Author's Chapter Notes:
so after a long ass hiatus, here is chapter 5. updates on this one should be more frequent, thanks for sticking with me :)
Five

Ashlynn

I know what you are thinking, you're thinking where in the hell have you been these last few months. I've been having great sex these last few months, that's where I've been. But before I get into that, let's start at the beginning. I got the job at Creative, yay, and I love it. I have so much freedom and I can make anything look that way that I want it to look. Talk about a power trip, huh. I can design magazine layouts, commercials, ads, logos... whatever is brought to my desk. But if I don't feel like doing anything, I have a staff of twenty, count 'em, twenty artists that will do it for me, all I have to do is say yes or no, that's not right. I can make my own hours, work at home most of the week, whatever. I can do, whatever. And whatever, is exactly what I want to do.

Moving on, I have a boyfriend, Yeah, that's what I said, I have a boyfriend. Yeppers, Chris is my bf. That first date was amazing, we clicked so well it was almost weird. From there, everything took off and all of that doubt I had is gone. G.O.N.E. Every last bit of it. I no longer doubt myself and think that I'm not ready for anything. I can take anything in this world on and Chris is the one who taught me that. He makes me feel so damn good, you know what good means don't you ladies. I feel good in my skin and this is exactly where I wanted to be in life. And, the sex is great, pure and simple. I'm not a ho, I made his ass wait for a few months but once it was on, it was on. So yeah, that's my boyfriend.

Oh and he is a hopeless romantic, he's planned this little vacation thing a few miles up the road for this weekend. I think it's called Long Beach Villa's or something, I don't know exactly but it's these cute little villas on the beach. The place caters to couples and everything so Olivia and her new beau, Braxton are coming along. Chris had to take two weeks off from work but it's going to be worth it, this place is so great. We are going to have so much fun and I can barely wait until tomorrow when we leave. Olivia and Braxton are driving up tonight and then we're all gonna hang out and then leave tomorrow around four.

Later that night, while I'm walking in between my closet and my suitcase, Chris flips through an old photo album of Olivia and I from a like a year ago or something.

"Is that him?"

"Who honey?"

"Well if you'd slow down and come over here, you'd know who I'm pointing to."

I stop and walk over to him, letting him loop an arm around my waist. His finger is pointed the white guy standing next me, shit, I forgot about the end of the photo album, "Uh, yeah, that's Justin." God, I haven't thought about him in a long time.

"So that's the guy huh?"

"That's him."

"He looks scrawny."

I laugh a little, "Okay."

"I didn't mean to say that." I look at him, "Whatever, I can't believe he hit you."

"He didn't... He didn't hit me, he moved back and my face was too close to his knee. It wasn't intentional or anything."

"Still, from what you've told me, I don't like him."

"You don't even know him."

"That doesn't matter, I don't like how he treated you after that psycho came after you guys. I mean, yeah, that's gotta be stressful and all but shit, you saved his life."

"Chris, I really don't want to get into this okay? That's in the past, I haven't seen him in.. forever. It doesn't matter now." I say, returning to the closet.

"So you don't have any type of feelings for him anymore?"

I don't even have to think about the answer to that question anymore, "No."

"Good," He says getting up from the bed and grabbing me by the waist and kissing my cheek, "Now I don't have to beat his ass if I ever see him."

"Oh please," I say laughing, "What in the hell makes you think we are ever going to see him? He lives in Los Angeles and that's like four hours from here."

"What, a man can't travel?"

"Justin hates it up here, we drove up here one weekend and he couldn't wait to get back home."

"Well I'm just saying, I'm gonna have to whoop him if he comes near you thinking that he can get you back."

I laugh again, "That'll never happen."

A little while later, Olivia and Braxton arrived and the rest of the night was lost in laughter and stories. The next morning, I went off to work while Chris entertained Olivia and Braxton for a few hours. I came home around three, we packed up all the bags in the cars, grabbed Emma started off on the thirty minute drive to the Long Beach Villa's. We checked in and were escorted to the villa which is amazing, by the way, and started unpacking all of our things.

"I didn't think it was going to be this beautiful out here." Chris says.

"I know, and I freaking live on the beach and I'm breathless."

"I think we should try that little Italian place that we passed, there's a nice breeze going."

I kissed him softly, "That sounds great."

"Should we try and sneak out."

I laugh, "They would notice."

"No they wouldn't, if we're real quiet about it we can get out before they even notice."

"You don't know Olivia very well. She's a freaking hound, she'd be able to smell it when we leave. I bet you she's on her way over here right-."

"Are you guys settled in? We wanna try that little Italian place that we passed that's like ten minutes from here. You know, the one with the tables outside?"

Chris and I look at each other and bust out laughing, "What are you laughing at?" She asks.

"Nothing girl. We're ready, let's go."

"I just gotta get my purse."

Chris walks into the other side of the villa with Braxton and Olivia pokes me in the side, "What were you guys laughing at?"

"Nothing, just chill."

"Whatever ho, you were laughing at something involving me."

"Oh shut up, let's go."

-----------***-----------

After a great dinner, the four of us decided to take a walk along the beach. Chris and I hold hands and linger a little behind Olivia and Braxton, who are talking quietly amongst themselves.

"I think this is the first time that I have ever seen Olivia being semi-quiet in like eight years."

"You know what, I totally believe you."

We share another laugh when the wind carries a loud laugh across my ears. Olivia must hear it too because she turns around and looks at me, "Did you hear that?" She asks.

"Yeah."

"What, what did you hear?" Braxton asks looking between the two of us.

"Oh just somebody laughing. It sounds a lot like somebody we used to know." We start walking again, and again, the voice is carried our way.

"Wow, that guy sounds exactly like Trace, doesn't it Liv?"

"Sure does."

"Who's Trace?" Chris asks.

I shake my head, "Nobody."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story