the accept button to rent the movie on the remote.

 

"Only for you babe." Justin counters and I groan, resting against his chest as we get more comfortable.

 

"Men."

 

"Hey now..." Justin warns and I instantly shut him up when the movie starts up.

 

"Shhh Ju." I tease him and he simply nudges me with a smile, not saying anything else as we instantly get sucked into the movie, enjoying each other's company.

 

I wish we could always be this way.

 

In fact, I'm hoping that when everything is said and done we will still be this way...

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story