Author's Chapter Notes:
Alright, I did not forget about this haha. I've been busy and trying to figure out what's going on. BUT... here's a new chapter :) I hope you remember what's going on because I know I almost forgot!
Thanks so much for reading. Please let me know what you think!
“1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10” I took a deep breath and exhaled, “10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1”

I heard knocking on the door but I just kept counting, “Gi, come on let me in.”

Justin is the only one that I want to come in here but I know he can’t possibly be alone.

“It’s just me, let me in.”

I moved away from the door and let him open it. Justin sat down next to me after he closed the door. He didn’t say anything, and neither did I. I couldn’t even look at him I was so embarrassed. I felt his hand on my leg and it made me feel a little better even though I’m still a complete idiot.

Justin stood up in front of me and held his hand out. I looked at him and he grabbed onto my hand and pulled me up so I was standing in front of him and pulled me into a tight hug. That made me feel a lot better.

“It’s not that big of a deal.”

“I forgot the words to my own song. I didn’t play at the beginning; I sat there in silence. I told the world I couldn’t hear. I had to start two times.”

“You sounded good.”

I rolled my eyes, “I couldn’t hear anything.”

“The first time I performed on my own I was so sick. I ruined the show; you always think you ruined it. And look how it turned out, I didn’t ruin anything.”

“You didn’t stop in the middle of your set and tell the world you couldn’t hear and start over.”

“You’ll see that it’s not a big deal. I know if feels like one now but it’s really not.”

I know he’s trying to make me feel better but it’s not working. I almost wish he would just tell me that I fucked up.

“On the bright side, no one will forget you. Everyone will know your name.”

“No, everyone will know Gina Giada.” I sat down on the couch.

“You need to get over these nerves Pooky. I’m sure no one even noticed.”

He’s crazy, obviously everyone noticed, “Nobody clapped at the end. They just sat there and looked at me.”

“Relax baby, you’re making a big deal out of nothing.”

He just called me baby. He’s never called me baby before.

“You have to get used to this. Sometimes things go bad. That’s how it is. You just go out again and kick ass.”

I took a deep breath and rested my head on his shoulder, “I can’t go out there again.”

“Of course you can. You need to show them how amazing you are.” He always thought I was amazing, even before he really heard me. I don’t know why, but I do know I’m not amazing, especially after what just happened.

“I’m not amazing, I’m a failure.”

“Failure is what makes success. Everyone’s got to screw up a couple times. You can’t start at the top you got to work your way up there. It’s like that in everything. So what if you screwed up? Now there’s only one way to go.” He always knows the right thing to say. “You got through the whole song, you sounded great. Your monitors were off that’s not your fault. You didn’t leave in the middle of the song and run off crying, I’m proud of you Pooky.”

“Thank you.”

“Now get up off your ass, wipe your eyes, stand up and go back out there with your head up and show them what the fuck you’re all about.” Justin put his hand out and pulled me up next to him. He gave me a quick hug and a kiss and slapped my butt as I walked out of the room before grabbing onto my hand.

Instead of going back to the audience he lead me outside to a limo. I’m pretty sure he was up for a couple awards and he shouldn’t be leaving, “Shouldn’t you stay?”’ “Nah, why?”

“You’re up for awards.”

“Oh shit,” he laughed, “You’re right.”

“We can go back,” I suggested.

“Nah, I don’t feel like it. We’re good,” Justin said as he put his arm around me and moved his other arm to my lap before pulling me on his lap and kissing me softly. I will tell you that feeling his lips on mine make me feel much better about everything.

“Aren’t you going to get in trouble?”

“I don’t care,” he continued kissing me.

“But what if you win?”

“I really don’t care Pooky, stop talking.”

We stopped at a Jack in the Box on the way to the club and ate in the limo. It was much more fun and relaxing than sitting in a crowd freaking out about my performance. I hardly even thought of it the whole time.

After awhile, we went into the venue. No one was there yet, well some people were coming in but there weren’t too many people there. We went to the stage and sat down at the piano with the curtains shut of course. Justin sat down next to me and we just played. It’s so cool to have someone in my life that I can just play with. It’s like we can read each other’s minds and make music so easily together.

“I’m going to introduce you, alright?”

I nodded my head, “Thanks,”

We continued playing until some guy came on the stage and told us we had to get off, so we walked backstage. I met a lot of Justin’s friends, which was cool enough, except his friends are like 50 Cent and Christina Aguilera. Then I saw Puffy coming over and I quickly made my way into the dressing room.

“Where’d you go Houdini?”

I sat down on the couch, “Puff Daddy is coming.”

“OK… and? He wants to meet you.”

“No he was making fun of me.”

“What?” Justin asked with a laugh, “Puffy was not making fun of you.”

“He was the only one standing up and clapping when I was finished.”

“That means he likes you, people give standing ovations when they like you.”

I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath. He’s acting like I’m new to the planet and I don’t know what a standing ovation is. The fact is that he was the only one and I sucked, I fucked it up and he was standing there clapping as if to be sarcastic and laugh in my face.

“He was not making fun of you, trust me. He wouldn’t make fun of you.”

“Because you know him so well,” I answered with a bit of sarcasm.

“I do actually,” he answered when there was a knock on the door and in walked Puff Daddy. He didn’t even wait for some kind of an answer or for us to even make a noise to ask him to come in, he just walks in like he owns the place. Maybe he does own the place... he owns lots of places. I hope he doesn’t because then I’d feel bad for saying all that.

“Hey Puff, what’s up man?” Justin asked as he stood up, “This is Gianna, Gi this is Puffy.”

“What’s up girl? Gianna, not Gina, I thought that was messed up.” He laughed and I gave him a fake smile. Judging by Justin’s reaction it was obvious I wasn’t really amused by being in the presence of Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Puff Diddy or any combination of the name.

“She’s nervous, ya know, she’s worried about going out there again.”

“Oh yeah, understandable,” Puffy said as he sat down next to be and I moved closer to Justin. “I’ll let you get back to your pre-show rituals I just wanted to come by and say hey. I heard your song on the radio and immediately I said who is this girl and why didn’t we find her first. But nah, Timberlake got her first, he’s got an ear for that.”

I looked over at Justin and he laughed before putting his arm around me, “That’s right bro.”

“You did good tonight. Your monitors were off, it happens. You showed them you’re a star because you finished and did a damn good job. Now you’re going to go out there and show them again and let them know you’re here to stay.”

I nodded my head; ok maybe he wasn’t making fun of me. I guess he’s not a jerk.

“She doesn’t talk huh?” Puffy asked with a laugh.

“Nah, not really,” Justin chuckled.

“I talk.”

“Well good, I know you can sing and that’s all that matters,” he stood up, “It was nice meeting you, don’t be nervous. I do yoga to calm me down before a show.”

“Really?” Oh my god, I think I love him, I know my face lit up. I’m so glad someone else does yoga to calm down. I told Justin it was a good idea and it really helps me to relax.

“Nah,” Puffy gave me one of those laughs that you are trying to hold it in but it’s so funny that you can’t, “J told me you were into it. You should have seen your face it lit up. Alright, later.”

And I’m back to hating him, that was kind of mean. “I really thought he did yoga,” I said after he left.

Justin chuckled and kissed my forehead, “He’s more of a Pilates guy.”

“Shut up,” I laughed and rested my head on his shoulder.

A knock on the door told me I had five minutes to go onstage. I’m going to just stay here with Justin and relax before I go out so I’m not a complete mess once again. “Shit! I need my dress.”

“Alright, relax.” He grabbed his cell phone from his pocket with his right hand while his left hand was still around me. Justin is very calm and collect, that could possibly have something to do with why he’s sold billions of records and I’ve sold three. As soon as he hung up the phone there was another knock on the door and in walked someone with my dress.

“Thank you,” I answered softly before standing up and looking at it carefully.

“Is everything alright?” Justin asked with a smile as he watched me from the couch.

“Yes, everything is alright.” I changed from one dress to the other, “Can you zip me?”

Justin stood up and zipped up my dress then kissed the back of my neck, “I like this much better,” he wrapped his arms around me, “It feels good to relax huh?”

“Yeah,” I nodded my head and felt his lips on my neck again, “Thanks Snuckums.”

“Wait until after the show, then I’ll really relax you.”

I laughed as he turned me around to kiss my lips, “I’ll be ready.”

“Good,” he grabbed onto my hand and led me to the stage. It wasn’t until I was actually standing backstage that I started to get nervous again. “You doing alright Pooky?”

I nodded my head and he massaged my neck.

“Are you ready? I’m going to go out.” I nodded my head and Justin gave me one more kiss before walking on onstage. Everyone went absolutely crazy and I could see the flashes from backstage. I’m sure they never thought he would go out to introduce someone.

“How’s everyone doing? What’s up?” he laughed and waved as everyone continued to go nuts. He’s so good at what he does. He has all these people going crazy at the sight of him and he’s still so normal, you would never know he’s this huge star just by spending some time with him. “Alright, alright thank you, let’s be serious for a second here.” He waited as the calmed down, “Alright, thank you. This girl, coming up first, is no lie, going to be the next big thing. She was a little nervous before but she’s ready to come out here and show you what everyone’s been talking about. Her name is GIANNA GIBRALDA.” He said it slowly so everyone could understand, “Not that hard right?” he laughed, “Say it with me now, GIANNA GIBRALDA” everyone out there said my name, the right way, that made me smile. “Alright, you got it. Here she is, my girl, Gianna Gibralda.”

I walked out on stage and everyone screamed, I’ve never really gotten so much attention, especially not before I even play. Justin bowed down in front of me like they do to Buddha like he’s not worthy. “Shut up,” I said and made him stand up.

He winked at me and I walked over to the piano and took a deep breath before I began to play. This time my monitors worked and I wasn’t even nervous a little bit. Everyone screamed when I finished the song. “Thank you, gosh what a welcome. How’s everyone doing tonight? Are you ready for some fun?” they screamed again, this is a good audience. I like looking out and seeing normal people not uptight celebrities. “Yeah, I want to thank Justin Timberlake for that introduction,” he screamed, “I love it, everyone always screams when I say his name, it never goes wrong. I um…” I began playing while I was talking, “I’m Gianna Gibralda, as you all know by now. Gianna not Gina, and Gibralda like the straight. That’s how I remember it.” I laughed and they actually laughed too. I couldn’t believe it wasn’t disaster, “So that’s how you can remember it too. Alright, let’s get going, I’m running out of time,”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story