Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading and letting me know what you think :)
My head hurts. I can feel a migraine coming along. No, it’s just in my head because I don’t want to go. My stomach hurts though, that’s serious. I could have a problem. Cramps maybe. Or it could be more serious like my appendicitis. I’ve read about those random attacks and then I’ll end up in the hospital. That would suck if I were in the hospital the night before my first real show with Justin Timberlake.

I was putting my makeup on when I heard my cell phone ring and felt a rush of calm come over myself when I heard Maggie’s voice. Maggie has been my best friend since kindergarten. She’s really the only one that understands my craziness. She’s the only one that ever put enough effort into it to actually care. Usually I scare people away, I don’t have many friends but Maggie has been there forever. Now I sound like a complete loser… I kind of am. As soon as I make enough money to have an assistant I’m sending for her and she will take the job. It’s not like I’m going to make her do my dirty work, I’m just going to pay her to hang out with me.

“What’s up Superstar?”

“I’m freaking out”

She laughed, “You’re always freaking out”

“I know but seriously this time”

“What’s going on?”

“So I had that dress rehearsal thing that I thought would be running through everything in front of an empty crowd. No. There were a couple hundred of Justin Timberlake’s closest friends”

“Aww” she laughed, “But you did amazing”

“I did ok”

“Yeah, just ok? I’m sure” she paused, “So why are you freaking out now?”

“There’s this stupid party thing tonight”

“With?

“Justin Timberlake and everyone”

“You’re complaining about a party with Justin Timberlake” she stated as if I were a complete idiot.

“I know, but I’m not good at this stuff” I said as I walked past a mirror and realized I only had eye makeup on one eye. Awesome Gianna, awesome.

“I know, you’ll be fine”

“Yeah, I’m not going to be able to stay that long. Maybe just for dinner. I don’t think I’ll make it to the club after”

“Why not?”

“My head hurts. I feel a migraine coming”

“That’s always your excuse sweetie, you need a new one”

“My stomach hurts too,” I said as if I had to prove it to her. I don’t have to prove it to anyone. If I get there and feel completely uncomfortable I’ll just say I have a migraine and I can leave. They don’t know it’s always my excuse. I haven’t used it yet.

“You’re nervous”

“No, I’m not”

“How are your hives?”

I looked in the mirror, “They’re pretty cleared up” I paused when I heard her laugh, “I have to go Maggie”

“Call me later and let me know everything. Don’t get famous and forget me”

“I could never. Love you”

“Love you too, don’t be nervous. Relax and have fun”

I took a deep breath and tried to mentally pump myself up for this. I grabbed my bag and stepped onto the elevator, only to notice in the mirror that I still did not finish my makeup. I ran out of the elevator, the old man who was already on it looked at me as if I were crazy.

I checked myself in the mirror two times before I left again to make sure everything was in place. When I say two times I mean once and then I left, turned back around and unlocked the door and checked again. Now I’m paranoid.

When I made it to the restaurant everyone was already there. Justin Timberlake saw me come in and stood up from his conversation to greet me. That was nice of him, “Hey, you made it”

I nodded my head and remembered that I need to try speaking, “My best friend from home called” Maggie won’t mind if I use her as an excuse. I’m not really willing to tell him that I only did half of my makeup and had to go back a couple times to make sure it was fixed.

“Oh nah, it’s cool. I’m glad you could make it. I’ll introduce you to everyone. You don’t have to remember everyone, there’s a lot of them,” he laughed as he grabbed my arm to guide me over. He has stuff on his hand, some kind of sauce I think. Would it be wrong if I pulled out my Purell now that his hand is gone? There’s like sticky stuff on my arm. OK Gianna. Focus. I’ll wash it off when he’s done introducing me to everyone. I can wait. “Alright, this is my mother, number one. Lynn. Then my father, Paul,” Lynn. Paul. “My band guys Matt, Sam, Brent, Jake and Kyle” why isn’t he going in order? I don’t really care what they do for you Justin Timberlake just go in order so I can remember them. Lynn, Paul, Matt, Sam, Brent, Jake, Kyle. All right. Next? “The dancers over here, Kenny, Rob, Brandi, Traci, Jordan, Nat, and Rich” Lynn, Paul, Matt, Sam, Brent, Jake, Kyle, Kenny, Rob, Brandi, Traci, Jordan, Nat, Rich. “And you know Johnny” I nodded my head, “And that’s everyone. Got it?” he asked with a chuckle

I nodded my head. I think I got it. Now that I think of it, I’m not really sure if he said Brent or Brett. I just won’t call him by his name until I’m sure. I’ve been called Gina too many times not to understand the frustration.

I sat in the empty seat between Sam and Brent or Brett… of course I’m next to him. I have to remember not to call him by his name.

I made it through the whole dinner without calling him the wrong name. I was very proud of myself. I even managed to find out his name. It’s Brett. No N. Good thing, I really thought he said Brent. We all piled into a party bus thing and drove to a club. I sat down next to Justin Timberlake’s parents thinking that they wouldn’t stay too late and I could sneak away when they did. The sad part is that they were partying with the best of them, and I found myself sitting quietly by myself.

I watched Justin Timberlake making his rounds talking to everyone. Then I noticed some girls sneaking up to where we were in the VIP section. You see a lot from the corner, plus it’s so dark no one can she me spying on everyone. Those girls walked right up to Justin Timberlake and started dancing with him. He danced back at first. When the girls started getting touchy feely I turned my head away. I don’t really want to watch anyone doing anything on the dance floor. When I looked back he was trying to get away from them. They followed him around but he walked over to a bouncer and within seconds they were being escorted downstairs. That’s kind of amazing.

He spotted me looking at him and I quickly looked away, I hope he didn’t see me. Justin Timberlake walked over and sat down next to me, “What’s going on?”

“Nothing, just people watching”

“That’s always fun” he smiled, “What are you drinking?”

“It’s my special drink. I made it up”

“You made it up huh? Is it a secret recipe?”

“No” I said as I took a sip, “sloe gin, lemon juice, carbonated water, orange juice and two cherries”

“And you made it up huh?” he asked with a chuckle, I nodded my head, “It’s called a Sloe Gin Collins”

“No” I shook my head, “It’s called Gin and Gianna, like gin and juice… get it?”

He looked at me and laughed for a second, then shook his head and threw it back again looking up at the sky. I haven’t known him that long but I’ve figured out that it’s not a good thing when he laughs like that, “I’m saying it’s already a drink. You didn’t make it up” I shook my head and felt all my dreams come crashing down. I thought I could maybe market my drink someday, it is very tasty if I do say so myself, “I’m afraid so” That sucks. Now my night is officially ruined, although he could be wrong

“I’ve been making it for three years and no bartender has ever corrected me”

He smiled, “That’s because no one wants to correct the pretty girl” Did Justin Timberlake just call me pretty? Probably not. He could have said shitty, or fiddy… I don’t know why he would say fiddy but maybe that’s some sort of compliment or even an insult that I’m not aware of. My hives were back and that made me mad. I told myself to calm down but that doesn’t really work anymore. “So tomorrow is the big day huh?” I nodded my head, “Are you nervous?”

“Very much so. I should get going soon so I can go back to the hotel and toss and turn all night”

He laughed again, I think he’s had a lot to drink because he’s laughing at everything I say, “You’re going to blow up as soon as they hear you” Like physically combust? I sure hope not. It kind of sounded like a threat the way he said it. Like he’s placed a bomb in my body set to go off as soon as everyone hears me. I get sidetracked too easily; clearly he did not mean it that way. But it would be kind of cool if I had to destroy a bomb while on stage at my first show.

“You’ve only heard me twice” I spoke to break myself from my bomb fighting dreams. It is true that he thinks I’m amazing but I’m going to feel really stupid when he finds out I’m not as good as he thinks.

“I know my shit, I’ve got an ear for this stuff” he smiled. I hope you do Justin Timberlake. “It will be fun though, everyone on the tour is really cool. It’s tiring though, and it’s a lot of work. But you’ll get used to it” I nodded my head and he paused for a couple seconds, “You’re not much of a talker huh?”

“Sorry”

“No, it’s cool. You’re an amazing performer. When you’re out there with the piano it’s like unbelievable. You can tell it’s something you’ve been doing your whole life, you’re so natural”

“That’s sweet, thank you”

“You’re very welcome”

“Thanks for bringing me on tour”

“Thanks for coming”

“I should get going and try to get some sleep, tomorrow is kind of the biggest day of my life thus far”

He laughed again, “Nah, don’t even think about it. You’ll be fine”

“Thank you Justin Timberlake”

Here comes that laugh again with his head back, “Why do you always say my full name? I feel like I’m getting in trouble”

“Oh. I’m sorry, I just…”

“Just call me Justin. Or J, JT… I’ll even take Snuckums”

I laughed as I stood up, “Alright Snuckums, I’m going to get going”

“Alright Gianna Gibralda. Thanks for coming” he said as he stood up too and placed his hand on my back, here comes the hives “Try and sleep, don’t be nervous you’re going to do great. I’ll see you tomorrow”

“Great thank you Justin Timberlake… I mean Snuckums”

He laughed, “That was a mistake. Good night Gigi”

“Goodnight”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story