Story Notes:

OKKAY so its 3:10 in the morning ANDDD im completely bored and got a lightbulb of inspiration over my head soo yes im adding another story but all you "when worlds collide" fans, worry not! i shall update them BOTH..i kinda gave up on the other one hahaha. thanks for being so awesome!!!

 

oh& this story is as if nsync was still together!! <3

Hi. My name is Lily Adams. I'm your typical eighteen year old. I like hanging with my friends, I go to schoo, I work. The usual you know? I gew up in southern Tennessee. I love it here. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Growing up in a small town like I did, was probably the best thing for me. I've never been a city girl anyway.

One thing I like about living her in Shelby Forest is the closeness the community has. Another thing I love, is my best friend is from here. His name is Justin Timberlake. Yes, the Justin Timberlake. I've known him all my life. Our parents were friends growing up so it only seemed natural we would do the same. Even though Justin is 8 years older then me he never treated me like a little kid, he's been like the big brother I never had.

Growing up, he always included me in their games. I was more like one of the boys, always willing to play football or basketball, just so I could feel included. As I got older, I went into more of my girly phases but was still one of the boys. When Justin was 14 he joined a Disney show called "The Mickey Mouse Club." Seeing my "big brother" on televistion every day was the coolest thing in the world, especially for a 6 year old. As I got older, It was easier for Justin and I to hang out like friends.

 I always knew Justin was talented. I saw it right from the start. He would always sing in church and school plays and had the best voice that any of us had heard. It wasn't just his voice that captured so much attention. It was the whole package. He was a fun loving, goofy guy with incredible talent. When he and five other boys got signed to a major record label, was the most exciting day in the small town of Shelby Forest. I remember Justin swinging me in circles when they found out they had been sighed. I was so proud, but sad at the same time. I didn't want to lose him.

I remember when I was 8 years old when Justin was 16 and the fame with NSYNC was starting to grow. I realized that I wouldn't be able to see him as often and it broke my heart. I didn't want to lose my best friend. I feared that once he grew famous he wouldn't want to speak to me again.

"Lilly Pad don't cry." Justin said gently calling me by the nickname he gave to me when I was 5. "I promise I'll call all the time. It'll be like I never left okay?" he said kissing my forehead.

"You promise Justy?" I asked him.

"I promise dollface." he said gently pushing me off his lap.

I smiled. "Okay. But you better call me buster I mean it!" I said shaking my finger at him with a smile.

That day Justin left and before any of us knew it, they had hit world wide fame. I was so proud of him. My best friend was a rockstar. Justin kept his promise, like had said. He called all the time in the beginning, but slowly those calls became less and less. Deep down I understood it was because they were busy, but it still hurt.

Justin had flown me down a few times when they were touring and I quickly became close to the other guys as well. I had gained 4 extra brothers. They were all great guys and I felt lucky to have them.

 There were some downfalls though, when I entered high school and people figured out my connections, they either tried to use me to get to the boys or were bitchy and rude. I've been able to find a true few friends, but I don't trust anyone else.

Now here I am at 18, my senior year in highschool. NSYNC is at the peek of their fame, and Mr. Rockstar hasn't called me in what seems like forever. I don't want to seem like a loser and call him twice a day, so I sit by my phone hoping to hear from him.

Finally giving up, I make my way into the kitchen. AS I rummaged through the fridge I hear my cell phone. Curious as to whose calling, I truge back up stairs. Seeing Justin's face on my phone I let out a squeal and answered.

"Justy!" I screamed into the phone. "About time you called jerkface."

"Nice to talk to you too Lily Pad." he chuckles on the other line.

"I'm surprised you still remember me." I answer sarcastically. He knew I was annoyed with him.

"I know, I know! But Lil, it's not my fault they have us running around 24/7 I barely have time to sleep."

I sighed. "I know. I just miss you. All of you."

"We miss you too." he says with a sigh. "How's school?"

"Ugh don't ask. Stupid shit. I don't really want to talk about it."

"Lily are you okay?" he asked in a concerned voice.

I appriciate his worry but didn't want to go into my whole drama filled life, he didn't need to know it.

"It's nothing really. How are the guys?" I asked, laying on my bed streched out.

"They are good. They say hi."

"When are you coming home Justy?" I asked, a hint of a sadness in my voice.

Before he can answer I hear the dorbell ring. Groaning I wait to hear if anyone will answer. When it rings again I drag myself of the bed and down the stairs.

"Hang on Just, someone is at the door. Let me just get rid of them."

Swinging the door open I see Justin infront of me, cell phone in hand with a grin on his face.

"Fine then I'll just leave." He laughs shutting his phone off.

"JUSTIN!" I squeal jumping in his arms, my phone falling to the floor completely forgotten.

"Oh!" Justin groans at the impact. "I'm guessing you missed me?" he jokes.

"You lied to me jerkface!" I said letting go of him and smacking him in the arm.

"Is that anyway to treat your best friend who flew all the way here to see you?" he said giving his best pout.

"Nice try Timberlake, that pout may work on those teenie boppers, but it aint working on me." I answer turning to smirk at him, to recieve a frown.

"You are no fun." he said throwing himself on the couch.

I stand there, my arms crossed looking amused at him. "Comfortable?"

"Mmm. Very. Come lay with me." he said opening his arms for me to lay.

Without hesitation I crawl into his arms, feeling his warmth, and a sense of comfort washes over me.

"I'm glad your here." I finally say after a moment.

"Me too kiddo. Unfortunately you only have me for one night." he said looking down at me with sad eyes.

"Man this sucks. Why did you go and have to be famous?" I asked with a fake pout.

"Sorry Lily, I'll try to not let it happen again." he answered with a sigh, catching onto my game.

"That's all I ask." I said letting out a giggle as I snuggle closer into his arms.

Most people would kill to be in the position I am right now, but honestly I thought nothing of it. Ever since I was a little girl and I was frightened by anything Justin was right there to hold me in his arms and make everything better. Being in his arms was my comfort zone and were I was happiest. I could easily stay like this forever.

As I got older and got into those teenager "crush" modes, I started to realize how attractive Justin was. But I couldn't think about him that way. He was my big brother, my best friend. It would be wrong. Wouldn't it? Even if I admitted I liked him, it's not like it would make a difference. We were 8 years apart and he had a beautiful actress girlfriend.

There isn't any reason he would see himself with his little sister/ best friend as anything more than that. Now, looking up at him as we snuggled on the couch those feelings began to come back. He really was gorgeous. But he was more than that to me. He was my everything. He's been there for me through it all, and I loved him. We have always said "I love you" at the end of our conversations, but to say to higm that I'm in love with him? I can't do that. I can't ruin the best thing that has ever happened to me.

"I really am glad your home Justin." I speak up after a few moments of silence.

Feeling Justin's lips make contact with my forehead, sends shivers down my body. Lily stop it! I tell myself.

Justin smiles down at me, "Me too, Lily Pad."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story