4 days later...

Late Friday afternoon...

 

A Single Gesture Speaks Volumes

 

"You know about a person who deeply interests you more than you can be told. A look, a gesture, an act, which to everybody else is insignificant, tells you more about that one person than words can."

 

"I can do this, I can do this." I speak out loud, pacing back and forth in my small living room anxiously as I watch the digital clock next to the television. It's fifteen minutes to 7 and at 7 o'clock tonight, my brother is going to walk through that door, ready to drive me over to Justin's cookout. I just got my car fixed yesterday but I don't really want to drive today. Anyway, who has a cookout in the night? Isn't it supposed to be a day thing? I guess Justin will improvise since we had to be at work for the day.

Incase you were wondering, I spoke to Malcolm and we both decided that I should take the PA job. I really need the cash and I guess my dream of leaving this boring desk job is also coming true. So, on Wednesday, I signed all the papers Justin wanted me to sign. It's odd really, but he's been really kind this entire week. At first, I thought I was in some prolonged dream that I'd wake up from at any minute, but so far I'm still dreaming. I still haven't gotten use to calling him by his first name, but every time I call him Mr. Timberlake he corrects me. He even made a joke that Mr. Timberlake is his dad and it makes him feel old. How odd is that?

To make things worse, Mallory came into his office yesterday when Justin was discussing the plane tickets and our schedule in LA to me. She saw us talking and laughing and the scowl on her face made her look like some she-devil from the underworld. I think she grew horns too! At that exact moment, I knew that she and Justin had something going on.

He tried to play it off, but when I called him Justin, she practically blew up. She was like ‘what's going on here?' and all that crap a jealous girlfriend would do. It was funny too, because I know Justin doesn't want anyone knowing about them. Anyway, he kept his cool with her and explained to her that I was Yolanda's new PA and I'd be traveling with them. I swear, the woman exploded on the inside, because she turned this bright shade of red. I tried not to laugh, but I couldn't help the giggle that escaped my lips, causing Justin to divert his attention to me and smile. It's just so amazing how nice he's been with me you know? But I'm still wondering why and how long it will last.

Either way, I'm grateful and so is my brother. He even called the office and thanked Justin on the phone. I thought it was admirable, because Malcolm always says that Justin has a pole permanently wedged up his ass from being a spoilt celebrity. He said Justin wouldn't be able to survive a regular job as a regular person without all his money and fame. I think he's wrong though, because Justin worked really hard to get where he is...

 

 

So, I just finished packing my last suitcase to head to the airport tomorrow and I'm now sitting on my couch in cold sweat, nervous about the night's event to come. It's 7:10 now, and somehow I'm thinking about backing out, but Justin told me he'd be waiting for my arrival when work was over today. Man, mixing with his friends, family, and fellow executives is going to be the most challenging thing for me. I like to avoid people. I don't like people sizing me up and judging me, but that's what they're going to do. I can just sense it....

"I...can...do...this." I mutter, before the door to the apartment swings open and in walks...

"Jeffery?" I ask surprised. "What are you doing here?" As soon as that statement leaves my lips, Malcolm steps into sight.

"I'm here to take you to the cookout girl. We're both going to the same place and I know where it is. Your bro thought that would be more convenient." Jeffery walks over to me and takes a seat on the couch instantly making himself at home.

I dart my eyes over to Malcolm for an explanation but he just shrugs. "I got called in on duty tonight Zary, I'm sorry. Jeff can take you." He apologizes, before heading into the kitchen to pull out a beer from the refrigerator.

"Oh...ok." I reply wearily. I hate my brother's line of work. I hope he'll be ok. I can't deal with a trip to the emergency room. But he'll be fine. I'm the one who might need to be rushed to the hospital from a panic attack.

"I can do this...." I mumble causing Jeffery to eye me strangely.

"Do what Z?" He asks, pulling my hand to stand.

"Huh? Oh nothing. Let's go then." I walk towards the door with him, telling my brother bye and to be careful in the process.

Finally making it out to Jeffery's Escalade, we hop in and strap up before he pulls out of the parking lot of the apartment complex.

Well, here goes nothing...

 

 

 

About an hour later, we finally turn into a street of a very quiet and expensive neighborhood.

I'm in awe as I stare out the window at all the mansions we pass by. They're all so beautiful. I can't wait to see what Justin's own looks like. I know he lives in style, but this is going to be my first time seeing him in his habitat...no uptight, big shot C.E.O. Just Justin, at home with his close peers. This should be interesting.

Snapping out of my trance, I look over at Jeff as he pulls up to some large black gates. I watch intently as he speaks through some intercom system before the gates open and he drives up the driveway.

"Oh wow..." I whisper as I take in the large estate and winding driveway. The grass and plants are perfectly manicured and his home is this huge two or three story white mansion. Damn, Justin's really blessed. I'm happy for him.

Finally parking behind a red Porsche both Jeffery and I exit the ride as I look around at my environment.

"Amazing." I say with a light whistle.

"Did you expect anything less from Mr. Timberlake?" Jeffery jokes causing me to giggle. He's right. "Come on." He grips my hand and leads me to the front door, ringing the door bell in the process.

There's a full blown party going on in there. I can hear endless talking, laughing and music blasting.

A few seconds later, the door swings open and we're greeted by...

"Trace! What's up man?" Jeffery lets go of my hand to give him a handshake and a light hug.

"I'm good, I'm good." Trace smiles before he diverts his attention to me suddenly turning serious. Oh no, I move to hide behind Jeffery but he stops me.

"Trace this is Jahzara Gilmore. She works with us at Tennman Records." Jeffery introduces us with a grin.

Trace is still there just standing and staring at me interestingly. I can see the curiosity in his eyes as to why I'm here. I'm not on the board or one of the executives like Jeffery, Tameka and Mallory.

"What do you do?" Trace asks me nosily.

"Uh...well..." I stutter, before I notice someone come up behind him.

"She's Yolanda's new PA." I hear a smooth familiar voice before Justin appears from behind the door with a beer in his hand. I can feel the air lodge in my throat as I take in his form. He's wearing long dark jeans, black sneakers, and a long sleeved button down black shirt. Oh my god, he looks amazing! And he smells good too...as always. Inhaling deeply, I plaster a tight smile on my face.

"Glad to see you made it." Justin smiles at me, before he pushes Trace out of the way, who's still glaring at me by the way, allowing us to enter.

Ok, so I don't need to go into detail on how lavish this place is. For anyone who's seen MTV cribs, you get the picture because Justin's home is no different. It's just styled to his liking.

Scanning around the room, I take in all the familiar celebrity faces, family members, friends, entourage and various co-workers. Ok, maybe I can't do this. Maybe I should just post up in a corner whole night away from everyone, but I don't think Justin will allow that, because he's now standing in my line of sight. Looking over my shoulder I realize Jeffery and Trace left and are nowhere to be seen. Oh no...

"So, drinks are in the kitchen, so is the food. We just finished the barbeque a while ago, so we took the party indoors since it's getting dark. If you need to use the bathroom, there're three down here just let me know and I'll direct you to one. Make yourself at home...well..." He looks around before he chuckles. "Make yourself as comfortable as possible. And feel free to mingle; you can meet a few celebrities if you'd like. Yolanda isn't here yet, but she'll be here." He pauses for a brief moment as he stares directly into my eyes. What's up with those unnerving glares?

"You look nice." He finally voices before he breaks the eye contact, gripping unto my arm and leading me into the kitchen. I don't see how tight light jeans and a simple green top constitutes as me looking nice. Uh ok...thank you?

Nodding, I still haven't said anything. I'm a little star stuck here. I think I just saw JC! He was always my favorite when Nsync were together, but don't tell Justin I said that.

Now in the kitchen, I lean against his marbled island, as he discards the beer he was drinking. Opening a cooler, I watch as he digs through the various drinks and ice.

"What do you want to drink Zara?" He asks with his back facing me.

You...do you come hot, cold or chilled? I smile at that thought, forgetting he even asked me a question until he turns to eye me arching his brows in the process.

"Huh?" I mutter causing Justin to frown as he scratches under his chin in thought.

"Why are you always so zoned out? What could possibly have you so disconnected with reality?" He enquires, walking over to me with a wine cooler in his hand.

He's now standing right in front of me, like literally. There are only maybe centimeters separating our bodies from touching. Oh wow, my hormones are kicking in. Behave girls! Now is a bad time! I wish he'd back the hell up.

"Uh..." You're the reason I daydream so much. Can't you tell you clueless retard! I hate being so attracted to you. It's so wrong! I press into the island, trying to make some space between us as he's just watching me intently like he's trying to read my mind or something.

 

****

 

I'd really like to know why she seems so dazed half the time. Oh and did I mention how cute she looks tonight? Is it wrong to develop a personal liking for one of my employees? And before you state the obvious, Mallory doesn't count. I don't like her. I can barely stand her. She's just a good fuck that's all. But Zara, there's something uncannily alluring about her. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's how lost she always seems to be or how her eyebrows do this cute little arch and her lips curl into this light smile when she's nervous or deep in thought. Whatever it is, she's just too shy, quiet, decent and courteous. It's very unusual.

But then, she's not like most women. She lacks a whole lot of self-esteem and confidence. I don't blame her really. I can't relate, but I sort of understand where her high level of self-consciousness comes from. She's not exactly ‘America's Next Top Model'. Thinking about that makes me smile, because Tameka is a Tyra Banks look alike. Ha, the resemblance is amazing too.

Breaking from my thoughts, I notice Zara's questionable glares as she just stares at me quietly. We've been standing there in silence for the past few seconds or minutes...I'm not sure really. Can we say awkward? But, I don't want to move. I like making her feel uncomfortable. It's funny. Besides, she's practically squirming.

I'm now aware of how close we are when I feel her warm breath on my neck as she exhales loudly. Oh shit...

 

 

"Justin what's keeping you so..."

Snapping my head to the entrance of my kitchen, I notice Mallory standing there with her hand on her hips and an evil glare on her face.

"What?" I asked dumbfounded. I think Mallory has steam coming out of her ears. Jesus, it's not like anything was happening? I think I was just waiting for Zara to answer my question on why she daydreams so much. That jealous bitch...

"Please move Mr. Timberlake." I hear Zara whisper weakly as I turn to look at her.

"What?" I frown, before realization hits me. She can't move. I've practically sandwiched her between me and my island. "Oh! Right..." I hand her the cooler and instantly back away creating space between us, still keeping my gaze on her. I really don't want to deal with Mallory right now. I swear...I will send her flying out of some window somewhere if she pisses me off tonight.

"Thanks." Zara clutches unto the wine cooler and I give her an apologetic smile, as she moves out of my line of sight instantly heading out of the kitchen and disappearing around the corner.

Just great. What the fuck just happened anyway? That was beyond odd.

"What the fuck was that Justin?"

Here we go...

 

 

Turning to face Mallory I unpin the top button on my shirt so I can get some air. Is it hot in here? Maybe it's just me? The AC is on full blast.

"Not now." I grunt, moving to walk past her but she stops me.

"No Justin! Now! You have some nerve." She snaps.

What the fuck? This bitch is out of her right mind. What makes her think she can talk to me like that?

Releasing a throaty groan I keep my cool and just shrug. "Say what you have to say Mallory." I respond in a condescending manner. Doesn't she know not to ever test me?

"I came in here to find you and I see you and the hideous troll standing mere inches away from each other in some intense staring contest. What the fuck was that Justin? If I hadn't come when I did, maybe you all would have ended up kissing and who knows what else. Since when are you so fucking interested in that fat cow? Have you gone mad? What could you possibly see in her?" Mallory yells at me as she taps her feet annoyingly against my tiled floor.

Ok, I'd have to say my mother just saved her, because she raised me to never lay my hand on a woman. But boy oh boy how I wish I could clog that witch one right now.

"Firstly Mallory, you're not my girlfriend so you have no right to speak to me in such a manner. Secondly, I don't appreciate the way you speak of Miss. Gilmore. That's very low even for you. Thirdly, nothing fucking happened so I don't see why you're being the biggest bitch on the planet. And fourthly, never in your life speak to me like that again else you'll have no job and no C.E.O to whore your way up to the top with." I end my statement with a sly smile as her eyes bulge out of their sockets.

"How dare you Justin! You never treated me this way until Miss ‘Jenny Craig' came into the picture. When did this happen? When did things change? You're changing Justin." She whines on the verge of tears.

I'm changing? Just because I don't pamper her and take her shit anymore I've changed? That whore must be high on drugs or something.

"It would do you well to not have anything to tell me for the rest of the night. Enjoy your stay, then leave. I'll deal with you when I get back from LA. But right now, I'm pissed off and if you value your job, you'll stay away from me for the night Mallory. That will be all. Now if you'll excuse me, I have guests to entertain." I move past her not bothering to make eye contact, because I know she's crying now.

Walking out of the kitchen, I hear her whimper and I know I should feel bad but I don't. You have no idea what I have to put up with. Sometimes I don't think the sex is worth it. It's not like it's spectacular and earth shattering.

I wonder where Zara's disappeared to. She must have felt really out of place. I'm still not sure what happened. Either way, I'm going to enjoy the rest of tonight.

Walking up to Jeffery and Trace I pat Trace on the shoulder. "You guys up for a game of pool?" I ask them.

"Hell yeah! I'm down." I hear JC reply, walking over to us.

Looking over at Trace and Jeffery, they nod in agreement. "Ok then, let's head over to the game room." I add as I lead them to a different section of the house where the game room is situated.

Yeah, this is going to be fun. "I hope you can put your money where your mouths are gentlemen." I joke as we walk into the game room. Let the hustling begin.

 

 

****

Hours later...

 

So, I'm having an ok time...yeah...this is...good...I guess. Not very convincing huh? I didn't think so. Well, after that weird encounter in Justin's kitchen, I haven't seen him whole night. I sort of don't understand what it was that happened between us, but I don't want to understand right now.

Incase you were wondering, I've successfully kept away from the party. I sort of went exploring and found the pool out back. So, that's where I am, sitting quietly, sipping on some scotch on the rocks. The only time I ever go in, is to grab a drink when my glass is empty. I'm not hungry so I haven't eaten anything.

I roll up my pants as I allow my feet to dangle over the edge of the pool and into the water. I'm not sure what's going on in the house right now. I think the party is kind of dying out. Either way I don't care. I just want to be alone and think about some things. Like the fact that I'm going to LA tomorrow and my life is going to transform from dull to hectic and chaotic. I think I'm having second thoughts too. But Malcolm and I need all the financial help we can get, so that's the only real reason I even took the damn job.

The truth is, I'm not sure how well things will roll with me and Justin spending so much time together. I think he's just being kind because he has to and because he feels guilty. It's ok though, because I don't mind. I just hope if I'm dreaming, I never wake up.

Did I mention how alone I feel too? I know I shouldn't be, but it's been years since I've had a boyfriend or any male companion besides my brother, and he definitely doesn't count. Maybe Mallory is right; maybe I am hideous. Yeah, I sort of listened in on the beginning of her and Justin's argument, but decided that it was wrong to eavesdrop so I left. He doesn't have to worry about me telling anyone about his affair though. I'm not that kind of person.

Still sipping on my drink, I'm definitely feeling a buzz as I continue to look around the pool area. It's really dark out tonight and it's quiet too. The only illumination out here is from the pool lights. There's also a Jacuzzi on the other side, sheltered by the shadows of the overlaying tree branches. It's so peaceful and serene. I like it out here...

 

"I can feel your pain....even if you're thousands miles away.....I can remember those days.....when loneliness was right there on your face....I can erase those nights away....no more loneliness staring in your face." I sing quietly to myself as I continue to sip on my drink oblivious to my surroundings. This is good....I don't want this to end.

 

"You have a beautiful voice...but that was a sad song....still beautiful though." I hear someone say behind me, startling me back to reality.

Turning my head, I notice Justin walking over to me. Well, so much for my tranquil simplicity.

"Thanks." I mutter turning my attention back to the clear pool, before I take another sip of my scotch.

I hear him shuffling behind me before he takes a sit next to me, letting his bare feet hang over the side of the pool like mine.

I watch intently as he splashes around some water not saying anything.

"Yolanda is here. And so is Jeremy. They were looking for you." He states, not making any eye contact. "I think Jeremy likes you. He was asking me all these questions about you when he came to my office on Monday." He finally turns to look at me and I stare intently into his crystal blues. I notice how the light from the pool reflects off his eyes making them shine like a smooth glass surface.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, he's going to be in LA with us too." He says and this time I notice a hint of sadness or disappointment in his voice. Wow, what's that about?

"That's cool." I reply, taking a large gulp of my drink, finishing it off.

Justin's frowning at me now as I place the glass down next to me.

"How much did you have to drink?" He inquires.

"I don't know." I mutter nonchalantly, shrugging as I take in a deep breath. "How did you find me?" I ask.

"Well, you weren't anywhere in the house so..."

"It's a big ass house Justin. I could hide out here and you'd never know." I joke causing him to chuckle.

"Yeah...you're right. I just took a wild guess as to where you might be and I got lucky."

And just like that the silence takes over again...

"Justin?" I call out, not wanting to sink into an awkward silence.

"Yeah?"

"What happened in your kitchen earlier tonight?" I dart my eyes around realizing that it's only the two of us out here. No one would even know we're here unless they come looking.

"I...I...don't know." He sighs, rolling up the sleeves of his shirt.

Nodding, I drop the issue all together. It's better not to talk about it. Trying to lighten the mood, I lift my feet out of the water and stand, dusting off my jeans.

I'm a bit tipsy right now. Wow, I think the ground is moving....oh god....I shouldn't have had that last drink. But I don't care, because Justin's looking up at me intently, wondering what the hell I'm about to do.

"Let's take a swim." I joke and I see his eyes light up. "I'm so hot!" I giggle. Well it's true. It's the middle of summer and we're outside. The humidity is a bitch. Plus, I think I need to cool down, because one I'm horny, two I'm kind of drunk, and three if I spend too much alone time with Justin I'll jump him for sure. He just looks so delicious right now.

"Oh god..." I moan as I clutch my head tightly. Maybe I'll skip the swim and just go for hurling or something.

 

****

 

Did she just say let's go swimming? Has she lost her mind? Paying close attention to her I'm starting to think she's kind of drunk. She seems to be swaying a bit and her eyes look a little glazed. I really would like to know how much she drank.

The party is sort of dying out and I successfully kicked Mallory out about an hour ago. She was just pissing me off so bad. But that's not important right now, because I'm feeling like Zara is way too close to the edge of the pool.

Standing to face her, I stuff my hands in my pockets just watching intently.

"Zara, what are you doing? You're not thinking of jumping in are you?" I ask chuckling lightly.

The look she gives makes me cease my laughing as I hold my breath. She's thinking of jumping in. Oh no...I can't let her do that. She's drunk. She might drown or something. How fucked up would that be?

"Uh Zara..." I try to stop her but she cuts me off.

"Live a little Justin!" She squeals, before she moves back and runs directly for the pool doing a cannon ball before she submerges in the water causing a huge splash.

"Ahh fuck..." I hiss as I jump back, my pants now soaked. She's crazy. Yeah that's it. She's without a doubt crazy. "Why'd you do that?" I can't help but laugh as she comes up to the surface looking like a wet poodle. Her hair is plastered against her smooth face and she's completely soaked. God, the woman is impossible. She's giggling maniacally and I'm a little scared that if she doesn't close her mouth she's going to ingest a ton of pool water.

"Come on in Justin. It's fun and the water is warm!" She beams, splashing around and shifting her hair from her eyes.

Dear god, she's lost her marbles. I can't even laugh right now; I'm too stunned by her little ‘leap of spontaneity'.

Shaking my head sadly, I amble to the edge of the pool. "Stop that Zara and come on out. You're going to get sick!" I explain but she protests by shaking her head at me.

"No, come in. Seriously, the water is warm." She tries to convince me.

I must be losing my mind too because I'm actually considering this. She's making it look really fun with the way she's splashing and swimming around. "No Zara. Just get out. I'll get you a towel, so you can come into the house and meet Yolanda." I state.

Pouting she swims towards me. Damn, that's a sexy pout. And I can't help that my eyes travel over her wet form, noting how her clothes are glued to her body like a second skin.

Hmmm, those are some really perky breasts...Ahhh...stop this Justin. You horny dog!

"Damn it." I curse under my breath as she finally reaches me. This is so fucking wrong...this attraction I'm growing towards her. What the hell is fucking wrong with me man?

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing...here let me help you out." I extend my hands for her to take and she watches me for a brief second before she grabs unto them firmly.

 

 

As I'm about to pull her out, she does the impossible...or maybe I should have seen this coming.

Yanking me forward I yelp as I go crashing into the pool with her. This is so absolutely without a doubt, fantastically great! Fucking shit man!

Coming up to the surface, I cough vigorously trying to clear my lungs of the water and take in some needed air.

"Why the fuck...did you do that...Zara?" I speak between coughs as I hit my chest to clear my air passage. Damn it, I'm soaked too. And that was my favorite fucking shirt. I spent hundreds of dollars on it and now it's ruined because of her. Oh, her ass is so going to buy it back.

Coming over to me she cocks her head to the side. "You're so full of shit. Can't you just enjoy yourself?" She snaps.

"What? You just fucking yanked me in with no warning!" I yell, feeling enraged. What the hell is wrong with her? Is she high? Wait...she is. She's drunk. That's the only reason she's so laid back and comfortable with me. I think she's forgotten I'm her boss too...because she keeps calling me Justin with no issue or hesitancy.

"Just shut up Justin. You're too uptight." She splashes me in the face and I winch as the chlorine water hits my eyes.

"Fuck Zara." I grimace, hearing her giggle. "Oh....so that's how you want to play eh?" I ask, as an evil smirk takes over my features. "Fine then!" I shout as I lunge for her, hearing her scream.

She tries to swim away, but I'm faster and catch up to her before I grip her around the waist, dunking her a few times. Laughing evilly, I watch as she surfaces gasping for air. Ha! Victory is mine.

"Justin you stupid asshole! I could have drowned." She whines, wiping at her eyes.

"You know I'd not let that happen. Plus I know CPR." I beam as she swims over to me, smacking me on the arm playfully.

"Whatever man." She laughs, groping at her curly hair.

Grinning like an idiot, I move over to her shifting some of her soaking hair out of her face. "I'm sorry." I chortle and she groans.

"No you're not." She smiles, twisting her hair in one.

 

 

Paying close attention to her, I realize how close we are again. Only, I don't think anyone is going to interrupt this time. Plus, we're just staring at each other, soaking wet in my pool. This....is...very...unprofessional. But, for some reason, my urges are taking over my will power and self-control. I've lost my better judgment at this point too.

Before I'm even aware of what exactly it is I'm doing, I notice Zara blink slowly before I grip unto her waist pulling her towards me so we're practically glued to each other.

I instantly feel her tense as her eyes widen and her breathing becomes labored.

My mind is riling with all these abstract thoughts too. What the fuck am I doing? You need to stop this craziness!

But, I'm far gone now, because I instantly cup her cheeks with the palm of my hands and lean down placing a light kiss on her lips.

 

" How did it happen that their lips came together? How does it happen that birds sing, that snow melts, that the rose unfolds, that the dawn whitens behind the stark shapes of trees on the quivering summit of the hill? A kiss, and all was said."

 

Oh...my...god. I've died and gone to heaven. Holy shit! Her lips are so smooth, and soft and delicate. Wow...

She's frozen in place as I pull her against my wet chest deepening the kiss before she relaxes against me, draping her arms around my neck.

Smiling to myself, I begin nibbling on her bottom lip asking for access to her insides, before she parts her lips allowing our tongues to battle.

Kill me now, because this is beyond amazing and I'm utterly shocked at how a simple kiss has my insides on fire. I'm seriously turned on right now. She's an amazing kisser and this definitely beats the dance we shared some two weeks ago. Oh god...I'm going to regret this, but I'm enjoying this way too much right now. Releasing a deep groan, I moan into the kiss when I feel her legs brush against my growing arousal.

As if on cue, I feel her freeze under my hold and I open my eyes to stare at her. She looks like she's going to pass out or something. Unwillingly breaking the lip lock we shared, I watch as she pushes against my chest until she's created a significant amount of space between us.

Breathing heavily, I lick at my swollen lips frowning when she begins shaking her head vigorously.

"No....no...this did not just happen....oh god...no this is wrong. We...it's wrong Justin!" She mutters as a few tears stream down her cheeks.

What the hell? Why the fuck is she crying? It wasn't that bad was it? Because I was certainly on cloud nine a moment ago.

"Zara....I." I'm speechless. I try moving towards her, but she keeps reversing away from me until her back hits the edge of the pool.

"No Justin just...leave me alone." She whispers. "You...we...shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry...I." She's actually crying now as she turns and pulls herself out of the pool.

What the fuck man? What's going on?

"Zara wait just...let me explain." I fight to find the right words, but I'm just as confused as she is. I'm so stupid. I should have never done that. I should have never kissed her. But it was so tempting! With the way she looked all sexy, soaking wet as those water droplets slid off her light chocolate lips. I just wanted to know what she tasted like...I couldn't resist. And trust me when I say she's as sweet as candy.

"You stupid idiot." I mutter to myself, still standing in the same spot she left me in the pool as she quickly puts on her shoes, sprinting into my house, soaking wet. She better not drip on my rugs and carpets.

When she's gone, I get out of the pool still in a trance. "Shit! Fuck! I'm so stupid!" I scold myself, gripping at my shirt, squeezing out the excess water. It's now hitting me how much of a mistake I just made.

 

 

I don't think she's going to forgive me for this one. But...she kissed me back too. What am I even thinking? She was drunk. If you look at it technically, I took advantage of her.

"Damn it! Zara!" I rush into the house behind her, halting my tracks when I notice the few lingering persons staring at me.

"She just left with Jeffery." Jeremy states while coming over to me.

"What? What do you mean she just left?" I ask incredulously. That was fucking fast.

"She was crying hysterically and soaking wet....just like you are might I add. She begged him to take her home and he obliged. They just left." Jeremy explains giving me a frown. "What happened Justin?" He asks in an angry tone. What...is he for real? I don't have to stay and deal with this...just because he's crushing on one of my employees. He's not her type anyway.

Scowling, I ignore his enquiry and everyone's questionable glares.

"Justin are you ok? Was that Jahzara that just left?" I turn to face a tall, slim, green eyed, dirty blonde.

Sighing with defeat I nod for her. "Yeah Yolanda. I'm sorry you didn't get to meet her." I lament, feeling like shit now.

"It's ok, I'll see her tomorrow. Why are you soaking wet? Did you all fall into the pool?" She inquires as I note the curiosity twinkling in her eyes.

"Something like that. I'll be back" Is all I manage to get out before I turn to leave the room in search of a towel and some dry clothes. Walking past Trace and up the stairs to my room, I take note of the look he gives me which reads ‘what the fuck is going on?' I know he wants answers and I won't hear the end of it until I tell him everything. Some friend huh? He just doesn't know when to mind his business. But maybe, I could use some advice on what to do right now. Because I know for a fact, I've royally screwed over any chance of Zara and me actually getting along and being at least comfortable with each other's presence.

Sighing loudly, I kick the door to my room open as I peel off the wet clothes from my body. Walking into the bathroom I turn on the shower setting the temperature on cold. What can I say? That kiss turned me on immensely and since I have no one to fix my little issue considering I kicked Mallory out earlier, a cold shower will have to do.

Groaning when the cold water hits my tense muscles, I place my hands on the shower wall bowing my head in thought as I replay what happened between Zara and me in my mind. Closing my eyes, I shake my head sadly as regret slowly takes over my senses, mumbling to myself in the process.

"Shit, I'm so, so stupid...I'm so sorry Z."

 

****

Song (Zara sang) - I can feel your pain by: Gyptian

Quotes by: Henry David Thoreau and Victor Hugo

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story