Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's taken so long. Thanks to everyone for reading and reviewing :)
The minutes are oh so slowly moving as I’m laying here in Justin’s bed waiting for it to be morning. Only fifteen hours twenty-seven minutes give or take. That’s the amount of time it will be before the show is actually going on. I don’t know when I’m going on… if I’m going on. The point is in fifteen hours and twenty-six minutes I will be at the MTV Video Music Awards. You can imagine my excitement.

Then there’s the whole red carpet thing. Obviously no one would want to talk to me so it’s not like I should have to worry about the red carpet. But of course Justin wants me to walk down with him so he can introduce me to everyone and get me out there. I guess that’s good. I mean, I know it’s good but I don’t really want to go down and talk to everyone, I’m sure I’ll screw it up somehow.

“Stop moving” I heard Justin and felt him wrap his arms around me so I would stay still. I didn’t’ t know he was up.

“Sorry.”

“Relax, you’re going to do great. Stop thinking about it.”

Like that’s a possibility, “Have you met me?”

Justin smiled but still kept his eyes closed, ‘Fine think about it all you want but stop moving.”

“OK.”

I really can’t believe that I’m going to be on a live television show. There’s going to be so many people there, like important people.

“You’re still moving.”

“Sorry, I can’t help it.”

“I’m about to kick you out of my bed Pooky,” he’s smiling again so he can’t be too mad. He finally opened his eyes, “Throw in some Enya or something.”

“This is so far beyond Enya.”

“Why did you want to be a musician?”

“I know, I just…”

“Answer the question.”

“I like music.”

“That’s it? Why don’t you just listen to the radio?”

“I like my music. I like making music.”

“You could just play at bars or something.”

I don’t know what it is exactly he’s looking for, “I want to get my music out there.”

“Alright, exactly. This is your chance to get it out there. Relax and you’ll do fine. Just go to sleep. Please go to sleep.”

“Alright, I’m going to sleep.”


_____________________________________________


“I’ll do all the talking. I want you to talk, I mean I think you should but if you don’t want to just stand there and look cute that works too,” Justin said as we rode to the VMA’s.

“I’ll try and talk but just make sure I don’t fall over or something alright?”

“No, I’ll just let you fall,” he answered sarcastically, “You look beautiful, by the way.”

“Thank you, I feel like I’m going to pop out.” I said as I tried to stuff my boobs back into my dress.

Justin laughed, “You’re not going to pop out.”

“I hope not. You look handsome.”

“Thank you. Are you ready for this?” he asked placing his hand on my leg.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.”

A second later the door was opened and Justin got out first. I could hear the screaming before I even stepped out of the limo. I looked around to see hundreds of people and I couldn’t even hear anything because everyone was screaming so loud. I’ve seen these things on television and I know they look weird and crazy but oh my gosh, this is insane. It’s just so loud.

Justin smiled and waved as we made our way to the actual part where the interviews take place on the carpet. “Just smile,” he whispered to me and I smiled as I followed him closely.

“Justin, over here.” They just shout at him, I think it’s kind of rude. He doesn’t I guess, he walked right over to them then turned around to make sure I was following him. He knows me too well because I was planning on hiding out at least for the first one so I could see how it was done. Of course that didn’t happen.

“Justin Timberlake, we’re here with Justin Timberlake, how are you doing tonight?”

“I’m good man, fantastic how are you doing?”

“Good, we’re excited. What are you excited for tonight? You’re performing right?”

“I am performing, but what I’m excited about the most is this girl over here. She’s making her big debut.” He smiled and pulled me so I was actually in shot of the camera.

“Of course it’s Gianna Gibralda, how are you doing?”

“Good thank you,” I smiled. How does he know my name?

“We’re all very excited to see you perform.”

“Thank you, I’m excited to perform.”

“Now we’ve heard all these rumors about you two, do you want to set them straight? Are you two dating?”

“Dating?” Justin asked with a chuckle, “We’re married.”

“Three kids,” I nodded my head in agreement.

“Thanks man, we’ll see you later.” Justin waved and walked away. I followed him, but it seemed a little rude that he just walked away.

“You just walk away?” I asked him as we continued down the red carpet.

“Yeah, you got to keep it moving Gi,” he answered with a smile.

“They’re all screaming for you.”

“Yeah, smile” he laughed, “you look so scared.”

Before I knew it, it was time for me to go on. I don’t think I can do this. Sure, from the beginning I felt like maybe this wasn’t the best idea, but now I know for sure. This is not a good idea. I wish I could find Johnny to get me out of this. Or maybe I could call up Britney Spears and beg her to come out here and not back out of her show.

I sat down at the piano on the pitch-black stage. The curtains were closed in front of me and it was only a matter of time before the little stage thing I’m on would be pushed out in front of millions. I’m not nervous. At all.

OK, clearly that’s a lie. I’m about ready to have a heart attack.

“Break a leg Pooky, make me proud,” Justin said before kissing me gently on the lips. He does calm me down a little, so that’s good. Not enough though, I’m still nervous as hell.

“Can’t you just come out there with me?”

“Yeah sure, I’ll just stand out there in the middle of the stage. Does that sound good?” he asked with a smile. I nodded my head and he chuckled, “I’ll be right over here watching your every move. You got this.”

“Thanks.”

He walked away and left me all alone on the stage. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes when I started to be pushed onto the stage.

“Give it up for Gina Giada”

I don’t know who it was that just introduced me but they definitely called me Gina Giada. I hate to be called Gina, it happens all the time. I don’t understand what makes it so difficult. Gianna is a pretty normal name. It’s not even really close to Gina. I have two extra letters; sure they’re both letters that are still in Gina but come on. And my last name is not Giada. That’s not even a last name. It’s the first name of that lady on the food network. Why on earth would this guy think my last name is the first name of a cook? I don’t even like her; she has that weird smile that’s so huge. Plus she’s like paper thing, there is no possible way she eats all that food she makes. I hate when cooks aren’t fat. I feel like they should be, I mean seriously my dream job would be a cook. If I were a cook I’d weigh like a million pounds because I’d eat everything.
My name is easy, Gibralda, just like the Straight of Gibraltar. I know it’s not spelt the same but it’s close enough.

Why is it so quiet?

Oh my gosh, because I’m supposed to be playing. I just got so distracted by the man calling me the wrong name that I didn’t even realize that I’m sitting here on stage in front of hundreds with millions of people watching me on television just sitting here on stage. I’m an idiot. It’s official.

I started playing because I felt like that was what I was supposed to do. I don’t know why I say I felt like it was I know it’s what I was supposed to do. The light was right in my eye though and dammit I got distracted again and totally missed where I was supposed to come in. I played the part again and as soon as I started singing I heard everything echoing and I couldn’t even play. I stopped for a second and looked over at Justin and he just looked worried. “I can’t hear anything.” I meant to just mouth the words but they came out. I also meant to maybe whisper them but I guess I did whisper them… right into the microphone.

Justin motioned for me to take the earpieces out and I did. That’s much better.

I made the mistake of looking out in the audience and every single person looked terrified, like they were scared for me, or even worse embarrassed for me.

“OK, sorry. Let me start over,” I said into the microphone. A few people laughed but everyone else was quiet. I feel like this is the nightmare I’ve had since I was a kid about performing in front of people… except this is actually happening.

I took a deep breath and prayed that something would actually get me through this. I’m sure they went to a commercial or something by now. I wish they would let me know so I could get out of this disaster.

Surprisingly enough, I managed to get through the whole song the second time around. I didn’t have in my earpieces so I’m not even sure if I sounded good. Well, I’m pretty sure I did not sound good, but I couldn’t hear anything. I can’t believe I just made such a fool out of myself at the Video Music Awards.

I looked out into the audience and no one was really sure what to do. I bet they didn’t know if I was done or not, I mean I did give them a few false endings. No one’s doing anything, I thought someone would clap.

OK, someone started to clap and then other people joined in. I was afraid to look out again but then I saw Puff Daddy in the front row standing up and clapping. He’s making fun of me, that’s kinda an asshole thing to do. Obviously I ruined it, but there’s no need to make fun of me. Someone named Puff Daddy should not make fun of anyone. Is that even his name? Puff Daddy? Puffy? P Diddy? Puff Diddy? I don’t know it doesn’t matter. I’m getting distracted again.

I ran offstage right by Justin and into the dressing room. I closed the door, turned on Enya, and sat down on the ground with my back against the door so no one could come in.

I’d say today was a very eventful day.

Walk my first red carpet: check.

Go to my first awards show: check.

Ruin my career before I even get one: double check.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story