Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sorry it has taken me so long :( I don't have much of an excuse... I've been busy... I guess that works haha. I'm trying not to ignore this story lol. Let me know what you think :)
There are some things that I don’t think I’ll ever understand. For example, I don’t understand why I am currently waking up in bed next to Justin Timberlake. I spent last night performing at the Grammy’s and then at an after party. Millions of people saw me, granted I fucked up, but in general millions of people saw me. I’m just Gianna Gibralda, that weird girl from Savannah that is always on the piano.


By the time I woke up the next morning it was 2 o’clock in the afternoon. I was surprised to look over and see Justin still fast asleep next to me. That never happens. We didn’t get back to Justin’s until at least 4 so it’s not like we’re complete bums. Actually, we didn’t go to sleep until like 6 so really I could still go back to sleep to get my eight hours.

I decided I’d be domestic and let him sleep, so I quietly got out of bed and went downstairs to the kitchen. The kitchen is so big it’s a little overwhelming. I opened the refrigerator and saw there was nothing inside except Diet Coke, Sam Adams, ketchup, mustard, and a pack of Hershey Kisses.

I bit at my lip trying to think of what I could possibly make with those ingredients. Then, I looked into the other room and saw the glowing mass of goodness. I swear the piano was calling my name. It’s just so beautiful and so perfect. I let out a sigh and walked to the cupboards, maybe there’s something in there: A can of corn, some macaroni and cheese, and some moldy potatoes. EW! OK, I’m definitely moving on. Now I feel like I’m going to throw up.

As I walked away from the cupboard the sun was shining off the baby grand just perfectly like the moment I first saw it. I shouldn’t play it might wake up Justin. My brain and my head were not working together because I was walking right to it in a trance. I sat down and told my fingers not to play but they weren’t listening. He probably can’t hear me from up there anyway.

I don’t know how long I was on the piano because I get hypnotized. But I felt Justin’s hands on my shoulders, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you but I couldn’t help it.”

“There’s nothing like waking up to a jam session.”

“I wanted to make you breakfast but you don’t have any food.”

He laughed and stood behind me putting his arms around me and rested his head on mine, “It’s more dinner time isn’t it?”

“Probably.”

“Want to go get something?” I nodded my head and he helped me up.

I went to get changed when I heard Justin calling, “Pooky, come out here you’re on TV.”

I ran out with only one of my legs in my pants. I’ve never been on television, well except in second grade when my class was on the news for playing a recycling game. Justin laughed a little but helped me sit on the bed so I could watch.

“Thanks Billy,” the lady on television began, “The show was a success, as always, despite a few minor problems,” they cut to video of me on stage saying: I can’t hear anything. Good move Gianna, “Great performances all around, including Justin Timberlake’s new project Gianna Gibralda. She seemed very nervous but all together was able to pull it off. I got a chance to talk to her after her performance at Justin’s after party, which went off much better. She seemed much more confidant and seemed to have more fun. I even got to talk to her about her rumored romance with Justin.”

“I didn’t know they talked to you,” Justin said.

I nodded my head. Then the cut to the video of me from the night before, “I’m just really awkward and stuff” she laughed and so did Justin. If I remember correctly there were a bunch of people laughing. It wasn’t really a joke I was being serious. “I really get very nervous and the lights were in my face and my ear monitors weren’t working and I couldn’t hear anything and…”

“You were drunk?”

“No. I wish I was drunk.”

Justin laughed, throwing his head back, “priceless.”

“I do wish I was drunk,” I told him.

“It wasn’t that bad Gi,” he pulled me closer.

OK, back to the show. She said, “You were fantastic just now, you seemed much more comfortable.”

I nodded my head, “I’m much more comfortable on stage like that. That’s what I’m usually like, I promise.”

“That’s great. What’s it like touring with Justin?”

“It’s amazing, I’m having so much fun.”

“What do you have to say about rumors that you two are romantically involved?”

“I don’t listen to rumors.”

“He introduced you tonight as ‘my girl Gianna’.”

“My girl, like my girl. Like you could be my girl, like a friend.”

Justin laughed before turning the television off, “Don’t even try explaining it to them.”

I walked back into the bathroom to wash my face, “They asked me what happened to you because you weren’t there when you won.”

Justin walked into the bathroom and stood behind me putting his arms around my waist. “I don’t care,” he whispered in my ear and kissed the back of my head.

“You’re not a very good mentor, telling me to skip out on awards.”

“I got my priorities straight Pooky, that’s worth something,” he answered with a smile.

Is he saying I’m his priority? Well clearly he is saying that I’m his priority but that doesn’t necessarily mean that I’m his priority as his girlfriend. It could be more like his priority is making sure the first artist on his record label does not ruin everything and make his whole record label become a joke. I’m probably going to go with that one.

As we drove to the restaurant we were literally followed by three big SUV’s with people sticking out with cameras. “When are we going back on tour?”

Justin laughed as he looked over at me and rested his hand on my leg, “It’s not usually this bad, they just want to catch us out together.”

“We’re not fish.”

“What?”

“We’re not fish, they can’t catch us.”

He laughed and threw his head back; of course, he always seems to do that. “A couple days, we can make it.”

I nodded my head, “When it’s time for me to buy a house for my piano remind me not to pick Los Angeles.”

“Oh come on Pooky, its not that bad.”

“Justin, I feel like I’m getting chased by the cops.”

“Is that a feeling you’re used to back home in Savannah?”

“Yeah, absolutely,” I rolled my eyes. I really do feel claustrophobic and panicky but I need to control myself so he doesn’t get mad.

I took a few deep breaths and closed my eyes before feeling his hand on my leg, “Are you alright?”

I nodded my head, “Sorry, it just makes me nervous.”

Justin grabbed onto my hand before quickly switching lanes and speeding off.

“What are you doing?” I pulled my hand out of his.

“Loosing them,” he answered as if it wasn’t a big deal that he’s currently going 95 down the street.

“You need both hands, don’t talk, concentrate.”

He laughed while he looked in the rearview mirror, “We’re good, they’re way back there.”

“We could crash, that’s dangerous. Don’t they know it’s dangerous?”

“I doubt they care.” Justin answered as he pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant. He held onto my hand as we walked in, I like when he does that. Well I mean, obviously I like that, who would ever say they don’t like holding hands with their boyfriend. If he is my boyfriend, I don’t even know. I guess he is, it’s just weird to refer to someone as my boyfriend, especially Justin Timberlake.

He is a good boyfriend though, assuming that he is my boyfriend. He does those cute things that you only read about in books or see in the movies. Granted, sometimes he gets moody but I know it’s difficult dealing with my shit. He puts up with me good though.

“I have a box for the Lakers tonight.”

“Like a present?” I don’t understand what he’s talking about. Why would he have a box for the Lakers? That’s a basketball team right? Maybe he’s friends with one of them and has a present, although I think he would say he has a box for his friend Derrick Jeter or something. He plays for the Lakers right? Is that even basketball? He’s the only one I know. But why would he get a present for the whole team?

“What?” now he’s the one that’s confused. He gave me that look he has where he has no idea what the hell I’m talking about and doesn’t even try to pretend that he does. I get that look a lot.

“What kind of a box?”

“Seats, box seats.”

“You sit in a box?”

He nodded his head and laughed, “You rent out the whole box, it’s like a room. There’s a bar and a buffet and waitress and TVs and you can watch the game alone with your friends and not be bothered.”

“OK,” that’s silly, why would you want to rent out a room to watch a game on television when you can watch it at home? “But why would you want to watch it in a room? Can’t you do that at home?”

“It’s at the game, there’s only three walls and you’re watching the game.”

“Then why are there televisions?”

Justin laughed, “Really Gi?”

“What? I don’t get it.”

“You have the television on so you can hear the announcers and get a closer look for some things, but you’re at the game so you get the feel of being at a game.”

“I still don’t really get it. Is there a roof around it? So if it rains or something you’re safe?”

“Rains? Gi, it’s inside. Basketball games are inside.”

“Oh,” now I feel like an idiot, “I don’t know much about sports.”

“I see that,” he laughed, “Have you ever been to a game?” I shook my head, “Of any sort?”

“Of course, I went to a soccer game once.”

“Beckham?”

“Huh?”

“David Beckham” he’s still laughing.

“No, who is that? I went to my cousin’s game once.”

“That does not count.”

“It totally counts. It was a good game, he scored 3 baskets.”

“Goals,” Justin smiled, “You’re like an alien.”

“Oh, goals? Are you sure? Because it’s like a basket.”

“It’s not like a basket, it’s a net.”

“I guess.”

Justin laughed and put his hand through his hair, “You’re so clueless, it’s adorable.”

I gave him a confused look, “OK.”

“So do you want to come? So I can educate you on the wonder of
basketball.”

“Um…” not really. Although it is something that he’s really into. I mean, he talks about basketball and always wants to play basketball. He’s good too, although I don’t know too much. He could suck. But he tries to teach me and I feel like he knows what he’s talking about. Obviously I have no idea, so he could be making up stuff and I’d still believe it. But he did tell me to put my elbows in more when I shoot and I did and I actually got it in the goal. Or the basket, I don’t know.

“I won’t be boring, the seats are comfortable and the bartender knows how to keep those Sloe Gin Collins coming,” Justin offered a smile.

Now I feel bad, he thinks I don’t want to go.

“I want to go, I just don’t want to annoy you with my questions.”

“You won’t, I’m ready for them.”




On the way home from lunch Justin stopped at a store so I could get my Lakers gear. “You could get a jersey, who’s your favorite player?”

“Michel Jordan”

“It’s going to be hard to find one of those.”

“Because he’s so good?”

“Nah, because he’s been retired since 99 and he never played for the Lakers,” he smiled. I gave him a blank stare and he laughed, “Let’s just go with a sweatshirt.”

“That’s probably a good idea.”

“My buddies are excited to meet you.”

“When?”

“Tonight.”

“Tonight?!?” I just about screamed. He did not tell me his friends were going tonight. I have never met his friends and I honestly am not ready to meet his friends. I know how close he is to his mother and his cousin so I’m sure that his friends are really important to him. What if they don’t like me? He will definitely listen to what they have to say.

Justin smiled as he signed the credit card slip before grabbing the bag with his left hand and my hand with his right. I don’t know if he’s planning on ignoring what just happened or what.

“Your friends are going tonight?”

Justin didn’t really answer; he just nodded his head and smiled.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I thought there was a strong possibility you’d freak out. Although, clearly I couldn’t be more off on that one.”

I don’t like the sarcasm in his tone. He’s always sarcastic and it annoys me more than anything. “So you were just going to surprise me?”

“I’m telling you now. Calm down Pooky, it’s just a couple of my buddies.”

“I’m going to have a panic attack.”

“Why? They’re just my buddies, they’re idiots.”

“They’re important to you.”

“Well, yeah.”

“I want them to like me.”

“Why do you always think everyone is going to hate you? My mother loves you, Rachael loves you, and the guys will love you. You gotta get confident girl, this business is going to kill you if you don’t.”

“I’m confident in my music.”

“I know you are, you need to get confident with yourself.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story