Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading and leaving feedback :)
A few days later I found myself in a limo driving to the airport nervously tapping my fingers against the door. As you can probably guess I’m not a big fan of flying. I wouldn’t say I’m scared of flying… I just can think of other ways I’d like to spend my time.

Justin grabbed onto my hand to stop the tapping, “Are you hungry? I’m going to call Rachael and tell her to get us food for the ride, what do you want?”

“A burger I guess” I shrugged. He nodded his head and took his phone out and I continued tapping.

Justin grabbed my hand again to stop me but at least he didn’t yell at me to stop. I know he wanted to yell at me to stop but he was able to control it and honestly if felt much better to have him hold my hand.

The limo pulled right onto the runway and I squeezed Justin’s hand a little, not on purpose but I feel like this is not even the slightest bit safe. “Relax, they’re taking us right to the plane.”

I nodded my head, “I’m not used to the star treatment.”

“Get used to it,” he said as he opened the door and helped me out. We literally stepped out of the limo and walked two feet to the stairs of a private jet.

I followed closely behind Justin and then sat down in the seat facing him and quickly buckled my seatbelt. I’m not a big fan of these little planes. I’d rather fly on a big commercial airline honestly. I feel like if this could crash a lot easier since there are not so many people on it.
Justin pulled his backpack on his lap, “I got you…” he began as he grabbed things from inside, “Crosswords, Sudoku, gum, gummy bears, some soothing music, and I have my Mac Book so we can watch a movie. And if all else fails I have some sleeping pills.”

“You think I’m afraid of flying?”

He looked at me seriously wondering if he had insulted me. “You’re not?”

I shook my head, “I love flying.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah, it’s not that big of a deal” I nodded my head.

Justin laughed, “That’s amazing. I really thought you would be scared of flying.” I shook my head, “I hate flying.”

“Really?”

“I’m fine once I get up but it’s just taking off and landing, and ears popping and turbulence. Flying is not my favorite thing.”

“That’s cute.”

“Yeah, adorable. So I don’t have to share my sleeping pills?”

I shook my head and grabbed onto his hand, he’s kind of adorable when he’s nervous. I like this whole change of rolls thing. I could get used to it.

“I’m not scared of flying. I just don’t like it,” he continued.

“Alright,” I smiled and rubbed his leg, “Do you want to borrow Enya?”

“Yeah, maybe we could do some yoga once we get up in the air.”

“Oh yeah, for sure.”

“Good,” Justin smiled as Rachael walked on the plane and handed us Styrofoam containers.

“Thank you. I feel bad that you have to get this for me all the time.”

“Don’t feel bad, it’s her job. That’s what she gets paid the big bucks for,” Justin answered with a smile.

“A thankless job but someone’s got to do it,” Rachael rolled her eyes, “Your welcome Gianna and don’t worry about it, I don’t mind getting it for you.”

“Why are you sitting so far away from me?” Justin asked as he opened his container.

“I like to go up backwards. It’s more fun, it’s like a ride.”

“Come sit with me, I’ll give you an onion ring” he offered with a pout.

“Oh, well in that case.” I laughed as I stood up and sat down next to him. He’s there for me when I’m nervous so I guess I should be there for him when he’s nervous.

I ended up falling asleep pretty much as soon as we got into the air. Justin fell asleep even before me but he took a sleeping pill so he at least has an excuse. When I woke up everyone else was already off the plane except for Rachael who woke me up. I looked over to see that Justin was still passed out, “God. You two are the heaviest sleepers I’ve ever seen. He won’t wake up either.”

“Yeah, I’m a real heavy sleeper.” I feel like I’ve had to tell that to many people since I’ve been on this tour, “Justin took a sleeping pill.”

“I know, he usually wakes up though,” she laughed.

I stood up and stretched my arms over my head; I’m surprisingly wide-awake now. It usually takes me a little while to wake up. I shook his shoulders a little but that didn’t wake him so I hit his cheeks a little. Softly, it’s not like I was slapping him across the face.

“Kiss him.”

“What?”

“That will wake him up, just kiss him.” I looked at her as if she were crazy and she laughed, “I’m tired I want to go home. It will wake him up, please just kiss him.”

“OK,” I said softly and kissed him gently. It did wake him up, right away in fact.

“Hey,” he smiled.

“Hey, we’re here.”

“Good, I missed the landing,” he stood up and stretched his arms.

“Me too”

“We’re good,” he grabbed his bag in one hand and my hand with the other and I followed him outside.

There was a car waiting and it drove us right to his house. I’m just staying with him for the few days I’m here. I thought I’d get a hotel but Justin said that would be stupid. From the way he describes it, his house does seem pretty beautiful.

When we pulled up to his house I felt like we were pulling up to a castle. If he saw my house I’d be a little embarrassed. I don’t even have a house, who am I kidding. My father’s house is about the size of his garage and my apartment that my rent just ended on is probably the size of his living room.

I walked into his house and the first thing I saw was his beautiful black grand piano. I swear it was glowing. The light was reflecting off it just right I was hypnotized by it and I could not help but walk to it in a trance, “Oh my god, it’s beautiful.”

I heard Justin laugh but I kept walking towards the glowing mass of goodness, “Can I touch it? I’m going to touch it.”

I felt Justin’s arms around my waist, “You can touch it. You can even play it… as much as you want.”

“It’s just so beautiful.”

“Yeah, I mean it’s a piano,” he laughed clearly not as impressed as I am, “You don’t have one?”

“No I have one, but it’s an old upright with different color keys and the pedals only work sometimes.”

He laughed, “Well now you can get one.”

“Yeah, but I don’t really have anywhere to put it.”

“You’ll have to get a new house then. I bought the piano first and then found a house that would look good with it.”

“That’s cute.”

“I know. I’m adorable.”

“I didn’t say you were cute I said that was cute.”

“Same thing. Go ahead and play.”

I nodded my head and dropped my bag, literally dropping it down. I hope I didn’t have anything breakable in there. Honestly that doesn’t matter I need to get my hands on this piano.

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and taking in the scent. I slowly leaned my head back and moved my hands over the keys and just let my fingers do the talking. That’s what I love so much about playing, you can communicate in so many ways without actually talking. It’s so much easier to communicate through music. You don’t have to worry about messing everything up because even the mistakes make music.

It is a possibility that I was down there playing for quite awhile. All right, I was down there for a long time. Justin went upstairs and unpacked and when he came down I was still sitting at the piano. “Gi…” he called me but I kept playing, “Pooky.”

I looked up at him.

“We’re going to go get dinner with my mother.”

“Oh,” I stood up, “Let me get changed and do my hair and like… get ready.”

He shook his head, “We have to go.”

“No, no I have to get changed quick.”

“Pooky I told her we were leaving now.”

“Well can’t I just go really quick? I want to look nice and…”

“You look nice,” he wrapped his arms around my waist, “Don’t be nervous.”

“I’m not,” I lied.

He laughed. I’m not a good liar.

“Why are you nervous? You’ve met my mother before.”

“Yeah but I met your mother as your opening act. I’ve never met your mother as your girlfriend.” Did I just call myself his girlfriend? I probably shouldn’t have done that, I don’t even know if I am his girlfriend. He’s never really called me his girlfriend. But I mean I would think that’s what I am. We’ve never had the conversation.

“She loved you as my opening act and she’s going to love you even more as my girlfriend,” he said with a smile and wrapped his arms around me, “Don’t be nervous. She is looking forward to meeting you…again”

I nodded my head, “But can’t I just go change my shirt really quick?”

“Yes,” he pulled my shirt over my head, “Hurry up,” he kissed my neck, “Don’t distract me we have to go see my mother.”

“You pulled my shirt off and I’m distracting you?”

“Yes,” he laughed as he moved away from me, “hurry up!”


I sat in the car tapping my fingers on the door, “Stop” Justin said as he continued driving.

“Sorry,” I answered softly I didn’t even know I was doing it. I’m just a little nervous about meeting his mother again. It is intimidating no matter how much he says it isn’t. But he was nervous meeting my father so he needs to get over it.

“Seriously Gi, it’s getting annoying.”

I didn’t even know I was doing it again. I put my hands in my lap.

“You’ve met her before. She’s not at all intimating. You know this.”

“I know but I can’t control it. I just get nervous, I can’t help it.”

He threw his head back and laughed, “I know you can’t control it. That’s why we need to get you some meds.”

That’s kind of rude.

“I’m kidding, it was a joke, I’m sorry,” he grabbed my hand and kissed it after he pulled up to a parking spot.

“You’re rude sometimes.”

“I was kidding. I’m sorry,” he grabbed onto my hand and led me inside.

His mother was sitting down at a table and stood up when she saw us. Justin hugged her and kissed her cheek, “You remember Gianna.”

“Of course, how are you doing sweetie? You look so nice, I love your top,”

Hmm. She loves my top. I gave Justin a look and he laughed, I knew I had to change my shirt.

“Well come on sit down,” she pulled out a chair for me, “I ordered an appetizer since you were made me wait so long Justin,” she said with a smile.

“Me? Why is it me? I was ready, she wasn’t.”

I can’t believe he just blamed the reason why we’re late on me. Now she’s going to think I’m this crazy girl that’s never on time for anything. I’m always on time. I’m always early. I’m never late and now he’s making it look like I don’t even care and that’s why we’re late.

“I’m sorry. I was distracted; his piano put me into a trance. It’s so beautiful,” I smiled; I hope she doesn’t hate me. I really can’t deal with her hating me.

“It’s alright, you’re just like Justin. Whenever he’s late I know it has something to do with music. If you can’t find him go look for a piano and chances are that’s where he is.”

I smiled, she’s not mad. She doesn’t hate me, well at least not yet.

“So Justin tells me you’re going to be performing at the after party.” I nodded my head, “You must be excited, that will be great.”

“Yeah, I’m a little nervous though.”

“Oh no, you’ll be fine. I’m excited to see you again. You were great when I saw you at the beginning of the tour I’m sure it’s so much better now. It will be good for you to actually go to the show as well. Do you have your dress yet?”

“I haven’t even thought of that.” Oh my goodness, I haven’t even thought of that yet. I obviously have to find a dress. I’m so bad at finding clothes I like. What the hell am I going to do? When am I going to have time to look for a dress? I don’t even know what kind of a dress to wear. What if I’m overdressed? What if I’m underdressed? What the hell was I thinking?

“When are you going?”

I looked at Justin and he laughed, “Don’t get her nervous Ma, she didn’t even think about that.”

“Well she needs to think about it Justin it’s in two days.”

“It’s in two days.” I answered softly. TWO DAYS.

“Two days Gi, you have two full days until the show.” I felt his hand on my lap as he spoke.

I nodded my head, “But I don’t have a dress.”

“Now you’re going to be all nervous and thinking about that all night.”

“Oh no sweetie, don’t be nervous,” Justin’s mother answered. Clearly she knows nothing about me, “I’ll go with you tomorrow to look. While Justin is at rehearsal we can go look. It will be fun, we’ll find the perfect dress.”

I nodded my head; it’s kind of like choosing the less of two evils. I don’t really want to spend the day with Justin’s mother. She’s nice enough and it’s not like anything is wrong with her, but I just really feel nervous enough about spending lunch with her and Justin. forget about a whole day with just the two of us. However, I do need a dress. I’d rather have a dress and deal with my stupid issues than try and find the dress by myself.

That would be disastrous.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story