Justin had been home all week and so had I but we never really said anything in regards to our feelings at least not that well we loved each other in that regard. We hung out with his family and went to lunch and to the creek yesterday.

I guess you pretty much could say that we got to know each other again as Justin and instead of well we all know how that was and it was in the past now no need to dwell on it.

It was about midnight and the house was quiet as I made my way down stairs and went to go to the kitchen when I ran into something making me curse and groan in pain my big toe being hit by something.

“You ok,” I heard making me jump but the moment he let out a chuckle I knew who it was.

“Justin what are you doing down here,” I asked him.

“I was just getting a midnight snack,” he said opening the fridge to show that he had a banana in his hand.

“How bout you come over to the island before I close this, we don’t want you to break a foot now,” he smiled.

“Shut up,” I said with a glare but not really being to serious about the matter as I made my way to sit down on at the table, instead of the island.

“You want anything while I’m up,” he questioned making me look over at him.

“Water,” I said.

“Coming up,” he said making me smirk as felt my eyes finally adjust to the different lighting in the kitchen and the darkness that had come over once he close the fridge and I started making patterns with my fingers on the table.

“Water,” he said placing it down in front of me.

“Thanks,” I said softly not looking up either.

“Was there a reason besides thirst that brought you down here,” Justin asked.

“I couldn’t really sleep,” I said looking up at him and watching is reaction than grabbing the bottle I unscrewed the cap and took a drink as I watched him place the peel on the table and swallowed what he was eating.

“Any particular reason,” he questioned.

Looking up at him I shrugged, “Not really,” I said.

“Why you still up,” I asked him.

“I’m waiting on Trace,” Justin said.

“Your what, why,” I questioned.

“He, um,” Justin started to say till he heard the door open up.

“Trace that you,” Justin said getting up from the table quickly as he threw his banana peel away and I watched him and looked at him funny.

“Yeah, why,” Trace asked as he put his jacket in the closet.

“I just,” Justin looked back and looked at me quickly and than I saw him look at Trace and whisper something in his ear.

I saw Trace nod but when Justin said something he laughed and shook his head.

“Just go to bed Justin,” Trace said walking towards the kitchen and grabbed a water of his own out.

Justin looked at us than at the stairs than at me for a moment before he growled and ran his throw his hair before he hopped up the steps.

“What the heck,” I said and looked over at Trace as he laughed.

“Seriously, he said he was waiting up for you,” I said and Trace shook his head and laughed.

“He was trying to get the nerve,” he said.

“The nerve,” I asked him.

“That’s all I can say, lets just say it involves you and him,” Trace said.

“Trace,” I said and he just laughed and walked towards the stairs waving goodnight.

Rolling my eyes I chugged down the rest of my water out of boredom before got up to throw the bottle away and headed towards the stairs.

As I got closer to my room I saw the light under his door flickering making it seem like maybe he was watching the TV.

I stopped at my door and kept looking at his.

“Just tell him already this is ridiculous,” I heard Trace say before he closed his door.

I sighed as I walked over to the door and stopped at it before I softly knocked on it.

--

“Its open,” I heard said hearing a knock on my door.

Opening the door Michelle stood there and watched me watch her for a second before I waved my hand.

“C’mere,” I said and patted my hand to the empty side of the bed.

She sat down on it but didn’t really turn to face me.

“Did you need something, or want something,” I questioned muting the TV and turning towards her.

Michelle shook her head still not turning around.

“Shell,” I questioned placing my hand on her shoulder.

“I lied,” she mumbled finally turning just her head to look at me.

“About what,” I questioned and she turned her body towards me.

“There was a reason why I was up,” She said

“That was,” I asked.

“There is something I wanted to tell you,” She said.

“Ok,” I nodded.

“Justin, This might sound weird but I couldn’t sleep because I thought of something my mom read from Dr. Seuss once,” She explained and I had to smile because I knew exactly what she meant knowing the saying myself and I said it allowed before she had a chance.

“You know you’re in love when you cant fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams.” I asked making her mouth hang open and than she nodded.

“Do you agree with the Doctor,” Michelle asked me.

“More than I believed in any dream,” I told her and saw her smile at me.

I watched her for a second before I brought my hand up to her cheek.

“I love you Michelle,” I told her.

“I love you too Justin,” She said and I smiled against her lips as I pressed my lips to hers.

She pulled back and looked at me, “No more playing Houdini as someone else,” she asked making me chuckle.

“I have no were else I’d rather be,” was all I said as I pulled her towards me and kissed her and she kissed me.


Completed
wittylyricst27 is the author of 18 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked The Dissaperaing Act also liked 255 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story