Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews! I'm so sorry it's taken so long I've been busy. Here's a little more but I'll try and update again soon :) Let me know what you think :)
“What are you planning on doing while I’m in LA?”

I shrugged, “I have no idea.”

“Just stay and chill in Detroit?” he asked with a chuckle. I shrugged again, “Want to come?”

“To Los Angeles?”

“Yes Pooky,” he laughed, “It’s the VMA’s. I can get you an extra ticket. It would be cool to just see it, experience it ya know?”

I nodded my head. It would be cool. It will also be very nerve racking. I’m sure I’ll go a little crazy just sitting there with all those people.

“Then we’re having an after party and I want you to play.”

“Oh” I answered softly, there is no way I will physically able to play a show after the MTV Video Music Awards in front of celebrities, “No thanks.”

“What?” he asked with a laugh.

“I said no thank you. I don’t think I’m ready…”

He cut me off before I could finish, “You’re ready. You’re nervous, that’s ok. Everyone is nervous, but you can’t say no because you’re nervous.”

I’m starting to think he’s forgotten the degree of my nerves. I haven’t had a panic attack in a long time and I don’t feel like throwing myself into situations where it can happen again.

“I’m scared.”

“I know you are. But seriously Gi, you need to get out there more than at just my shows. There are a lot of people that don’t go to my shows. Everyone will be drunk by the time you go on anyway” he finished with a chuckle and pulled me onto his lap.

“I really don’t think I’ll be able to do it though.”

“Yes you will. I’ll be right there with you. You have to. I’m not taking no for an answer. I will drag you out there if I have to.”

“I’m really really nervous though.”

“I know that’s so weird. It’s so out of character for you to be nervous.”

I rolled my eyes and hit his arm, “You’re so funny.”

“I try. We’re leaving Monday.”

I nodded my head, “You’re performing at the show right?”

“I am”

“Are you nervous?”

“Nah.”

“Shut up, you’re so full of shit.”

“I’m serious. You get over it at some point. Most people do, for the rest of you… you’ll just have to get drunk.”

“That’s your solution to everything huh?”

“If it works it works.”

“Yeah, if I didn’t know better I’d say you’re an alcoholic” I said with a smile before resting my hand on his cheek.

“Don’t say that in front of your father” he said with a chuckle.
My father came in a few hours ago with my sister and stepmother. They were getting settled at the hotel and then Justin and I are supposed to go to lunch with them. I’m a little nervous just because I haven’t seen them in awhile and of course since they haven’t met Justin, “I’m kind of nervous.”

Justin laughed and wrapped his arm around my waist, “Are you serious? It’s your family. I should be the one that’s nervous.” He paused, “Should I be nervous?” I shrugged and he laughed, “That doesn’t look good.”

“He’s not strict but he’s kind of… he can be overprotective. But he’ll like you… I’m sure.”

“Yeah, you sound sure” he laughed. Oh now who’s the nervous one Mr. nervous people are annoying?

“Don’t be nervous Snuckums.”

“You’re enjoying this change of roles thing too much,” he kissed my forehead as we drove to the hotel, “What do I call him? Mr. Gibralda?”

I nodded my head, “That’s fine.”

“And your step mother is Mrs. Gibralda?” I nodded my head again, “And your sister is Ashley?”

“You’re ready” I smiled as we stopped in front of the hotel, “Are you hungry?”

“Yeah. Should I call him sir?”

“Yes. Relax Snuckums. You look nice, that shirt makes your eyes pop out.”

“Good, that’s exactly what I was going for,” he said with a smile.

“I bet” I laughed, “Alright, let’s go.”

As we walked into the restaurant I saw the back of my father’s head. Ashley saw me and ran over and I could hear my father yelling at her.

When he turned around and saw that she was running to me he smiled and followed her quickly.

“Gigi!” Ashley screamed as I picked her up when she ran to me.

“Hey Babe, how are you? It’s so good to see you, you got so big.”

“Not uh.”

“Yes, you sure did.” I laughed as I put her down and fell into my father’s arms, “Hi Daddy.”

“How are you doing darling?”

“Good. I missed you” I really did miss him. I don’t always think about it and sometimes I feel like a horrible daughter because I’m thinking about everything else that’s going on. “This is Justin.”

“It’s nice to meet you Sir” Justin said with a smile and held out his hand.

Dad looked him over quickly and then shook his hand. Justin looks a little nervous, that made me laugh.

We finished lunch and then I took Ashley with me for sound check when my father went back to the hotel to get ready. Lunch went well, he seemed to like Justin enough. I didn’t think he wouldn’t like Justin, I mean he’s pretty charming. I was just a little nervous because obviously I always get nervous when I don’t have to.

“Ash, come on up here” I said as I grabbed her hand and brought her up on stage with me for the sound check, “It’s cool huh?”

“Yeah, look at me!” she said as she ran around.

“Come over here look Ashley. You’re going to be sitting right there, and you can see your sister perfectly.” Justin said as he showed her their seats.

“Cool! Look Gigi I can see you!”

“I know I’m going to see you too. Come up here; let’s show Justin our song. She can play,” I told him.

“She can huh?”

“Of course. She’s good, have you been practicing?”

“Mmmhmm” she nodded her head as she made her way over to me. I taught her how to play myself so I’m very proud of her. Ashley is very proud of it herself, “We’re good,” she told Justin.

“I’m sure you are, let me hear.”

She sat down next to me and remembered every single note. We haven’t played it in months and she hit it dead on, “That was perfect Ashley!” I said as I hugged her, “Who were you practicing with?”

“Daddy helped me” she smiled.

“Very impressive Ashley” Justin clapped his hands, “You’re better than I was at your age that’s for sure. I’m pretty sure you’re better than I am now,” he added with a chuckle.

“Yeah huh” Ashley laughed

“Sounds good,” I found my father walking in.

“You were helping her huh?”

He nodded his head with a smile, that’s a bit of a surprise. My father was always into music especially the piano but he wasn’t exactly thrilled about my choice to follow music the way I have. I think he’s opening up to it a little though.

“Can I steal Justin for a minute?” my father asked.

Oh god, oh god. Why does he want to talk to him alone? I just may have a panic attack in front of everyone. I’m supposed to be more comfortable around my family and I am but not when my father wants to talk to Justin alone. What could he possibly have to say to him that he can’t say in front of me?

“Yeah, no problem” Justin looked over at me and rested his hand on my shoulder, “Relax” he said softly.

I nodded my head, it can’t be that bad.

Right?

I watched Justin walk away with my father and finished up my sound check.
By the time I was done they were still talking and that was at least a half an hour ago. Now I’m getting a little worried. I just don’t understand why my father has to talk to him. It’s not like we’re getting married or something. When we got back to my dressing room Justin and my father were walking out of his and actually laughing. That’s a good sign.

“I’ll see you later then,” my father shook Justin’s hand, “We’ll let you get ready Gianna, good luck. I’ll see you after the show.”

They all walked away and I jogged to catch up with Justin grabbing onto his arm, “What was that about?”

Justin laughed, “I have to get to Stacy.”

“I’ll come, I can come. What did he say to you?”

“You were right.”

“What do you mean I was right?”

“About the sockets, he said they did fly out. That’s amazing though, I wish I could have seen it. Sorry I didn’t believe you.”

I just looked at him for a second; I couldn’t really believe that he actually asked my father that. I mean I can believe it, but he obviously talked to him about something else. “It’s ok, but I told you. What did my father want?”

“Nothing, he just…”

“Hey guys, oh look at this I get two at the same time,” Stacy came in with a smile.

“Can you wait a minute?” I asked her.

“No, I can’t” she said with a smile while Justin sat down.

“Whatever, what did he say?”

“He said he didn’t want you coming out on tour. You didn’t tell me that.”

I shrugged, “OK, what else?”

“He just said he feels better about it now that he saw us and everything.”

“Aww, that’s cute,” Stacy said with a smile.

“Shut up, don’t make comments,” I said as I slapped her arm.

She laughed, “It is cute. He feels better now that his little girl is being taken care of.”

“Can you leave?” I asked as I rolled my eyes.

“Nope. I’ll shut up, continue. What else did he say Justin?”

Justin laughed and shook his head, “That’s it, he asked me about myself and everything and said he feels better about everything.”

“Aww, that’s so adorable.”

“Oh my god Stacy, shut up.” I said seriously.

Justin laughed, “Give us a minute, will you?”

Stacy rolled her eyes and left us alone.

“Relax Pooky, he just said that he was worried about you being out here and he’s glad we have each other to keep the other out of trouble. I told him he didn’t have to worry because you have everything figured out. He said he’s glad I’m looking out for you and that’s it. That’s the transcript for you.” Justin smiled and kissed my forehead.

“Did he tell you anything he shouldn’t have told you?”

“Like what?” he asked with a laugh.

“Anything to embarrass me.”

“No” he wrapped his arms around me, “Calm down there’s nothing he could have told me to embarrass you.”

“I think he likes you.”

“Of course he likes me,” Justin smiled, “What’s not to like?”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story