To say I was surprised by Jason’s actions was an understatement I had gone out with my furniture order and helped the person out coming back to see him still in the back only now he was sitting in one of the bays with his hands on his head.

“Jason,” I asked making him jump.

“Michelle look I’m sorry for that I just; ok I cant do this anymore,” he said and pulled his wallet out and handed it to me.

“What,” I said taking the wallet from his hands not sure what he wanted.

“Look at my id,” he said.

Unfolding his wallet I stared at the picture that stared back at me, no longer was his hair dark and no longer where his eyes brown, and no longer were his eyebrows waxed, staring at me in the face as I read the information was none other than Justin Timberlake.

“What the hell,” I said looking away from the wallet to him and watched as he pulled the brown contacts out of his eyes and his blue eyes shown through, it was than he pulled up the sleeve of his work shirt to show his cross tattoo on his arm.

“I cant go out there, Trace is out there,” he said.

“Your best friend,” I asked remembering seeing one of his clothing line fashion shows in a magazine with Trace by his side and the one report since he had gone missing with Rachel by his side.

Jason, or should I say Justin nodded.

“Why, what I don’t know what I should say,” I said than touched my lips.

“Look I’m sorry I couldn’t think I didn’t want to tell you I was,” he started to say.

“You where afraid I was gonna blow your cover,” I asked.

“Yeah, I mean have you ever had enough where you couldn’t breath where you,” He said running his hands through his hair and as he moved his fingers through I could see the roots start to show.

“That’s usually when I take a vacation,” I said softly and he looked up at me.

“I’ve never had that luxury,” he stated and when I went to say something he held his hand up.

“I know I know, I can go wherever I want whenever I want, but you know its not the same when you come back or heck go to the grocery store while your away and see what you did last night on the cover of a magazine,” he said and I shrugged he did have a point there.

“But why here why this,” I asked and he shrugged his shoulders.

“I just picked something, most of the money is going to charity anyways,” he stated.

“And that makes it alright, that makes us alright,” I asked moving my hands around and flipping his wallet around.

“Michelle, I didn’t expect us honestly,” he said and took his wallet when I handed it to him and moved over when I sat next to him.

“I trusted you,” I said and he looked at me for a second with big eyes.

“You only knew my name was Jason Sharp and that I worked here,” He said.

I though for a moment and shook my head, “Jason Sharp was that the best could come up with,” I questioned.

He looked at me confused.

“A movie you did for Disney ring any bells,” I asked making him smiled as he remembered.

“No wonder why it sounded familiar,” he said and I pushed him.

“Where gonna be ok,” he asked and I shrugged.

“I cant say for sure Justin I really can’t I started to have feelings for you as someone else and know I’m not sure what they are,” I told him playing with my finger nails.

“Right, I guess I should go face Trace if he’s still here,” He told me but before he got up he looked at me and said, “Ever since that first time we hung out whenever you called me Jason it hurt, and I felt wrong for trying to keep the relationship going, and I just want to say it felt good when you called me Justin.”

I smiled and that was all I did as he waved and I turned my hand and waved back watching him first put the contacts back in his eyes and his wallet his back pocket.

“I need them to see,” he said as he looked at me one last time as he walked out of the stock room to face his fate.

--

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that Michelle didn’t know where we stood, she took it better than I ever would have. Walking up front I saw Trace sitting at the furniture desk standing up when he saw me walking towards him.

“Justin,” he whispered.

I nodded and pulled him with me towards the break room.

Making sure no one was in there I pulled him inside and sat down and watched him sit next to me and just stare.

“What did you do go to every store till you found me,” I asked and he shook his head.

“I was driving around and I spotted your car, and since I know the license plate,” Trace said and I smiled.

“No brainier there,” I laughed but looked when he didn’t smile or laugh.

“Trace I’m honestly sorry man, I just don’t get me wrong I love my life but the constant want the constant need of being “Justin Timberlake,” I said quoting my name yea I’m a nerd get over it.

“It got to me,” I added with a sigh and Trace scratched at his head under his cap before he looked at me.

“Dude I understand that, but next time just let me know before acting like your gonna go off yourself,” He said pulling me in for a brotherly hug.

“Thanks,” I smiled pulling away when the door opened and I saw Michelle step in and stop.

“Michelle wait,” I said and stood up and introduced them.

She was nice and polite but the moment it was quiet she went to leave so I asked Trace if he could leave us alone for a second.

“Do you not want to be around me anymore,” I asked.

“I don’t know what I want anymore,” She said looking at me.

“I still care for you and I’m still sorry,” I said and she smiled at me placing her hand to my cheek.

“I know, and I forgive you its just I need sometime to think things through,” Michelle said and when she went to pull her hand away I held it there.

“Would I be out of line to say I think I’m falling,” I whispered.

She closed her eyes and nodded softly, “Sorry,” she said finally pulling her hand away.

“Don’t be, I placed myself in the situation not you, now I have to deal with it,” I said pulling her in for a quick hug before I headed out of the break room.

I waved a Trace and when he asked me about Michelle and I told him to just leave it alone for now as I made my way to the office, it was time I felt to get back to being me, and well more so than not give Michelle her chance to breath. With or without me as the case may be.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story