She had said I would see her tomorrow, but that was about three days ago and now it was almost five on a Saturday afternoon and I was in the backroom pulling a box of furniture out for a costumer when I heard, “Furniture to register 4 for guest carry out.” Come over the speakers.

Pulling then box out I pushed it towards the doors of the back wall towards the store’s floor room putting it on a dolly I wheeled it out and was about to start to write up the customers receipt to the piece when Walter the supervisor for the department told me to go take the call up front while he took care of this.

Nodding I went up front and heard the announcement again, looking towards that register I felt my eyebrows meet in confusion, it was Michelle she was checking people and as she got through her line and there was a slow period I saw her take her neck length hair up into a pony tail with her hand and then shake it out as she rolled her eyes, she didn’t seem in the best mood.

“Hey you needed a carry out,” I asked and I saw her smile a minute.

“Hey Jason, yea that group right there,” she said and pointed towards the front where a family was waiting with a box that I hadn’t seen being brought up.

I went out with them and helped them carry the box and put into their car, hearing them say thank you was somehow strange to me.

Walking back inside I saw Michelle get done with her guest and then looked around for a second and started to head to the back, I followed her and watched as she went the restroom with a shrug I went back towards the desk and picked up the cards that went to the different pieces on the floor and placed them back into their pockets on the pieces where they belonged. Making sure that the bedding on the beds and stuff was straightened as Michelle had told me. I then and went to get a drink it was then as I stood up to whip my face on the back of my hand that Michelle came out of the bathroom which was to the left of the drinking fountain.

“Hey,” she smiled.

“You said you’d see me Thursday and I haven’t seen you since Wednesday,” I stated.

“Oh,” she looked at me confused for a second, and it was that I realized that I was being clingy and emotional; I don’t know what I was thinking.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean it that way but,” I didn’t know what I was suppose to say and I shook my head, but looked at her as she started to laugh at me.

“Don’t worry about it, hey when you off,” she questioned.

“In thirty minutes,” I said looking at my watch.

“Well I’m off in an hour, do you want to meet up at the IN and OUT across the street at like seven,” she questioned.

“I guess,” I said with a shrug but I was smiling inside, she was asking me out.

“Oh by the way this isn’t me asking you out, this is lets go have dinner, as new friends,” Michelle said as she walked past me and hit my shoulder with a tap of her knuckles and again I watched her ass as she walked away but this time she looked around and caught me.

But all she did was get big eyes but then smirk at me, and when she turned around she wiggled it back and forth as she got a little further away making me laugh, that girl was something else I thought, as I saw her giggle inside as she looked at me one more time as she got into her register and I was still standing there looking at her.

--

I don’t know what it was but Jason was a cool guy, I had a fun time when I was around him, and he made my job not as boring.

Doing cashier wasn’t my favorite part of this job but the time seemed to go by faster as I knew Jason and I would be hanging out later. I would never tell him thought that the something else that put him off from Justin Timberlake look alike he had going on was his eyebrows, they were too thin to be anything but Jason’s.

I smiled to myself as I saw Jason clock out and waved at me that he’d see me later and headed out.

The thirty minutes after that seemed to fly by and then with a giggle I clocked out myself and headed home. Entering my apartment that was only about  five minutes away I than pressed my back up against the door with a sigh, “Shit,” I whispered as I realized what I was feeling, I can’t not yet.

You see I had this plan, I made it when I was fifteen, I would finish high school with at least a B average and then I would move out and buy my own apartment, than I would work my way to an A.A. for Music and, well I hadn’t yet figured that part out but I was only in my second year of school so I figured I had enough time to decide that later.  It was after school and graduation and being in my career that I planned on feeling these things I started to feel right now.

Turning the TV on I went to my room and changed out of my work clothes and into a pair of jeans and a yellow tank top. I went the bathroom and washing my face I patted it dry, taking my hair out its pony tail and brushed it out placing some mousse in it and spraying some body spray, than brushed my teeth and smiled.

I had about an hour before I had to go and meet Justin and I needed to do some school work and study for a test so grabbing my back pack from the floor by my door and brought it out and walking out to the living room I sat on the floor in front of the coffee table and used the couch as a backrest about to open my bag I heard something that made me look up.

“It’s been about a week since his disappearance and no one not even is closest friends know where he has gone, Justin Timberlake was suppose to start up in the studio for his third solo album when about a week ago he was seen driving down the 405 but has yet to reappear on media’s radar and even his friends.”

It was then that they showed Trace with Rachel Justin’s cousin,” We haven’t heard anything from him, his mom is scared and we just want him to be alright,” Trace said and Rachel nodded as they then headed off camera.

 

I watched in my mouth opened in shock, well than who would have thought I asked myself and than I thought about how Jason showed up at the same time, nah couldn’t be I said to myself and then muting the TV as it went to Paris Hiltons newest music news, who knew she would be up in the ratings with Britney and Justin himself that day.

About forty five minutes later I put on some flip flops grabbed a bag and shoved my wallet and phone and keys in it and picking my jacket off the kitchen chair I pulled it on and headed out the door and locked it behind me.

Pulling out of my parking spot, what goes around comes around came on and I remembered the report I heard earlier as the song ended about his disappearance.

“I hope he is ok,” I said as another song came on and I turned a corner and headed up to the In and Out.

--

I saw her pull up and step out of her car, she placed her keys in her back pocket hooking them on her jeans belt loop- like she always did at work, she said it was so she didn’t lose them in her purse.

She smiled and gave a wave with a hey that I didn’t hear as she was too far away but I read it from her lips and I smiled back standing up from the patio seating outside the In and Out and as she came to him she gave me a hug.

She smelled of raspberries and vanilla and mint and as I breathed in her scent and hugged her back, I felt something I hadn’t felt in the past ten years, I felt like myself.

“So how bout a double double with a chocolate shake,” she asked and smiled.

“Sounds good,” I smiled and grabbed her wrist and led her inside.

“Let’s get our grub on,” I said making my voice deep as I held the door open.

“You're crazy,” she laughed and it was music too my ears.

“You love it,” I said as we walked to the front and looked at the menu and then getting behind her I placed my hands on her hips and pushed it side by side.

“Go order,” I told her after a minute.

“I haven’t decided,” Michelle said.

“But you said,” I stated and saw her smile at me.

I only shook my head and placed it on her shoulder, “get up there,” I said and pushed her hips and walking behind her.

“How can I help you,” the lady behind the counter said.

“I’ll get a double double with cheese, and a chocolate shake,” She stated and then looked back at me as I came to her side but kept my arm around her waist.

“I’ll have the same but make mine a vanilla shake,” I stated and nodding she rang up our order and Michelle got a twenty out to pay but I stopped her, “I got it,” I said but she shook her head and handed the lady the twenty.

Taking her change I looked at her as she placed it in her pocket.

“What I offered,” she said like it was simple and I guess it was I just wasn’t use to it.

Picking up our order we went back to the outside patio I had been sitting at and sat down with our food and started to eat. We didn’t really talk about anything till a car went by and was playing FutureSex/LoveSounds with the bass turned up as loud as possible.

“Did you know your twin went into hiding,” she said making jump forgetting she was there for second.

“My Twin,” I asked.

Michelle smiled at me.

“Your look alike, you know the Timberlake,” she said and I laughed at what she called me, or rather the me on my birth certificate, I was Jason Sharp at the moment.

“Really, where you hear this,” I asked.

“My TV after work, they showed I think the guy’s name was Trace and some dark haired chick, saying how they were worried and that Justin’s mom was scared, but they just wanted to know that he was alright,” she said and inside I cursed myself.

I didn’t think of my mom the moment I ran out that day.

“I wonder where he really is,” she said more to herself.

“Staring at your face, and shitting himself for thinking of himself for once,” I said to myself as I took a fry and dipped it repeatedly in the pool of ketchup on my plate.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story