Next day...

Sunday morning...

Justin's P.O.V

 

Ignorance Is Bliss

 

"Genuine ignorance is... profitable because it is likely to be accompanied by humility, curiosity, and open mindedness; whereas ability to repeat catch-phrases, can't terms, familiar propositions, gives the conceit of learning and coats the mind with varnish waterproof to new ideas."

 

"So you just kissed her?" Trace has the most comical glimmer in his eyes as he sits at my island drinking a glass of orange juice.

"Yeah man, what else do you want me to tell you?" I snap a bit irritated.

I've been telling him what happened between Zara and me at my cookout and he seems to always return to this same question. That's the eighth time he's asked me that in the last fifteen minutes. I'm just about ready to rip out whatever hair I have on my head.

"Why'd you do it Justin?" He inquires, finishing off his drink before he stands and walks over to the kitchen sink.

"I don't know." I lie. Because I like her; because I'm attracted to her; because I think she's sexy and I crave to taste her in more ways than one.

"Bullshit! You don't just go around kissing on your employees do you?" He retorts, taking a seat in front of me as I stuff a spoon full of apple jacks into my mouth.

"No." I mutter since my mouth is filled with cereal. Rolling my eyes at him, I wipe my hands over my long grey cotton pants.

"Then why'd you do it? I still can't believe you kissed her man."

You see what I mean? That's the ninth time. I'm keeping count.

"What's the big deal anyway?" I ask, swallowing hard, before I go for another bite.

"The big deal is she's your employee! That's wrong. And I'm not being biased because I know about Mallory. I've talked to you about that one but you won't listen. The point is don't make the same mistake twice man. Besides, Jahzara isn't even your type. She's far from it. So again, I'm intrigued in knowing why you did it. Do you like her?" He probes, annoying the hell out of me.

I can handle the Trace that curses me out; but, not the 20-20 question, inquisitive little shit-head that's irritating me right now.

"Jesus Trace, I told you I don't know why I did it. It was just a mistake. We were playing around in the pool and it just fucking happened. Lay off my balls a little will you?!" I yell, standing from my seat and grabbing the empty bowl before I toss it into the sink. Tugging at my crumpled black shirt, I let out a heavy sigh.

He's silent for a few seconds before a light chortle escapes his lips. "You're in denial. I think you're attracted to her. I don't know how or why, but you are. You'll figure it out eventually." He laughs and I want nothing more than to slap that smirk off his face.

"Are you done drilling me?" I sneer, ready to leave the kitchen.

Tapping his nose with his index finger he shrugs. "Yeah...but I mean...you kissed her?"

"Fuck Trace!" I belt. "That's the tenth time you've asked me that! I swear you won't get a different answer no matter how many times you ask that question." I'm a little angry right now. I know what he's doing. He's trying to get a raise out of me. He's trying to prove some sick twisted point.

"Did you like it?"

Oh, hold up. I wasn't expecting that.

"W-w-what?" I stammer feeling a little on edge.

"Yes or no Justin. Did you like it?" He enquires again, eyeing me suspiciously.

"If I tell you yes, will you leave me alone?"

"Sure." He nods.

"Fine then, yes I liked it. I liked it a lot. Now if you'll excuse me..." I turn to leave but his last statement stops me dead in my tracks.

"Then why don't you just tell her how you feel and get it over with?"

Turning around to face my best friend, I contemplate on if I should even admit anything to him. I already know he won't let me live any of this down. He's just sitting there casually awaiting my response.

Staring at him with reticence, I sigh lightly. "Because Juan," I pause when I see his eyes light up from me calling him by his first name. "There is nothing to tell and there are no feelings there." And with that said, I walk out of the kitchen not staying to see his reaction.

 

 

It's now nearing midday and I'm a little worried that I haven't seen Zara exit her room yet for the day. Did she die in her sleep or something? I guess she's maybe drained? She did look like she had bags under her eyes last night from lack of sleep. Whatever it is, if I don't see any sign of life from her in the next five minutes I'm going up there.

I've been chilling out with Trace whole morning just watching television and occasionally playing video games. I don't get these laid back days too often so I'm taking full advantage of it. Tomorrow, we're going over to Johnny's and then the studio with Yolanda, so that basically is going to take up the entire day. Oh joy...well not really. I honestly need a vacation. I'll have to look into that, but for now, I'm good.

 

In the middle of a three pointer, I hear the front door to my house swing open before I'm met with heavy panting and breathing.

Pausing the basketball game Trace and I are playing I divert my attention to Yolanda and Jeremy. Eyeing them intently, I realize they're both drenched in sweat, clearly back from their long jog. Why is he even here? I don't really want him here right now.

"How was the first day of workout?" I ask Yolanda as I stand to approach them.

"It was good. Jeremy really went all out today. I think I'm just about ready to pass out." She giggles. "I'm going to head up to take a shower and change. I'll be back down later." She beams, before she leaves us alone, sprinting up the stairs.

Nodding, I turn to face Jeremy, stuffing my hands into my pockets. Why do I feel displeased by his presence? I mean he hasn't even said anything...

"So where's Jahzara?" Jeremy inquires looking at me intently.

Ok scratch that, he's very irritating and his voice is annoying. It has this really low groggy pitch. I feel terrible for any female who has sex with him and has to listen to that. What a way to kill the mood. But I really don't have an issue with the man. I mean, I don't understand why I want him to just leave already. Maybe I'm going through a phase.

"She's still sleeping?" I guess, I'm not really sure but I'm about to find out.

"What? She shouldn't be sleeping her life away like that. I'll go wake her..." He moves to get by me but I block his path.

"No! Let me, I mean...it's my house right? And she's my guest. I'll be right back." I note the frown on his face by my statement, but I don't wait for him to respond because I quickly turn to head up the stairs, but not before I smack Trace behind the head since he's snickering.

 

 

Taking the stairs by twos, I briskly walk down the hall until I reach Zara's room. Knocking lightly, I hear her voice filter through saying to ‘enter'.

Easing the door open, I shut my eyes just incase she's well...you know. "Is it safe to open my eyes? Everyone is decent in here?" I joke, hearing her giggle. It's a cute giggle too.

"You're safe." She laughs and I chuckle before I open my eyes. Shutting the door behind me, I walk further into the room. I realize she's fully dressed just sitting on her bed, looking through...an album?

"I thought you died. We haven't seen you whole morning. Aren't you hungry?" I inquire curiously, ambling towards her and carefully taking a sit on the bed next to her.

"No. I'm good I ate." She replies, focusing on the album she's holding rather tightly.

"What could you possibly eat in here?" I ask incredulously. Last time I checked, the kitchen was downstairs.

Shrugging, she grabs a large hand bag and pulls out a box of...something. Taking it from her grasp, I read it over furrowing my brows in thought. "Weight loss bars? What the fuck Z?" Crinkling my nose, I drop the box on the bed like it's swarming with diseases. "That's not healthy." I state, but she ignores me, her gaze fixated on what ever picture she's watching.

"It's cool. I only take them for breakfast. Sometimes dinner." She replies blankly.

"What? But, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Why would you do that to yourself?" Is she for real? I mean, she's not that big. Besides, why can't she lose weight the healthy way through diet and exercise? I could help her if she wanted me to you know. I can't believe this. And she's just sharing this information with me like it's no big deal.

Finally turning to look at me I stare into her hazel eyes noting the evident pain. I think there's something seriously wrong with her.

"It's cool Justin. I've been doing this for months now. I'm fine."

"But Zara..."

"It's ok, Justin!" She all but screams. "Drop it! If I had known you'd bitch about something so insignificant I'd not tell you." She snaps.

Insignificant? She's fucking with her health here and it's insignificant? Doesn't she love herself at all? What did she expect? She could get sick from this shit. But I guess it's not my place to freak about it. It's not like we're together as a couple or anything. I need to remember that she's just my employee. I've already crossed the line with her once. I don't want her to feel like I'm prying into her personal shit.

"Well, it could be worse. You could be on pills. That for sure is dangerous." I chortle, but she just raises her brows at me without responding. Oh fuck... "Zara?" I place my hands on her shoulder but she brushes me off.

"What do you want Justin?" She instantly changes the topic. If she thinks I'm going to let this go that easily she's wrong. But I'll entertain her ignorance right now.

"I told you. I came to see if you're ok." I reply. "Oh and Jeremy and Yolanda just got in a few minutes ago."

Her eyes light up at the mention of Jeremy and I try to suppress a groan. I don't know why. It sort of happened automatically.

"Oh he's here? I'm supposed to be leaving with him!" She beams, getting up and brushing off her jeans. Closing the album she was paging moment earlier, she drops it on the bed, and walks over to the dresser stuffing some items into her side bag before she grabs it. Did she say she's leaving with him? What the...

"What? You're leaving to go where?" I ask, standing from my seating position.

"He called me on my cell this morning. He asked me if I wanted to hang out with him for the day. You know, I'd get to see where he lives and then he's taking me out, but I'm not sure where just yet." She squeals with excitement.

"Oh." I choke out a little shocked. Well it's not like I didn't expect this. He's clearly interested in her but...well, whatever. "Well then, have fun." I try to sound enthusiastic but I fall short.

"I will! Jeremy is such a pleasant guy you know? I mean you've known him for a while now right?" She enquires, applying a light coat of gloss to her lips as she comes over to me. God, the way her lips are shining right now, I swear all I can think about is devouring them. Damn it. Shaking out my thoughts, I plaster a fake smile on my face.

"Yeah I've known him for a few years now. He really is a nice guy." What am I doing? Why am I making him out to be a great catch? I shouldn't be encouraging this. She's a PA now. Her life is going to be chaotic. She's new to this. That means all her attention needs to be on her new career. There really is no time for a romance with the personal trainer.

"I know. I can't wait to get to know him better you know? Maybe we could hang out some time and you could tell me what you know about him. You know, from another guy's point of view?" She's gushing as she stares at me with hopeful eyes. What have I gotten myself into?

"Uh, I don't know if that's such a good idea."

"Oh please Justin! It would mean a lot to me. You could, I don't know...help me out with this so I don't screw it up. I really like him and it's been a while since I've been in the relationship scene."

Ok, hold the fuck up. Has she forgotten what went down between us just two days prior? Well shit, I guess it really didn't mean anything to her ass. Plus, she just met Jeremy and already she wants a relationship with him? This woman moves like the speed of light. Damn! I really shouldn't be encouraging this, but the way she's looking at me, with those pleading puppy dog eyes is enough to make any man weak. I really don't understand the effect she has on me. It's driving me insane.

"I...I...guess I could give you some pointers." The moment those words leave my lips, I regret ever saying them. I really don't want to help Jeremy and Zara get laid. Especially as I'm having a hard time distinguishing my feelings towards her. This is very frustrating.

"Ah! I knew you weren't a complete asshole." She smiles, suddenly pulling me into a tight hug.

I'm not an asshole! What the fuck man. She's really getting on my last nerv...oh man, she smells good. Damn, her sent is intoxicating. She's gripping unto my neck tightly, still hugging me and all I can think of right now is how sweet she smells. It's some fruit I can't distinguish, but I like it. This isn't right. Inhaling sharply, I feel my eyes roll to the back of my head as I shut them tightly. Is it wrong if I never want this to end? Fuck, I...I can't do this. I really shouldn't. I mean, I...I'm at full alert at how her body is pressed up against mine right now. I can feel her firm breasts boring a hole into my chest. And her thighs, the way they rub so delicately against mine. I can feel a moan lodged in my throat but I refuse to release it. Shit and her neck is so close to my mouth right now. All I want to do is just flick out my tongue and take a taste. Just one, small taste...

Breaking our embrace, I'm grounded back to reality as I stare at her half-dazed. What was I saying before I lost all common sense? Oh yeah...I'm not an asshole. I'm practically helping her to hook up with another man. I think that's very noble. Folding my arms across my chest, she's smiling at me now. But, she has no idea what I'm thinking right now.

She has no idea that all I want to do is strip her down to her birthday suit and take her right there on the bed of my guest room. Fuck Jeremy and to hell with Trace and Yolanda. I just want her screaming my name. Begging me to go faster, harder, deeper. Shit, I just want to work her in the best possible way. I'd have those thick, juicy, chocolate legs up in the air and over my shoulders, while I pound into her mercilessly as our bodies are drenched with sweat...

"Fuck!" I groan as I place my hands over my face. I can't deal with this. I think I might be losing my mind here.

"Justin? Are you ok?" She asks, touching my arm, but I back away from her.

"Shit..." I mutter to myself. "Fuck!" I yell.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She inquires with a befuddle expression as she places her hands on her hips in attitude. Oh, those curves. How I wish I could run my hands over her curves memorizing every groove and outlining of her definition.

Shaking my head vigorously, I back up to the door swinging it open in the process. "I can't do this." I mumble and I see her frown in confusion.

"Do what? Are you bi-polar or schizophrenic? You're acting weird." She's searching my eyes for answers but I can't tell her what I'm thinking right now...or feeling for that matter because I don't understand it. So, I'm just going to ignore it until whatever this is goes away. I just need to be away from her...far away from her.

"Just, enjoy your day out. I'll tell Jeremy you'll be down in a minute." I step back into the hallway, still glaring at her realizing how pretty she looks in her dark skin tight jeans, and blue tank top that has the phrase ‘I'm a flirt' written across it in black graffiti print.

"Uh ok." She shrugs, dismissing my presence as she turns away from me, grabbing some more of her belongings.

Sprinting down the hallway, I jog down the stairs grabbing my car keys off the coffee table then head straight for the front door.

"Where are you going Justin?" Trace calls out to my retreating form.

"Just going to grab a few things. I'll be back." I lie. I just need to get out and clear my mind. Plus, I don't want Mike or Lonnie following me, so since they are no where in sight, this is my chance to make an escape. I'll deal with their bitching when they realize I'm gone later.

Stopping at my now open front door, I glance over to Jeremy who's sitting on my couch. He better not have my shit absorbing his sweat because that's disgusting. I have to sit there too you know.

"Zara will be down in a while." I tell him and he nods before I turn my back to them, exiting my house at warp speed.

Jumping into my hummer (yes I own a black hummer), I quickly zoom down my driveway and out of my estate with no particular destination in mind.

 

 

After driving for literally hours around LA, I've finally decided to make a stop at a nearby starbucks since one, I'm hungry, two, I need to piss badly and three, hummers eat up gasoline in no time.

Fixing my cap and sunglasses on my face, I burst through the front doors heading straight for the men's room. After I've relieved myself, I head into the line to buy a hot coffee or other. I'm not sure yet...still scanning the menu items.

Thinking deeply I've come to a conclusion. I need this tangled feeling of pure and utter perplexity due to an unrecognizable level of attraction I have towards Zara to leave my body and soon.

"Jay?" I hear a familiar voice call out to me but I don't turn around. Maybe I'm a little delusional.

"JT?" The person whispers this time and I can feel their body heat right behind me. Well thank god they didn't say my full name. I can't handle any attention right now. My bodyguards aren't here to protect me and as stupid as I am for ditching them, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Turning around, a large grin instantly adorns my face.

"Jess?" I whisper in a state of shock and awe.

"I knew I recognized that butt from somewhere." She giggles, causing me to chuckle in the process.

"Well wow, glad to see my ass is a trademark." I smirk.

"It is you know." She enforces and I just shake my head at her. That's Jessica for you.

"What are the odds?" I ask, still a bit stunned that I'm meeting my ex-girlfriend inside some random Starbucks here in LA.

"I don't know. Fate I guess." She states firmly and I realize she's dead serious.

"Yeah I guess. So, what's going on with you?"

"Oh, I'm just out here shooting part of a movie. The other half is going to be shot in New York. But hey, I thought you were in Florida." She clutches unto her starbucks cup and I'm almost betting she got a double mocha latte. It's her favorite.

"Yeah, but I'm out here with Yolanda, the newest artist signed to Tennman. We got her some studio time, promotional performances and interviews and she's going to be meeting up with Johnny." I state, darting my eyes around the café to make sure no one spots us. That would be a disaster. I should really get out of here.

"That's cool." She smiles at me and I'm only now realizing how much I've missed that smile. Why did I break up with her again? Oh yeah, the whole relationship thing just wasn't working out for me and it was at a critical time in my career. Oh well...

"It was nice seeing you again Justin. Hopefully, we'll bounce into each other again. I've really missed you." She admits with sorrow in her voice.

Eyeing her interestingly I shrug. She looks really beautiful in her cutup jeans and white baby-T. "Yeah, It was...nice seeing you too."

"You have my number so don't be a stranger ok? Give me a call some time. Maybe we can catch up while we're both here." She replies hopefully.

Not wanting this conversation to go any further I nod in response just as my turn in line comes around. "Well, this is me, so bye Jess. I'll see you around." I wave her off and she tells me bye as well, before she turns and heads out the exit, walking right out of my life again.

Sighing loudly, I quickly order a hot coffee and pull out a few bills handing them to the cashier and telling her to keep the change.

Exiting the café, I get into my ride and speed out of my parking spot, heading straight for home. I've had more than enough time to think and I've realized that maybe it's just a simple harmless physical attraction I have towards Zara. It's nothing to worry about or act on for that matter. It will go away eventually...it has to.

 

 

Making it home in record time, I drive unto the grounds of my estate, parking the hummer at the front of my house, before I exit the ride, leaving the now empty coffee cup behind.

It's late at night now, and I'm beginning to feel a little sleepy. Yawning loudly, I unlock my front door, stepping in to be greeted by Mike and Lonnie. Oh shit...here comes the eruption.

"Justin are you out of your little white mind?" Mike belts at me.

I should feel intimidated by their large exteriors but they're really soft at heart. Brushing him off I walk past them ignoring their rants.

"Next time you pull a stunt like that, we'll be calling Lynn to give her the bad news that we had to knock some sense into you killing you in the process." Lonnie grunts.

"That was lame man. I'm sorry. It won't happen again. I'm going to bed so goodnight." I wave to them, now running up my stairs though I can still hear them mumbling endless profanities. On my way down the hall, I bounce into Trace.

"You're back early." He voices sarcastically.

"Yeah, yeah midget...I'm heading to bed. I'll see you in the morning." I move past him, pulling off my sunglasses and cap.

"Ok, but don't disturb the two love birds." He laughs, smirking when I turn to glare at him oddly.

"What?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Jahzara and Jeremy. They got back a while ago. She asked for you, but I told her you weren't there. Anyway, I just passed by her room and heard them talking and laughing. They must be having some good ole fun in there. Well goodnight." He states, turning and walking away, not caring that my jaw is literally touching the floor right now.

"What the fuck?" I utter in bewilderment.

Ambling to my room, I halt my steps when I hear Zara squeal out a ‘Jeremy stop...behave!' before she busts into giggles.

I think I'm on the verge of throwing up.

What is he even doing at my house this late anyway? Shouldn't he be heading home? Have I stated that I don't want him here either? Because I don't.

 

 

Sucking in air, I walk to Zara's door, staring at it briefly, before I bang on it rapidly. They suddenly turn silent and I can hear footsteps before the door swings open.

"Justin hey! You just got back?" Zara smiles, but I have other things on my mind right now.

Glancing over her shoulder, I notice Jeremy standing from his rather comfortable position on her bed...well technically it's my bed.

"Uh yeah, listen, you two aren't going to be loud right? Because I really need my sleep." I snap.

I think Zara just turned five shades darker by my line of questioning. She's blushing. Normally I'd find that cute, but it's irking the hell out of me.

"Wh...what?" She stutters, pulling the door closer to her body so I can't see into the room.

"I said, if you two are going to go at it like two wild animals in the jungle, give me a heads up so I can sleep downstairs or something, because I need my rest. Besides, I'm really not in the mood to hear any of that." I try keeping a flat tone, but I'm a little scared by the fire that's shooting out of her eyes right now.

"You're being an asshole Justin." She whispers to me, fighting to keep her composure.

"No I'm not. I'm just asking kindly for a heads up. Don't anybody want to hear you two go at it." I chuckle, but she's not laughing. Ok, she's angry. I think her lips are twitching or maybe quivering.

"I knew you wouldn't change. You're still the same jerk of a boss." She sneers and I'm a little taken aback by her comment.

"Excuse me? I'm asking you politely for a simple warning if you and ‘gym boy' here decide to get rowdy and you're insulting me?" I slightly raise my voice as the rage begins to take over. I'm appalled.

"It's ok guys. There's no need for that I was just leaving." Jeremy appears at the back of Zara and she moves out of the way for him to exit. I guess he heard us, not that I'm complaining here. I'm glad he's leaving. Ignoring my presence, I watch as she apologizes for my lack of ‘respect', giving him a quick hug and kiss on the cheek, before he says ‘bye' to me walking away from us, down the steps and out my front door. Rolling my eyes since I didn't respond to his farewell, I turn back to face Zara receiving the hardest shove in the chest I've ever experienced from a woman. Fuck, she really does ‘workout'. That was powerful. In fact, I slam my back hard into the parallel wall.

"What the fuck was that Zara!?" I yell at the top of my lungs, gripping the back of my head in pain. Holy shit...what the fuck did I do now?

"That was for being the biggest asshole in the universe!" She screams back.

"What? I didn't do anything." I defend. I'm a little surprised no one is running to find out why we're yelling.

"Yes Justin! You did. You were being a jerk. You could have shown some decency and respect towards Jeremy." She snarls at me. I think her hair is on fire. Shit...

"Well excuse me for not wanting to hear you all grunting and panting in the act while I'm trying to get some sleep." I shoot back.

"What type of girl do you think I am? That was our first date Justin! Our first fucking date! I'm not about to spread my legs for a guy on the first date. If you even want to call it that."

Is it possible for a person of her color knuckles to turn white from clutching a door knob too tightly? Wow...

"Well that didn't stop you from having him in your room on the first date. Where's the logic in that Zara?" I retort arching one brow at her.

Taking in deep breaths, she steps back into the room still shooting me icy glares. "You're right. What the hell was I thinking, deciding to bring him in here on the first date because I wanted to show him my album and some other stuff I hold dear to my heart? Silly me, I should have just had him seat in the living room and bring them to him there. I guess I just had a little too much trust in him and myself that we could have a little privacy away from your bodyguards and Trace without anything happening."

I'm not sure how to take that statement. Is she being sarcastic? "Look Zara." I soften my tone when I see her eyes gloss over. Please don't cry. Although I don't think she will with me around.

"No Justin, you look. This conversation is over. Goodnight and I hope you get your good night's sleep." And just like that, she takes one step back slamming the door shut in my face. I cringe at the loudness of the impact.

Still glaring at the closed door, I'm trying to figure out what just happened. I know it's my fault, but I didn't intend on things escalating to this magnitude.

But you know what? This has to end. Why the fuck do I even care? She's just some lowly fucking employee. I really shouldn't fucking care. No matter how fucking attracted I am to her, or how sexy I think she looks when she's angry.

Stretching my limbs to crack my back from the impact of the way I collided with the wall earlier, I let out another yawn, forgetting about the previous incident. Ambling towards my room, I swing the door open, tossing my cap and sunglasses somewhere onto the floor before I kick off my shoes. If Zara wants to be a bitch, then that's her problem. I'm not going to sit around and tolerate it. I'm just going to let her do her thing while I concentrate on doing me.

Besides, I don't care about what just happened. It's completely at the back of my mind.

Yeah...

"What the fuck ever man." I hiss quietly, before I slam my door shut, turning in for the night.

 

****

Quote by: John Dewey



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story