Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm really stupid, I had the chapters in the wrong order so you actually read chapter 2 before chapter 1. Oops, lol, so to make up, here's chapter 3.
Three

Justin

Since last night's little debacle, I've felt really good. Not that kind of good, but you know, I don't feel all meloncholy and shit anymore. It's like a weight has been lifted off of me; I feel free again. Trace has also noticed my new demeanor and leans back in his chair, staring at me.

"What man?" I ask looking up from my computer.

"Nothing."

"What do you mean nothing? You've been staring at me all damn day."

"You look different, you look happy."

I shake my head and return my gaze back to my computer, "How was your date last night with Miss Kim?" He asks.

"It was okay. But she did tell me that you told her about Ashlynn."

He gets quiet as I glared over in his direction, "Come on man, I just-"

"No, it's okay."

He get's quiet again, "Umm, what?"

"I said it's okay. She needed to know if we're going to step this thing up."

That's right ladies and gents, I have decided that I'm going to give Kim a chance. Jacking off last night to someone other than Ashlynn has done a world of good for me and I realized that I shouldn't be obsessed with a relationship that is no more. It was a good relationship, yes, I loved her but she just wasn't all there. Ashlynn needed to get some help and we just weren't right for eachother. She's probably happy with some other guy now so why shouldn't I be happy as well? This relationship with Kim could be fun.

"What do you mean 'step this thing up'?"

I sigh, "I think I'm gonna make a move."

"On Kim?"

"No on your mom. Yes, on Kim."

Trace smiles and plants himself on the corner of my desk, "Fuck you man, leave my momma out of this. What's with the new frame of mind?"

"I've just been thinking you know? Ashlynn has been gone for a long ass time and she ain't coming back. Why should I dwell?"

Trace hits me on the back a few times, "Congrats man! I'm so fucking glad you are saying this shit. It's good to have you back."

"It's not like I was dead."

"Yes you were man. You should have seen yourself, that shit was depressing. But hey, let's not talk about that old asshole. Come on man, lets go get fucked up."

"Trace, it's 12:30 and we've got work to do."

"Afterwork then." He says.

"No."

He lets out a deep sigh, causing me to laugh at his goofy ass. I wonder why we've been friends for so damn long, "I've got plans." I say.

He smiles again, "Are you gonna hit that shit?"

I shake my head in disappointment but my smiles gives me away, "I knew it! I know you wanted to tap that ass since the first time you saw her. You wanted to be all shy about it and shit."

"We are not going to have sex, we're just going on a date Trace." The damn smile on my face keeps fucking up my argument.

"Okay man, whatever. Just tell me if she's a good fuck."

I scoff at his crass statement, "Tell me again why Elisha puts up with your stank ass?"

"The same reason you put up with my skank ass, because you love me."

He walks out the office, going only God knows where and I poke my head out to make sure that he's left. When I hear his engine roar to life, I run back into the office and lock the door behind me. I dial the know familiar number and smile when her voice fills my ears.

"Kim, it's Justin."

"Hi Justin, what's up?"

"I was wondering if you have any plans tonight?"

-----------***-----------

Ashlynn

"Come on Emma." I call to the little puppy as she jumps from my car.

I grab the rest of the grocery bags and walk up the front door. I go to place my key in the lock but the door has mysteriously unlocked itself. I look down at Emily and causiously open the door, trying not to make any noise. I peep around the corner into the living room and see a figure in my loveseat, head covered with a blanket. Two Gucci shoes are discarded on the floor next to the chair, the dead giveaway of the intruder.

"Olivia?"

She throws the blanket off of her head, allowing me to see her tear-stained face, "Where have you been?!"

"The grocery store, what is wrong with you? Shouldn't you be in Los Angeles at work?"

"I can't go back there."

"Why?" I say, setting down my groceries and sitting in front of her on the floor.

"I can't tell you."

"What did you do Olivia?"

She looks at Emma and tries to change the subject, "She's getting big."

"No she's not, what did you do?"

She looks away from me, "I've been sleeping with my married boss and she found out and is after me."

I stare at her in disbelief, "What? You've been sleeping with your boss? Olivia Sascha."

She groans, "Please be nice to me, okay? I know it was stupid-"

"Stupid! The is the worst thing you can do, is get involved with your boss. With your married boss."

"I know but his wife is crazy! Right after I got off of the phone with you yesterday, he came flying into my office and told me to leave before she got there. I was half way out the building when she came barrelling out of her car. She chased me half way down the street Ashlynn!"

A smile adorns my face but I quickly whisk it away, "Well it serves you right, you were sleeping with her husband."

"I just packed some shit and came here. You don't mind do you?"

I sigh, "No, I don't mind. Are you hungry, I was just about to make lunch."

She shakes her pityful head, groans again, and returns the blanket over her face. I shake my head as I head into the kitchen. How does she get herself into these situations? I mean, her boss? She's been sleeping with her married boss and the bitch didn't even tell me. Damn her, now I got to take care of her ass all week long. The door bell rings and Olivia nearly jumps ten feet in the air.

"It's that bitch! That woman followed me here!" She screams, running into the bathroom.

"You are insane." I yell back, walking towards the door.

I yank it open, expecting some derranged woman but to my suprise, it's my delivery man, "You again." I say.

"Me again, I have another package for you."

He hands me the package just as Olivia appears at my side. I glance at her and she shrugs, "I heard a male voice."

I chuckle some and start to sign for the package but something catches my eye, "Wait, this isn't for me."

"What?" He looks at the package and laughs, "Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I got a little mixed up. Sorry about that."

"Oh it's no problem." Olivia answers.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your afternoon." The mystery man says.

"You didn't interrupt anything, it's okay. You know, did you say your name?" Olivia asks.

"I'm Chirs, and you are?"

"Olivia and this is Ashlynn." Let the blushing begin.

We laughs again, a beautiful, low, manly laugh, "We've met. Well, see you two later."

Olivia and I reach up and wave in unison as he heads back to his truck. I look over at her and can see the gears grinding in her head already, "He did that on purpose."

"What are you talking about?"

"That whole, I think I got a little mixed up. He came here on purpose to see you."

I walk back into the house, "You've lost it."

"Why do you do this when someone get's interested in you? He's into you."

"Whatever."

She gives up and plops back on the couch, flipping on the tv to Tyra. Do you think he did that on purpose? Tell me the truth, do you think he wanted to see me again? No, what am I talking about, he's a delivery man, he probably get's addresses mixed up that time. Right? He is really cute though, huh? He's built like a man, you hear me? Thick arms, and that tight brown shirt wasn't hiding those chisled pecks. Oh damn, i haven't felt this way in... shit, a long ass time. I hope he stays my delivery man.

A few minutes later, after i've thrown the cold pizza into the oven, the door bell rings again. Look whose popular today. I walk through the living room with Olivia's eyes on me and open the door.

"Chris?"

"Yeah, hi." He smiles, "I'm sorry to keep bothering you but I lied to you earlier."

I avert my eyes to the side to try and comprehend what is going on, "Umm, okay?" I giggle nervously.

"I didn't get mixed up, I wanted to see you again." My breath catches in my throat as the words leave his mouth, "I lost my nerve when you opened the door."

I look back behind me and see Olivia damn near breaking her neck to see what's going on from the couch so I step outside and shut the door behind me, "Have I freaked you out?" He asks.

I shake my head, "No, not at all. Did you want to ask me something?" Please ask me out, please ask me out!

"I actually uh, wanted to see if you were busy this weekend but you have your friend here and all so-"

"No!" I shout and then compose myself, "I mean, she won't mind if i'm gone for a few hours. I'm not busy."

He lights up and shows me that toothy grin again, "Great um, how about dinner Friday night?"

I smile back, "That sounds great, what time?"

"Oh right, uh... seven?"

"That's great. So, i'll see you then?" I laugh again nervously.

"Yeah, great, so uh... yeah. I'll see you Friday at seven."

He begins to walk away and I start to walk back into the house but I remember something and call back after him, "Wait! Chris." He turns back to me, "Do you want my number?"

He looks down at his shoes and rubs his shaved him, "I can't believe I'm so nervous. Yes, I would love to have your number."

I jogg over to him and grab his pen from his clipboard. I grab his hand and scribble down my number and tuck the pen into his shirt pocket, "Don't loose it." I say.

He smiles for the millionth time, "Don't worry, I won't."

I watch him leave and skip back to the house. I don't think i've ever been that straight-forward in a long ass time. That felt really good to be that... direct. I walk back into the house and I'm met by a five-foot-six blonde bombshell.

"I knew it! What did I tell you? Did he ask you out?" I shake my head yes and she squeels, "I knew it! What, where, when?"

"Dinner, Friday, don't know."

"We're going shopping, get your purse bitch!"

"Wait, I already have cute stuff to wear."

"Who cares? Any reason is a good reason to go shopping."

The wench has a point.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story