Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading and reviewing :)
When my alarms went off the next morning I heard Justin scream and he literally jumped out of bed and threw his clothes on, “What the hell is that? Get up Gi”

“Calm down, it’s just the alarm” I said as I stretched my arms over my head and then did my best to get dressed under the covers. That is quite difficult, I’ve never had to do it before.

“Just the alarm? That’s your alarm?” he asked with a chuckle as I turned them off, “I thought it was a fucking nuclear attack”

“Sorry, I’m a heavy sleeper”

“I get that. I’m not though, I would have woke you up after one alarm went off”

“Yeah but I didn’t know you’d be here and I didn’t want to chance it. This is a big deal Snuckums”

“It sure is,” he laughed as he watched me struggling to get changed under the covers, “I’ll turn around”

As soon as he turned around I jumped out from under the covers and quickly got changed. He thinks I’m crazy, I’m sure of it. I am a little crazy, but he probably thinks I’m like insane, “OK, you can turn around”

He turned around and smiled, “Are you ready for this?”

I nodded my head, “As much as I can be I guess”

“Don’t be nervous,” he said as he put his arms on my shoulders, “Just be yourself and you’ll be fine”

I nodded my head; I sure hope I’ll be fine. I also hope I don’t have a panic attack, “I wish you could come” I probably shouldn’t have said that aloud either.

“You’ll be fine. But I want to hear all about it when you get back all right? So come find me”

“I will”

“Alright” he pulled me into a tight hug, “You got this. Don’t freak out” I do wish he could come with me. That would make me feel much better. When he pulled away from me he actually laughed at me, not even a little chuckle, full out laughing. “You look scared to death”

“I am scared to death”

“I know. It’s really not that big of a deal. Relax”

“What if they ask me something I don’t know the answer to?”

“What could you possibly not know the answer to? It’s about you and your music. They’re not going to be asking you about the current czar of Russia”

“Russia doesn’t have a czar anymore, they have a president. Vladimir Putin” I would rather them ask me about that.

“The point is you’re going to be fine” he laughed, “Johnny will be there” I nodded my head as he spoke, “I’m surprised you got any sleep”

“Me too”

“Have fun. It’s supposed to be fun. I’ll see you later, come find me. I’ll do yoga with you if need be” he smiled, “Bye Pooky”

“Bye” I really don’t want him to leave. I wish he could come with me, I don’t really understand why he can’t. I guess he has to do his own stuff. It would be kind of asking a lot for him to skip his interviews so he could help me get through mine.

I walked down the hall and almost turned back around three times. Although I know that I need to do this because it’s going to be a big step for my career, the real reason why I’m going is because I know Justin would never talk to me again if I didn’t.

Johnny was waiting downstairs. He tried to explain what was going on but I found it very difficult to listen. I’m freaking out, but not as much as I expected. It took me a few seconds before I could actually get out of the car once we got there. I had to pump myself up a little. This is a good thing. Justin’s right, they’re not going to ask me anything I don’t know.

I followed Johnny upstairs and we were met right away with a couple people. I wasn’t really listening to what anyone was saying. I was just too nervous. I’m waiting to have a panic attack; it’s going to come at any second.

We went into a small room where a lady was sitting down. She stood up when we walked in and introduced herself, I couldn’t tell you her name. I wasn’t playing attention I was trying not to have a panic attack. But she was really nice and friendly and she didn’t make me nervous as soon as she started talking. It was like we were just having a conversation, “So Gianna, how would you describe your sound?”

I smiled to myself, we went over this last night, “Soul and rock and blues and jazz. Everything all mixed together to make one smooth, coherent sound”

“Who are you influences?”

“Frank Sinatra, The Beatles and Etta James”

“And you’re on tour with Justin Timberlake?” I nodded my head, “What’s it like?”

Now I’m not nervous at all. She’s asking everything we went over, he wasn’t kidding when he said he knew what they’d ask. “It’s so much fun. I’ve never done a tour before never mind a tour with so many dates and so many people in the audience. But I’m really having a ball, it’s like I’m living in a dream”

“That’s great. Now what’s going on with you and Justin?” I gave her a confused look, “It’s all over the tabloids that you’re together”

“Oh. I don’t read the tabloids so…”

“Are you dating?” she just got right to it. This is one question we did not go over. First of all I don’t even know if we’re dating. I guess we’re dating, but like I don’t think he’d call me his girlfriend. I don’t think I’d call him my boyfriend. But even if we are dating it’s not like I’m going to tell her about it. OK, I’m having an inner crisis. I don’t know what I’m supposed to say to that. I don’t think I want people to get involved and think things about me. But I also don’t want to lie to her. If we are dating I don’t want to say we’re not and then she finds out soon that we are and then she’ll think I’m a liar. And how horrible would it be if I said we were dating and then Justin reads the article and has to tell me that there is no way we are dating. Then I’ll feel like a complete idiot.

“Don’t answer that,” Johnny said to me, “She’s not going to answer any personal questions” Thank you Johnny. He saved me on that one, that’s for sure.

“OK, I’m sorry” she said quietly, “What makes you different from all the other people out there?”

“It’s all me, I do it all. It’s really me on this CD, after you listen to it you know exactly what has been going on in my life”

“Great. Thank you sweetie. You can follow me and we’ll get you all situated for the shoot”

Johnny pulled me aside before I went into the other room, “You don’t have to answer any questions you don’t want to. Don’t think you have to answer it if they ask it” I nodded my head, “You’re doing great Gianna”

Now that photo shoot was possibly the weirdest thing I’ve ever done in my life. They told me to put my hands this way and look that way and stick out my shoulders. I felt so weird. But then they showed me the proofs and I swear my mouth dropped, “That’s me?”

“Of course that’s you” the photographer laughed, “You look good huh?”

I nodded my head; I can’t want to show Justin, “Can I take them with me?”

He handed me the proofs, “Go crazy, I’ll see you later hunny”

As we drove to the venue I just continued looking at the proofs. I can’t believe that’s me. “It wasn’t that bad now was it?” Johnny asked

“No” I smiled, “It was kind of fun”

“Good” he laughed, “You did great”

“Thank you”

As soon as we got to the venue I ran to find Justin. I didn’t literally run because I didn’t want my hair and makeup to get ruined so I just walked really quickly. I walked right into his room before realizing that I probably should have knocked.

“Whoa” Justin said as he stood up when he saw me, “Look at you” he grabbed onto my hand, “Turn around, let me see you” I smiled as I turned around, “You look amazing”

“Right?” I grabbed the proofs from my bag, “You have to see these pictures. I look hot Snuckums”

He laughed, “You always look hot,” he said before grabbing the pictures. That was a surprise that he just called me hot, especially the fact that he said I always look hot. That makes me laugh a little; I definitely do not always look hot, “Whoa. Look at that one. Very sexy look you got going on there”

“I know right? I’m so not sexy, they work magic, you were right”

“You are incredibly sexy,” he said as he wrapped his arms around me, “But this could be trouble”

“Why?”

“Because now you know you’re sexy. That’s always trouble. You’re going to leave me for a younger sexier man”

I couldn’t help but laugh at that one. As if I could even get anyone sexier than Justin Timberlake. I don’t even think such a man exists.

“So I take it everything went well?” I nodded my head, “No tough questions?”

“Everything you said. Except they did ask me about you”

“What about me?”

“They wanted to know what was going on between us”

He laughed, throwing his head back, “Of course they did. What did you say?”

“I said we’re married with three kids”

“Good”

“I didn’t really” I smiled, “I didn’t say anything Johnny told me not to”

He nodded his head, “Next time tell them we’re married with three kids”

“OK, I will”

Justin stretched his hands over his head before looking at his watch, “It’s time for your yoga”

He’s right, it is time for my yoga, “I thought you were doing it with me” I asked with a smile

“I am, that’s why I’m getting up” he held his hand out to help me up, “I’m ready, let’s go”

“Why are you so nice to me?” I didn’t really mean to ask that, but sometimes my mind and my mouth don’t work together. He is extremely nice to me and I don’t really get why. He doesn’t need to spend his time with me; he certainly has plenty of other things to do and other people to spend his time with.

Justin laughed and grabbed onto my arm, “I’m not that nice”

“Yes you are. I thought you’d be an asshole”

“I get that a lot”

“Why?”

“You tell me”

“I don’t know” I shrugged, “I guess because you could be, and it’s kind of expected. No one would look at you weird”

“Except my mother, she’d make me go back home. And my grandmother, forget it. She’d whip me into shape real fast”

“I’m glad,” I laughed

“Yeah. But don’t think I’m doing this for nothing”

“What do you think you’re getting?”

He gave me a cute smile, “Nah, I was just thinking we could play basketball or something”

“OK, I’ll try it” I nodded my head even though I know that I’m not athletic whatsoever. So I’ll probably look like a loser. It doesn’t matter though; if it’s with Justin it will be fun.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story